1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Battlefield 3 Clubhouse

Discussion in 'techPowerUp! Club Forum' started by TheMailMan78, Feb 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wrigleyvillain

Wrigleyvillain PTFO or GTFO

Thanks Received:
    What do you mean "ghost jeep" exactly?
  2. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    Oh dammit why did you ask........
  3. FierceRed

FierceRed New Member

Thanks Received:
    Any thoughts MailMan?
  4. TRIPTEX_CAN

TRIPTEX_CAN

Thanks Received:
    you have no idea how much I hate that. :shadedshu

Last night the most epic chopper theft ever took place at the hands of Dave. Playing on Caspian and traveling to Alpha in a tank we see the US chopper flying very low and already disabled. The chopper is attempting to make an emergency landing to repair. I yell over TS "dave chase that chopper don't kill it" I often ask people to do this but it never works. The chopper is now one small hill over from use and setting down... the gunner has bailed and gets kill before he hits the ground. The chopper sets down and the pilot is repairng... where is Dave? 20m from the target and closing fast. The pilot has not idea Dave is charging him on open ground. 10m... I can only watch from my position as I bailed from the tank too early and now I'm hopping and running like an asshole to catchup (tearing with joy and emotion) as dave gets even closer and he still hasnt take a shot on the pilot or chopper ( OMG DAVE IS GETTING CLOSE) 5m still no shot....... the pilot has now almost completely repaired the chopper and it's more than repaired to take the impact from a vehicle... 2m. 1m . SQUISH. Dave collides with the chopper having crucifed the pilot between his tank and the sweet sweet nectar of the AH-Viper. The pilot is dead... im now at the chopper and Dave and I proceed to buff the tank shaped dent out of our new toy... We're up "CHOPPER RAPE" as dave and I proceed to demonstrate why you shouldnt let Russians steal your Viper.... And then it happens "boom headshot" I'm dead and chopper is falling to the ground. Kill cam appears, WTF I was killed with a pistol? Another fucking hacker joined our server and is killing everything from anywhere with a single mouse click.

ALT-F4

What a waste. :p
    TheLaughingMan and MT Alex say thanks.
  5. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    1. Yes it changes. Just gotta figure it out as you go.
    2. Changing weapons resets the cooling.
    3. They are different. However I dunno how BF3 takes input. Its not like DICE codes perfectly.
    4. He writes them all the time in surveys. Hes our resident jack the ripper. More stabs then anyone on TPU AFAIK. But my stab per minute is higher so I hope to catch up.
  6. FierceRed

FierceRed New Member

Thanks Received:
    I know Punkbuster isn't perfect, and is often even laughable in its attempts, but was the server you were on using it?

I haven't encountered a (blatant?) cheat in my entire BF2/BC2/BF3 career. Tales like these are like ghost stories to me. Where you guys finding these people?!
  7. cadaveca

cadaveca My name is Dave

Thanks Received:
    Yes, Punkbuster was enabled. This is two nights in a row we have run into this, from different players, so clearly there is some sort of new hack. Again, dude was shooting once, killing the entire enemy team, racked up about 100 kills and noone else got any after he started cheating. Again I stayed in the server, not spawning, until the round was complete.

That chopper steal was so awesome, it's like he raged because of it.:laugh: I think that may have been the first time I ran someone over with the tank at full speed.:laugh:

Trip was all, "DON'T SHOOT THE CHOPPER!! SAVE IT!!". I didn't know what to do, figured i'd put hte tank betwee nthe chopper and dude, never figured I'd actually run him over.:laugh:
    TRIPTEX_CAN says thanks.
  8. Wrigleyvillain

Wrigleyvillain PTFO or GTFO

Thanks Received:
    Yes I certainly hope this "two nights in a row" is just a shitty coincidence. You gotta at least report their asses and if their stats are obvious like anyones using that hack should be then they will get wiped eventually at least. I have only run into such once so far and it was like 4 months ago now.

Did he proceed to kill more than you on your team with the hack? Makes me wonder if this wasn't the same guy Dave squished who was that pissed off (perhaps enabled Hack and reconnected; though I personally have no clue how "it's done" exactly). Or even just someone tired of getting raped by the stolen Viper. It's conceivable that some people only bust out their hacks discriminately and to settle their own petty scores for sure when they may lack the raw skill to do so most of the time on their own.
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2012
  9. MT Alex

MT Alex

Thanks Received:
    Yup, two hackers in two nights. I just ditched Silentkiller122 as a friend:laugh: He's not only a cheater, but a liar, as well. His comment in his profile overview laments the fact that he isn't a hacker:shadedshu

[​IMG]

Honestly, though, this is only the third blatant hacker I have seen in BF3. Usually I will defend damn near anyone, giving them the benefit of the doubt that they are perhaps just a stellar player. I'm the last to holler "hacker." Not these jerk offs, however.

