1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Battlefield 3 Clubhouse

Discussion in 'techPowerUp! Club Forum' started by TheMailMan78, Feb 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Black Haru

Black Haru

Thanks Received:
    I suspect that it will be buggy on release because they are using a new system, but this is DICE, so patches will be present bugs or no bugs.

2. St.Alia-Of-The-Knife New Member

Thanks Received:
    the question is...
    Will it play on a 5770?

3. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    The vague answer is...

Yes.

4. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    Begins with a Yes, ends with a, on low settings.

5. St.Alia-Of-The-Knife New Member

Thanks Received:
    hmm.. how about crossfired?

6. Hayder_Master

Hayder_Master

Thanks Received:
    for me when i put clan name play aginst good players i will be extermely serious, clean play and top scores only what i should think, many times play with gpsyhighway and we rock the server always booth names with TPU clan on the top of winner team and that thing only make me feel fun when play BC2.

I owned BC2 clan called IRAQ-GMRZ, and we have also players from far different contryis so different time zone but we always can mange the game and formation also planning in team speak before two days from match date, and we do good in ESL not much but good for new clan, we don't have many extreme players also high ping but the game become so excited we love it and at least don't feel boring cuz u play for a reson.

I don't know if i go too much excited but i like TPU name knowend not only as best hardware site but also in official games champoinchips, and i think gamepowerup.com will be rised too.

7. GullyFoyle

GullyFoyle

Thanks Received:
    New Battlefield Blog Post: Highlights of the Week, June 3

BY: Highwind55
    POSTED : Jun 04, 2011, 12:29AM

It’s been another great week for the Battlefield team, and we’re hard at work to get the final touches ready before we head to the LA Convention Center for the 2011 Electronic Entertainment Expo. But before we dive into the E3 fray, we wanted to make sure you’re brought up to speed on all the great news and information released this week, so without further ado, let’s get to it!

Karl Magnus Troedsson, General Manager of DICE, unveiled a great tidbit today about what we’ll be showing at E3, and rest assured, you’ll want to keep tabs on this one. “Following our Battlefield 3 announcement earlier this spring, a lot of you have asked us for more info on multiplayer. Well, wait no further – we will be showing both single player and multiplayer gameplay at E3! You can expect new trailers and screenshots as well as in-depth press previews hitting next week.”

That’s right! After months of curiosity, we’ll be lifting the veil on the multiplayer of Battlefield 3, answering many of your questions. For those of you who can’t wait until Tuesday for the show to start (not that we blame you), Spike TV will be airing a brand new episode of Gamechangers on Monday, June 6 at 3:30p ET / 12:30p PT, highlighting Battlefield 3 and the entire Electronic Arts lineup for E3. If you don’t subscribe to Spike TV, fear not – this broadcast will also be available on GameTrailers.com.

The real treat, however, arrives when Battlefield 3 goes on the air on UStream, directly from the E3 show floor. We’ll be hosting over four hours of programming, including all the news, gameplay footage, interviews, fan reactions, and Q&As you could want, straight from the Battlefield booth at the L.A. Convention Center. The Battlefield 3 Live Stream goes live on Tuesday, June 7 at 1:30p PT until 5p PT and can be available on the Battlefield UStream Channel, Battlefield.com, and the Battlefield Facebook page. Be sure to tune in and we’ll see you on Tuesday!

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 launched on the iPad this week, bringing fans a new way to jump onto the Battlefield while on the go. Our dashing pals at Gun Club have the full skinny – “If you’ve already played BC2 on iPhone or iPod touch, you’ll find the bigger display and HD-quality graphics on your iPad gives this version a wider view of the maps and reveal all the gritty details, too. Combine the visual impact with the 14 single player missions, the intense jungle, arctic, and desert environments, plus the hardcore firepower, and you might forget this totally immersive experience is all contained on a mobile device.” Battlefield: Bad Company 2 is now available for the iPad and an updated version is now available on the iPhone. Download your copy today!

The Pwnd crew stopped by to chat with the DICE crew about the upcoming Back to Karkand expansion pack for Battlefield 3, bringing some great insight and information about the history of the maps included in the bundle, and how they’re being upgraded for Battlefield 3.

EA PWNED #7 on Youtube

The folks from ArsTechnica wrote a fascinating feature on the classic Wake Island map included in the Back to Karkand expansion. Not only does the author discuss the various aspects of the map within the game, but it’s strategic and historic importance as well, adding a great deal of context to why this map resonates so well, and remains one of the most popular Battlefield maps to date. Be sure to visit ArsTechnica to read the full story (http://arstechnica.com/gaming/news/...tm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=rss )!

YouTube user FamilyJules7X posted a home-made rendition of the Battlefield and… well… it’s awesome. Take a look!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSYr4vTvXvE]Battlefield Guitar Medley on YouTube

A great, highly-stylized wallpaper came to our attention through DeviantArt, as user Seiikya brings some striking imagery from Battlefield: Bad Company 2, making for one of the more distinct BFBC2 backgrounds out there. Don’t take our word for it – see for yourself!

[​IMG]

Like what you see? You can download the full-sized wallpaper here.

DeviantArt user DeFFik created a custom Battlefield 3 image that we particularly enjoy. He uses a propaganda-inspired art style, incorporating a nice, clean design with some imposing Battlefield imagery. Enjoy!

[​IMG]

Thanks for tuning in and we’ll be back next week with even more Battlefield goodies for you to enjoy! Until then, if you have any questions, comments or suggestions, leave us a note in the comments section and we’ll respond as soon as possible.

8. GullyFoyle

GullyFoyle

Thanks Received:
    EA launches Origin, takes aim at Steam

by Don Reisinger

Electronic Arts is doubling down on the digital-gaming space with the launch of a new direct-to-consumer platform, called Origin.

