1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Battlefield 3 Clubhouse

Discussion in 'techPowerUp! Club Forum' started by TheMailMan78, Feb 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wrigleyvillain

Wrigleyvillain PTFO or GTFO

Thanks Received:
    Yeah at least their debut album and I totally expected it to suck. Doll Parts is a kick ass track.
  2. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Banstick Dummy

Thanks Received:
    They had a second album? :laugh:
  3. Wrigleyvillain

Thanks Received:
    Well put. In fact, I have no idea offhand.

Did you see this hilarious shit about the "Star Wars themed" R2-D2 X-Box 360s? LMAO, MS is all hoping such cosmetic changes will distract enough people from the fact they won't be releasing new hardware anytime soon. And it'll probably work...
  4. TheMailMan78

Thanks Received:
    Nope Ive been listening to this in a constant loop hyping myself up for BF3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rX-3b1DK-4s

One of the coolest songs for a game IMO.

As a matter of fact when you are in the American Clubhouse you must be playing this song to post.
  5. Wrigleyvillain

Thanks Received:
    I approve.
  6. GullyFoyle

GullyFoyle

Thanks Received:
    www.ugo.com - The Coolest New Features of Battlefield 3

The upcoming first-person shooter arms race is just around the corner. Can the awesome new features of Battlefield 3 take down the Call of Duty giant?
    By Sal Basile 5 hours ago
    5 Frostbite 2 Engine

The biggest noticeable change, by far, is the use of the new Frostbite 2 engine. Everything from the movements of the character models to the smoke and particle effects of the level have been greatly improved.

When players jump over obstacles, the animation is a fluid hurdle in which you see the character's legs stretch out over the obstacle. A small change, but this is what was instantly noticed about character fluidity and movement. Battlefield 3 also approaches the dreaded knife kill in a completely new way. The kill animations don't just look exceptional, but the new realistic feel is also a welcome change to the annoying knife kills we're accustomed to in first-person shooters today.

As we were running through one of the new Rush maps, it became obvious that the new engine not only improved visuals, but audio as well. Infinite sprint is back and feels better than ever as bullets were whizzing by our heads and tank shells blew up next to us. The key here is fluidity. While you're dodging enemy fire, hurdling over obstacles and then ducking behind cover, it doesn't feel like you're inputting these commands into a controller. It feels as if you are doing them yourself.

Not only do the characters come alive, but the environment itself is a living, breathing, changing character on the battlefield. The buildings crumble from gunfire and explosions in ways never before seen. Every single brick falls realistically off these structures if hit by a rocket or tank shell. Bullet holes and debris litter the playing field so naturally that you barely notice the feelings of desperation and anxiety are being caused by a video game.

4 Countering the Knife Attack

The best of us have been bested by the knife attack. Whether it was a completely fair kill from behind or a glitchy out-of-this-world kill from 300 yards away, everyone is guilty of yelling out "oh, come on" after we see it was the dreaded knife that ended us. What is Battlefield 3's unique take on this first-person shooter standard? Add a counter.

Much like the dog attack sequences of Black Ops' single player campaign, players have a split-second window to hit a button and push the attacker off them. We did this accidentally while playing, but, with a little practice, knife anxiety could be a thing of the past.

3 The New Classes

Everyone has a favorite class when it comes to Battlefield. When DICE announced it was playing around with their class formula, fans were a bit sketchy. Being able to play around with the new results, however, has made us believers.

Combat Medic: It was realized by DICE that the courageous Assault players were always at the frontlines, doing what they do best. By combing the Assault and Medic classes, the Combat Medic becomes one of the most interesting changes to the Battlefield series. Run and gun lovers can now heal themselves and revive their fellow Rambos in the middle of battle.

Engineer: The Engineer seems to be the least changed of all the classes, with its primary focus being the upkeep and destruction of vehicles. In Bad Company 2, the Engineer's primary weapons were sub-machine guns. Is seems that they will be using carbina asault rifles in Battlefield 3.

Support: The new Support class is reminiscent of the Battlefield 2 Support class with a new twist on it. This class used light machine guns that can be mounted on surfaces for added accuracy. It can also equip a more-powerful-than-usual flashlight that can blind enemies. The most interesting aspect of the Support class is its new "Suppressing Fire" ability, which causes enemies screen to blur when you shoot in their proximity.

Sniper: Sniper's are more dangerous than ever now that they can go into prone. To combat this, DICE has added a lens twinkle to make sure Sniper's don't get too comfortable. Sniper's also retain their mortar abilities, a favorite from Bad Company 2.

