1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Battlefield 3 Clubhouse

Discussion in 'techPowerUp! Club Forum' started by TheMailMan78, Feb 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Thread has been cleaned of the last few pages of rubbish. Some of you need to go back and read the posting guidelines here: http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/announcement.php?f=14

If you fail to follow them, there will be no warnings as you are expected to post in a helpful and civil manner. There are a few of you who have made trouble in this thread in the past that we will be keeping an eye on. You have the privilege to have this thread and use it for something good. Do not abuse this or you will not be posting here anymore.

The topic of this clubhouse is Battlefield 3 and that is the way it will remain, no exceptions.

-erocker
  2. boise49ers

boise49ers

Thanks Received:
    Thank you for reopening it Erocker ! I myself didn't really get hit by the fact the whole thread
    could come to a screeching halt until now. Again Thanks and the BF3 gang has to be just as thankful.
    I really like that Death Valley map. No blaring sun and nice rugged land and places to get good shots off.
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2012
  3. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    Death Valley seemed good as did Armored Shield. Bandar isn't too bad either, Alborz though, so much run time and hills, looks amazing, got some amazing screenshots, but it's a very vertical map. I really hope they allow larger servers though, I've ran across a few times where it's a few minutes till I even run across another player to shoot at.
  4. Radical_Edward

Radical_Edward

Thanks Received:
    Great times with the new Armour Kill maps guys.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  5. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    I hate to say this, but there seems to be no Recon. So many vehicles out on the battlefield, I would love to see some Laser Designation, but only had it happen once. And the one time I seen it happen, I was tearing choppers apart since they now can't run flares and ecm jammer, so they almost all run flares, so that designation lands on them, they are toast. Hopefully this trend changes.
  6. boise49ers

boise49ers

Thanks Received:
    Good point. Lets try that this weekend. Tons of places to hide to do it too. I was doing it out of a tank tonight and my team didn't use the guided shells.
    I'm gonna practice a little now. I'll be on Death Valley for about another hour. I hate to try and snipe but have one gun I want to check out.

Tried it , but no one shot at them when I designated them. Not a horrible round as
    far as my stats go, but that help would of really helped me out. These maps are crazy huge.
    Like Battlefield 1942. Man I remember spending hours on that game and thinking it was incredible.
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2012
  7. GLD

GLD

Thanks Received:
    AK sounds good. Hopefully the QC grunts will have moved along by the time it becomes available for the LTD buyers/players that don't want to spend $ twice on x-paks they already bought.

Premium should be $10 less for LTD buyers. :shadedshu
  8. caleb

Thanks Received:
    I hear that there is no laser painter in the small helo ? no second attack helo ?
    PS. Yes I refuse to buy premium bullshit
  9. H82LUZ73

H82LUZ73

Thanks Received:
    My only complaint is a few bugs that has happened to me,
    1,You exit tank destroyer with Jav in hand you loose your lock on screen it is making the lock sound yet no display.Fix it by switching weapons quickly or yo will end up cannon bait.
    2,the mobile rocket arty is off a few degrees for aiming,Also find it clunky to use .Hard to get kills with it,If you get close enough to the battle over the gunship cap,chances are you get killed before you park it .
    3,You get the gunship by capping the on flag with the icon beside it.Well in Rush you get by taking out the mcom,Sadly if you see one of the teammates just hanging back in spawn they get it too.Pain in the ass i think it should go the guys doing the work not some lazy butt head who just wants kills.

Those are my big gripes right now about the AK add on.I also would recommend the Soc server for it,Tim runs a tight ship.Finally got to use all the new amour tanks in game last night.

Also watch for bad servers that claim they are legit,got on a few yesterday that had the admins hog the gunship and tanks would spawn for them.

Tip for taking out gunship the PANTSIR-S1 and the CENTURION C-RAM (the stationary guns for AA) will bring it down very quickly and effectively.
  10. boise49ers

boise49ers

Thanks Received:
    That Mobile Rocket launcher has horrible splash damage. I was getting rained on by rockets all over Death Valley last night and was hardly taking damage. If that doesn't change I won't even use it. It is to easy to destroy to even think about getting in that slow moving RPG magnet.
  11. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    The problem with painting them is the maps are huge. the painter maybe covers 1/5th of the map. So setting it in a good place, like on the 3 beach flags on Bandar would probably be an ideal spot as choppers love to just rape that beach, and infantry is usually down there capping.
  12. Wrigleyvillain

Wrigleyvillain PTFO or GTFO

Thanks Received:
    Oh, good. We're back. Apologies for my part in this bs.

Yeah I haven't played long enough to really know what map is what yet besides Bandar but I love them all. Nicely laid out and beautiful to look at too. Though I really expected more vehicles available at one time, wtf? At least in TS mode. Running around as INF in that mode is exhilarating. Got an easy repair tool destroy and kill as dude just was not expecting it.

Speaking of Jav issues, the targeting laser (or whatever it is) still jumps all over the damn place when there are multiple enemy vehicles in my FOV.
  13. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    Normally I hate maps with instant spawn vehicles, but these maps it works well for since they are so large. I suggest trying a server with that set Wrigley. There's just so much ground to cover, losing vehicles makes lots of people go on foot.

But even without that, there is a lot of tanks, you just might not get one. Most new maps it seems at least 4 tanks spawn in the main base, then many of the forward bases have 2 tanks. And there's a good amount of Jeeps and Wheelers as well.
  14. MxPhenom 216

MxPhenom 216 Corsair Fanboy

Thanks Received:
    Good for you :rolleyes:
  15. crazyeyesreaper

crazyeyesreaper Chief Broken Rig

Thanks Received:
    i wish to buy it but im poor lol
    oh well back to dealing with family bullshit and watching shitty day time television.
  16. MxPhenom 216

Thanks Received:
    If you pay me back when you have the cash. Ill send $15 to your paypal today for AK.
  17. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Banstick Dummy

Thanks Received:
    Don't forget to vote for Obama!

I hear hes an epic BF3 player!
    MT Alex says thanks.
  18. MxPhenom 216

Thanks Received:
    Please don't bring politics into a BATTLEFIELD 3 THREAD!! :banghead:
  19. TheMailMan78

Thanks Received:
    Battlefield 3: Hope and Hacking I can believe in.
  20. Wrigleyvillain

Wrigleyvillain PTFO or GTFO

Thanks Received:
    Yeah come to think of it these weren't IVS servers which is funny because they seem so prevalent generally and can really ruin the balance on many other maps (except perhaps Firestorm). Good tip that I should have thought of myself.

I'd kick down too for Crazy's premium, btw. Though I know he is not looking for any handouts.
  21. TheMailMan78

Thanks Received:
    You kidding?! Crazyeyes is the KING of handouts! He will take BF3 Premium all over his face and chest if he can get it for free. :laugh:
    Sir B. Fannybottom and 1Kurgan1 say thanks.
  22. boise49ers

boise49ers

Thanks Received:

Seriously ? You did read what erocker posted right ? If they close this thing down for good there are gonna be a lot of pissed off people. :mad:
  23. GLD

GLD

Thanks Received:
    Dang it, I just won a copy of BF3 from Sapphire Sellect Club. I wish it was BF3 Premium. :banghead:

What to do with this copy...?
  24. MT Alex

MT Alex

Thanks Received:
    Yup, I was ready, too, then I remembered he doesn't use PayPal:banghead:
    Too bad.

'Cause you love 'im - just like you love to camp in a tank like your W key doesn't work:laugh:
    Sir B. Fannybottom says thanks.
  25. boise49ers

boise49ers

Thanks Received:
    Give it to me :roll::roll::roll: