1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Battlefield 3 Clubhouse

Discussion in 'techPowerUp! Club Forum' started by TheMailMan78, Feb 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EastCoasthandle

EastCoasthandle New Member

Thanks Received:
    No, you should wait to make sure this is the game you want to buy. There is no benefit in pre-ordering now anyway. I've also read a few canceling orders because the lack of features so far. I suggest to wait until at least Feb 28, 2011 or March 1 for GDC and read/watch anything BF3 releated.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2011
  2. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    El Alamein on 1942 DC was like that, if your tank got destroyed in the desert, you just commited suicide, was like 5 min foot run to nearest town. And I say towns because, each flag was literally a small town, the rest was a massive desert, best map ever.

snuif09 says thanks.
  3. copenhagen69

Thanks Received:
    Well, I plan on getting it as I loved the others. I was just curious if there was like a discount or special weapons or anything like that for ordering so early.

Guess I will wait for more info to be dropped too

4. GullyFoyle

GullyFoyle

Thanks Received:
    Well, if you would have ordered from EA Store before today, you could have had it from them for $49.99. As of today, it went up to $59.99 (yes, for the PC version). The only vendor that I know of that is still selling it for $49.99 is Amazon.

Pre-orders do come with DLC with 4 remade BF2 maps, that will cost $10 separately later, but you have months to get your pre-order in.

5. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    I thought it was the Ce coming with the DLC and the normal editions had to buy it? Or they giving CE and Pre-orders the DLC for free?

6. copenhagen69

Thanks Received:
    I would like to know this answer too ... If that is so I will be pre-ordering it for the DLC :)

7. GullyFoyle

GullyFoyle

Thanks Received:
    Ce?

All pre-orders will be the Limited Edition. Just like BFBC2, where every copy purchased up until a month/month and a half after release was automatically made a Limited Edition.

twitter.com/Demize99: "It might not be listed as the LE, but if you preorder you will get the LE."

But, like I said, you have months to get your pre-order in. But, be prepared to pay $60 from Steam.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2011
    Mindweaver and 1Kurgan1 say thanks.
  8. copenhagen69

Thanks Received:
    collectors edition

9. snuif09

snuif09 New Member

Thanks Received:
    I have played Battlefield 1942 but never checked the mods out so i undusted my cd's and checked out Desert Combat.

And damn it is awesome there is actually still one Desert Combat server up :)

10. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    Dang, I was really hoping since they have such man power on this one, and feel this is a much larger jump for the series, that it would have a Collectors Edition :(

11. Black Haru

Black Haru

Thanks Received:
    you need to get out of EA forums. all the negative nancys are rubbing off on you.

as for $60 for it, if this remains true I will be very displeased.

Wrigleyvillain says thanks.
  12. caleb

Thanks Received:
    Keep buying on Steam and it will be 80$ within 3 years.
    Its kinda funny as while almost all games become available for download the prices for the downloadable ones become higher than getting a box at local store.
    They are just making money on "Oh me gonna get so early. Its 2 days before its in store !"

13. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    Why would you be displeased? I want you to think about something. Back in the 80's a Nintendo game cost 49.99. It cost about a million to make. Today games cost 10's of millions of dollars to develop and after 20 years developers asked for a little pay raise to adjust for inflation? I think 59.99 is more then fair. If we paid 1980's prices today adjusted for inflation we would be paying about 100+ dollars per game. I see 59 bucks and I say count your blessings.

Here is a quick link to do the math.....kinda cool to see how much we are being screwed by inflation.
    http://www.westegg.com/inflation/

Keep buying on steam and it will increase in price? Please stop your trolling its embarrassing.

Wrigleyvillain and 1Kurgan1 say thanks.
  14. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    Steam has to sell their games at the same price as everyone else. Imagine if EA allowed them to sell it at even $5 less, then Wal-Mart or Gamestop wants to sell it at $5 less. You thin Wal-Mart or GS cares about packaging costs? No, they care that Steam will be selling more because they are able to sell it for less money. And while Steam maybe the largest PC distributor, most companys out there make for consoles also, and if they made those other big boys unhappy, then everything they make gets yanked from their shelves.

15. copenhagen69

Thanks Received:
    I dont mind the 60 as it is convenient and I never have to worry about losing a cd.

Plus I would think Steam will have a sale on it for like $5 or $10 off somewhere to help pre-orders like they have for all the big games.

16. majestic12

majestic12

Thanks Received:
    I played the crap out of 1942! Most of my friends' computers really sucked and couldn't run BF2 so most of the larger LAN parties I attended were to play Desert Combat, Extended, and DC Final. Great times...

PhysXerror and 1Kurgan1 say thanks.
  17. Animalpak

Animalpak

Thanks Received:
    i hope the game will concentrate on infantry more than Bad Company. Im tired lazy people sniping in spaw zone unable to cope in close combat with assault rifles because of poor experience in FPS games !!!!!!

There are servers that limit the number of snipers, but I hope that DICE limits the game itself.

The infantry fighting is exciting because it takes speed and reflexes is the player that matters, not where you've hidden waiting.

Snipers down !!

18. copenhagen69

Thanks Received:
    True, but everyone loves to snipe - for the most part. So if they take that out or severely limit it, a lot of people will be upset. They will leave the sniper limiting to the server side owners.

19. EastCoasthandle

Thanks Received:
    :wtf:
    I think you really need to lighten up a bit. Just because I've posted information about the game doesn't mean I'm being negative about it. You have to simply take the good information along with the bad. As for the EA forums, if that's anything to go by people are simply not happy with the information provided about the game so far. That's not something just negative but a real sample of what people think about the game so far.

20. Wrigleyvillain

Wrigleyvillain PTFO or GTFO

Thanks Received:
    Yeah but the general whineyness and negativity of the EA forums is hardly irrelevant. Sorry, I agree with Haru and if anyone needs to "lighten up" it's you.

And as for the statement about "needing to concentrate on infantry more than BC2" --sorry I feel the exact opposite and I'm sure I'm not alone. BC2 is too-infantry centric if anything with it's smaller maps, 36 player max and more limited vehicle options and I am looking forward to BF3 to rectify that and thus get back to what the BF series is really all about.

21. EastCoasthandle

Thanks Received:
    LOL, disregarding their main forum is hardly something one can ignore. And we all can have an opinion on the game regardless of how that makes you feel. So, if someone says something about the game you don't like, tough, learn to deal with it. That's not a free pass to verbally attack another.

Right now, their is limited information about the game. More will be made available this month. If the current information is true many won't be happy about it.

22. boise49ers

boise49ers

Thanks Received:
    Oh sweet, I'm lined up to get a code because of my BFBC2 purchase. What is the target release on this? I'm sure it is somewhere in the clubhouse, but thinking it'll be easier to get some one to chime in instead. Thanks !

23. Wrigleyvillain

Wrigleyvillain PTFO or GTFO

Thanks Received:
    Whatever, Ech.

24. EastCoasthandle

Thanks Received:
    The release is rumored for October 2011 but wait until Feb 28, 2011 (GDC). They are suppose to announce the release then. Hopefully they will clarify any information presented about the game so far by then as well. As for pricing, availability I can only assume that will be made available then as well.

25. GullyFoyle

GullyFoyle

Thanks Received:
    Last I checked, snipers were infantry. :twitch:

PhysXerror and Wrigleyvillain say thanks.