1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Battlefield 3 Clubhouse

Discussion in 'techPowerUp! Club Forum' started by TheMailMan78, Feb 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MT Alex

MT Alex

Thanks Received:
    Why wouldn't a Seasonic fit in there? And I'd rather have an X series over any other power supply out there. Damn, I've wanted one of those babies since they came out.
  2. cadaveca

cadaveca My name is Dave

Thanks Received:
    Yeah, a $100 PSU, you can't even install in the proper orientation even in your current case, because of the huge-ass fan grill sticking out from the PSU's surface. Ironically, this is also the same thing that would probably prevent you from using your "dream case".

Not that any of that is really your fault, I never noticed that in the pics either when we were talking about it before you bought it. WHat a weird thing to encounter in person, I bet, 1000% unexpected. Should just rip that crap off the PSU, and then there's no problem. :laugh:

But boards and VGAs are designed to deal with some ripple, ya' know?:laugh: Like 5%-10%?:laugh: Ain't really such a big deal once buying GOLD-rated PSUs.
  3. MT Alex

MT Alex

Thanks Received:
    Ah. Ninjaed.

I just looked at pics of it, again. I don't get what you fellers are saying. The rubber standoffs on any case should keep the grill off the case. The fan grill goes down, yes??
  4. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    See the small lip from the fan grill? Thats the issue.

[​IMG]

The grill pushes it up from the rubber rails so the screws wont line up in the back. Savvy?
  5. sneekypeet

sneekypeet Unpaid Babysitter Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    You guys were warned yesterday to stay on topic, this isn't it!
  6. MT Alex

MT Alex

Thanks Received:
    I still don't get it. Any case has standoffs to keep the grill off the bottom. The standoffs sit out towards the corners of the PSU, not by the grill. At least they do in any case I've owned. If not, move them. They are usually just sticky pads.

Bah. Anymore you sissies have Diablo rigs:p Now I get stuck playing with the crazy German guy.
  7. brandonwh64

brandonwh64 Addicted to Bacon and StarCrunches!!!

Thanks Received:
    We may get side tracked every once in a while but its not like we are talking about non tech related things. Also the clubhouse's have no post count so its not like we are posting to get more posts under our belt.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  8. sneekypeet

sneekypeet Unpaid Babysitter Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    And if you want to shoot the crap go to your teamspeak server or GN. This thread is for discussion of BF3 not lian li cases and surely not PSU issues for a case that he will never own!
  9. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    Why would I never own it? I think it would make the perfect BF3 case. Just trying to figure out how I could mount my PSU in that case so I can make the best BF3 case on TPU!
  10. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    Sir B. Fannybottom says thanks.
  11. brandonwh64

Thanks Received:
    Crunching for Team TPU
  12. Wrigleyvillain

Wrigleyvillain PTFO or GTFO

Thanks Received:
    So then it's ok to mention here what I had for lunch today?

A Royal With Cheese, Motherfucker!

Heh, after 11 days of relatively unfamiliar food it was definitely the most enjoyable meal from McDonalds ever.

And to Lionheart, fine you weren't complaining but then what was it and wtf are we supposed to do? At any rate, the personal insult was seriously unnecessary.
  13. Tatty_One

Tatty_One Senior Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Guess? :D
    Radical_Edward says thanks.
  14. cadaveca

cadaveca My name is Dave

Thanks Received:
    So mods are allowed to made snide remarks about members now? NO offense, but really? THat's the example that's to be set?

NOt arguing anything here, jsut want some clarification, since you only removed my posts. If SNeekypeet can make comments like that, then it's OK for me to as well, right? If he wasn't taking it to that perosnal level in the first place, there'd have been no issue.

Rules state:

15. kg4icg

kg4icg

Thanks Received:
    Seems people are going nutz, I guess it's BF3 bash time this weekend, with a current rank of 156 with a M60E4 trying to get to #1 with a lot of bullets.
  16. brandonwh64

Thanks Received:
    LOL its funny that you reported him and then only your posted get deleted.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  17. cadaveca

cadaveca My name is Dave

Thanks Received:
    Yes, interesting, that. Wasn't MY call.
  18. Tatty_One

Tatty_One Senior Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    If you really want to discuss it in public then I will keep it simple, he was not trying to be clever or publically disrespectful, had he have been then do you actually think I would have ignored it? If you do you don't know me very well, I am not for one minute saying I am disagreeing with what you said, I am disagreeing with "how" you said it.
  19. cadaveca

cadaveca My name is Dave

Thanks Received:
    Cool thanks, that's all. :toast:

Action without explanation leaves questions, and creates impressions about what went down you may have not considered. Moderators moderating outside of the sections they actually have any power in should be handled no differently than anyone else with an issue..they have an issue..report the post, and let the mods of that section deal with it. That's all I was saying.
    Last edited: May 17, 2012
    MT Alex and brandonwh64 say thanks.
  20. GullyFoyle

GullyFoyle

Thanks Received:
    Gamerzone.com - Battlefield 3 double XP weekend delayed on PC

Radical_Edward says thanks.
  21. Wrigleyvillain

Wrigleyvillain PTFO or GTFO

Thanks Received:
    Kick ass. That works for me! Was bummed at first when I thought I missed out on DXP. Will help me get some further Support unlocks.
  22. Radical_Edward

Radical_Edward

Thanks Received:
    I'll be on in a bit guys, need to tune this 5850 a bit more. I forgot what running one was like. :(
    Crunching for Team TPU
  23. Lionheart

Lionheart

Thanks Received:
    Omg:shadedshu I'm trolling.....and do you see me asking for help, no so you deserved the insult..
  24. boise49ers

boise49ers

Thanks Received:
    Fuck got the new card and been going thru shit just trying toi get it to work. The core clock is showing 750 on an OC version which is supposed to run at 965. Game goes to an orange screen.

Oop's had the old GPU-Z
    Last edited: May 18, 2012
    Killer_Rubber_Ducky says thanks.
  25. DannibusX

DannibusX

Thanks Received:
    Uhhh!! Wha...I can't...oh, I just, oh my God. Where is everybody? Oh God...I...I had a friend, who was Danforth. What, I had all these guys man. Back there I had all these fucking guys. Who were my friends. Cause back here there's nothing. Remember Danforth? He wore this black headband and I took one of those magic markers and I said to Feron, "Hey mail us to Las Vegas" cause we were always talking about Vegas, and this fucking car. This uh red '58 Chevy convertible, he was talking about this car, he said we were gonna cruise till the tires fall off ... We were in this bar in Saigon and this kid comes up, this kid carrying a shoe-shine box. And he says "Shine, please, shine!" I said no. He kept askin', yeah, and Joey said "Yeah." And I went to get a couple of beers, and the box was wired, and he opened up the box, fucking blew his body all over the place. And he's laying there, he's fucking screaming. There's pieces of him all over me, just...like this, and I'm tryin' to pull him off, you know, my friend that's all over me! I've got blood and everything and I'm tryin' to hold him together! I'm puttin'... the guy's fuckin' insides keep coming out! And nobody would help! Nobody would help! He's saying, sayin' "I wanna go home! I wanna go home!" He keeps calling my name! "I wanna go home, Johnny! I wanna drive my Chevy!" I said "With what? I can't find your fuckin' legs! I can't find your legs!"
    MT Alex says thanks.