1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Battlefield 3 Clubhouse

Discussion in 'techPowerUp! Club Forum' started by TheMailMan78, Feb 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    There is no better scum on the planet. I hope you're playing tonight.
  2. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    I sure hope to be.
  3. boise49ers

boise49ers

Thanks Received:
    Yeah I had a couple cousin's that were in the group. One burned the head of the Richmond Ca. chapter and ended up in the hospital for about 6 months. The other was running drugs from LA to Montana and was murdered in Montana by Thomas Creech who was doing hits for the Montana bikers group. Now the a-hole who killed my cousin is actually in Idaho 5 miles out of town from where I live on death row. They are like everybody else, there are good one and bad ones. Their life expectancy is pretty short. If the guns don't get yuh the drugs will.
  4. Wrigleyvillain

Wrigleyvillain PTFO or GTFO

Thanks Received:
    Yeah...I am just tired of the city in general mainly but that's not news. It is a giant though and there are plenty of nicer, greener, quieter 'hoods but they are far generally from our jobs and/or not near transpo if not totally overpriced with few rentals. If it was just me I might consider a 'burbs commute at this point.

And the "polite" exchange between erocker and MM was awesomesauce.
  5. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    TMM is an angel. Bless him.
  6. Wrigleyvillain

Thanks Received:
    Wheels Of Terror! Beep-Beep-Boink!

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2013
    Killer_Rubber_Ducky says thanks.
  7. Killer_Rubber_Ducky

Killer_Rubber_Ducky

Thanks Received:
    im on now
  8. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    Got a 3 1/2 year old son. Me and the fiancee work opposite shifts (though our hours off do overlay and some of our days do). So we aren't usually gaming at the same time. Just she does game a lot, so she is understanding about it.

And I can imagine how you feel. I use to live in the country, now I live in an 85,000 pop town, and thats nothing compared to Chicago, but this towns too much for me. Had my vehicles keyed/hit/broken into and other amazing things happen, I just don't like highly populated cities.

they just need to start coming up with better banning, ban by ip or something. It's just not enough to ban the account for just one game.
  9. cadaveca

cadaveca My name is Dave

Thanks Received:
    No doubt. That whole event just killed the server, and before he came, it was gonig pretty good, with some nice intense firefights. OH well.:D
  10. AlienIsGOD

AlienIsGOD

Thanks Received:
    Had a good round on Gulf of Oman, top vehicle score and I blew up one of the VTOL Jets with my tanks gun :D worth 450 points :D all in all a good round.
    Wrigleyvillain says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  11. Wrigleyvillain

Thanks Received:
    Worthless dickwads. Cause that's exactly what they get off on doing.
  12. boise49ers

boise49ers

Thanks Received:
    I've never figured that shit out. It is like the punks who come up with Virus's just to fawk up everyone computers ?
    They should be lined up and shot, or at least tortured for awhile. :shadedshu

So if this card is still available in 3 weeks I'm getting it, unless there is some miracle release from Nvidia which will beat this in performance/price range. Did some research and it overclocks beyond a 7970 and still stay cool.
    GIGABYTE GV-R795WF3-3GD Radeon HD 7950 3GB 384-bit...
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2012
  13. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    El_Mayo says thanks.
  14. brandonwh64

brandonwh64 Addicted to Bacon and StarCrunches!!!

Thanks Received:
    [YT]GovvXLDqY-8[/YT]
    Crunching for Team TPU
  15. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    Had a problem last night where I couldn't be killed. It was like I had a hack or something. They were just firing into me with every gun the had and I took zero damage. Then all of a sudden someone C4 me and I died. Only lasted a few seconds but still I was called a hacker. And from their perspective I would have done that same. Weird stuff. I hope it doesnt happen again.
  16. MT Alex

MT Alex

Thanks Received:
    I wouldn't worry about it. I'm pretty sure that's when crazyeyezreaper was rolling as Squad Chaplin.
  17. boise49ers

boise49ers

Thanks Received:
    So what you are saying is when the Chaplin is on your team you can't die :roll:
  18. Wrigleyvillain

Thanks Received:
    I saw you say you weren't a hacker in chat when I first joined but you were 9-9 so I was like wtf?

Good game of Rush (like my first, really) last night; like Kharg for that mode. But man they can be long. I ran out of steam (and nicotine) long before the end. Got knifed and called it a night.
  19. FierceRed

FierceRed New Member

Thanks Received:
    You know, I've always had this thought about BF3 and now hopefully I can get some closure on it now that Wrigley's comment made me remember:

Does anybody know exactly how the Knifing Mechanics work in this game???

A little background: I have over 500 knife kills. I'm not really asking out of ignorance, more out of frustration.

• Why exactly is it that I can walk up behind somebody, get a dogtag knife kill with the "F" key (currently bound to the side of my mouse, as it should be) and then suddenly enter an invisible 50/50 coin toss deciding if I'll come out of the animation armed with my Knife or with my Weapon?!
    • Why exactly is it that I can walk up behind somebody, get a dogtag knife kill with the "F" key and then suddenly enter an invisible lockdown mode where I can no longer get a knife kill with the "F" key without switching weapons at least twice?!
    • Why exactly is it that I can walk up behind somebody, get a dogtag knife kill with the "F" key, come out of the animation with my Knife armed, have my Knife arm raise onscreen when I approach another target from behind, yet Left Click refuses to do anything?!
    • Why when I bring the enemy close right before stabbing them, I don't have short-range VOIP in order to whisper "I'm Batman" into their ear before I make them an unknown soldier casualty!

As an intelligent adult gamer, I can understand even a little cooldown period for the knifing animations so that you can't just Alien vs Predator your way through a 4 man squad in 7 seconds. (Gods forbid BF becomes even more Modern Warfarish than it already is!) What I can't understand is the huge variability in what happens between getting a knife kill and what happens immediately afterward.

Inquiring minds must know!~
  20. brandonwh64

Thanks Received:
    The other issue you guys were having was my ghost jeep running you over like a BAWS HAHAHAHHAHA

I was in troll mode 2.0 last night!
    Crunching for Team TPU
  21. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    Answers in bold.

22. FierceRed

FierceRed New Member

Thanks Received:
    1. Right, so what's the sweet spot? Where on my enemy's anatomy is it? Doesn't a sweetspot change based on if my target is standing, crouching or prone and I'm approaching from 4 o'clock, 7 o'clock or in the case of a prone recon, 10 o'clockish? Does successfully using the sweet spot result in recovering holding a weapon, or the knife?
    2. That's just it, the cooldown period can be "skipped" (or at least I perceive it as a possibility) if immediately after I come out of the animation, I switch to pistol, then rifle, then try F again. If I do not switch weapons but instead stay hidden behind another oblivious target for an extended period of time - a commonality when the first victim was a squadmate spawning on my original target - the F key doesn't refresh and becomes active again on its own.
    3. Using this tool, I have confirmed in the past that my Sidewinder X6 keyboard suffers some mild ghosting (for example, if sprinting with Shift+W, I can hit R fine to reload - which I believe you need to not be sprinting to activate anyway but can resume sprinting once the reload has started - and yet I can't reload while moving forward in a crouch with Ctrl+W) but I fail to see how that would affect my mouse inputs. Is ghosting a system wide problem that affects Mice inputs as well? I thought it was only a keyboard limitation.
    4. Is there a record of it somewhere?! Can I read it?! Reayth sounds like a hoot! :laugh:
  23. brandonwh64

Thanks Received:
    More BFF!!!

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2013
    Crunching for Team TPU
  24. Wrigleyvillain

Thanks Received:
    Some jagoff went flying over a hill in a Humvee that I unfortunately happened to be standing on the other side of and got road killed. Have to admit it was probably hilarious to do or watch; the horn was beeping was he flew through the air and right on top of me. I respawned though and found him prone and was able to somehow knife swipe him 3 times (2 while prone myself) for the kill before he knew wtf was going on. Guess didn't "lock" as approached him from the side. No tags either in that case I guess.
  25. brandonwh64

Thanks Received:
    MM, dave, Phenom, and reayth were waiting for the chopper and I was Tking them with ghost jeep! SO FUNNY!
    Crunching for Team TPU