1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Battlefield 3 Clubhouse

Discussion in 'techPowerUp! Club Forum' started by TheMailMan78, Feb 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EastCoasthandle

EastCoasthandle New Member

Thanks Received:
    The frame rates are low enough for me to notice some lag, which is visible in the increased spiking in the performance overlay chart. Besides, I wasn't having problems with explosions before the patch was released.

2. chron New Member

Thanks Received:
    hey guys, I'm "LePoopSoup" on BF3. You probably have been killed by me at least a few times.

I have no friends so add me if you want.

3. cadaveca

cadaveca My name is Dave

Thanks Received:
    Yeah, I hear ya on FPS = skill sometimes. I mention this quite often on the TS...

I mean, I'm playing with a contorller, so I don't expect much. Yes, when FPS dips a bit low, I can can tell easily, as it affects my ability to play well. Perhpas it has something to od with sync of inputs and FPS; I am not sure on that.

But damn it all if I don't think low settings looks a bit better, and plays great! I have no need for medium, high, or ultra settings! The visual difference is not enough to justify the extra performance required nor power consumption.

And perhaps that's why this patch doesn't seem to bother me? is that stuff differnet from Ultra to low? I am not sure...I just play the damn game!:laugh:

AlienIsGOD says thanks.
  4. chron New Member

Thanks Received:
    exactly. when you're playing at this level, being able to peak around corners is something I've found myself naturally longing for

I wish they would get rid of mortars and infrared sights though, that's bs:laugh:

5. chron New Member

Thanks Received:
    It's not crazy to think that. I find the game looks best with everything on high, except shadows on ultra and mesh on medium. Everything on ultra just doesn't look as good to me for some reason.

6. catnipkiller

catnipkiller

Thanks Received:
    Well i did what erocker told me to and no luck. i dont think its a cpu problem but what else could it be?

7. MxPhenom 216

MxPhenom 216 Corsair Fanboy

Thanks Received:
    uh its impossible for a game to not have a single bug. its the history of games, or history of programming, that there will be bugs. If its noticable or not is another story

1Kurgan1 says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  8. Wrigleyvillain

Wrigleyvillain PTFO or GTFO

Thanks Received:
    Uh yeah I'll take those off your hands and ensure they stop going to waste. I'll even do you a solid and give you my 6850s! lol

9. cadaveca

cadaveca My name is Dave

Thanks Received:
    Batman looks like poop on this 6770. 6950's, well, at least one of them, will be put back shortly. I had high hopes, but sadly Batman is not as good as BF3. :D

10. Wrigleyvillain

Wrigleyvillain PTFO or GTFO

Thanks Received:
    Nuts!

11. catnipkiller

catnipkiller

Thanks Received:
    Getting 60-100+fps 1 card looks like crossfire don't work on bf3 for 5000 cards. other games it works fine.

12. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    It's funny you say that with RAGE in your sig, that and Dead Island were unplayable for at least a day, by almost everyone out there. But beyond that, like said, games have bugs, they aren't all the same for everyone because not everyone is using the exact same hardware. I personally have had 0 of the issue you are describing, actually, I haven't had any of those issues since launch, I might have had 1 CTD ever. And a few friends that play on PC have had the same experience as me.

13. DOM

DOM

Thanks Received:
    anyone tryed the bf3 cloud storage ?

14. brandonwh64

brandonwh64 Addicted to Bacon and StarCrunches!!!

Thanks Received:
    no!

:)

DOM and 1Kurgan1 say thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  15. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    I been using it, seems fine.

DOM says thanks.
  16. DOM

DOM

Thanks Received:
    So have you been playing on more then one rig cuz it says you can just asking cuz I dl it like five times so far just don't wanna have to dl it again so wanted to try it cuz I never used cloud

17. GullyFoyle

GullyFoyle

Thanks Received:
    Battlelog - Nov 22 Patch *completed*

<Full patch notes>

By: zh1nt0 Posted: 2 days ago 3473 comments
    Patch notes for Nov 22 patch
    Major client update for the PC version Battlefield 3 as well as a server-side update for all platforms.

The update will be made on Nov. 22nd 7:00 AM UTC / Nov. 21st 11:00 PM PST.

We’ll share release timing on the console patches as soon as we are clear on the timing, these take a bit longer due to console certification process.