Launching later today, Origin will allow gamers to purchase and download over 150 games directly to their PCs. So far, the content on the site is limited to games from EA "and its partners," the company said in a statement today. In the coming months, EA says that it will offer more games, including the highly anticipated Battlefield 3, FIFA 12, Madden NFL 12, and Mass Effect 3.

"Origin is a game service with two fundamental features," David DeMartini, senior vice president of Global Online at EA, said in a statement. "It's a download service for the very best content from EA and its partners. It also offers a social function which, over time, will connect a player's profile with friends lists and a cross-platform feed that shows what your friends are playing and where."

That social element comes through Origin's desktop application. After downloading it, users can connect with friends and find out what games others are playing. Users of the desktop app will also be able to download games to their PCs.

Origin, which will go live at 9 a.m. PT today, is EA's answer to Steam, a service that offers a wide selection of content. According to Steam's Web site, it now has more than 1,100 games available from a slew of developers for users to buy and play on a Mac or PC. Steam currently offers content from EA, including The Sims 3 and Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Vietnam, among others.

As of this writing, Steam has nearly 2.5 million concurrent users on its service. The service had more than 3 million concurrent users earlier this week.

EA's decision to jump into the direct-to-consumer market for PC games makes sense. Back in September, the NPD Group revealed that during the first six months of 2010, PC game downloads outstripped physical PC game sales by 3 million units. Moreover, digital downloads accounted for 43 percent of overall game revenue.

Going mobile
    But EA isn't planning to stop at just PC games. The company also said today that it will be offering Origin to mobile gamers, allowing them to play Scrabble, among other titles, from their devices. After it launches, Battlefield 3 will also be available through Origin's mobile offering.

"In the future, mobile gamers will also be able to see what games their friends are playing, as well as compare high scores and share what's fun," the company said in a statement discussing further mobile Origin features.

EA's Origin launch will likely be just one small part of a much broader strategy on the company's part to transition its operation away from the traditional packaged-goods model. Last month, EA CEO John Riccitiello said that his plans over the long-term involve making EA a digitally focused company.

"Over the coming years, we will transform EA from a packaged goods company to a fully integrated digital entertainment company," Riccitiello told investors during an earnings call last month. "We're transforming EA to a games-as-a-service model."

That strategy seems to be working. During its last fiscal year ended March 31, EA saw its digital-games revenue grow by 46 percent year over year to more than $800 million. The company is currently forecasting that revenue to grow once again to over $1 billion this fiscal year.

EA said today that exclusive content for its titles will be made available at Origin.com during the company's press conference that the E3 Expo on Monday.

What does it mean for BF3? Will BF3 be an Origin exclusive and not appear on Steam? (I already ordered it from Direct 2 Drive, so I doubt it). Will it get any exclusive Origin features?

9. Killer_Rubber_Ducky

Killer_Rubber_Ducky

Thanks Received:
    You know, I have hosted/rented BC2 servers before for TPU but no one played them. I agree with Kurgan*. I would love to have a clan but no one plays at the same time except for maybe a few off and on but never like 20+ and unlike the MIA clan (for example) we dont have over 1000 people.

10. Hayder_Master

Hayder_Master

Thanks Received:
    im my clan we have less than 30 players and we always ready for any challenge.

11. Wrigleyvillain

Wrigleyvillain PTFO or GTFO

Thanks Received:
    That's great man. I realize there's not much else to do in Iraq. I have a full time job and a full time girlfriend and a dog to take care of and dishes to do etc etc. Gaming is for casual entertainment only even if I had more time for it which I don't. If you already have a serious clan why do you care what we do or don't do?

12. MxPhenom 216

MxPhenom 216 Corsair Fanboy

Thanks Received:
  13. Killer_Rubber_Ducky

Killer_Rubber_Ducky

Thanks Received:
  14. GullyFoyle

GullyFoyle

Thanks Received:
    Planet Battlefield has several pages related to E3:

E3 Section with important dates and times:

E3 Live Stream page:

Wrigleyvillain says thanks.
  15. Hayder_Master

Hayder_Master

Thanks Received:
    me too have a job but there is always time for games i see many guys here reach rank 50 in BC2 and they are extreme players, and i like to mange clan with this guys under name of TPU.
    I don't care what u do but i care about good players they play for fun but what about more fun, u right i have clan but i love TPU clan too, so it's just an idea for guys for who want real gamming and i want to be part of it.

16. Killer_Rubber_Ducky

Killer_Rubber_Ducky

Thanks Received:
    Hey, id jump all over the clan thing if it went live.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2011
  17. GullyFoyle

GullyFoyle

Thanks Received:
    I picked a bad day (tomorrow) to return to work after several weeks sick leave. My internet access will most likely be borked.

I'm gonna need you folks to step up and serve your fellow BF3 fans. Keep in mind, alot of your TPU brothers here can't access gaming sites from work. Along side links, posting quoted info (cut and paste content) is appreciated by many!

Happy E3!

18. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    Will do man. Ill be out most of the day also. However when I get back Ill post what already hasnt been.

19. H82LUZ73

H82LUZ73

Thanks Received:
    E3 coverage is on Spike-tv today guys ...Just a heads up and set them dvr`s,Here is Spike link http://www.spike.com

20. shk021051

shk021051

Thanks Received:
    battlefield 3 can easily pummel call of duty :D
    do you know graphic on console like pc or not?

21. Killer_Rubber_Ducky

Killer_Rubber_Ducky

Thanks Received:
    can someone dvr it for me? I dont subscribe to spike

22. BondExtreme

Thanks Received:
    Dude just stream it online. lol
    GameTrailers
    GameSpot

23. caleb

Thanks Received:
  24. caleb