1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Battlefield 3 Clubhouse

Discussion in 'techPowerUp! Club Forum' started by TheMailMan78, Feb 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cmaxvt

cmaxvt

Thanks Received:
    Yeah I have some work to do as far as learning the game. I spent the majority of my time trying to get this comm/spot thing settled. I guess I am going to avoid recon until it happens. I'll assume there is a BF3 TPU Teamspeak?

2. cadaveca

cadaveca My name is Dave

Thanks Received:
    Yes.

ts21.gamservers.com:9207

Not an official TPU server, really, but it's just TPU'ers usually. We could always use a few more players, please do join us!!

3. cmaxvt

cmaxvt

Thanks Received:
    I'll only play with you if you upgrade to the 670 so your fps are better!

No really tho.. how can you guys play these games at like 60 fps? I gave up on FPS for years because of my CRT monitor dying.. bought a 19" widescreen LCD.. couldn't play FPS games without cringing.

Got a 120 hz... playing FPS again :D

4. cadaveca

cadaveca My name is Dave

Thanks Received:
    Myself and others that frequent the TS have noticed that BF3 really does seem to be FPS-sensitive when it comes to accuracy. I actually play best now with three cards, and v-sync enabled.

But then, I'm not a guy that wins based on kills...I'm much more focused on team-based bonuses like heals, revives, and capturing points, beucase really, I kinda suck. :p

5. cmaxvt

cmaxvt

Thanks Received:
    oh I see, there's an x3 next to that 6950.. haha.

As a diehard, really picky long time FPS gamer... You have to turn off Vsync. It will absolutely ruin your ability to aim. Turn it off, and see how fast your mouse responds to your input. With it on.. your mouse should feel like you're moving through mud. With it off, you should feel MUCH faster (altho probably some tearing). If you have the ability to upgrade to 120 hz do it IMMEDIATELY... esp with the tri card setup, you will have 120 hz constantly and .. well, and you will pwn newbs ;)

You'd be surprised how HUGE of a difference having correct hardware makes you better at aiming on shooters.

6. cmaxvt

cmaxvt

Thanks Received:
    I'm also just realizing you're running 3x IPS Dells which I'm sure is gorgeous =P I also guarantee you'd play significantly better at a legit refresh rate.

7. cmaxvt

cmaxvt

Thanks Received:
    How come every time I get into a conversation with someone here I realize they spend way more money on their computer than I do? :confused:

Either way maybe I'll hop in TS tonight and blow up some fools with you guys =P

8. brandonwh64

brandonwh64 Addicted to Bacon and StarCrunches!!!

Thanks Received:
    I know this is a club house but please stop double and triple posting. use the edit button if you need to add more details.

Thanks

Crunching for Team TPU
  9. cmaxvt

cmaxvt

Thanks Received:
    Remember that one time I did that? :( My bad bud.

10. brandonwh64

brandonwh64 Addicted to Bacon and StarCrunches!!!

Thanks Received:
    The reason I wanted to let you know is that we do enough around the clubhouse already that has gotten us shut down before so we don't need more riff raff LOL

Crunching for Team TPU
  11. cmaxvt

cmaxvt

Thanks Received:
    That's quite alright. I am precisely that kind of riff raff that shuts things down. ... So BF3? Pretty fun right? Anyone able to disable Comm Rose yet? (<-- back on Topic, booya)

12. cadaveca

cadaveca My name is Dave

Thanks Received:
    I did not pay for most of my rig, so don't get the wrong idea about that one!

But yeah, my PCs are a bit..well..overkill? :laugh: 3 cards, three monitors, and some BF3 sounds good right? :cool:

:nutkick:

Such silly purchases...

:banghead:

13. cmaxvt

cmaxvt

Thanks Received:
    I see absolutely nothing wrong with it. Whole point of playin video games is to enjoy em, if that helps you enjoy em then good :)

However, I think you would be good to attempt the 120 hz thing.. I'm not sure if you ever played shooters back in the CRT days (most likely you have).. the difference is huge. At least turn off vsync and tell me that your mouse feels MUCH more responsive. If you cant' sense that increase in mouse responsiveness then maybe 120 hz doesn't matter and you should stick to healing :D

14. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    I dunno man. I do pretty good with my system and its not even as nice as yours.

15. cmaxvt

cmaxvt

Thanks Received:
    It's like the exact same as mine except the 560>670 ;)

I don't doubt that you do well. I only doubt that you wouldn't do better if you were playing at 100+ frames!

Doubt that you would not do better had not you had not your.. monitor..? :confused:

Seriously though.. the difference between 60frames and 120frames is.. the difference between 30 frames and 60 frames. If that makes sense =P

16. boise49ers

boise49ers

Thanks Received:
    Not sure just habit from the old days I guess with less resoultion.
    Is
    this
    better
    :roll:

Not to take away from your knowledge at all, but caDaveca is a tester for TPU ! His is the man with the answers. Just so yuh know. I have been thinking hard about going to 120 htz, but have to get my summer Vacation out of the way before I can start saving for more toy's. A nice long line just for you Alex:D
    Take it back just did some pricing. I'm not good enough at any game to justify that kind of money ! My LG says it is running at 75HZ so I'll stick with that.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2012
  17. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    I like the shorter lines personally. It really fucks with me when I type like a 5 - 6 sentence paragraph and it looks massive in the message box, so I space it and start a new paragraph. Then I post it and it's like 2 lines long and I have what looks like a bunch of tiny paragraphs.

18. Sir B. Fannybottom

Sir B. Fannybottom

Thanks Received:
    heh, silly cat.
    [​IMG]

19. Wrigleyvillain

Wrigleyvillain PTFO or GTFO

Thanks Received:
    Gah what fail...I let Kevin beat me.

Sir B. Fannybottom says thanks.
  20. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    Cats good, look on his face is priceless, but what got me is that peeking horse blanket in the background, just enough of it's face showing to make me think of.

[​IMG]

Sir B. Fannybottom says thanks.
  21. cmaxvt

cmaxvt

Thanks Received:
    Haha I know he is. I was just yankin his chain. I do, however, think that playing at 60 FPS is a travesty.. but it really depends on how sensitive you are to that stuff. Personally, I can't stand it... especially vsync, it just makes it impossible to aim.

22. ZenZimZaliben

ZenZimZaliben

Thanks Received:
    I mapped mine to the "interact/use" button.

23. cmaxvt

cmaxvt

Thanks Received:
    That's interesting. Mine is R.. it hasn't made you jump into a vehicle or something at some point? heh. I can try that.. spot would be so perfect tho.

24. Wrigleyvillain

Wrigleyvillain PTFO or GTFO

Thanks Received:
    Does he mean the old bug where you can't properly/fully remap spot/commorose? If so, there is a fix (checkbox) for it in the settings utility from Realmware, IIRC. Or perhaps this was finally fixed by patch too I am not sure.

That one was a bitch at first for me; had to use Autokey to switch them.

25. cmaxvt

cmaxvt

Thanks Received:
    Nah not that issue. That is fixed in the BF3 config editor.

My issue is I want to bind my "Steady Scope" to my "Spot" key but if I hold it down it brings up the Comm Rose. Because I am so picky about my button selection.. I can't find a comfortable button for Steady Scope aside from Spot.. and I want them bound without the comm rose popping up.