1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Battlefield 3 Clubhouse

Discussion in 'techPowerUp! Club Forum' started by TheMailMan78, Feb 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. erixx

erixx

Thanks Received:
    HELP!

I know I am not a BF guru like most of you guys here (cheers!), I play, enjoy but don't know many fine details of the series.

Ok, that said, I expected this latest Armour add on to be tank centered, but don't see it. The new maps are great, but the game play has barely changed. Maybe I have to click a server FILTER to get real tank mode?

Most of the time it is just a fest with guys racing over the map be it in copters, ATV bikes, parajumping just anywhere. Tanks lasting little because demo charges planting ninjas all over the map...

Is it possible to play a pure, clean tank battle (distance fight as it would be in reality)?

Thanks a lot!

2. boise49ers

boise49ers

Thanks Received:
    I have noticed that too. Though as infantry you get annihilated pretty fast whether it is from the air or Armor Killed :D I really haven't spent as much time playing as I thought I would, but I also didn't think about Football starting the same week. Try going Engi and run a Javelin. That way if need repairs you can do that or if you have to bail from a tank you still have a way to take out vehicles. RPG's work ok too if you are good with them. I haven't played tank superiority so not sure how that works. Might do that next round I play.

erixx says thanks.
  3. erixx

erixx

Thanks Received:
    Thank you, and yes, see many guys with the Javalin. A Gotta try Tank Superiority. shame that mods are out of the question forever.... Still remembering BF1 mods...

4. caleb

Thanks Received:
    Wasn't me. I never pointed anything at people. I admit I whine sometimes a LOT. Kinda feel like a bitch cause I bought it yesterday ^^. Was going to buy AK stand alone but I found Premium over an E-store for a price of 25euro so SA seemed pretty pointless at this price.
    Anyways the price for it at Origin is still bullshit for a few maps and vehicles. From a single run over AK maps I feel I wasted my money after all...
    I feel like a bitch cause with buying premium I support killing PC gaming as it used to be.. No company will release SDK's - they will just continue to release stuff themselves for $$. Almost like PC is turning into a console.

5. Wrigleyvillain

Wrigleyvillain PTFO or GTFO

Thanks Received:
    Well...I like AK being more "Battlefield-esque" and all but so far I kind of suck at it relatively-speaking. Most of the time I have been ending up on the outmatched and losing team, but still...

6. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    I like AK for the most part, but I think it needs more players, or maybe more jeeps/wheelers.

7. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    Not for nothing but thats what happens when you lone wolf in Battlefield. Even notice when you play with us we take the top 10 most the time? Its not because we are 1337. Its because we use TS and work together in attack.

8. brandonwh64

brandonwh64 Addicted to Bacon and StarCrunches!!!

Thanks Received:
    If they would fix the RPG/SMAW I would play more but its like shooting a BB gun at the tanks :(

Crunching for Team TPU
  9. Wrigleyvillain

Thanks Received:
    You have a point but I was comparing to vanilla where I also essentially play "alone" and I always preferred the larger vehicle maps.

And, as I've said in the past, I tried joining TS early on just to listen and "take orders" but did not find it particularly helpful tactics and organization-wise. Not everyone talking was even on the same team. Maybe things are generally different now but I don't see how that can really be the case when most of you guys seem to like it as a "social time" as well.

10. Soup

Soup New Member

Thanks Received:
    I've just discovered the glory of the PKP... I've been blind for so long.

11. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    It's good, has a lot of recoil though. I like the M60, L86, QBB, or M249 a bit more.

12. Soup

Soup New Member

Thanks Received:
    Yeah, I've used those but this PKP and I have sort of a "Shining" thing going on.

[​IMG]

13. Black Haru

Black Haru

Thanks Received:
    just curious, but have you ever tried jumping of skype with Kurgan? he doesn't like the mass chaos of TS most of the time either so he will use skype with one or two others. might be more what your looking for.

14. Wrigleyvillain

Thanks Received:
    Yeah maybe it is...did think of that but wasn't sure who ran that show or if it was still used regularly. Thanks.

15. Animalpak

Animalpak

Thanks Received:
    The gunship is meh ... Totally unecessary call of duty insipred failure.

16. MxPhenom 216

MxPhenom 216 Corsair Fanboy

Thanks Received:
    You probably just rage because you get killed with it a lot. I rarely get killed by that thing, and I love taking it down with jets.

17. Wrigleyvillain

Thanks Received:
    Yeah...I like it even though I haven't spent much time in it yet. I wish you could lock on to it with the IGLA/Stinger though. At least the mobile AA rockets work. Don't think you can laser tag it either though (SOFLAM/CITV)...?

18. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    I shoot them down all the time with a Stinger. They are easy as hell to shoot down. Hell I shot one down with a jets main gun last night and I suck as a jet pilot. You just stall out right at the ass and bore into that fat bitch.

If anything its to easy to shoot down.

19. Soup

Soup New Member

Thanks Received:
    I love the gunship in rush matches. Para drops add an interesting "watch over your shoulder in your own territory" aspect.

20. Wrigleyvillain

Thanks Received:
    Oh, well ok, great news. I have tried a few different times now with the Stinger and it never activates the lock. Guess was too far away but took that into consideration already. Same deal with SOFLAM.

21. Radical_Edward

Radical_Edward

Thanks Received:
    Strange, I've had locks with both. If I remember right it only works if someone is in the bloody thing. not when it's empty and flying around.

Crunching for Team TPU
  22. Wrigleyvillain

Thanks Received:
    Ok gtk. All the "lock" weapons can be buggy but it's never been this consistently difficult for me before.

23. boise49ers

boise49ers

Thanks Received:
  24. andrewhignight New Member

Thanks Received:
    I'll be playing armored kill this weekend.
    Oh and Borderlands 2 deserves a #YOLO

25. crazyeyesreaper

crazyeyesreaper Chief Broken Rig

Thanks Received: