1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Battlefield 3 Clubhouse

Discussion in 'techPowerUp! Club Forum' started by TheMailMan78, Feb 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crazyeyesreaper

crazyeyesreaper Chief Broken Rig

Thanks Received:
    yea... otherwise you will end up kicked and eventually banned for a short period as brandon knows,

the best way to describe the feedback is someone dragging nails on a chalk board with it applified by a megaphone. So definitely use a headset if using devices other than the desktop etc.

2. GullyFoyle

GullyFoyle

Thanks Received:
    Battlelog - 5 new Premium Assignments available:

3. crazyeyesreaper

Thanks Received:
    wish they would focus more on fixing core gameplay issues and less on shitty content.

4. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    Thanks Gully!

Gotta say however gun camo is ghey. Why don't we get some cool stuff like new character skins or maybe some modified weapons......other then weapon skins. Or maybe some new knives.

You're broken.

5. crazyeyesreaper

Thanks Received:
    nah C4 is serious fucked as of late it sticks to the tank as it drives off but detonate it and it flys back and the explosion will be at where you stand, happened more and more often the last few days, if C4 had a tiny bit of range the problem would probably stop.

I just find it funny when dave and reayth watch me run up c4 the tank run back detonate nothing happens but i die with a big explosion.

6. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    I find that funny too. Got footage?

Wrigleyvillain says thanks.
  7. MxPhenom 216

MxPhenom 216 Corsair Fanboy

Thanks Received:
    LOL dude, if the tank drives off as your putting C4. one of them will miss and fall on the ground at your feet. so if to detonate it your dead. Don't blame the game for your incidents, same thing when you get stuck on shit or can't vault over something. Your doing it wrong.

8. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    I will say throwing C4 from a parachute is screwed. I threw on the other night and blew myself up 30ft off the ground. Tried it again and looked up at the parachute and saw the C4 on my chute! I was like "WTF........CLICK". I felt like Wile E Coyote.

This episode particular.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2013
    MxPhenom 216 says thanks.
  9. MxPhenom 216

MxPhenom 216 Corsair Fanboy

Thanks Received:
    THe only issues I have had with C4 is when the tank drives off an you go to put one more on. it looks like its on there, but then you look down and its actually at your feet. Click! and the vehicle is disabled, and your dead.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2013
  10. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
  11. cadaveca

cadaveca My name is Dave

Thanks Received:

Attached Files:

• time.jpg
      time.jpg
      File size:
      87.9 KB
      Views:
  12. erocker

Thanks Received:
    Hopefully more people share your opinion, this game just dies and perhaps EA can do a bit better for BF4.

13. cadaveca

cadaveca My name is Dave

Thanks Received:
    It's very simple, I think, for DICE to fix, and I'd rather see them worknig on Mirror's Edge 2, anyway.

So many complaints about the game - me..I choose to enjoy it as is. I ain't no "Negative Nancy" like some others.

14. Black Haru

Black Haru

Thanks Received:
    well not all of us can be Canadian.

15. cadaveca

cadaveca My name is Dave

Thanks Received:
    PSH, you don't even play BF3 any more.

:nutkick:

16. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    I'm ok with it. With all its flaws I have 200+ hours in it. Hard to bash a game thats kept me going for 200 hours.

17. erocker

Thanks Received:
    This is true. However, with this "mod tools" released I don't know how much more I'm going to get out of this game. On top of the fact that lag seems to be a big issue for me since Armored Kill came out. At least 2142 is working nicely. If you can get past the dated graphics the game is still awesome. :)

18. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    These mod tools are nothing new AFAIK. If they become an issue, its an easy fix for DICE I belive.

19. erocker

Thanks Received:
    No, they are new. Before this, sure you could go buy hacks based upon scripts that this mod provides. This "new" mod is free for anyone to use. From what I've read, it can be fixed sure, but easy? Not by a longshot. I do know that one part of the fix would be to get things that belong on server side off the client side.

Believe me, I still have fun lightly playing this game but with the lag issues I can't really play it "seriously" anymore.

Some need to differentiate the difference between being a "Negative Nancy" and legitimate criticism. Seems to be the way of the world (internet) though. Unfortunately, this mindset can hinder any actual progress.

20. cadaveca

cadaveca My name is Dave

Thanks Received:
    Kinda hard for me to paly this game seriously when I kick al lyour butts all the time in score, but lose to K/D ratios, and other metrics.

Lag, yeah, that sucks, but Crazy doesn't seem to have that problem so much any more. For me personally, the times I run into lag has greatly decreased, but it's not perfect.

You're right, and I agree, but the fact of the matter, the way it's dealt with, is kinda "MEH" to me. That comment was really directed at that thread for the tool, not you, BTW.

21. crazyeyesreaper

Thanks Received:
    no MX i put 4-6 c4 on a tank on my screen dave saw me get 4 on on my screen the tank drives off all my C4 is on it i had placed 6 i click to detonate, the C4 comes flying back through the air and blows me up, tank takes 0 damage, happens more and more often as of late.

decided its easier to just let dave use shotgun + frag rounds i drop c4 andhave him shoot me lol.

22. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    The lag issue is with Origin man. A few weeks ago it was kicking my ass and I thought it was something on my rig that was wrong. I reinstalled the OS (Not telling you too) and the lag went away. It has to do with Origin pinging the servers since the last BF3 patch. Bottom line is its not server side. Its your side is what I found out. Its the stupid ass Origin.

23. erocker

Thanks Received:
    Don't matter to me bud. :toast: I enjoy playing the game with you guys once in a while (that's why I play) but I don't necessarily care for the game itself.

24. cadaveca

cadaveca My name is Dave

Thanks Received:
    You install Windows weekly anyway. I'l ltry something else, thanks. My OS is like over a year old now, seen multiple boards, etc, and works just fine.

I dunno, trying to release source code for hack tools, in an effort to force DICE to change things...well...yeah. I beleive that is called blackmail, perhaps? Extortion? How many terms can I add here, all of which imply this is kinda illegal?

Add inteh statement given, and yeah, I'm ignoring this.

25. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    Yeah I know. But what I'm saying is the lag is a software issue on our end. Not the server. Does it sucks EA/DICE dropped the ball on the updates. Yes. But its an easy fix.

1. Uninstall BF3.
    2. Uninstall Origin.
    3. Uninstall PB.
    3. Find hidden Origin, BF3 and PB folders.
    4. Clean out registry (something I can't do effectively but I'm sure you can)
    5. Reinstall from the EA website.

Problem solved. Reinstalling the OS is just my OCD and I don't need to be reminded of it constantly.