1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Battlefield 3 Clubhouse

Discussion in 'techPowerUp! Club Forum' started by TheMailMan78, Feb 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wrigleyvillain

Wrigleyvillain PTFO or GTFO

Thanks Received:
    There seems to be some new bug related to switching between weapons on a MBT with the ones that should be ready to fire immediately such as cannister shells. Or maybe it's only cannister shells have not tried any others yet (besides Guided but that's got a targeting period). It's not needing to reload. This is a combo I use heavily on vanilla maps so I know something is different suddenly.

In short, I switch to the damn thing and it won't fire for one or two seconds. Happens also if I am already on secondary weapon then switch to main gun. Really, really frustrating especially as it only seems to happen if an enemy is in my FOV (in other words, someone I want to fire at)!

Can anyone else confirm/deny this? Don't think it affects the Destroyers such as with AP Shells and HE.
  2. cadaveca

cadaveca My name is Dave

Thanks Received:
    check the last patch notes..it's intentional. Machines guns and such still fire near immediately, but anything that spits out the main cannon..you gotta reload.
  3. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    Wow you played maybe two nights on TS and you came to this conclusion? Never mind Boarderlands 2 just dropped and half the TPU/TR platoon is playing that. Just because you are new to the BF3 platform doesnt mean "there is no teamwork". Do you think Dave, Highway, Crazy, Reayth, Erocker, Triptex, Haru, Phenom and I all place in the top ten consistantly "just running around COD style"? No. We have over 200+ hours together playing BF3. 99% of the time we just work like a machine and clean house with very little talking excpet shit. Only thing you gotta be on the same page about is what control point next. Then you have five assholes doing thier best to take that bitch in whatever style you play.

Got a pain in the ass jet? Come back with a stinger and call out "I need ammo on re-spawn" BAM you got Crazy or I throwing ammo at you. If you are lucky enough to have Trip or Haru playing you wont have to worry about enemy jets. Sniper being a pain? Next re-spawn you have Highway taking him out. Someone stab you? Let Reayth know. Wanna be in the fire 24/7? Spawn on Dave. Need a revive yell it out and Ill be there if I'm close. Need a full body massage ask Erocker.

Sorry but there is TONS of teamwork going on. You are just new. Stop bitchin and learn the game. :toast:
  4. MxPhenom 216

MxPhenom 216 Corsair Fanboy

Thanks Received:
    fixed
  5. boise49ers

boise49ers

Thanks Received:
    Whats fixed? You can't jump on the game and bitch about team work unless you try it. My biggest bitch is the team AKA squads are always full. I end up a lone wolf or on a team that doesn't have a clue how to work togther. The bottom line is don't cry man up play and keep trying to team up with TPU. If your not gonna TS then you are on your own. I play both ways and to tell the truth it really doesn't make a difference unless some one opens me to a TPU squad. Like I said before it is like being the odd kid in out in Dodge ball. Sucks , but it is part of life. :D By the way that is meant for D007..
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2012
  6. MxPhenom 216

Thanks Received:
    I added to mailmans post. Look at the bold part of my post that I quoted. ;)
  7. boise49ers

boise49ers

Thanks Received:
    Gotcha ! Every time I go on lately on TS or BF3 log they are all playing GayZ !
  8. MxPhenom 216

Thanks Received:
    Its all Borderlands 2 now.
  9. boise49ers

boise49ers

Thanks Received:
    Really ! I just went to BF3 battle log. 53 friends off line. No one on line.
    I'm guessing this threads dead or just wanna be's. :shadedshu I ain't buying
    shit until MOH Warfighter.
  10. cadaveca

cadaveca My name is Dave

Thanks Received:
    quite a few new players since the game was on sale for $10, actually. Perhaps you just been blocked, son. :p
  11. boise49ers

boise49ers

Thanks Received:
    Really Thanks Pops !
  12. Wrigleyvillain

Thanks Received:
    Damn...though I guess I'm glad it's not another bug. Actually this crossed my mind but I coulda sworn it wasn't quite the same amount of time each instance. So much for my one-two punch with cannister shells.

Yeah a lot of lower level players on vanilla maps at present. It also occurred to me that, generally, everyone playing AK at this point is going to be better and more experienced which helps explain why I have been getting my ass handed to me so much more.
  13. cdawall where the hell are my stars

Thanks Received:
    Out of curiosity how much memory does this game normally use?

[​IMG]

Mine is kicking pretty close to the edge... (800-980mb per card)
  14. cadaveca

cadaveca My name is Dave

Thanks Received:
    1 GB + for VGA on ultra, and over 4 GB for CPU mem usage.

talking "optimal", of course.
  15. cdawall where the hell are my stars

Thanks Received:
    That's what I figured. ;)

[​IMG]

Got it to break 1GB :)
  16. caleb

Thanks Received:
    Is it only me and my friends or are flares and ECM seriously fucked up now ? I mean I use ECM the moment I hear the locking on signal but it locks on anyway within a second. Flares are also fucked, I hear it fire away yet it keeps its lock disregarding the flares.
  17. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    Just wanted to add MTAlex and Brandon. You need someone to jump in front of an Enemy knife? MTAlex is your man. Need someone to control the day AND NIGHT! Ask for Brandon and his frag rounds.....think that's everyone :laugh:
  18. brandonwh64

brandonwh64 Addicted to Bacon and StarCrunches!!!

Thanks Received:
    I played last night but the server we played in was lagging AWFUL. I was unloading on people and they just one shot me. Reayth and our knife sessions were pissing me off cause on my screen I would either hit him with the knife and I get the red X or it would show me go for the knife then all of a sudden the game catches up and hes knifing me... WTF such a bad night on that server. Hope to get to play tonight as well and this time on a better server. It wasn't just me seeing the lag, the whole chat box was full of "Anybody else getting this lag" or "am I the only one skipping around"
    Crunching for Team TPU
  19. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    He got in dem guts huh?
  20. brandonwh64

Thanks Received:
    We were having fun, I was mainly getting irritated at how the game was acting on the server. I went into a crazy moment were I said "The game is frankin broken!"
    Crunching for Team TPU
  21. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    All in em.
  22. boise49ers

boise49ers

Thanks Received:
    So this was multiple servers ? That sucks. I usually check a ping before getting on , but sometimes they still lag as other enter. Hopefully the fix it soon. :wtf:
  23. Durvelle27

Durvelle27

Thanks Received:
    finally got BF3 re-installed on my pc it took forever
  24. brandonwh64

Thanks Received:
    Nope just one server the ATF noobs server. It was having a lot of issues last night.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  25. Wrigleyvillain

Thanks Received:
    What does this game have that the first one doesn't? That shit bored me into quitting after literally 5 minutes. Not big on the "animated" style either.