1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Battlefield 3 illegal in Iran

Discussion in 'General Nonsense' started by Black Panther, Nov 29, 2011.

1. Recus

Recus

Thanks Received:
    So why you don't live in Iran? Afraid jihad? :rolleyes:

2. r9

r9

Thanks Received:
    Can you imagine aliens coming to Earth when 95% of games are about shooting aliens ? :D

Chevalr1c and digibucc say thanks.
  3. RuskiSnajper

RuskiSnajper

Thanks Received:
    Western people live in a huge ... information cave.

False flag operation in the planning. Ever heard of a hologram ;)

4. r9

r9

Thanks Received:
    I didn`t get this. Care to expand ?

5. RuskiSnajper

RuskiSnajper

Thanks Received:

I haven't researched this as much as ... even my head gets full of it i don't want to go deeper. And i wouldn't be otherwise talking about this whole thread if it wasn't for this thread and this news hah ... so :p

But basically the idea is i saw in commments that they (the 1% ) wants to create a fake alien invasion which will probably be made agressive so that'll be the reason for unity and globalism (one world government)

Basically, "oh see the aliens want to destroy us, all the world must be allies right now"

If your brains can process the sheer information shock (which isn't good if you're already depressed) you can go check these articles. But be warned im not responsible if your head overheats, this is hard and depressing material and you should be careful - don't read too much in one day.
    the number 10# at first link
    http://vigilantcitizen.com/vigilantreport/top-10-most-sinister-psyops-mission-patches/
    theories mostly inside comments
    http://vigilantcitizen.com/latestnews/alien-encounters-within-twenty-years/

You'll probably see a term called PSYOPS , which is a more sophisticated approach of propaganda, not just teeling an over-the-top advertisment, but by techniques altering people's perception and thinking so the victims ends up with results they want.

You can come to a logical conclusion that 911 was PSYOPS, and all those "insurgents" you see and think, that's the perception the media campaing gave you, i am sure those are farmers trying to defend their grounds. The funny thing is, opium production in afghanistan has skyrocketed after 2001 til now. The TV doesn't show you ... they show you shit really.

We can go further and see how war is actually helping the economy, the way the money system works is ... that it doesn't work. It's not self sustainable, endless growth takes care of it (remember federal reserve act of 1913), so to make it stable we must spend and spend and spend some more, bombs and weapons is a good way to spend a ton lot.

There's no point of battling over nation vs nation that guy this guy ... even the politicians are being lied to or pressured and what they care is their job, and wether or not they'll lose it, some easly give in for a ransom.

Remember about the soliders and military training, how they pressure them to damage the mind into obeying, here's an example of the show http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=suXhyqg6X_I ; it feels just like jersey shore style show, pay attention how the commander in the background yells continiously and adds more frustration and fear to the recuriting soliders. It's a technique ... just like training a dog, if the dog is "properly" trained it will always obey you.

So there you have it, in a nutshell.

I should now focus to some other topics for today (head-overload) ... hopefully i get CS:GO beta key as it was in the news right now, hope retweeting helps hah, but what im mostly after is no other than Diablo 3 beta! I think good PC specs help with the chances of getting in.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2011
  6. digibucc

digibucc

Thanks Received:
    I love how you word this. as though any one who disagrees simply can't handle it. though technically correct, information lends itself to the idea of truth. it's not necessarily true, you will admit that much right? may be but maybe not? trust me, i am entirely familiar with these ideas. the problem is, all it takes is an idea. the majority of theorists don't bother to learn or care whether there is anything behind it.

thinking up weird theories is the easy part, doing the diligence and researching them down is the hard part. all theorists ever provide is links like those, list sites with half backed stories and amalgamates. the actual sources don't back the theories at all, they are just thrown in for credibility. aside from them it's just some guy's "i think, i bet, just wait"... not very trustworthy imo.

Chevalr1c says thanks.
  7. MatTheCat New Member

Thanks Received:
    Rearrange these words:

bin Your in is western propaganda head bullshit stuck a full of

It is a video game glamourising military action in Iran, right at a time when the US/Israel/UK political establishment are ramping up a big push with the view to bombing/invading Iran. If I was Iranian, I would certainly be dead against form of foreign media basically promoting that my homeland be bombed with a big pile of depleted uranium shells just so a small clique of Zionists could gain power over my countries raw materials and its monetary system.

As a big BF3 fan, I can say that I haven't bothered with the single player campaign past the beginning of the hand lead jet fighter level. The theme of the single player however, I find to be utterly sickening and EA can go stick thier Team America Fuk Yeah bollox right up thier ringpieces. However, were there an option to fight as an Iranian Jihadist or a Russian Ultra-nationalist (against US forces), then I might well have been up for a bit of hand lead single player BF3 action.

SHUT UP!!!

Americans dont like being reminded of thier blatant double standards and if you keep on doing it they might be forced to come and liberate you, and spread some democracy all over your ass.

