1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Battlefield 3 Clubhouse

Discussion in 'techPowerUp! Club Forum' started by TheMailMan78, Feb 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    You are crazy. Every new COD that comes out breaks it's previous record, BC2 sold great BF3 sold way better, Premium has sold great (to give an idea, premium sold about as much as Max Payne an actual standalone game, and it's only $10 less, so it's made about the same amount of money). FPS and MMO's are the 2 genre's that have really gone up in sales numbers over the last few years.

You're thinking of the wrong guy, I quote him as saying "?". thats what he says in Say All if he stabs you, almost everytime. Then when I stab him I return with the samething, but maybe his hate for me is greater than others :p

You get a thanks just for mentioning an epic map that most people here seem to have never played on. :rockout:
  2. cadaveca

cadaveca My name is Dave

Thanks Received:
    Close Quarters changed the game too, and I didn't like it. Armoured Kill better change it back!
  3. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Banstick Dummy

Thanks Received:
    I dont mind it. Its brought up my score per minute but other then that I'm not feeling it. I had way more fun the other night when we all went to Firestorm with you, Reayth, Phenom and Erocker. I felt more in "control" for a lack of a better word. Maybe I'm just getting older.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 7, 2012
    MxPhenom 216 says thanks.
  4. cadaveca

cadaveca My name is Dave

Thanks Received:
    Well, I gotta give all you guys credit, because i tend to have fun with ya all, no matter what mode we are playing. But your commetn about control...could not be more accurate as to how I feel about it too. I feel like I should have the M249 or PKP, and just hold down the trigger the entire round. :laugh:
  5. Wrigleyvillain

Wrigleyvillain PTFO or GTFO

Thanks Received:
    Uh I am going to need you to elaborate...

Well I am pretty sure it's when I end up doing that that it results in just holding the knife out in my hand like I'm on Iron Chef.

In other news, I can finally turn my PC back on at home and thus play. Eff everything about this heat lately.
  6. boise49ers

boise49ers

Thanks Received:
    Yeah that was nicely done :D I stayed up way to late though so I could get ranked up:wtf:
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 7, 2012
  7. MxPhenom 216

MxPhenom 216 Corsair Fanboy

Thanks Received:
    haha. im about to jump on here in a bit
  8. boise49ers

boise49ers

Thanks Received:
    I have to work on my Jeep. Maybe later !
  9. MxPhenom 216

Thanks Received:
    alright I have till 3 my time so.
  10. Wastedslayer

Wastedslayer

Thanks Received:
    Do you guys have a particular server you play on? Wouldnt mind joining up with some TPU guys
  11. MxPhenom 216

Thanks Received:
    No not really. Just join the Teamspeak server in the evenings and we should be playing so.
  12. cadaveca

cadaveca My name is Dave

Thanks Received:
    No normal server, we usually meet up on Digibucc's TS, and then join together whatever looks good. SOmetimes that means we switch servers right away. :p

Please do join us though!
  13. Wastedslayer

Wastedslayer

Thanks Received:
    Alright applied for the rejects installed TS and connected to the server so its all setup. Ill jump on later and see whose playing
    cadaveca says thanks.
  14. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I want to make it known to some of you that if there is a member posting nonsense/trolling/etc. in a thread to use the report button. Don't bother responding to them. It makes my job harder, plus you might land in trouble as well. While I do appreciate some of you trying to do the right thing and letting them know how to behave, myself and the rest of the moderators would prefer you just reporting the post.

Thanks much.
  15. boise49ers

boise49ers

Thanks Received:
    You have been busy erocker ;) I notice a few posts disappeared along with a member.
    Sorry if we caused you problems. I'll try and stay on topic as well.
  16. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Banstick Dummy

Thanks Received:
    You got it boss man. :toast: I just hate to report people but the message is loud and clear.
  17. Wrigleyvillain

Thanks Received:
    [​IMG]

Heh, I like the top left corner too.
  18. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    Wishing they changed up Stingers in some way or made the Air game a little bit different. I find myself (if there are excellent pilots on the other team), just completely playing the ground game and not ever looking in the skies because there just isn't anything you can do unless you also are an excellent pilot. Stinger lock onto an Apache, flare, lock on again, flare, lock on again, under the radar. Jet can't usually even get a lock unless I bump the DPI up and try to track them as they fly by. But if I do lock and fire it's flared and now they are too far to lock onto again and they most likely just fly off the map to reset the flares cooldown.

Watching them fly around up there, it just almost feels like we aren't playing the same game. Would be nice to see infantry at least be able to hit them sometimes, only Stinger kills I get are either against bad Littlebird Pilots or Bad Transport Pilots (people who don't know that under the radar is too good). And only reason I get them is because they can't double flare like an Apache and they aren't wise enough to use under the radar.
  19. Wrigleyvillain

Thanks Received:
    Double-flare? Apache's can deploy them more often, then?
  20. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    Pilot and Gunner both have flares, or can. I use to run Jav's all the time as an engineer since laser painting was great. But now that Tanks can smoke back to back javelin's, seems almost everyone has stopped using them and started using RPG's. So Heli's don't need to run ECM as much since Jav's aren't much of a threat anymore. So most of the time the pilot and gunner seem to both run flares.
    Wrigleyvillain says thanks.
  21. Wrigleyvillain

Thanks Received:
    Well immediately after reading this I managed a Stinger double kill on an Apache. Think I may have caught them right after they had blown em.
  22. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    Even if they did, when you start locking on if they drop down close to the ground you can't lock on at all. But odds are it was just 2 people flying around vs 2 guys that know each other and alternate flares. Sometimes I do get Apache kills on groups like that, either nose gunner doesn't run flares, or they both use them at the sametime. It makes me happy to get the 2 kills, but since they are usually not so great taking them out of the air impacts the game very little. But now you need to try and use those stingers on jets, thats even better :mad:
  23. Killer_Rubber_Ducky

Killer_Rubber_Ducky

Thanks Received:
    Imagine if they combined the environment of Metro 2033 with Battlefield. A whole bunch of subway tunnels with creepy places and such. Radioactive areas where you would take damage for staying too long without a HAZMAT suit on. The lighting etc. People would definitely stick with squads when going down the tunnels. ^_^
  24. Wrigleyvillain

Thanks Received:
    That sounds like a mod we would already have were there tools released.
  25. ufgy20

Thanks Received:
    First few moments were great then it got boring. but i thought this was funny

[yt]SBButlRsxTI&feature=relmfu[/yt]