---- Client-Side Changes:

-- Visuals, Stability and Performance Fixes:

• General performance and loading time improvements
    • “Black Screen” fix for an issue occurring on some PC Configurations
    • Stereo and Rendering Support for Nvidia and AMD Graphics Cards
    • Adjusted the “stuttering” encountered on some PC configurations.
    • Fixed several Crashes when joining MP and Co-Op sessions
    • Fixed multiple problems when using multiple monitors (Eyefinity / Surround).
    • Fixed visual corruption issues on certain Nvidia Cards
    • Improved loading times for certain textures
    • Added console command “GameTime.MaxVariableFps” to limit max FPS

-- Balance and Gameplay Adjustments (PC)

• Fixed a problem with high speed mouse movement
    • Added back some missing Growlers on Kharg Island Conquest Large
    • Added back EOR sound for SQDM and TDM
    • You should no longer be able to damage a friendly vehicle when sitting in an open position
    • Grenades now drop to ground if you get killed while attempting to throw it(note the affect this will have on Hardcore mode!)
    • Spawn protection now should work in Conquest. You should no longer spawn on points too close to enemies
    • You should no longer spawn too close to enemies in TDM and SQDM
    • Combat areas on Kharg Rush tweaked in order to disallow defenders to access the carrier ship after 1st base is taken and being able to enter the AA gun
    • Fixed a problem with revived players not suffering suppression
    • Fixed a problem with the camera when being revived in COOP
    • Added joystick deadzone setting
    • Fixed sound for when climbing ladders
    • Fixed an issue with some weapon sounds in first person
    • Fixed a swim sound loop error
    • Increased the damage of Helicopter Miniguns, AA guns, and Jet Cannons against infantry
    • Increased the damage of Helicopter Miniguns against jeeps.
    • Reduced the physics impact of AA guns and Jet Cannons, players under attack from these weapons should no longer lose control.
    • Increased the damage of the 44 Magnum slightly.
    • Increased the range and minimum damage of the .357 Round from the MP412 Rex.
    • Increased the range of all .45cal and 9mm weapons.
    • Slightly increased the range of the P90 and MP7 and PDW-R.
    • Slightly increased the range of the 5.56mm PDW-R and decreased the minimum damage at long range.
    • Slightly increased the minimum range of the Mk11, SVD, and M39 EMR 7.62mm rifles.
    • Decreased the maximum damage and maximum range of the G3 and SCAR-H 7.62mm weapons.
    • Reduced the damage from FIM-92 and SA-18 IGLA missiles against aircraft.
    • Increased the damage and range of the 40mm BUCK rounds.
    • Reduced the damage .50cal weapons do against Helicopters.
    • Updated T90 canister shell tweaks to match Abrams canister shells
    UI Changes (PC)
    • Added round duration and ticket summary at EOR
    • Advanced squad polish – should be more intuitive
    • Significant changes to the Join Squad functionality (see below)
    • Fixed a problem regarding keybindings while playing
    • You should now get a better error message when being disconnected via Battlelog

---- Server Update Highlights

• EOD Bot exploit fix
    • Several crash fixes
    • Anti-stat padding measures taken, disallowing ranked servers to run obscure settings
    • Improved team kill kick configuration
    • Support for unranked servers. Unranked servers do not report players' scores to Battlelog, but server administrators can freely control all settings

-- Share your profile and stats with new Battlelog functionality

• Ability to share your Profile and Stats pages to Facebook, Google+, and Twitter
    • User Profile and Stats pages on Battlelog can now be accessed without being signed in to Battlelog if you know a user's URL
    • Single sign on from Battlelog to Origin. If you're not logged in to Origin and join a game server, Battlelog will automatically sign you in to Origin in the background and join the game server

-- Quick notes on Squad changes in the Nov 22 update

• Removed FIND ME A SQUAD option
    • Allow players to join empty Squads alone, thus having 1/4 squad members
    • Change order of options to LEAVE SQUAD, INV A FRIEND, SWITCH TEAM
    • Disable Privacy flag when 1 man squad
    • Reset Privacy flag from Private to Public when squad drops to 1 player
    • All occupied Squads will now show up colored blue on the Squad Selection screen
    • Players who choose not to join squads will also show up as Blue in the "Not in a Squad” line
    • Squads that are currently empty will display as white -- if you wish to join an empty Squad, you can choose the first one marked with white text

-- A detailed look at Squad refinements

A detailed look at Squad refinements

Today's PC client patch features numerous tweaks to Squad functionality and is part of our ongoing efforts to make it easier to play with friends and Platoon mates. These changes will also be implemented for consoles when we release the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 updates shortly. Stay tuned for the exact date of the console updates.

First, we need to look at how joining with Squads and Platoons affects the balance of teams. Initially, servers are commanded to equal out each side, so joining with friends can impact that balance while joining with Platoons further hinders this. As a result we have made some adjustments to the in-game Squad management screen.

For PC, you are now able to highlight the various Squads and select which one you wish to join by selecting a Squad and then clicking the Join Squad button. Please note that the Squad Privacy option still allows 2 man Squads which, during 64 player sessions, can lead to players with no squad position –- the number of people with no Squads will be shown at the bottom of the Squad selection list.

