1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Battlefield 3 Clubhouse

Discussion in 'techPowerUp! Club Forum' started by TheMailMan78, Feb 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. boise49ers

boise49ers

Thanks Received:
    Has elitist written all over it, though I see where your coming from. Maybe start a 150/250
    group while we are at it so guys like me and speedbuggy and a few others don't totally
    get are ass handed to us everytime we play against a TPUer :D
  2. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    I was hoping not, I wasn't really looking for any of this discussion. Like I said I was hoping it would be me saying the DART was bugged, Dave saying the MASS was too, me saying I haven't tried that but I'll have to. And that being the end of it. But it was him saying the DART wasn't bugged, then saying the MASS is, then saying he calls the MASS the DART and that he's sarcastic, then saying the whole M26 is bugged, then saying he's not responding to me even though he's quoting me, then him saying I made fun of his play style. Too much drama for what could have been a simple discussion here, I'm honestly starting to get a headache here.

I haven't insulted Dave's play style anywhere like he says I have. I'm just trying to discuss the weapons themselves here.
  3. crazyeyesreaper

crazyeyesreaper Chief Broken Rig

Thanks Received:
    yea i look at it this way kurgan,

Mass isnt bugged, nor is the Dart. instead all other weapons are bugged, lol,

seriously the Range the Mass has non dart is lethal like it should be other shotguns should be the same, but then other weapons should be deadly to, just the way Dice has things balanced means no matter how much we bitch about it theirs always going to be another weapon that gets borked and is exploited, it always happens,
  4. boise49ers

boise49ers

Thanks Received:
    Well Kurg as long as both of you have been on TPU you should know Dave well enough to know he just likes a good subject to argue about and he doesn't really take it as serious as it might sound and he does like to stoke the conversations just to get a rise. Shit him and Crazy go back and forth all the time. You both made a lot of valid points, but like I said earlier Dice holds the cards and all the bickering once the fun runs out isn't gonna make a difference. Go play with the G3 underslung with the mass if you want to see something that is nuts, and fun as hell. I haven't done much more then the one match, but man is was insane.

Ain't that the truth ! Like I also said earlier, I get tired of having to relearn a gun I have spent hours getting used too. Drives me nuts.
  5. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    Lol yeah I seen someone else say that. And I do agree, if they made all the weapons in the game, that for sure is the kill range of a shotgun. But so many weapons are nerfed into this game (as you point out about RPM as such) that it makes them stand out.

As far as patching and a Flavor of the Month, thats the way any game goes, played MMO's for years, happens with every patch. The main weapon I use right now is the F2000, and there's at least 5 or 6 other Assault Rifles that are supposedly better, but I'm better with it than the rest, so I could careless about those stats. FotM is FotM, there always will be one, but bugs are something that can be eliminated, thats something I can hope for. And the fact that the M26 rounds are doing the damage of the gun they are attached to, rather than their own damage, thats a bug. If you don't have the G3A3, you might be rocking with the M26 underslung on something else, but you could be doing better.

Yeah I seen Dave do that, and he seemed fine on the topic yesterday. But today he's accusing me of critiquing his play style and actually seemed insulted, but I never had done that. I've tried oth the MASS and DART now with the G3, and it's fun for a bit, but I just find myself missing my Medpack. I might miss out on a few kills, but benefits my team and my playstyle more to have that anyways.
  6. cadaveca

cadaveca My name is Dave

Thanks Received:
    :laugh:

Sry 1kurgan1, like I said, it's nothing personal.

The whole discussion is pretty funny. I am in no way taking any of it seriously.

:roll:
    1Kurgan1 says thanks.
  7. Black Haru

Black Haru

Thanks Received:
    meh, I am enjoying using dart just to piss people off (although it is very good) it's great fun, but honestly not OP (I don't use g3 because I can't hit jack with it) I can do just as well if not better in virtually all situations with ak74m (my assault of choice) but getting a dozen dart kills on alex in a round is just too fun.

G8tr why u no include me! I want a higher spm!
  8. ChaoticG8R

Thanks Received:
    I'm not trying to be exclusive...the idea is to get a group of ppl together to push SPM together. Hence why everyone who is trying to "bash" me is just being a fucktard that didn't read my post.
  9. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    Sorry forgot to add stat padders also. Lots of teamwork there.
  10. boise49ers

boise49ers

Thanks Received:
    Man what's up with TPU'ers lately. Has everyone
    got so serious they can't take a little ribbing anymore.
    Is it the huge Moon ? So sorry :respect:
  11. MT Alex

MT Alex

Thanks Received:
    Say now! I'm pretty sure it was only ten or eleven, but it was hard to keep track:laugh:

You took the "Kill Me" trophy from Rad_Ed, his record was seven, if I remember right.
    Black Haru and Radical_Edward say thanks.
  12. ChaoticG8R

Thanks Received:
    I hope that everyone in California drowns.
  13. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    You mean my whole family??!?!
  14. boise49ers

boise49ers

Thanks Received:
    Well if you can wait until August I can
    be there and drown with them and my
    whole Idaho family will be there too. ;)
  15. ChaoticG8R

Thanks Received:
    Deal?:wtf:
  16. boise49ers

boise49ers

Thanks Received:
    :wtf:I am a little confused on what has you so pissed:wtf:
    I said I could see where you were coming
    from with your idea and threw out my own.
    Oh well :confused:
    Here is what I took from your post about it. You were asking for opinions I thought. I suck ass at the game,
    but come to have fun. When it isn't fun then I'll be done with it. Your idea would put me and others that don't dominate at an even
    worse disadvantage and make it not even worth getting on a server with the guys I game with. Can you even see that point of view ?
    3/4 of the time I can't even get on a TPU squad any way because I come in late and they are all filled, but I stick around a bit just to
    play and listen to all the crazy shit going on. If that is what you want to do go for it and I hope it works out for you. I'll just find others like I said
    that are closer to my playing ability and no harm done. Sorry if I or others pissed you off, but think about what negative responses you may get before
    forming it as a question and putting it out there for feedback. You may not like all the answers you get to your questions. Later G8tr !
    Last edited: May 7, 2012
  17. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    :toast: It's all good.

People were hating because the original post made it sound like the group you are looking for needs to be over 500 SPM as of right now. I think theres a few here that could be 500 SPM playes, but map selection and server size play such a big roll in SPM in BF3 it's a bit sad. You can pick out heavy Metro/Bazar players vs others, those maps are just so night and day difference, so much more healing, revives, and ammo to be given out because of tight knit groups of players, and far higher KPM on those maps too (also because of tight knit groups of players, and less traveling distance between flags). I normally play 32P Large maps, so people are not as common, not as grouped, and I get far less heal/revive points than if I camped a corner on 64P Metro. Me and Ufgy did a 2 week stretch of 48P Bazar and the numbers speak for themselves.

[​IMG]

Reds SPM Yellow is KPM, you can see my previous levels a bit on the left, then the 2 weeks I hit Grand Bazar 48P, SPM sky rocketed, and so did KPM. Then you can see it go completely flat as I returned to 32P Large maps again. I can't say for sure that would work for everyone here, but in general, there's maps that are just better for SPM, so it's a good bench mark (SPM), but has to be used within reason.

Beyond that, I would be up for something like that, but I work graveyards weekends when most people are playing, so wouldn't work out too much.

Thats it Idaho, you have just made the list.
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2013
    erocker says thanks.
  18. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I think some people need to get out of the house and fire off some real rounds down at the range or something. :ohwell:

Kurgan.. That's by far the best Steve Buscemi clip ever.
  19. Yo_Wattup New Member

Thanks Received:
    Why don't they just make all the weapons like real life I.e. yeah, machine guns and sniper rifles would be powerful as fuck, but they should also feel as big and bulky as they do in real life. Think about it, why can I change directions as fast with a 5ft long sniper rifle as I can with a pistol? And why is it so quick and easy to draw a lmg with 200 rounds that weighs a ton... if they incorporated more realism into the weapons, imo, it would be fairer. Mind you, its still a long way better than mw3 weapons.

That's my $0.02 anyway.
  20. boise49ers

boise49ers

Thanks Received:
    :roll:Damn it now I'm on 2 hit's lists:laugh:

I was telling my son that last weekend. I have 3 boxes of 7mm rounds.
    Time to go kill something.
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2013
  21. GullyFoyle

GullyFoyle

Thanks Received:
    Maintenance coming up on the 8th of May

By: zh1nt0 Posted: 2 hours ago

We will perform some backend maintenance tomorrow at 9am UTC to 10am UTC, and therefore online gameplay for PC will be down.
    Also, during this downtime we will also do maintenance on Battlelog which will affect log-ins there as well.

We expect this downtime to improve stability and online connectivity to the game.
    MT Alex and cadaveca say thanks.
  22. GullyFoyle

GullyFoyle

Thanks Received:
    cadaveca says thanks.
  23. cadaveca

cadaveca My name is Dave

Thanks Received:
    I agree. I find myself switching to pistol or knife when running, looking for extra run speed already.

Unfortunately, it doesn't work. :p
  24. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    But we jump like jack rabbits!
  25. cadaveca

cadaveca My name is Dave

Thanks Received:
    ...while blasting buckshot in all directions!!!

:rockout: