1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Battlefield 3 Clubhouse

Discussion in 'techPowerUp! Club Forum' started by TheMailMan78, Feb 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cadaveca

cadaveca My name is Dave

Thanks Received:
    I'm undecided on the maps. I need to learn them a bit better. WHat I do like is the ability to go nearly anywhere on the maps, freely, and it seems they've used the flags to create bottlenecks of action.

However, I was playing Tank Superiority, or whatever it's called, and 3/4's of the 64 palyers were off on one corner of the map battling, while the remaining 25%, myself included, were playing with capping the flag. Unfortuantely for hte other team, that 25% that remained on the flag was like 20% from my team.

2. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    I just like how the map looks. Reminds me of MoH maps which were VERY cool.

3. MxPhenom 216

MxPhenom 216 Corsair Fanboy

Thanks Received:
    ^Agreed. MoH was much better game then everyone made it out to be.

Killer_Rubber_Ducky says thanks.
  4. boise49ers

boise49ers

Thanks Received:
    X2 ! I have started playing the campaign again on my Laptop.
    These maps are like huge versions of those on-line maps. :)

5. Wrigleyvillain

Wrigleyvillain PTFO or GTFO

Thanks Received:
    Does it really take 8 TD shots to destroy armor? Even hitting the strongest part that seems a bit much. If it is the case, will definitely be buffed, I'd say.

I also agree it could use a few more players but then definitely needs more vehicles too. Too many people running around and waiting at spawn as it is. Also more often than not when I did get a tank I would leave base full of passengers.

6. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I'm pretty sure I destroyed a tank (two shots in the rear, two on the side) in 4 shots with the tank destroyer.

7. Wrigleyvillain

Thanks Received:
    Yeah it may take quite a few head-on not hitting the turret or treads but I wouldn't think as many as 8.

Man I bet this looks sweet at your resolution.

8. AlienIsGOD

AlienIsGOD

Thanks Received:
    just finished my first round of TS and it was a blast :D We were down by over 100 tickets and 1 point and ended up winning with a score of 1 - 0 :p 4 unlocks too. I like the snow map myself but it feels like ur driving forever to get to the cap points.

Crunching for Team TPU
  9. cadaveca

cadaveca My name is Dave

Thanks Received:
    Yes, I have as well. 2 directly to the rear, first disabled, second had it on fire, third did some more damage(might have hit a soldier instead), and the fourth killed it.

10. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    I like looking at it, reminds me on running around in Skyrim, looks really amazing running FXAA injector and very small color tweaks. But the vertical layout, the team that starts down by the lake kinda gets screwed. The flags are far apart, and they got to fight up from low ground, seen a ton of people walking since didn't seem like enough vehicles.

For sure, said that right away yesterday. Right now theres so many tanks on certain maps like Bandar, and not enough people. Watching these tanks just rack up the kills.

11. Killer_Rubber_Ducky

Killer_Rubber_Ducky

Thanks Received:
    the mrls kinda sucks. everytime i fire, it angles to the left of the target. I have an almost impossible task hitting the target.

12. cadaveca

cadaveca My name is Dave

Thanks Received:
    It's jsut like sniping at a distance..learn to compensate!

13. boise49ers

boise49ers

Thanks Received:
    I got to thinking about this. If we could get a squad with a recon , support , and Engineer on Bandar I think you were talking about we
    could cause some hell. Let the Eng get say 5 kills or so and switch off with each other until the rounds over. I'm on Friday night.
    Phenom would probably be up for it. An assault would probably be good too wouldn't it ?

14. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    It would be hell for sure. Me and Ufgy ran this setup, just minus the Support (ammo box with legs). I'd usually take down a chopper with all 4 of my Javs, I think the Apache was running ECM once, so it took me 2 to get him. But then I would usually just run out like a mad man to a flag, really hoping to die, but trying to take someone with me, or cap a flag in the process. Then I would respawn with fresh ammo and we started all over again.

15. Wrigleyvillain

Thanks Received:
    I think Armored Shield might be my fave so far, at least on Superiority. Also like the Tank Destroyers more than I thought I did at first.

Kurgan you playing all that TDM lately for that one damn Assignment?

16. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    Yeah, I decided I want to go for the Airman Camo. So I did the F2000 and M26 Mass kills yesterday. Earlier I did the PKP kills, just need 22 c4 vehicles now. And just did 100 L96 kills + 50 MAV spots. I really hate sniping, so didn't want to camp it up, figured TDM would get it over with the fastest, I hated the first part of it where I had to get 50 L96 kills. But I guess I got on a roll with it tonight, was like 2.0+ every single round and usually in the top 3 on my team. Now I just need that 350m headshot and those 22 c4 vehicles and then I got the Airman Camo Assignment unlocked.

I'm probably going to do Death Valley for the vehicle C4 kills, seems to be a really easy map to C4 on.

17. brandonwh64

brandonwh64 Addicted to Bacon and StarCrunches!!!

Thanks Received:
    After playing last night, I have came to the conclusion that the RPG/SMAW is useless and weak. Each tank required over three to kill even from top angles. Dice may want to beef these things up with the release of armored kill cause that what we want to do is kill armor.

Crunching for Team TPU
  18. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    Hit a tank last night 5 times to take it out with a "Tank Destroyer". However I haven't unlocked the more powerful rounds yet so we will see. Might be a lot better with those.

19. boise49ers

boise49ers

Thanks Received:
    Is that wheeled tank with the huge barrel ? I have been blown to bits in it ever time by tanks.
    I don't get enough hits before blowing up. I may have got an upgrade in it, I'll have to check,
    but I hope the new rounds are better. The quads are my favorite so far out of the new vehicles
    simply because you can flank fast.
    Well I have did better then I thought in it. 5 kills and 2 Vehicles destroyed,
    but I know one of those was a mobile rocket launcher. So the upgraded shells
    are you talking the guided shells ? I see they have canister too. Kind of would take
    away from what they call a tank killer.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2012
  20. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    Not only that, but maps are so large and rocket speed is so slow, it just seems pointless. theres so much room for a tank to retreat, I've hit them with rockets then they just full throttle reverse and head to another flag, or sit way out and shell the flag.

I wouldn't count on it. I got the more powerful shells and last night a jet swooped way down to try and take me out in my tank. I hit that jet dead on in the nose cone, all he did was light on fire and get disabled... So much for 1 shot kills on flying vehicles. If it can't even shoot one of those down with the HE rounds, I don't know what it will do to other tanks.

21. brandonwh64

brandonwh64 Addicted to Bacon and StarCrunches!!!

Thanks Received:
    I was picturing armored kill as a fast paced explosions everywhere type of game play but its more like run for 5 minutes to a battle then either die getting there or die as you arrive. Vehicles are plenty but when there is 64 players, most are taken when you spawn unless you continually spawn at deployment.

Overall it needs some work IMO :/

Crunching for Team TPU
  22. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    Eh, I didn't expect too much fast paced game play, it feels like 1942 DC mod when on El Alamein. Sometimes it can be extremely exciting, other times, if you get stuck without a vehicle and keep running into them, it can suck pretty bad. Though even on a large map like Bandar, running Landmines and Javs against bad tankers I've managed to lock tanks out of flags for a bit and kill numerous infantry, which was a lot of fun.

As infantry I usually try and stay at those beach flags, it's faster gameplay. Death Valley seems to be the smallest of the maps, so most exciting play so far. Armored Shield reminds me of Harvest Day and is smaller and more exciting as well, but also has some large openings that make you pretty open without a vehicle.

23. Wrigleyvillain

Thanks Received:
    I had a bunch of Kill Assists last night after having tagged one shot on a Destroyer and each one gave me an average of 25 points so yeah I guess that's 4 shots for a kill on a full health tank not hitting a weak spot.

24. boise49ers

boise49ers

Thanks Received:
    Exactly how I feel about it. I had that on an old laptop awhile back and played a few rounds.
    Man things have came a long way visually, but the game play can be almost the same.
    Just newer vehicles and weapons.

25. MT Alex

MT Alex

Thanks Received:
    That's exactly what I have said, I used to love harvest day. Armored Sheild is the only map out of the new four that I really care for. Bandar doesn't seem all that large since I usually end up fighting at the beach, and the desert terrain is not that interesting. It is no Dragon Valley, that is for damn sure.

Black Haru says thanks.