1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Battlefield 3 Clubhouse

Discussion in 'techPowerUp! Club Forum' started by TheMailMan78, Feb 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EastCoasthandle

EastCoasthandle New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hmm, 11/2. The article says 11/4. Who knows. They may move it up more. But I wonder if Activision will counter.

2. boise49ers

boise49ers

Thanks Received:
    I don't have a problem hooking up with TPU'er I was making the point that if people took it to seriously they wouldn't want us guys that lose tickets on their team. Thanks for the invite. I haven't been playing much lately. I have Metro and just bought FEAR 2 I have been messing around with. Thanks Again

Last edited: May 31, 2011
  3. CDdude55

CDdude55 Crazy 4 TPU!!!

Thanks Received:
    Depends on your perspective really, i like the ability to preorder really early so i can avoid future issues and to know i have the game in my catalog.

Now of course generally they won't let us do any preordering till a month or so before the games out. But by then, who knows what issues i'll have to pay off as opposed to dropping cash down on a preorder.

I like to get everything out of the way.

4. Wrigleyvillain

Wrigleyvillain PTFO or GTFO

Thanks Received:
    Don't you not actually pay until release though?

5. CDdude55

CDdude55 Crazy 4 TPU!!!

Thanks Received:
    Steam lets you ''prepurchase'', so they take the cash out of your account before the game is released.

6. caleb

Thanks Received:
    EADM does the same job steam does. If you want the overlay just add non steam game not a big deal really. Plus you can get it a lot cheaper if you get a promo code of some noob at ebay. I will pay like ~20e.

7. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    Yeah, but when you have a ton of games, some from gogamer, some from ea, some from steam, some from random other places, because you only buy where the best deals or the earliest pre-orders are, it gets extremely annoying if you need to redownload your games. Not to mention certain other sources don't always allow you an upload, they only allow them for so long. And while you can add Steam overlay, it doesn't have hour tracking,

I just personally don't want to hop around trying to figure where all of my games are from, it's why I got like 160 games on Steam, imagine if I just got those in a bunch of random places, would be insanity.

TheMailMan78 says thanks.
  8. caleb

Thanks Received:
    Good for you. I only got a few games and play one :cry:. I'm good with half the price for same stuff and clicking a few more times when I reinstall OS once a year or two.

9. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    Good for you, but I'm explaining why theres a few people here who like to stick with Steam. Wouldn't be just clicking a few more times for some of us, granted I back up my Steam folder because it's like 800gb and I don't feel like downloading all of those games even if they are from the same source.

10. digibucc

digibucc

Thanks Received:
    what about d2d? lately i have been really impressed with their service, i like the pure-web
    interface, patching isn't hard - and you get the same goodies (unless i'm wrong about that)

It's not steam, so if the "one place" part is a definite necessity, d2d is a no go, but otherwise
    i recommend them, for this order at least.

i normally always agree with kurgan, but here i just don't see the huge deal. i have hundreds of games through steam,d2d,eastore, etc. i wont do ea store anymore, but
    ill still do d2d. sometimes impulse or gog. but really, my email keeps track of every purchase and where from. i don't have to reinstall THAT often for it to become a pain.

I can see from a strictly technical view, the reasoning kurgan and mailman use
    - but with equal or possibly even more games through digital services, i just can't agree
    that it is a big enough deal to make a difference. price/timing matters, that's about it afaic.

BUT, that just means they care about organization more than i do... that's a personality type thing and we've all got 'em :)

Last edited: Jun 1, 2011
    1Kurgan1 says thanks.
  11. GullyFoyle

GullyFoyle

Thanks Received:
  12. GullyFoyle

GullyFoyle

Thanks Received:
  13. boise49ers

boise49ers

Thanks Received:
    Yeah I have 2 sources. Steam and EA. I had a couple other sources , but over the years just let them go because the games
    I had through them weren't very good any way. Haven't made up my mind who I'll get BF3 through yet. Probably Steam !

14. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    I'd agree with this, but the reason I usually buy Steam is also because they have sales all the time. Something like this I am in no hurry to pre-order, some places have 10% off right now, Steam does it for almost all Pre-orders, so might as well just have it there is how I look at it. It's not a big deal, but it just makes things slightly easier and I'm lazy :laugh: I also use my Steam to launch all my games, so a bunch of non-Steam games I have to add, which combats my laziness.

Black Haru and digibucc say thanks.
  15. GullyFoyle

GullyFoyle

Thanks Received:
    I have been reading tweets from DICE about tons of reporters in for interviews with DICE early this week. Looks like this is all about the E3 Multiplayer splash... Link

16. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    I just got my pecker reattached after the last 12 minute video they released. I don't even have the stitches out!

17. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    Have you ever thought about a prosthetic?

18. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    I tried a Wii controller once.

19. GullyFoyle

GullyFoyle

Thanks Received:
    New Battlefield Blog Post: BF3 goes to E3!

Black Haru says thanks.
  20. GullyFoyle

GullyFoyle

Thanks Received:
    MT Alex says thanks.
  21. MT Alex

MT Alex

Thanks Received:
    I was surprised to see the Wake Island concept. Looks pretty good. Definitely not my favorite map, been on a ton of crappy teams that can never even make a beach head, then it really sucks.

I'm still holding out for Dragon Valley.

22. Black Haru

Black Haru

Thanks Received:
    if that battlelog works as advertised, I will be very happy. no more "you can only have 20 friends" or trying different sights for stats.

23. caleb

Thanks Received:
    I bet my left testicle that the server list will not work on release and the friends list will be buggy until Battlefield4

EDIT: ON a side note EA just installed some Steam wannabe client instead of EADM with a friends list etc.

24. PhysXerror

PhysXerror New Member

Thanks Received:
    Oh the horror :laugh:

25. Wrigleyvillain

Wrigleyvillain PTFO or GTFO

Thanks Received:
    If history is any guide that's a safe bet (which is good when testicles are involved, of course). They could surprise us though. This is their "biggest" release yet by far too. We know they are working very hard to get it all right.