1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Battlefield 3 Clubhouse

Discussion in 'techPowerUp! Club Forum' started by TheMailMan78, Feb 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brandonwh64

brandonwh64 Addicted to Bacon and StarCrunches!!!

Thanks Received:
    Ok..... I have seriously though about changing my origin/BF3 name to Octomom?

Crunching for Team TPU
  2. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    I was gonna change mine to Casey Anthony.

3. brandonwh64

Thanks Received:
    Crunching for Team TPU
  4. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
  5. brandonwh64

Thanks Received:
    AHHH damn I got carried away, but atleast its funny.... or maybe not funny..... well no its quite horrible :(

*FIXED*

Changed from picture to link :)

Crunching for Team TPU
  6. Wrigleyvillain

Wrigleyvillain PTFO or GTFO

Thanks Received:
    But that's kind of the problem. The few times I have listened in I couldn't really tell who was who and the chatter didn't seem to follow the match, so to speak. Also, everyone on both teams is generally in the same channel which is kind of counter-productive.

And as for "real people" I think you guys know what I meant. As in, "in person" where you can pass me a beer or whatever.

Because I don't like my girlfriend being called a "ball and chain" nor mainly the insinuation that she controls my behavior to that degree. Most if not all of us know how the average woman can be.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2012
  7. brandonwh64

Thanks Received:
    Yes I know what you mean, My wife is the same way! I always wait til shes alseep or studying for college when I get on TS but that doesn't make me unsociable. She understands that sometimes I need my alone/stress release time and I do that in the form of video games. You make it like your too good for us and you want to tip toe around your G/F and make her the scapegoat.

Crunching for Team TPU
  8. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    Been married for 10+ years and have two daughters. Not saying this is your case but you gotta be able to tell em to f#$k off once in a while. If not you end up being a punk. Again I'm not saying you are in anyway. Just saying do what you want within reason. If she has a problem with something simple like "TS" then what happens when something serious goes down?

On a side note I have discovered there is a reset button at the end of the large intestine. Press on that real good and they will leave you alone for a least a week.

Yo_Wattup and brandonwh64 say thanks.
  9. brandonwh64

Thanks Received:
    One of the funniest BF3 videos I have seen this week

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2013
    Crunching for Team TPU
  10. Wrigleyvillain

Thanks Received:
    Yeah I hear you all...honestly though this is more about my experiences on TS and also the fact I just don't like voice chat for some reason more than anything regarding her.

I'll give it a shot again at some point and maybe even start liking to use it. I definitely do like the idea of the different team rooms for those that are actively playing on the same server. Seems to make a lot more sense though I see why others may be opposed as it changes the general dynamic.

11. crazyeyesreaper

crazyeyesreaper Chief Broken Rig

Thanks Received:
    well most of us stay in 1 channel simple because in the off chance you knife someone well they are right there in the channel so you can rub it in, its part of the competitiveness think of TS the way most on here us it, like Goldeneye 007 was back in the day with 4 ppl playing split screen TS3 kinda lets you do that but without the cheapass tactic of looking at other ppls screens haha.

12. yangwangbrock

yangwangbrock New Member

Thanks Received:
    Made me LOL'ed so hard. Definitely made my day!

13. Black Haru

Black Haru

Thanks Received:
    Agreed. There is nothing quite like calling out your target any getting the knife even after giving a warning.

14. crazyeyesreaper

Thanks Received:
    Battlelog loves me so to the point it now recognizes the 6 stages of Crazy's rage
    [​IMG]

Wrigleyvillain says thanks.
  15. mastrdrver

mastrdrver

Thanks Received:
    edit: So I was enjoying the symphony playing the 1942 and BF2 themes. I then went back and listened to the BF3 theme and realized it's not entirely new (like I thought). It's just a remix of 1942. I can't believe I just noticed that. :shadedshu

His entire channel is full of hilarious BF3 stuff. I think it is because of his laugh.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2013
  16. crazyeyesreaper

Thanks Received:
    I have now bugged out to 13 instances of me being logged in LOL
    [​IMG]

17. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    Maybe you should invite yourself to a party and invade a server.

18. boise49ers

boise49ers

Thanks Received:
    Looked like quite a TPU party going on with BF3 tonight. Counted 10 playing at one point.

19. Yo_Wattup New Member

Thanks Received:
    Got my first repair tool kill, yes you read right, not to a vehicle, but as you would with a knife, only much more embarrassing for the person on the other end. Tried a defib kill, but wouldnt work. :(

Also tried the DAO for the first time in a long while and got 40 kills in 2 games with it. (which is pretty epic for my standards). With increase mag capacity, It is a devastating weapon. Who needs USAS?

And got a new personal record of how long i can stay up in a chopper without crashing: 34 seconds. Beats my previous record by 10 whole seconds.

So its all happening here.

20. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    [​IMG] Between this and teabagging G8tor I had a great night.....oh and I got ufgy20 also.

1Kurgan1 says thanks.
  21. MT Alex

MT Alex

Thanks Received:
    I just sent Silentkiller122 a friend request.

22. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    Yeah, overall I agree. I think BF3 does have a bit of a sharper learning curve. I think the main factor in the games feeling different is just the map design. More hallways, less destruction. Also the harsher damage model, but I think if the maps were a bit more open and more buildings dropped I would enjoy it a bit more.

Yeah you got me good, I just hosed down 3 out of 4 in a Squad over by the road, then the Squad Medic ran out and started reviving them. So I turned back around and was dropping them and hiding to reload, got 3 of them again, was working on the last one when you jumped down behind me :p Thats what I get for being a Flag Attacker :laugh: I seen you slashing wildly after my tags in the river between D and C earlier that round.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2012
    ufgy20 says thanks.
  23. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    Honestly man I wasn't trying to stab you. I never read names when I play. If I see someone I can stab, I stab. If its a TPU member I feel bad afterwards........unless its G8tor lol. I must have stabbed MT Alex two or three times last night. Once I jumped out of a helicopter landed behind this dude like Rambo and shanked him. I was just about to brag how nasty I did this guy and that's when I noticed MT Alexs tags. Felt bad.

However I now have a higher stab per minute then Reayth which suprised me. Hell I got two melee ribbons last night alone.

1Kurgan1 says thanks.
  24. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    I must have just found you in the river with an empty clip, would explain why you were dodge, duck, dip dive, and dodging around. I just assumed you were going for my tags :p Was a good time last night though, lots playing, our team was down a bit, but gave me a good opportunity to wade through the corpses on the way to flags. Then I got switched to your team, didn't realize it for like half the match.

25. Wrigleyvillain

Thanks Received:
    Sorry to bring this shit up again but I missed this one yesterday and want to directly respond to it. Firstly, I do not understand how it's a good time to be on TS and thus talking out loud "when she is sleeping or studying" because doesn't the noise wake her up or bother her too much when she is trying to concentrate? Perhaps we have a much smaller place (no carpeting either to absorb any noise).

Also, I never intended to make it seem like I was "too good" or "above" you guys in any way. Granted, I am not as interested in the "social" aspect of the server but that is nothing at all personal. If such were the case I wouldn't be in the Platoon or join you for games whenever I can (despite not being on TS).

Yeah was a good "TPU night" last night. I actually even got a spot in a squad with Kurgan and Ufgy for a short time. :p Glad I didn't stick around for the pointy end of MM's shank tho.

1Kurgan1 says thanks.