2 Personalized Dog Tags

An addition influenced by the Call of Duty series, players can now customize the look of their dog tags. The Battlefield twist on this is that dog tags are collected when you successfully execute a knife attack. Collecting dog tags will definitely become the sole objective of some ambitious players. The dog tags display a dynamically tracked stat of choice and appear on defeated enemies screens. So, when you get that 800th pistol kill, your nemesis will know he was that 800th kill.

1 Going Prone

One of the first questions everyone always asks when they play Bad Company 2 for the first time is, "how do I prone?" Although a minor thing to get used to, being told you can't prone is usually met with a quick, "huh? What the hell, why not?"

It's minor, miniscule and trivial.

It is also the most important thing in the history of everything. Ever.

Now that we can dive into prone, prone behind cover and prone beneath gunfire, you will think of all the times you wanted to prone. You will begin to realize you've wanted to prone every single second of every single game you've ever played.
  7. bpgt64

bpgt64

Thanks Received:
    Pre-order done, despite wanting to punch myself in the face after downloading Origin.
    crazyeyesreaper says thanks.
  8. GullyFoyle

GullyFoyle

Thanks Received:
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2011
  9. FreedomEclipse

FreedomEclipse Crazy Dogmatic Bullsh!t!

Thanks Received:
    If you keep releasing videos. Im gonna have to run out into the wilderness, cut off from the interwebs and live on wild berries and wrestle with bears. till BF3 is released.

every time i watch more video footage. my heart skips a beat and gets mad that the game cant be released right away
  10. _JP_

_JP_

Thanks Received:
    Since we are discussing music, and the theme related to the thread...
    Wait, what? :wtf:
    It's either this or go eff yourself.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lTkMJpAL0c
    This one IS manly, this one builds hype, this one MOTIVATES YOU TO PLAY BF!
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2011
  11. Wrigleyvillain

Thanks Received:
    I still think running this Alpha would detract something from experiencing the full game, even a beta. Maybe I'm wrong though.
  12. CDdude55

CDdude55 Crazy 4 TPU!!!

Thanks Received:
    I downloaded Origin just for BF3. I still haven't preordered it on Origin yet because i might either get it in store or Valve might accept EA's terms just before release (cause they know it's going to make a ton of money) and possibly get it through Steam.
  13. TheMailMan78

Thanks Received:
    Do like I did. Pre-Order it from Gamestop for 5 bucks. Then if it comes out on steam later you can always go back to the store and refund your 5 bucks. If not then you still get the pre-order goodies without having to DL anything. :toast:
    CDdude55 says thanks.
  14. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    Doubtful, I don't like Rush or console FPS and I played 150 hours in the PS3 BC2 Beta (in about a month and a half), then the PC beta came out and I don't really like Port Valdez and I played another 80 hours of that, and now here I am with over 500 hours of actual game time.
  15. bbmarley

Thanks Received:
    anyone else get alpha inv?
  16. GullyFoyle

GullyFoyle

Thanks Received:
  17. Pestilence New Member

Thanks Received:
    You SON OF A BITCH!!!!!!!!!

I'll give you a thousand dollars for it. :D
  18. Wrigleyvillain

Thanks Received:
    But it's an alpha. Not a beta even. I didn't mean it would take away from it because id grow tired but because I expect it to not be done and have zero polish. Is it even full res textures and such? I want to be fully wowed by this shit out of the gate!
  19. Corduroy_Jr

Corduroy_Jr New Member

Thanks Received:
    is bad company 2 servers down? cause when i log in server list is empty
  20. Corduroy_Jr

Corduroy_Jr New Member

Thanks Received:
    i cant play online at all some advice would be nice
  21. Pestilence New Member

Thanks Received:
    I was just playing. They work fine
  22. Corduroy_Jr

Corduroy_Jr New Member

Thanks Received:
    how odd, its a fresh install of windows and the game, what should i do from hear reinstall the game?
  23. Pestilence New Member

Thanks Received:
    Maybe your firewall is blocking access
  24. bbmarley

Thanks Received:
    i give you my inv for $1k rofl
  25. H82LUZ73

H82LUZ73

Thanks Received:
    We are currently running internal tests and a tech-focused closed Alpha Trial. We will be sure to notify you when the Battlefield 3 Beta is available to you. In the meantime, check out some of the latest Battlefield 3 videos and related news at the official site.
    Regards,
    The DICE team
    Wrigleyvillain says thanks.