1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Battlefield 3 illegal in Iran

Discussion in 'General Nonsense' started by Black Panther, Nov 29, 2011.

1. Black Panther

Black Panther Senior Moderator™ Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Source

EA’s popular face shooter Battlefield 3 has been banned in Iran. The game includes a fictionalised US assault on Iran’s capital Tehran, where many men must be shot in the face. Unfortunately, this has angered the Iranian government, and the game has been declared illegal, according to AFP.

Battlefield 3 has never been officially released in Iran as EA has no resellers there, but shops do sell pirated copies of the game. The ban marks the first time a game has been declared illegal, with police raiding shops and arresting owners, according to a local shop owner.

A group of “Iranian youths” have started an online petition against Battlefield 3, which has garnered over 5,000 signatures. “We believe the game is purposely released at a time when the US is pushing the international community into fearing Iran,” they say.

EA probably doesn’t care about the ban – after all, they have no official presence in the country. But the game certainly seems to have struck a nerve with the residents of Iran at a time when a little political sensitivity would have gone a long way.
    Chevalr1c and digibucc say thanks.
  2. digibucc

digibucc

Thanks Received:
    yeah saying it's some sort of plan is crazy paranoia... but that's what world governments can do to people ;) i think it's interesting they don't go after it because it's pirated, but because it's mean.
  3. Batou1986

Batou1986

Thanks Received:
    Iran leader is like that guy in movies who thinks everyone is either crazy or conspiring against him, when in fact he is the one who who's batshit insane.
  4. btarunr

btarunr Editor & Senior Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Yeah, like Medal of Honor "Hadjis killing marines" part was removed.
  5. Wrigleyvillain

Wrigleyvillain PTFO or GTFO

Thanks Received:
    Um no...that self-important wackjob Ahmadinejad and the country's nuclear ambitions that are seemingly about to become reality are what's "pushing the international community into fearing Iran".

Other than that all I have to say about this is lol.
  6. CDdude55

CDdude55 Crazy 4 TPU!!!

Thanks Received:
    No counties should have nukes anyways, what can you achieve with that?.
    adulaamin and Chevalr1c say thanks.
  7. Easo

Easo

Thanks Received:
    Who would have thought :D
  8. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    If I were Iran, I'd be mad too. Look at the Tehran Highway map, there's not a single Iranian to be seen, just Russians and Americans. Not fair.
  9. brandonwh64

brandonwh64 Addicted to Bacon and StarCrunches!!!

Thanks Received:
    figured there would be one place that would get pissed at this game. IT A VIDEO GAME PEOPLE
    Crunching for Team TPU
  10. digibucc

digibucc

Thanks Received:
    most of them don't ever play or see it though - they just know that americans are shooting iranians in the face on some front, even if it is a virtual one ;)
  11. KainXS

KainXS

Thanks Received:
    <.< not much new here, games gettin banned every year . . . . .
  12. dorsetknob

Thanks Received:
    Here is a thought (it may not be politically correct)
    why dont these Pissed off Jihad'ist pirate the game(engine) and create their own version of the game. Im sure that the codeing skills are availabe in iran
    It would be intresting to see what levels and missions they could come up with?
    one result would be
    america could ban it as its a terrorist training sim

its an off centre thought and opinion ?
  13. twicksisted

twicksisted

Thanks Received:
    So its perfectly fine for America and its "NATO" allies to have thousands (yes thousands) of Nukes but Iran isnt allowed to enrich uranium to use for nuclear power stations? There is no proof that they are enriching for nuclear weapons useage and even if they were that process takes many many years and they would still be way off.

Also the only country to have ever used a Nuke attack is america, if anything they shouldnt be allowed to own any with that track record!

After watching what "NATO" recently did with Libya and soon to be Syria when their leaders wouldnt play ball and sell out, all in the alleged name of bringing "democracy" (and getting exclusive lucrative contracts for natural resources and stationing strategic military bases abroad) who wouldnt want a nuclear deterrent in their arsenal?

All the countrys with nuclear deterrents are not on the NATO (American) hit list ;)
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2011
  14. RuskiSnajper

RuskiSnajper

Thanks Received:
    The problem is also with developers as well, they try to harness this stuff and make it into a fictional game which is to me, really uninspiring, boring, unoriginal and also I DON'T GIVE A DAMN, because in the real world it's all a lie anyways. Personally i wouldn't be interested in making these kind's of games with these kinds of topics.

To all honest ground, i do not care about the BF3 story at all , never cared about call of duty modern stories and that's for all these games.

Just look the trends , even when it all started ... valve with it's CS also went into the waters of "special forces vs terrorists" ... and even if it was a genuine PC game and all that , still it's their fault going into the topics, to say at least, that aspect alone doesn't make it any better at all.

On the other hand call of duty 2 was factually correct so no point of debate there, the game was the game about, no stupid made-up hollywood-style shit.

And why would be a problem with developers , well , they create western-style stuff that is seen as propaganda to the other world , because ... it is, it's mixed with hollywood cliches, us army trends as well as over-reactive americanism that just pisses off people, because, you might don't know it, it looks very bragging and the presence of "i don't give a shit" dude-ish burger from-down-the-street attitude that you mostly see in movies and media.
    You would have reacted the same if middle-east had some big game studio and made a game when somebody from a dirt trench fires a nuke at NY(but the missile malfunctions) just imagine how hugely outlash would have been from all these internet casual communities ... i can imagine it how those people would defend their grounds and even hate it out of spite ... you can't be pissed on them banning, it's not a surprise anyways.

Mind wording, i should say many developers are easily distracted and influenced, and the fact that they're influenced by these exact mass media mainstream topics is another bad point, or they just hire the wrong story design people, just look again on BF3 story ... it's crap compared to Warcraft for example, there's just drugged marines yelling behind your shoulder "RELOAD RELOAD TAAAAKE COOVAR", don't mention the extraction invisible wall mentioned on zero punctuation.

I still prefer blizzard :p Even tho WOW is stale .. kind of needs a big GFX upgrade would make it more attractive.

[​IMG]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHz2ky-jng8

my 5 cents ... other than that, let's see what Respawn Entertainment brings us , hopefully original stuff.

A more honest reasonly why i personally don't like these modern games is simple because they all have one key component, that's the marines and us-army or whatever mix there is, imo from what i seen over the years, these people however brave are sadly seen by the goverment as killing machines and not people, the "training" that you must complete for entry is really not training about your physical skills but it's a psychological process that they teach you to OBEY, just look those stupid army shows on discovery these days , how a commander yells on soldiers all the time, you might not catch it at first, a common scenario goes that a solider must carry some wooden loggs from point A to point B and all that time the commander yells at him with preverse language which doesn't fit into the "supposably" normal training at all, but it fits into the psychological "training" there is, so many of them suffer from PTSD which goes unnoticed away obviously because the corrupt media doesn't report about it.

The soliders aren't to be blamed, but those that don't know what the heck to do with their life are more likely to join (unable to resist the propaganda and thus being ) the armies, as they're empowered by this silly thing called "Protecting Homeland(TM)" which i shouldn't get more into details because it leads to another big topic ... which is again questionable.

So ... i don't care about the games having these aspects. I just skimp through to see the core gameplay and mehanics of the software, find some bugs along the way and pretty much the whole feel of the gunplay, in which im afraid to say that BF3 hasn't come anywhere close to id Software's titles, RAGE gunplay feels better than BF3 by a long shot.

In other words, i avoid such propaganda as much as i can. But i did play BF3 MP just because of Jets and Tanks which call of duty never had since cod1. Actually im going to wait a few months for those patches to fix this buggy game already!

The sad part is that this propaganda spreads and infests the vournable, that's why you see little-to-none protesting from "the 1st world countries", only from those of totally different culture.

Oh and just see the irony, if an american company makes NY in ruins it's okay, just imagine how would have been if some other company made the same MW3 NY scene.

BF3 with it's car bomb scene is either pure stupidity of the developers (agreeing with officials (false flag)) or a planned form of propaganda. I can safely get this statement down, that i just don't want to play games with western propaganda. However i can say i have quite good resistance for it, but obviously why would i let my self be bombarded by it for no reason :p
    Chevalr1c and MatTheCat say thanks.
  15. digibucc

digibucc

Thanks Received:
    believe me, i recognize the hypocritical view america holds in regards to nuclear power. there is still an argument to be made however, whether fair or not- america has the power and will keep it while they can, simple.
    regardless: Ahmadinejad IS a wackjob, and i don't trust him with fissionable nuclear material. truth is, i don't trust US with it , but it's too late to stop that.
    Chevalr1c and Wrigleyvillain say thanks.
  16. RuskiSnajper

RuskiSnajper

Thanks Received:
    I haven't researched into ahmadinjead so much that i could come to a conclusion if he's a trustworthy iran president or it's just another globalist puppet put into place to be the making up these threats.

One thing Ahmadinjead was 100% correct is that indeed 911 was an inside job. Whether this is his opinion through logical assesment or a planned drama-increaser (as the reason for the walk-out, problem-reaction-solution) we might never know.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4phNuwx8Hs

As the first point is not sure, the whole walk-out could have been faked, then what again UN's reason for existance is ... globalist agenda.
    Fx says thanks.
  17. Wrigleyvillain

Thanks Received:
    Oh fucking please. We surely don't know the whole story-when do we ever?-but any talk of an "inside job" is really ridiculous. And not just cause I refuse to believe that it was in anyone's actual interest outside of the middle east but mainly because it would have been impossible to pull off and keep a secret.

Really...have you actually thought about it? Wait, don't answer because I refuse to discuss it further.
    Chevalr1c says thanks.
  18. entropy13

entropy13

Thanks Received:
    So is the destruction of the Death Star, as well as the fall of the Dark Tower of Baradur.
  19. RuskiSnajper

RuskiSnajper

Thanks Received:
    Yeah, Perl Harbor was also similar, they just had real nukes instead of fake plane animations.
  20. Wrigleyvillain

Thanks Received:
    Wow you're nuts.
  21. RuskiSnajper

RuskiSnajper

Thanks Received:
    Tell that to him:

22. (FIH) The Don

(FIH) The Don

Thanks Received:
    what the fuck did they expect lol :D
  23. RuskiSnajper

RuskiSnajper

Thanks Received:
    They didn't expect it (post effects of radiation) , they we're the test subject.
  24. Recus

Recus

Thanks Received:
    I think iranians are mad because they lives in caves and eat sand.
  25. (FIH) The Don

(FIH) The Don

Thanks Received:
    If Iran didnt have fucked up leaders it would be one of the better countries to live in, things are very well organized there, its not like afghanistan, do NOT even think that for one second, oh wait, you did.

so i guess you live in a cave too?
    Chevalr1c says thanks.