8. digibucc

digibucc

Thanks Received:
    lol

9. RuskiSnajper

RuskiSnajper

Thanks Received:
    Please be careful for the stability of this thread's continued existance. How you worded it might sound angry, but it's a bit of ... there's the catch. Who spreads the democracy and what kind of democracy, well mostly, democracy is okay as it self, it only works if it's clean , not under influence.

The democracy now operates like this:
    The government > ("democracy is here ddd")1 guy/party get's voted every so years, every new one makes it seem like it'll fix something.
    The banks > always the same guys here and they're expanding no matter what.

I see these factions right now:

The banks = 1 % elite
    The govt & corporations = bribed puppets (bush signed a law that made the president dictatorial power and making congress only "a tv show")
    The people = the resistance, no organisation, , some of them trapped in misinformation so they practically oppose them selfs by opposing their fellows. That's whe whole point what upper class wants to do, making you more stupid and more likely to belive them.

My analogy:
    So if you see a bank when you go into the city, that's practically a private property and does not belong to you or the government, has no nationality, basically when you go to a bank you stepped into another country, that's because bankers are more powerful than the government (see H.R 7837

Last edited: Nov 30, 2011
  10. CrypticDecipher

CrypticDecipher New Member

Thanks Received:
    Given our "track record" as you put it. After using nuclear weapons and seeing the destruction they caused, and also the effects long after the detonations, the U.S. alone probably does not want to see it happen again, and Iran region etc does not seem to have stability obviously.

11. (FIH) The Don

(FIH) The Don

Thanks Received:
    [​IMG]

RuskiSnajper, Easo and digibucc say thanks.
  12. Easo

Easo

Thanks Received:
    And so politics, 9/11 and all other crap got there. /tinfoilhat indeed.

13. RuskiSnajper

RuskiSnajper

Thanks Received:
    You can read back ... and see i wrote on the first post, their fault what game they make. They make these topic in the SP gameplay, so they get inside the whole loop of complex topics, and a lot of things are connected in a way of consequences, that's why it seems like this is not important ... they choosed a semi-realistic concurrent semi-fictional universe to have their games in.

I just don't understand how a sweedish and german company can make so much westernized games, mainly Crysis2, what the heck, Crytek is independent but why he must be making american themed games, i have zero offense, but im just tired of same style. If you want controvery send italian mafia or whatever, maybe the increasingly infamous berlusconi with a bottle of wine for emergency "stimpack upgrade". Would have been at least funnier :p

Or just as Zero Punctuation Yahtzee pointed out, there's much prettier timeframes could be picked, haha. This thread wouldn't exist.

If this thread is tinfolhat or not and if this might not have anything to do with iran ban. But at least it's a proof of how much is their fault making such games.

Because i can't call this:

Anything else than one of these options:

A: propaganda / psyops (source: external influence on Activision, who knows...)
    B: trying to compete with MW2 in controversy (free hype effect) /- doing plain controversy hype trick but coincidentially (unintentionally) creating the scene that just helps the propaganda
    C: plain ignorance "we'll put this in" *has no idea what he's doing*

The perfect examples of other games who are whole franchises dedicated into some other weird and mindblowing stuff can be seen in Bioshock and Alice in Wonderland as well as Wizard of Oz franchises.

http://www.thethoughts.co.uk/thoughts/bioshock-symbolism-and-mind-control/

Im glad i avoided never had a chance to play bioshock, i'll probably most certainly never ... who would have tought from 2K games, but it was discovered that the game designer is of his "sorts", i don't think the whole studio is like that.

I should conclude here.

Well that should be enough what i ment to say mostly ... might be a bit too far here and there but this is the smallest nutshell you can get, the web is your's (still) filter what makes sense and what not, you can google it pretty easily, eventually you'll head will learn to be a filter itself , a firewall hehe ... now look, we stumble on another thing that makes this double confirmed, SOPA , the internet censorship act, don't let the name deceive you, piracy has always been an excuse in the minds of the RIAA, oh see the irony ... "Terrorists(TM)" or "Insurgents(R)" just happen to be another excuse made up to warrant the solution for the problems they created.
    The Problem-Reaction-Solution

The explanation is 2 mins, but then's just a remix of examples made by nufffrespect (or he only forwarded, no idea)
    Also NufffRespect has been subject of youtube censoring and locking accounts in past, as well as other accounts.

Lastly you can thank TPU for this level of tolerance which is allowing free speech.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2013
    Chevalr1c and (FIH) The Don say thanks.
  14. alexsubri

alexsubri New Member

Thanks Received:
    Here are my [​IMG] ...

The whole idea of Iran getting Nuclear War heads is just more War Propaganda. The game itself seemed more like a smear campaign against Iran. Am I defending Iran? No. I don't care about Iran, I care about my country. But, the fact of the matter is that Iran doesn't even have a nuclear weapon. There has been no evidence that they even have one. Iran doesn't even have enough gasoline to produce for its own country (they have to borrow it), let alone do they pose a threat to us. Look what happen when we told Libya to disarm all their Nukes. Now the US Puppet Gidahffi is no longer alive. For fuck sakes, Isreal has over 300,000 nuclear war heads. Why are there not sanctions on Isreal? Maybe because we pay for their national defense, foreign aide, etc...? Oh wait, I'm considered an anti-smite because I disagree with Israel stances on world affairs? Not that many people know that there were 30,000 Jews in the Nazi Army.

twicksisted and MatTheCat say thanks.
  15. digibucc

digibucc

Thanks Received:
    it's an insanely touchy subject and that's not going to change: but yes, israel is in no way innocent. there is sympathy, and deserved sympathy - but that doesn't change the fact that they are not making the situation any better, and we are actively helping them to make it worse. obviously i don't condone any of the actions taken by the palestinians, but to say they have no room for grievance would simply mean you aren't paying attention.

as for battlefield being a us propaganda machine? i don't think so. not that i'd put it past EA, but that's a little far fetched. it's simply that those stories are easy to produce, and sell well. lol i didn't even know the sp was about iran! not to mention dice is swedish, not american.

(FIH) The Don says thanks.
  16. (FIH) The Don

(FIH) The Don

Thanks Received:
    yeah was about to mention that DICE is NOT an american based company, so please guys, take all your bullshit, yeah bullshit and make a thread in the generalnonsense.net section, where its supposed to be, before a mod comes and deletes this thread

thank you

CDdude55 says thanks.
  17. alexsubri

alexsubri New Member

Thanks Received:
    It's called selling out to American Corporatism

18. RuskiSnajper

RuskiSnajper

Thanks Received:
    Valid point - but why delete?

As i said it's doesn't seem to matter, the influence is all over the place, Crytek is a german-turkish developer and they make western style games, but on a must lesser scale and no controversy crap.

On to the gaming side of things, you see most developers go into the "established arena" one dev pumps out MW2 and the whole industry has temptation to "transition" to it, which is what i call "trend hogging" or a more business term "following suits" - and extremely bad idea for the creational / design department and is purely a commercial decision by the bad leads.

To me that's just uninspired and some totally not artistical way of designing games, it's also saddening that these larely irrelevant studios have so much media power and easily make news while the important studios tend to be less showcased, the inexperienced studios pour a lot of that spice into marketing of course, they don't know to create better game and fast so those resources transition, while the old cats rather make a great game (eg. sc2) and the opposite example, Zynga the biggest nolifers ever.

The gadaffi wasn't the puppet directly, he was just left along to enjoy because he made great oil exports. But they didn't cared for him so they got "rid" of him fairly quickly.

Other than that ... you're absolutely correct. Fishy stuff.

Notice the connection with media franchises i spoken before. The Wizard of Oz.

The whole point is, you should anonymously petition any gaming company making familiar stories, the music is gone, the movies are meh, don't let games be eaten by this hollywood empire.

alexsubri says thanks.
  19. dorsetknob

Thanks Received:

20. DannibusX

DannibusX

Thanks Received:
    Don't care. Being gay is illegal in Iran. They hang you for it. Battlefield 3 being banned in Iran should be the least of worries.

RuskiSnajper says thanks.
  21. LDNL

LDNL

Thanks Received:
    Iran in its little snowglobe. Seems like the rest of the world is the problem.

22. assaulter_99

assaulter_99

Thanks Received:
    Jeez, this thread is getting real political indeed. Didn't know there were so many armchair generals/thinktanks/policymakers on TPU. What does conspiracy theories gotta do with a game being banned in Iran? Lets just keep it social and on topic and try not to offend anyone.

23. cdawall where the hell are my stars

Thanks Received:
    FIFY

EA probably loves the added free publicity from this crap. They burn US flags in the street and think the US is the one causing the international community to dislike Iran? Maybe it has something to do with the ICBM's pointed at US bases? Asshats need to get over themselves I for one an a bit disappointed the games goal of that mission wasn't to burn their fucking flag.

Oh and fictionalized is spelled with a Z not an S in the OP.

24. entropy13

entropy13

Thanks Received:
    Agreed about this. The United States Army opted to lose, for the first time ever, a whole division (the Philippine Division, ostensibly numbered as the 12th) to the Japanese in the Philippines. The United States Marines also experienced their first losses ever in their history, in the various islands dotting the Pacific, as well as in the Philippines too.

The United States Government just let Pearl Harbor happen because they wanted to go to war against an "inconsequential" country like Japan, much like how 9/11 was precipitated only to go to war against the Taliban in an "inconsequential" country like Afghanistan.

:laugh: :laugh:

25. Chevalr1c

Chevalr1c

Thanks Received:
    BP is from Malta. Malta is a European country. So you shouldn't tell her to use US-English spelling guidelines. Hence her (and my) use of the setting "EN-GB" in our spelling checker, which you could have used as well in order to check whether it was just a matter of using a different variety of English (and revert to your EN-US default afterwards). Most Europeans follow the GB-English guidelines. I think it is about time that you learn that the English of your nation is different than in Europe, Australia etc. Heck, you guys from the US even pronounce the letter "z" as zee while a lot of Europeans (I don't know about the Aussies in this case) pronounce it like zet.

Crunching for Team TPU