1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Battlefield 3 Clubhouse

Discussion in 'techPowerUp! Club Forum' started by TheMailMan78, Feb 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brandonwh64

brandonwh64 Addicted to Bacon and StarCrunches!!!

Thanks Received:
    Mailman got the same email about reporting a platoon on battlelog its no big deal.

H82LUZ73 says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  2. brandonwh64

Thanks Received:
    Got the 5770 installed in my cruncher. Installing windows 7 X64 and origin soon then have to download BF3 again :(

Crunching for Team TPU
  3. t77snapshot

t77snapshot

Thanks Received:
    That 5 enemy sniper shot was sick (even though it busted)! LOL, I gotta try that last Myth in your vid.:rockout:

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2013
    Crunching for Team TPU
  4. johnspack

johnspack

Thanks Received:
    Jeez, this game beats up on my 285s bad... with ultra, and even high settings, I can drop as low as 35fps. I don't want to try this online until I can do better.... anyone running this at 1920x1200 on sli 470s?

5. brandonwh64

Thanks Received:
    I play on high with 2xMSAA 16XAF HBAO fairly well on a 5850 so two 285's should be decent

Crunching for Team TPU
  6. DOM

DOM

Thanks Received:
    So how do I add the stuff on my 91 forgot what its called the gun for engineer lol

Cuz my other guns I didnt have to add them they did it on them on there own

If you don't know I'm a bf3 nub :p

7. t77snapshot

t77snapshot

Thanks Received:
    Radical_Edward says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  8. HammerON

HammerON The Watchful Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    When you are at the "Deploy" screen ready to join a match, click on "Customize" and then click on the "Engineer" (or whatever class you want to manage). Then click on "Loadout" and choose which gun/equipement you want to customize. Then click on the tab that states "Accessories". You should then be able to customize your weapon.

DOM says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  9. Radical_Edward

Radical_Edward

Thanks Received:
    Most likely my best game yet honestly. I think I got around 20 or so of those kills with the Scar-H.

Crunching for Team TPU
  10. kid41212003

kid41212003

Thanks Received:
    The M98B seems to be the best sniper rifle...

11. brandonwh64

Thanks Received:
    I have been using the SV98 and it does very well with headshots but I need to get more scopes!

Crunching for Team TPU
  12. Darkleoco

Darkleoco

Thanks Received:
    Is it just me or has the spawn system suddenly gone to shit compared to what it was before?

13. DOM

DOM

Thanks Received:
    I think so but love when I spawn on a flag that there trying to take over and I spawn right behind them lol

14. Rado D

Rado D

Thanks Received:
    yeah that was one hell of a jeep fly LOL :D

..or right in the middle of the bunch,so your but can be shot into emental before you say f**k..

EDIT: lol when are they going to fix those scary eyes?looks really silly....and I love how my character yells "die mother fucker" or something like that everytime I revive a teammate LOL :D

Last edited: Nov 15, 2011
  15. f22a4bandit

f22a4bandit

Thanks Received:
    Anyone know how to fix an install loop for a patch? I keep trying to install the patch, and it just goes through an install loop. I've refreshed my games, restarted computer, ran origin in administrator and nothing is helping. If you have any ideas, let me know.

16. MT Alex

MT Alex

Thanks Received:
    Sorry, Partner, you are screwed. You will have to delete your BF3 folder and redownload the entire kit and caboodle. I had to do this 3 times, cadaveca had the misfortune of having to do it six times. I fixed it by never selecting "Repair Install" or "Check for Updates" ever again. Pretty sure that's what Dave did, as well.

f22a4bandit says thanks.
  17. f22a4bandit

f22a4bandit

Thanks Received:
    Thanks for the reply. I thought I'd have to do that, just wanted to confirm. :toast:

18. GullyFoyle

GullyFoyle

Thanks Received:
    New video's of BF3: Strike at Karkand and Gulf of Oman surfaced today

It's console footage again. Watch it for the scenery, not the game play...

New AMD video drivers available: 11.11 drivers and 11.11 CAP1 profiles.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2013
    EyEwearGlasSeS says thanks.
  19. GLD

GLD

Thanks Received:
    I would like me some Karkand...

Bought the pre-order to be playing on launch day...and the extras.

20. DannibusX

DannibusX

Thanks Received:
    I tried to watch them for the scenery, but I couldn't get over the players extreme lack of skill. Throwing hand grenades at tanks and not ever aiming down the sights makes this guy officially worse than I am at BF3. Which, until tonight, I thought was impossible.

GullyFoyle says thanks.
  21. GullyFoyle

GullyFoyle

Thanks Received:
    Inside Gaming Daily - EA Responds to Battlefield 3s Launch Issues, Considers Player Compensation

By Lawrence Sonntag | 02 November 2011

If you’re one of the many players that have thrown your headset in frustration that Battlefield 3 absolutely refuses to put your party into a squad or keeps dropping you from matches, EA Games’ Executive Vice President Patrick Soderlund feels your pain.

“We understand how frustrating it is not to be able to play the game without interruption,” Soderlund said to Machinima.

Because of that, EA is considering some sort of gift to serve as apology for the game’s jittery performance.

