1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Battlefield 3 Clubhouse

Discussion in 'techPowerUp! Club Forum' started by TheMailMan78, Feb 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Radical_Edward

Radical_Edward

Thanks Received:
    Same for me, load times aren't a big deal.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  2. dude12564 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Yeah, i'd rather wait more than have lag in game.
  3. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    updated video card drivers? i know that helped load times in BC2
  4. El Fiendo

El Fiendo

Thanks Received:
    Funny you mention that, I uninstalled, did a clean sweep and reinstalled the latest drivers. However everytime I go to play it mentions I have outdated drivers but plays anyways. I've done it 3 or 4 times now but can't get it stop giving the error.
  5. ChaoticG8R

Thanks Received:
    asynchronous SSD + 6GB RAM = 5-10sec map changes + 30-45 sec Join Server to Player Load screens...

I think that you might be having some issues if things are taking several minutes. Avoid hackers by avoiding high ticket servers. They go to those servers to take advantage of being able to kill 100 ppl quickly and easily. Most normal servers don't see those types...
  6. El_Mayo

El_Mayo

Thanks Received:
    I wanna be angry at that, but I was gonna buy an 8gb kit anyway anyway
    My video editing can bog 4GB down, and I recently had to step it down to 1066mhz :(
  7. GullyFoyle

GullyFoyle

Thanks Received:
    Battlelog - BF3 PC Server R18 will roll out on Tue Jan 24th

2012-01-23 14:48

A few RSPs will be trialling the server during this evening/morning. The new server update will begin rollout with all RSPs during Tuesday if no gotchas are found.

Changelog

Fixed the most common server crash. The story behind this one is fairly convoluted:

When a player begins the process of joining a server, the server will begin buffering some kinds of information in anticipation of the player completing the loading & joining phase. However, players sometimes get stuck in the loading screen. This makes the server buffer more and more info for that player. A side effect of this is a temporary resource leak in the game server. The leak is immediately restored if the server changes map, or the player completes loading, or the player shuts down the game client. However if a player manages to remain stuck for 30+ minutes in loading on a server with lots of activity and the server doesn’t end the round, then the server could run out of the particular resource – it would then crash.

The new server version will forcibly disconnect clients which are threatening to exhaust that particular resource. With this change in place, we do not know of anything that would make high-ticket servers less stable than normal-ticket servers.

Long banlists will not crash the server.

The banlist supports up to 10.000 entries now.
    The banList.list command has been modified to return at most 100 entries at a time (similar to how BC2 PC’s banList.list command works).
    Any administrative tools will need to be updated to be able to see more than the first 100 entries.

Corrections to the banlist documentation.

The new server administrator documentation can be found here: http://static.cdn.ea.com/dice/u/f/bfbc2/tmp/BF3_PC_Server_R18_902705_Docs_ServerAdministrator.zip [static.cdn.ea.com]
    TSC-Andrey
    n0tiert says thanks.
  8. boise49ers

boise49ers

Thanks Received:
    If you go on a splurge you may consider getting a new GPU too. That would help also. I'd wait and see what is offered when the 7000 series are released though. That should be fairly close to happening. I think it is suppose to be this quarter of 2012.
  9. GullyFoyle

GullyFoyle

Thanks Received:
    brandonwh64 and MT Alex say thanks.
  10. brandonwh64

brandonwh64 Addicted to Bacon and StarCrunches!!!

Thanks Received:
    My 5770 on my cruncher playes BF3 fairly well on medium (without the cool extras) :)
    Crunching for Team TPU
  11. MT Alex

MT Alex

Thanks Received:
    Updated and ready for battle.
  12. Exeodus

Exeodus

Thanks Received:
    I can sympathize with having shitty teammates. I hate when guys take the tank or helicopter without knowing how to properly use it. Know your role.

On a sidenote, and this may have been answered elsewhere, why is the TPU server always empty?
  13. brandonwh64

Thanks Received:
    HOLY SHIT! Someone has made a dice suggestion on a new soldier GUI and Commorose!!! THIS IS TOTALY BAD ASS!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Crunching for Team TPU
  14. Wrigleyvillain

Wrigleyvillain PTFO or GTFO

Thanks Received:
    Yeah there have been a few of these UI redesigns shown over at the subreddit. All have been good but this is certainly the best and most extensive.
  15. FordGT90Concept

FordGT90Concept "I go fast!1!11!1!"

Thanks Received:
    Pretty awesome but my hopes are low of it happening.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  16. brandonwh64

Thanks Received:
    I like how the chat box is still up at he end game score screen so you can still shit talk to the other team HAHAHA
    Crunching for Team TPU
  17. boise49ers

boise49ers

Thanks Received:
    Here is a really dumb question. How do you scroll
    through the commands easily ?
  18. TheLaughingMan

TheLaughingMan

Thanks Received:
    I think the scroll wheel will go around the options in a clockwise/counter clockwise order if you don't move the mouse. If it doesn't, I would like it to since getting to the stuff between straight up/down or left right can take too long.
  19. sildar New Member

Thanks Received:
    Agreed. There's too many options in the left/right sides. Strip it down to two options on each side, and make everything else based on the context of what your crosshair is over.
  20. TheLaughingMan

TheLaughingMan

Thanks Received:
    Need Ammo
    Need Medic
    Need Backup
    Need Orders
    Need anti-vehicle support
    Need anti-air support

Those six should cover everything I personally ever need on the battlefield. Need ammo as down, need medic as up, need backup/anti-vehicle support on left, and need AA/orders on right. A little background code to auto select backup/orders as the option when no vehicles/aircraft have been spotted or in your visual sight. That way you want accidently call for AA support when you are on a map with no aircraft. Or call for vehicle support when you are 500 meters away from the nearest vehicular threat.

Left click to say to whole team or out loud and right click to say to squad mates only.
  21. boise49ers

boise49ers

Thanks Received:
    I guess easily isn't an option yet then is it ? :D
  22. sildar New Member

Thanks Received:
    I'd do you one better and keep the current BF3 caveat of having medic/ammo auto called when you're low and hit the comm button, with no target. That way you can do a perfect 4-way cardinal split on the rose.

Love the left/right differentiation, btw.
  23. GullyFoyle

GullyFoyle

Thanks Received:
    New! Improved! Battlelog: BF3 PC Server R19 will roll out on Wed Jan 25th

2012-01-24 12:37

Server R18 had a crashbug in it. We have resolved it, and will soon send out server R19 to the RSPs.

A few RSPs will be trialling the server during this evening/morning. The new server update will begin rollout with all RSPs during Tuesday if no gotchas are found.

Changelog

Fixed the most common server crash. The story behind this one is fairly convoluted:

When a player begins the process of joining a server, the server will begin buffering some kinds of information in anticipation of the player completing the loading & joining phase. However, players sometimes get stuck in the loading screen. This makes the server buffer more and more info for that player. A side effect of this is a temporary resource leak in the game server. The leak is immediately restored if the server changes map, or the player completes loading, or the player shuts down the game client. However if a player manages to remain stuck for 30+ minutes in loading on a server with lots of activity and the server doesn’t end the round, then the server could run out of the particular resource – it would then crash.

The new server version will forcibly disconnect clients which are threatening to exhaust that particular resource. With this change in place, we do not know of anything that would make high-ticket servers less stable than normal-ticket servers.

Long banlists will not crash the server.

The banlist supports up to 10.000 entries now. This limit can be raised in the future.
    The banList.list command has been modified to return at most 100 entries at a time (similar to how BC2 PC’s banList.list command works).
    Any administrative tools will need to be updated to be able to see more than the first 100 entries.

Corrections to the banlist documentation.

Docs
    The R18 documentation applies to R19 as well. It can be found here: http://static.cdn.ea.com/dice/u/f/bfbc2/tmp/BF3_PC_Server_R18_902705_Docs_ServerAdministrator.zip [static.cdn.ea.com]
    OPK-Juice
  24. El_Mayo

El_Mayo

Thanks Received:
    Depends how good the 7000s are
    I might get another 5770 for cheap soon instead :p
  25. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    Fixed.
    mastrdrver says thanks.