After the patch is applied to consoles (in the near future) you will be able to join Squads by cycling through the list and selecting which Squad you wish to join.

Battlelog - An updated post on the server update :)

By: zh1nt0 Posted: 18 hours ago 3221 comments
    Today (Tue Nov 22nd, 2011) we have updated most components of BF3 PC:

* We have released an update to the BF3 PC game client via Origin. It is ~500MB large. Everyone will be prompted to install the update.
    * We have updated the master servers - mainly stability fixes.
    * We have updated Battlelog - see the blog post for details.
    * We have sent out a new game server build to all PC RSPs.

The new server is R9, build ID 886605.
    Manual here: http://static.cdn.ea.com/dice/u/f/bfbc2/tmp/BF3_PC_Server_R9_886605_Docs_ServerAdministrator_v2.zip [static.cdn.ea.com]

Battlelog will only show Server R9 or newer. This is because the new game client is no longer compatible with the older game servers. The RSPs are gradually updating their servers. As they complete the update you will see more and more servers in the browser.

Here is a near-complete changelist for the game servers:

* Support for unranked servers (vars.ranked)
    * Ranked servers have a few settings as read-only (see documentation)
    * Unranked servers allow changing of all settings
    * Reintroduced vars.allUnlocksUnlocked for unranked servers
    * The game server will parse all of Startup.txt even if an error is encountered
    * vars.roundStartPlayerCount / vars.roundRestartPlayerCount handling rewritten to be more natural
    * vars.maxPlayers cannot be used to go past the server's max number of slots any more
    * Security updates to the game server
    * Fixed several server crashes, hangs, and a 10-second stall - all of which which would make the server drop every player
    * vars.gamePassword can only be invoked during server startup, not while the server is already running
    * vars.teamKillCountForKick 0 will disable team kicking instead of kicking people frivolously
    * banList.add would sometimes crash; fixed now
    * EOD bot scoring exploit fix

If you are a server administrator that run ranked servers, then you should take note that a few settings are no longer changeable for ranked servers.
    The most notable example here is that you are no longer able to set the min # of players to start a round to less than 4. This is to prevent statspadding.
    Secondly, the idle timeout mechanism is always on, and set at 300 seconds on ranked servers. This is to prevent people idling for long swathes of time on ranked servers. Having idle kick at 5 minutes is harsh, and we will revisit the max timeout for Server R10 - however, we do not plan to allow for turning of the idle kick altogether.

If you are a server administrator that run unranked servers, notice that you should set the server to unranked by having a 'vars.ranked false' at the top of your Startup.txt. You must set it to unranked during the server startup; once the server is present on Battlelog, it can no longer be switched between ranked and unranked status. Once it is set to unranked, all other settings can be controlled. And yes, the setting for unlocking all weapons & gadgets (vars.allUnlocksUnlocked) is back.

Patch Related News

twitter.com/zh1nt0: "IRNV and flashlight fixes are in a later patch. Didn´t make it into this one. We found these changes to be more necessary than waiting"

==================================================

twitter.com/Dfic: "@repi how does UI.DrawEnable work?"

twitter.com/repi: "@Dfic actually it doesn't, we just realized it wasn't part of that patch so has been removed for patch notes. sorry about that"

Someone is finally pulling "BF3 - Damage Charts, Stats and Mechanics" from the game files.

Use this site to stalk DICE employees for Dogtags.

AlienIsGOD says thanks.
  18. TheLaughingMan

TheLaughingMan

Thanks Received:
    And with all the patching the Javelin is still the most useless piece of crap in the game with a broken target tracker, very little damage, and extremely long lock on times.

They have also broken the SOFLAM as it now moves at 25% of its original speed when turn the camera, thus making it completely uses to those with low resolution mice.

19. MT Alex

MT Alex

Thanks Received:
    Works fine here.

20. Radical_Edward

Radical_Edward

Thanks Received:
    I have two 5850's and they play the game just fine. :D

Crunching for Team TPU
  21. catnipkiller

catnipkiller

Thanks Received:
    What else should i try to fix my problem? I have no idea why i'm so laggy should i reinstall windows?

22. caleb

Thanks Received:
    They fixed the GFX glitches for me
    [​IMG]

23. AlienIsGOD

AlienIsGOD

Thanks Received:
    my Crossfired 4850s max out usually at 65% load and push 45-60 FPS on med with 2 x AA

Crunching for Team TPU
  24. catnipkiller

catnipkiller

Thanks Received:
    Then u are getting more fps then i

25. AlienIsGOD

AlienIsGOD

Thanks Received:
    I really feel for you Bro, no way you should be having problems with Crossfire 5870s

Crunching for Team TPU