“We are always looking at ways to generate customer satisfaction and we’re definitely considering a gift to thank players for their patience and dedication, but our #1 road to their happiness is to get everyone playing smoothly and ensure 100% stability,” Soderlund said. “We are gamers too and we understand that no gift will match the experience of getting in the game and playing with friends.”

Soderlund admits that the launch-day jitters for Battlefield 3 have been a bit rough, but it’s gotten better since, and they’re working hard to make it perfect for everyone, all the time.

“Though the first day of launch was somewhat volatile, we are happy to report that server support stabilized to roughly 98.9% through our launch weekend and has not dropped since. That said, we will not rest until we’re at 100% . We are committed to supporting the game as a software service, and listening to consumer feedback every day,” Soderlund said. “We are making daily updates and improvements to ensure an optimal online experience for all. Regardless of the cause or platform, our team at DICE and our Online teams are working together, standing by to identify the issues and addressing them as they arise. Every big multiplayer game experiences some instability at launch. The good news is, we’re listening, responding and improving the service every day.”

Unfortunately there’s no easy fix to the infrastructure problems experienced by the game. Personally, I’ve heard many gamers wonder why EA can’t just go out and buy more servers, or why they didn’t have a larger infrastructure ready to go on day one. Soderlund explains that there’s no silver bullet for those problems.

“There are a number of different factors impacting server connectivity. It isn’t just about buying more servers. Capacity isn’t the only factor. Server architecture, data centers, data transfer — it all makes for an extraordinarily complex system that becomes increasingly intricate as we grow from supporting 1M players to 3M players to 5M players and beyond. That is why we continue to invest in servers, infrastructure and people to support the game,” Soderlund said. “We are dedicated to constantly improving connectivity.”

Soderlund also addressed the swirling scorn that constantly surrounds EA’s fledgling Origin service. Just yesterday, in fact, a hack surfaced that removed Origin’s necessity in playing Battlefield 3.

“There is a lot of misinformation out there about Origin. Origin is not spyware, and does not use or install spyware on user’s machines. Consumer privacy is very important to DICE and EA, and we take every precaution to protect personal and anonymous user data. The policies supporting Origin are industry standard privacy protocols employed by many other popular web services, and there is absolutely nothing malicious in the software that should create concerns about privacy,” Soderlund said. “As players become increasingly familiar with the service and its benefits when playing games like Battlefield 3, we believe that Origin will be embraced and appreciated more and more by gamers worldwide.”

Ultimately Soderlund wants Battlefield 3 players to know that both EA and DICE are grateful for their support, and that they’re pledging lasting support for this game. This will come not only in terms of infrastructure and a better play experience, but new game content like the Back to Karkand DLC pack due out in December.

“In two words: thank you,” Soderlund said. “We are overwhelmed by the positive response we’ve received from gamers around the world. The DICE team has lived and breathed Battlefield 3 for the last few years and it’s an exciting time for us to finally share something we are so passionate about with millions of gamers. The best reward for us is the amazing feedback we’ve seen from our fans. They are helping us make the game better every single day.”

If you’re itching to leave feedback of your own, Soderlund provides a few tips for interacting with the team.

“There are a number of ways to reach us. They can submit questions via www.battlefield.com or http://www.facebook.com/battlefield. They can also follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/battlefield for the latest news,” Soderlund said. “Again, thank you for all your support. I hope to see you on the Battlefield.”

Planet Battlefield - Upcoming Battlefield 3 Community Events

Tuesday, 15 November, 2011 at 18:00 PST | ^Scott^ | Print News
    Two Battlefield 3 community events are coming up with the first one starting tomorrow at 11am PT. DICE is hosting a live chat with Battlefield Global Community Manager, Daniel Matros where we might even see some new footage of Back to Karkand.

EA.com

The second event is a Battlefield community roundtable hosted by FragWorld, which will happen a week from today on Tuesday, November 22nd at 9:30pm ET. Last month's event had a pretty big turnout and Ian 'crash7800' Tornay and Daniel 'zh1nt0' Matros stopped by to talk last time.
    More Info

EyEwearGlasSeS says thanks.
  22. GullyFoyle

GullyFoyle

Thanks Received:
    How is skill level calculated...

xenocide, MT Alex and EyEwearGlasSeS say thanks.
  23. xenocide

xenocide

Thanks Received:
    Hmmm. I find that Skill Level system to be very strange. But I'll take it.

24. Volkszorn88

Volkszorn88

Thanks Received:
    Just achieved lvl 40, the P-90 feels rather weak for a weapon that is such a late unlock. But then again, it does carry 50 rounds. So I guess there's the balance.

25. Wyverex

Wyverex

Thanks Received:
    I've had the unfortunate experience with the Repair too, but what I found out in the end, repair does everything correctly up until a certain point - it "forgets" to rename the "BF3.exe" correctly (it leaves some temporary extension, which once removed makes your install complete and ready to play)

So, if after running Repair it still says "ready to install" - turn off Origin - find your "BF3.exe.xxxxxx" - remove the weird part - restart Origin -> everything should be working now

GullyFoyle, MT Alex and JD15 say thanks.