1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Battlefield 3 Clubhouse

Discussion in 'techPowerUp! Club Forum' started by TheMailMan78, Feb 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. digibucc

digibucc

Thanks Received:
    not to mention, they ARE free for anyone who pre-orders the game.
  2. Hayder_Master

Hayder_Master

Thanks Received:
    I hope TPU team be more serious this time, we must took part in champions and challenges, like ESL or something like that.
  3. digibucc

digibucc

Thanks Received:
    most of us (or me personally at least) stay away from the clannish stuff.

we'll do scrimmages for sure if other groups wanna go, but nothing serious,
    regularly scheduled or the like. it's fun to play together but it's no fun
    when it gets too serious.
  4. boise49ers

boise49ers

Thanks Received:
    BF4Free looks like BF2 I wouldn't consider it much of a re-skin.
    I can think of a lot of BF2 maps I'd rather have than Karkand though.
    I did like Oman except how close they put those shoreline flags to each other.

No doubt if that was the case I'd be like the little dude in the crowd getting picked last because no one wanted me on their team:mad::roll:
  5. GullyFoyle

GullyFoyle

Thanks Received:
    Yes, and no. The BFBC2 Limited Edition was some unlocks. They gave it to all copies registered before a certain date, about a month after release. This was basically to ensure all pre-orders got it.
    So far, it looks like Return to Karkand will be handled the same way. Assuming they release it in a timely manner. But once the date passes, people can still earn unlocks, but that won't work for the map pack. I think they will start off selling it at $15, like BFBC2: Vietnam.
  6. Scrizz

Scrizz

Thanks Received:
    I hope BF3 will be modable.

would love to see some forgotten hope in Frostbyte 2 Glory!
    snuif09, PhysXerror and Wrigleyvillain say thanks.
  7. Rado D

Rado D

Thanks Received:
    I'd happily play with you in my team :toast:
    Just like anybody from TPU.. I've tried to add you as a friend in BFBC2,but as mentioned before,for some stupid reason,they made it possible only if the player which you want to add is online too...and I never see you online at the same time as me :)
    The problem is Im in UK and the time difference rarely let me play with you guys,most of the time,the first few fellas from TPU connect after 3am UK time,but by that time my eyes are more crossed than Crazyeyesreapers LOL:roll: just bedtime
  8. FreedomEclipse

FreedomEclipse ~Technological Technocrat~

Thanks Received:
    I played with a few people from TPU really really early on. but havent done for ages. my ping is so bad even on UK servers. gotta take that up with the ISP before BF3 is out
  9. Rado D

Rado D

Thanks Received:
    Sorry to hear that.what provider and package you use?the sad truth about broadband providers is well known anyway.it really depends on the quality and age of the line.you can have the fastest one,but on shit line you get shit speeds and everything else.what pings you have on UK servers?I had terrible experience with BT,never go back with them,their customer support is also terrible.I know that not everyone is happy with Virgin,but perhaps Im one of the luckier to rent a relatively new flat with very recent line instal.Im on fiber up to 30Mb
    and always good speeds,around 27Mb - 29Mb,with steady 1.07Mb upload.on UK BFBC2 servers,even when full,the ping is 15 - 65.never get laggy.so Im happy :) tough most of the times I play US servers,its not so good sometimes,but cant really complain.

Oh by the way guys,speaking about that,what do you think how will BF3 servers cope with 64 players??lets hope it wont be too bad(I mainly mean server performance)..I never played BF2 so I cant even imagine how 64p carnage looks like LOL
    is it fun??though maps must be big right?cos even on the biggest maps in BFBC2 when the server is full,you can die in no time,there is always someones crosshair on you.
  10. Funtoss

Funtoss New Member

Thanks Received:
    i cant wait for this!!!!!!!!!!
  11. FreedomEclipse

FreedomEclipse ~Technological Technocrat~

Thanks Received:
    Im with Demon broadband. cant exactly remember which package as ive been with them for so many years. but its a 16Mb connection.

If you havent played BF2 on a 64 player server with a FULL HOUSE. then you havent lived. absolute mayhem thats all i can say. its immensely fun even if you're playing it on a server full of strangers. having a few friends with voice comms squad up with you adds to the fun. but if not then it doesnt detract from the overall experience.
  12. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    It's doubtful, most of us play for some, some extremely good players that play here. But we are all on different shifts, so we play when we can. I'd be more interested in doing sort of scrims where we join another clans server, they mix both our clan up and their clan across both sides and we just go at it. That way hopefully both teams got great players.

Ah, so it's going to work more like the Limited Edition did + VIP all rolled into one. I had to ask, it just wouldn't make sense to only give Karkand to pre-orders, I would think they would do just like the Limited, I remember seeing Limited on shelves for a few months later.

Doubtful, and if it was, minorly. Theres a lot to the engine, they have worked on it a long time with a large studio, to allow small groups of people to work with destruction, I can't imagine a ton of great results would come out, but I guess we could be surprised.
  13. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    Dammit Ill buy EVERYTHING. I just want it on steam already. Does anyone have any info on the steam release?
  14. caleb

Thanks Received:
    Clan wars are the best FPS experience there is. Sure its fun on funwars or public but the combination FPS+competition just ownz. Sure its annoying when you get cheaterized,people don't show up for a match or just play "alone" without any teamwork.
    The cups are there if you want to team up ;)
    [​IMG]
  15. digibucc

digibucc

Thanks Received:
    you have to care about being part of a clan for that to be a positive, many of us don't.
  16. Wrigleyvillain

Wrigleyvillain PTFO or GTFO

Thanks Received:
    I'm as big a Steam fan an anyone but why are you so adamant about this?
  17. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    Because I want all the pre-order goodies but I don't want to use the EA store.
  18. cheesy999

Thanks Received:
    buy a boxed copy?
  19. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    No I like everything in one place like Steam. Makes it easy to backup and keep updated.
    1Kurgan1 and CDdude55 say thanks.
  20. CDdude55

CDdude55 Crazy 4 TPU!!!

Thanks Received:
    I agree with MailMan, i definitely need it on Steam and im eagerly waiting for them to put it up. I wish they would at least let everyone preorder the game already.
  21. cheesy999

Thanks Received:
    i know, its terrible, not letting people preorder 5 month in advance :rolleyes:
  22. EastCoasthandle

EastCoasthandle New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hmm if they are releasing BF3 before MW3 that would make sense for them. But it's not clear if that's true or not. If there is any speck of truth to that then it should be a late summer release IMO. The earlier the jump on the MW3 release the better.
    Tweet
    Article
  23. cheesy999

Thanks Received:
    [​IMG]
  24. EastCoasthandle

EastCoasthandle New Member

Thanks Received:
  25. cheesy999

Thanks Received:
    2/11/11