It's also funny to watch the ding bats who just keep spawning, like they have no clue, when these guys are dealing out such obvious hacks. I mean, really, spawning 15+ times to get one shotted? For heaven's sake.

EDIT:
    I don't think so. It's obvious that these hackers have little regard for their player profiles, as exhibited by some of their eloquent posts in the chat box. I don't think anyone who wants to keep their soldier profile uses them for hacking.
    TRIPTEX_CAN says thanks.
  10. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Yeah, these asshats think they're doing everyone a favor by showing that BF3 can be exploited and isn't "safe". Honestly they won't ever be stopped. Some people's goal in life is to make others' lives more difficult. The best way to avoid this is to go to recognized servers that have active admins.
  11. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    I don't know what you are talking about.
  12. brandonwh64

brandonwh64 Addicted to Bacon and StarCrunches!!!

Thanks Received:
    [​IMG]
    Crunching for Team TPU
  13. MT Alex

MT Alex

Thanks Received:
    After the last few nights of hackers, it was refreshing to see a legitimate ass kicking score tonight. Trip cleaned up Grand Bazaar with what I believe was an M39. Ufgy was on this server, too, but since he went 0-9 his name doesn't show up on the list.

That last sentence may or may not be true.

[​IMG]
    TRIPTEX_CAN and 1Kurgan1 say thanks.
  14. MxPhenom 216

MxPhenom 216 Corsair Fanboy

Thanks Received:
    hacking *cough* triptex *cough*

15. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    I was sad once I quoted that to laugh at ufgy :(
  16. techguy31

Thanks Received:
    Hmm.. Why doesn't PunkBuster ban him? I thought that is why EA makes you or allows you to download PunkBuster.
  17. ufgy20

Thanks Received:
    Was going to post this yesterday but TPU was down. i thought it was cool my ranking on yesterdays date.. double win
    [​IMG]
    Wrigleyvillain says thanks.
  18. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    Think theres a new round of hacks out that PB hasn't caught onto yet. Hacks get updates just like PB does. I usually don't see many hackers, but other day I got killed at flag B on Kharg by an Engineer at flag E with a Repair Tool. To top it off, I was driving a T-90 at the time, he killed me right out of the T-90 and didn't even damage the tank I was in.
  19. ufgy20

Thanks Received:
    Got a nice short clip up for you guys. for those who haven't seen it enjoy.
    [yt]Ax7PuNqj-QE&list=UUtZcbt5vNKsx470_iNtKk7g&index=1&feature=plcp[/yt]
    Black Haru and MT Alex say thanks.
  20. H82LUZ73

H82LUZ73

Thanks Received:
    So true that right there.......:roll::roll::roll::roll::roll:

Now for some serious notes....I went online this morning password worked fine and dandy(one i setup 3 days ago)Well got tired went to a sleep,Wake up the password no longer worked.Try all my EA accounts guess what ALL not working.So I click forgot password,they sent a copy paste link,did that changed password(the one they were showing was 4 characters smaller then dumbshithaxers7.......Uhm my account got hijacked. well I .....Now everything is working with new password,All you guys here please change them ASAP,I think this Hack for Battle log is also highjacking passwords.

Just wait until you get killed by ammo-box lol ,Like you guys I never seen many hackers online,Just the last 3 or 4 days I have seen 5 of them.6 all together but that was before patch.All these guys do is stand in one spot and just keep shooting,weather it be med box,ammo box or my fav the torch.I forgot to mention they are also using the infamous COD speed run at 90 degrees hack.
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2013
  21. TRIPTEX_CAN

TRIPTEX_CAN

Thanks Received:
    Thanks Alex. We had a few fun rounds last night. I believe I was using the m39 silenced with the RU style 3.4x scope (my favorite scope in the game) and no foregip or bipod.

You revived me a few times that round but one time was so close to death I was passes the killcam and back to the squad deployment screen watching you run to my body.:toast:
  22. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
  23. Lionheart

Lionheart

Thanks Received:
  24. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    Apparently Dave needs me gunning. When we did a barrel roll him and I kept going......like BOSSES.
  25. H82LUZ73

H82LUZ73

Thanks Received:
    well there goes one myth for Fhrope to dismiss.....Too funny:roll::roll: damn nice one who ever was flying the jet.

Here is what most of the time my squad does[​IMG] damn rock pumpers .and always at the base too......