1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Battlefield 3 Clubhouse

Discussion in 'techPowerUp! Club Forum' started by TheMailMan78, Feb 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cadaveca

cadaveca My name is Dave

Thanks Received:
    One word...Headphones. I don't use them myself, and I have a big house so things like that aren't an issue for me personally, although I have ZERO carpet in my house except for under my desk chair. :p

There was one horrible game last night, hacker came on, as mentioned in MTAlex's post that he friended him, that completely ended the server. He had the only kills on the server, over 100, before he left, but by that time the server was empty. Everyone stopped spawning right away, but many peopel kept coming in. Was awesome to see Haru, on the hacker's team, run him over with a ghost jeep!

2. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    I must have logged off just in time then.

3. cadaveca

cadaveca My name is Dave

Thanks Received:
    You did. :laugh: we continued on another server, was good fun, even though I personally had some horrible games after you left...I NEEDS ME MY MEDIC!!!

:laugh:

4. MT Alex

MT Alex

Thanks Received:
  5. Wrigleyvillain

Wrigleyvillain PTFO or GTFO

Thanks Received:
    Oh, dude, I use headphones. My Z-5500s haven't been used on my PC in years (though that is also as I have too many neighbors way too close by).

The rapid clacking on my mouse and keyboard gets to her as it is, imagine if she could also hear the game audio. Unfortunately my living room is 5 feet from my gaming room with a flimsy door. I have thought about soundproofing my walls and door but we are moving soon (likely to a smaller place as the market sucks rights now...sigh). But our present place floods in heavy rain and there are like 50 rambunctious kids on my block. Time to get the eff out.

6. cadaveca

cadaveca My name is Dave

Thanks Received:
    :laugh:

you need a better keyboard then.:laugh:

When erocker is on playing StarTrek, we hear his mouse alot, so I completely understand. My family could sleep if there was a train running thruogh our house every hour; not every can do that, unfortunately.

7. crazyeyesreaper

crazyeyesreaper Chief Broken Rig

Thanks Received:
    get her some sexy jeweled earplugs problem solved they look nice and she can't hear you game

8. TRIPTEX_CAN

TRIPTEX_CAN

Thanks Received:
    I used to have a problem with my wife complaining about the TS chatter and stuff like that until I moved my system as far from her "zones" in the house as possible. Now if she complains I say "shuddup woman I'm trying to kill shit... can't you be more like Rachel?"

9. cadaveca

cadaveca My name is Dave

Thanks Received:
    :roll:

:rockout:

Start leaving little "love notes" in her closet and drawers, send flowers to her work on random occasions for no reason, pop in to her work and take her out for lunch...and handle your other "manly" duties. Also, don't forget to feed your horse.

NO special recipie involved.

IF that fails, You can send her to my house for The Good Wife BF3 Boot Camp. We can discuss fees later.

:p

MT Alex says thanks.
  10. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    My office used to be a "Florida Room" so the door that leads to my bedroom is actually a outside door that's duel pane so its sound proofed. Its really nice. My office has two full walls that are windows that face woods. My wife never has to see me......I think shes happier just sliding me food through the door as I work all day and game at night. She gets my checks in the mail and..............holy shit I'm her work gimp!

crazyeyesreaper says thanks.
  11. cadaveca

cadaveca My name is Dave

Thanks Received:
    HA the troll hidden in the back room slaving away? Sounds right...

12. Wrigleyvillain

Thanks Received:
    lol well her hearing is way too damn good too it would seem as she claims to be able to even hear me sometimes over her own headphones when she is watching videos or a movie on her Fire. And the TV is otherwise always on too. I know she isn't making this shit up either because if she simply didn't want me gaming as much she'd say so (and does on occasion). She isn't sneaky and underhanded about shit, at least.

I am holding out (thin )hope that our new place has a better setup somehow accoustically-speaking. Should have more options now that I no longer have a 90 pound Rott but good free apartment pickings are looking kinda slim at present.

13. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    You guys all got it rough, the other halfs comp is just a few feet to the left of mine and she games about as much as I do. Sometimes she'll crack a joke about someone talking when I'm in any voice communication program, but not that often. I mostly am not in TS because it's too crowded and I get cut off when I talk (which is understandable given how many people are in there, but it still gets frustrating).

We even got to dance on the roof tops for a bit, I must admit, my dancing is a bit rusty though.

Wrigleyvillain says thanks.
  14. Wrigleyvillain

Thanks Received:
    Hah! Yeah I wish I had joined that ownage match earlier (as soon as I asked for SOFLAM I saw a marked heli for a double-kill). Though as to your comment about your SO...don't you have small kid(s) too? Maybe I'm mistaken there.

I need a house, man. Just don't want one in this town as I've spent enough of my life here already. None for rent either like in many other towns.

Mailman your setup sounds kick ass, by the way.

15. H82LUZ73

H82LUZ73

Thanks Received:
  16. cadaveca

cadaveca My name is Dave

Thanks Received:
    That's what he said in the server chat, that he didn't care if he was reported, as he already was on a replacement account. However, at the same time, there was a dude recording on the server(which is why I stayed on after every other TPU'er left), so perhaps this guy will get his comeupance.

17. Black Haru

Black Haru

Thanks Received:
    that was an awesome kill. he was standing at the top of a set of stairs too.

18. brandonwh64

brandonwh64 Addicted to Bacon and StarCrunches!!!

Thanks Received:
    Wrigley> I wont wake my wife up due to her being behind 3 walls in our bedroom also when she studies, its usually in the sun room which is behind 2 walls and french doors.

Crunching for Team TPU
  19. Wrigleyvillain

Thanks Received:
    Yeah...more space and less tile/hardwood between her and I is definitely the answer.

Hmm this is the first obvious hacker in some time.

Edit: Checking Craigslist again now and actually am finding some houses for rent for a change (and not just in the 'burbs) but the prices on all them just sound too good to be true meh. Scam radar is scanning....

Last edited: Apr 19, 2012
  20. boise49ers

boise49ers

Thanks Received:
    You must live in the Heart of Chicago eh ? I picked up that eh from
    listening to all the Canucks on TS :roll:

21. Wrigleyvillain

Thanks Received:
    Yeah. It kinda sucks.

22. boise49ers

boise49ers

Thanks Received:
    Trust me I lived in some of the worst ghetto's areas of the Bay Area. Hell's Angels for neighbors for 5 years. They had an old Victorian house with 5 apt's and the whole place was H.A.'s.They were noisy , but kept the other riff raff out of the Neighborhood. :roll:

23. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    Hell's Angels are good people. I have an Uncle that rode with them for years. Of course my father was good friends with a lot of the "Outlaws" crew so thanksgiving at my house got a lil' tense sometimes. I like bikers. Good people. Just don't F#$k with em.

24. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I hear they get along well with klansmen. :p

25. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    I wouldn't know....Yankee scum. :laugh: