1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Battlefield 3 Clubhouse

Discussion in 'techPowerUp! Club Forum' started by TheMailMan78, Feb 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    Would be interesting, but seems too much like a game of it's own since the vehicles would be drastically different.

2. Black Haru

Black Haru

Thanks Received:
    my understanding was that yes, knife was equip-able, but there was also a quick knife. takes two swipes to kill from the front, only one from the back (special animation, dog tags)

GullyFoyle says thanks.
  3. GullyFoyle

GullyFoyle

Thanks Received:
    Word from people that played the demo at E3 is they have both an equippable knife, and a melee key version. I consider it unconfirmed, but I have seen it written that it may take two hits with the melee knife to kill from the front, only one from the back. Equippable knife is a one hit kill, even from the front.

4. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    I don't think I have seen the hotkeyed one yet, but I would hope it's in. The equipable one is shown clear as day i nthe PS3 Demo on Jimmy Fallon's show.

5. Mindweaver

Mindweaver Moderato®™ Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I hope 2143 is a full game and not an addon... BF3 will hold me over until the next November for a 2143 game. I really liked 2142 and it's pod system.

Crunching for Team TPU
  6. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    Lets hope the next game isn't a year away. BC2 has already been out more than a year, will be a bit over a year and a half by the time BF3 lands, and I'm still enjoying the crap out of it. BF3 has so much more to enjoy, I'd at least like to see a good 2 years to enjoy the game, but 1.5 once again would probably be fine. Don't want to see them start putting this on a yearly installment plan like CoD.

TheMailMan78 says thanks.
  7. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    I don't wanna see another BF game for at least 3 years after BF3. Quality over quantity.

8. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    If modding was allowed I would be fine with 3 years, but since it'd doubtful, a bit less is fine with me.

9. TheLaughingMan

TheLaughingMan

Thanks Received:
    Yes. Watch the PS3 video and you can watch Jimmy Fallon switch to the knife.

10. Black Haru

Black Haru

Thanks Received:
    I would say 2-3 years for battlefield 4, but 1.5 years till bad company 3.

11. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    Would be interesting if they continued the BC series. I know a lot of people felt it wasn't the same. But I honestly felt it was just missing some features which are now being added in BF3. It wouldn't make a ton of sense to run 2 different series of the same title that take place in basically the same timeline.

12. Black Haru

Black Haru

Thanks Received:
    I thought they had already said they were continuing Bad Company... don't remember where, could be wrong.

the reason they would continue BC is the same reason they made it in the first place, a BF game developed and designed around the consoles.

13. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    I doubt they would make a specific game for consoles just because of the cost alone. They are doing a great job making the PC version stand out, while still allowing it to be made on console. But maybe with the next game the gap will get too large for the aging consoles?

14. Mindweaver

Thanks Received:
    I think there is enough difference in the two to keep both of them going. Kind of like BF2 and 2142. I played the hell out of both of those games during the same period of time. I'd like to see a 2143 game in a year and a big patch for bf3 at the same time. BF3 will be good but it will never be what BF1942 was with out mod support. I don't think any game will hold attention to a mas amount of people with new games coming out yearly. If they can branch out the series with a few devs then it will be good for everybody. But with out saying.. I'll just be happy with BF3 when it comes out. I just think a futuristic game on the new Frost bit engine would kickass too. :toast:

Crunching for Team TPU
  15. Wrigleyvillain

Wrigleyvillain PTFO or GTFO

Thanks Received:
    As far as I'm concerned it's way too large this time around.

16. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    BF and 2142 are about 150 years apart in timeline, the weapons, vehicles, and modes were far different. BF3 feels like a successor to BC2.

Thats what BF is all about. I remember play 1942 DC mod on El Alamein, if someone blew up my tank in the middle of the desert and I made it out, I would just commit suicide, it would have been like a 5+ min run on foot to anywhere. That map was so large, each flag was a little town of a few buildings. To this day that is my favorite map, was awesome.

17. Mindweaver

Thanks Received:
    I don't get your point? BF3 and a 2143 would be around 130 - 140 years apart... BF3 needs to be a successor to BF2 not BC2. I like BC2 but I don't like it as much as I liked BF2 when it came out. It doesn't have to be bf2143.. It could be bf9999.. I just want a future war game with the new engine as well. :toast:

I think you missed his point. I think he is saying it's to large for consoles as in content not map coverage. I think the console version will be a very watered down version.. If they truly give PC gamers what there hardware can handle. AND El Alamein was my favorite too with the DC mod! I still miss that mod very much. Every patch had more vehicles. I might have to go home and load that back on.. hehehe I think the last patch was 1.6 or 1.7 either way i still have both. :rockout:

Crunching for Team TPU
  18. digibucc

digibucc

Thanks Received:
    watered down in graphics, textures, effects, sound for sure - but not in "content"
    content is maps, guns, armor, etc.

Mindweaver says thanks.
  19. Mindweaver

Thanks Received:
    ^^ That.. thanks digibucc! That's what i meant. thanks! At least that's what i got from his post.. I could be wrong too...

digibucc says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  20. Wrigleyvillain

Thanks Received:
    Too large as in the console performance gap. I love the giant BF maps.

1Kurgan1 says thanks.
  21. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    My quote to your original one responded to everything but 2143, I thought you were talking about keeping the BC series and BF series going at the sametime as that was the post above what we were talking about.

I don't really take consoles into account since 99.99% of this clubhouse is playing on PC, it's a given they will be left out of a bunch of sweet things.

I think thats why I'm pretty sure it's not just a port this time with more polish.

Wrigleyvillain and Mindweaver say thanks.
  22. Mindweaver

Thanks Received:
    AWW :banghead: I see what you are saying now. Yea, I agree we don't need a BC and BF game at the same time. :toast: But a BF2143 would be great with the new engine. :cool:

Yea, I could never play BF on console and enjoy it as much as I do on PC.. I need keyboard and mouse... hehehe :toast:

Crunching for Team TPU
  23. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    Yeah I would like to see a 2143, with todays hardware, they could really do some amazing things.

Yeah, I played 1942 DC mod back when that came out, then I didn't really play a FPS for a few years till CoD4 came along. And I hated it, my friends told me about BC1, but it was only on console, but I picked it up anyways. And I really enjoyed it, even though it was only on console, it was far more fun than CoD4. When BC2 was announced for PC, I knew I was getting it, but I started in the PS3 Beta and enjoyed it a lot. Then the PC beta came along and I didn't like the map as much, but still had a ton of fun. But I also didn't notice a big jump up in graphics. Then I played at release on PC, and a while later I went over to a friends house who has it for PS3, and it was night and day. There no way I could play this gorgeous game on a console, it looks good compared to other console games, but PC vs Console is night and day.

digibucc says thanks.
  24. Wrigleyvillain

Thanks Received:
    Indeed-see my sig quote-though this time it's not mainly just that. Did you see my post about it running at 720P and the bare-minum 30 fps on consoles? You just can't expect such old hardware to drive such a game experience as this is going to be.

Note Kurgan you can still play El Alamein in the BF2 WW2 mod Forgotten Hope 2 but they're arent a lot of players (and it was part of the first now old release of N Africa Campaign maps) so it's especially difficult to find a good match on that map these days. Though there is a "coop" server where the enemy team is a shitload of bots and it's in the rotation there. AI is dumb as rocks though as you probably remember. Speaking of which, The Battle of The Bulge era and Eastern Front is about to come out, pretty stoked for that. It's a fantastic mod.

25. TRIPTEX_CAN

TRIPTEX_CAN

Thanks Received:
    I'd love to play 2143 with the new tech. I miss the future weapons and TITAN gameplay. 2142 was all about cool gadgets while still blowing shit up BF style.