• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Battlefield 3: "Retailer-Specific Pre-order DLC" Boycott

Processor Core i7 920
Motherboard Asus P6T v2
Cooling Noctua D-14
Memory OCZ Gold 1600
Video Card(s) Powercolor PCS+ 5870
Storage Samsung SpinPoint F3 1 TB
Display(s) Samsung LE-B530 37" TV
Case Lian Li PC-B25F
Audio Device(s) N/A
Power Supply Thermaltake Toughpower 700w
Software Windows 7 64-bit
me too. I think growing up with Baker made the difference (I didn't).
I am sure the age of the episodes affects my opinion, but even with
that in mind I think Tennant was simply awesome.

traitor

TheMailMan78

Big Member
System Name TheMailbox 5.0 / The Mailbox 4.5
Processor RYZEN 1700X / Intel i7 2600k @ 4.2GHz
Motherboard Fatal1ty X370 Gaming K4 / Gigabyte Z77X-UP5 TH Intel LGA 1155
Cooling MasterLiquid PRO 280 / Scythe Katana 4
Memory ADATA RGB 16GB DDR4 2666 16-16-16-39 / G.SKILL Sniper Series 16GB DDR3 1866: 9-9-9-24
Video Card(s) MSI 1080 "Duke" with 8Gb of RAM. Boost Clock 1847 MHz / ASUS 780ti
Storage 256Gb M4 SSD / 128Gb Agelity 4 SSD , 500Gb WD (7200)
Display(s) LG 29" Class 21:9 UltraWide® IPS LED Monitor 2560 x 1080 / Dell 27"
Case Cooler Master MASTERBOX 5t / Cooler Master 922 HAF
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1220 Audio Codec / SupremeFX X-Fi with Bose Companion 2 speakers.
Power Supply Seasonic FOCUS Plus Series SSR-750PX 750W Platinum / SeaSonic X Series X650 Gold
Mouse SteelSeries Sensei (RAW) / Logitech G5
Keyboard Razer BlackWidow / Logitech (Unknown)
Software Windows 10 Pro (64-bit)
Benchmark Scores Benching is for bitches.
yea, my favorite doctor. although to be fair i never really got into dr who. i would watch the reruns on PBS with my dad 20 years ago and this guy was always the one who was on.

The original Dr. Who was awesome. The new "Dr. Who" is a fag. And I mean that in the most insulting homophobic way possiable.......not that theres anything wrong with that.

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF x670e
Cooling EK AIO 360. Phantek T30 fans.
Memory 32GB G.Skill 6000Mhz
Video Card(s) Asus RTX 4090
Storage WD m.2
Display(s) LG C2 Evo OLED 42"
Case Lian Li PC 011 Dynamic Evo
Audio Device(s) Topping E70 DAC, SMSL SP200 Headphone Amp.
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti PRO 1000W
Mouse Razer Basilisk V3 Pro
Keyboard Tester84
Software Windows 11
System Name ODIN
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
Motherboard Gigabyte B550 Aorus Elite AX V2
Cooling Dark Rock 4
Memory G Skill RipjawsV F4 3600 Mhz C16
Video Card(s) MSI GeForce RTX 3080 Ventus 3X OC LHR
Storage Crucial 2 TB M.2 SSD :: WD Blue M.2 1TB SSD :: 1 TB WD Black VelociRaptor
Display(s) Dell S2716DG 27" 144 Hz G-SYNC
Case Fractal Meshify C
Audio Device(s) Onboard Audio
Power Supply Antec HCP 850 80+ Gold
Mouse Corsair M65
Keyboard Corsair K70 RGB Lux
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Benchmark Scores I don't benchmark.
I have a question. If history has to be taken into account, the code for these incentives to pre-order will be in the code for everyone's game. They would have to be so when you play against someone who has them when you do not, it will render and work correctly.

This obviously being the case, when I kill some with the DAO-12 + Armor piercing ammo and then I take his kit, I will be able to use it. So its not that you will never have these upgrades, they will just not be selectable in your kit management.

Example: GameStop only gun in 2142. I didn't get my game from there and I have 56 kills with that ugly gun.

System Name 2K Gamer
Processor AMD 8370 @ 4.5GHZ
Motherboard ASUS Pro Gaming / Aura 970
Cooling Corsair H60 AIO
Memory 16GB G. Skill RipJaw @ 1600MHZ
Video Card(s) Zotac AMP! GTX 1070
Storage Samsung 600 Gig HDD (Raid 0 @ 7,500) / WD 1TB Blue @ 7,200 / PNY 128 GB SSD For Linux
Display(s) 27'' ASUS 144MHZ G-SYNC Read 1400p Gaming Monitor / 23'' LG LCD Flatron W2361VG 1080p @ 50,000:1
Case NZXT Source 530
Audio Device(s) Onboard 7.1 HD Realtek
Power Supply 750w Corsair HX
Mouse Cougar Gaming Mouse
Keyboard Saitek Eclipse
Software Windows 10 64bit Education Edition
EA is just Fail

1Kurgan1

The Knife in your Back
System Name My Comp | Fiancees Comp
Processor i7 5820k @ 4.6Ghz 1.285v| i5 2500k
Motherboard MSI x99 SLI Plus | AsRock Z77 Pro 3
Cooling Watercooled
Memory 16GB DDR4 2400 @ 2666 | 12GB DDR3 1600
Video Card(s) AMD R9 290x | MSI 5850 OC
Storage 128gb SSD + 2x 2TB | 2TB
Display(s) Asus 27" LCD | 25" Hanns G
Case CM Storm | CM Elite 430
Audio Device(s) Creative Recon 3D PCIe
Power Supply Enermax Galaxy 1250W | Rosewill 630w
Mouse Logitech G700s | Logitech G100s
Keyboard Logitech G901 | Logitech G105
Software Win 8.1 Ultimate x64 | Win 8.1 Ultimate x64
Benchmark Scores 3D Mark - Fire Strike Extreme - 4403
Processor Intel i7-10700k
Motherboard Gigabyte Aurorus Ultra z490
Cooling Corsair H100i RGB
Memory 32GB (4x8GB) Corsair Vengeance DDR4-3200MHz
Video Card(s) MSI Gaming Trio X 3070 LHR
Display(s) ASUS MG278Q / AOC G2590FX
Case Corsair X4000 iCue
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Corsair RM650x 650W Fully Modular
Software Windows 10
Speak for yourself, I enjoy a ton of EA games.

That's because EA has an eye for good developers. Whenever EA handles something, their strategy is basically copy Activision, but do a worse job. This whole DLC idea was theirs, DICE even came out and said that it was an EA decision that they were just catering too. Publishers are really the problem with the gaming industry. We're basically stuck with Activision or EA when it comes to big name games, and neither of them give a shit about making quality, lasting games. They just want your money, and they want as much of it as the can get, as fast as they can get it...

You can clearly tell whenever a Developer is constrained by their Publisher, and produces sub-par work (Dragon Age 2 where you at!?), and when the Publishers just let the developers do as they please, even if it means taking a big chance (CoD4, I remember you).

That's because EA has an eye for good developers. Whenever EA handles something, their strategy is basically copy Activision, but do a worse job. This whole DLC idea was theirs, DICE even came out and said that it was an EA decision that they were just catering too. Publishers are really the problem with the gaming industry. We're basically stuck with Activision or EA when it comes to big name games, and neither of them give a shit about making quality, lasting games. They just want your money, and they want as much of it as the can get, as fast as they can get it...

You can clearly tell whenever a Developer is constrained by their Publisher, and produces sub-par work (Dragon Age 2 where you at!?), and when the Publishers just let the developers do as they please, even if it means taking a big chance (CoD4, I remember you).

All of them are failed then, not only EA. Beside, with Battlefield series it's their first time doing something like this, and we don't even sure what that "pre-order bonus" really offer and what it actually does. The map packs for previous game were free.

EA actually does a worse job at milking customers, and i think that's actually good for us.

Processor Intel i7-10700k
Motherboard Gigabyte Aurorus Ultra z490
Cooling Corsair H100i RGB
Memory 32GB (4x8GB) Corsair Vengeance DDR4-3200MHz
Video Card(s) MSI Gaming Trio X 3070 LHR
Display(s) ASUS MG278Q / AOC G2590FX
Case Corsair X4000 iCue
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Corsair RM650x 650W Fully Modular
Software Windows 10
All of them are failed then, not only EA. Beside, with Battlefield series it's their first time doing something like this, and we don't even sure what that "pre-order bonus" really offer and what it actually does. The map packs for previous game were free.

EA actually does a worse job at milking customers, and i think that's actually good for us.

Other than that time they tried to do it to BF:BC. As I said, they also don't usually announce it 3-5 months in advance, which was a terrible marketting decision...

EDIT: Also, BF3 + ME3 will use EA Origins and will not be released through Steam. Yet another example of EA screwing themselves over...

ctrain

DICE will just nerf the guns into obscurity and no one will care past 5 minutes because someone put up a stats page with all the numbers for every gun and per usual everyone will migrate to the absolute min-max best choice possible.

but I'm going to preorder anyway so I don't give a fuck anyway. At this rate this is going anyway I don't doubt that they will cave and make it unlockable for everyone one way or another.

System Name ODIN
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
Motherboard Gigabyte B550 Aorus Elite AX V2
Cooling Dark Rock 4
Memory G Skill RipjawsV F4 3600 Mhz C16
Video Card(s) MSI GeForce RTX 3080 Ventus 3X OC LHR
Storage Crucial 2 TB M.2 SSD :: WD Blue M.2 1TB SSD :: 1 TB WD Black VelociRaptor
Display(s) Dell S2716DG 27" 144 Hz G-SYNC
Case Fractal Meshify C
Audio Device(s) Onboard Audio
Power Supply Antec HCP 850 80+ Gold
Mouse Corsair M65
Keyboard Corsair K70 RGB Lux
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Benchmark Scores I don't benchmark.
This will be a great year for games. Battlefield 3 will be epic no matter what people think of it. The simply fact honest effort beyond humor injection was put into it will make it epic.

Whoever said Activision invented paid DLC's needs their head examined. If I am not mistaken, neither EA nor Dice has said those maps will be a paid DLC. That was speculation. This could just allow those people early access to them which EA/Dice loves to do. I could be completely wrong about that. I don't get up in arms about games to the point where I need to know so much about it before it comes out, that I already know key assignments and the first level by heart.

Activision and EA the only big name companies????? Don't worry Bethesda, he didn't mean it. He is young and inexperienced. He doesn't understand the joy of a great RPG.

CDdude55

Crazy 4 TPU!!!
System Name CDdude's Rig!
Processor AMD Athlon II X4 620
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3
Cooling Corsair H70
Memory 8GB Corsair Vengence @1600mhz
Video Card(s) XFX HD 6970 2GB
Storage OCZ Agility 3 60GB SSD/WD Velociraptor 300GB
Display(s) ASUS VH232H 23" 1920x1080
Case Cooler Master CM690 (w/ side window)
Audio Device(s) Onboard (It sounds fine)
Power Supply Corsair 850TX
Software Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit SP1
Other than that time they tried to do it to BF:BC. As I said, they also don't usually announce it 3-5 months in advance, which was a terrible marketting decision...

EDIT: Also, BF3 + ME3 will use EA Origins and will not be released through Steam. Yet another example of EA screwing themselves over...

Help me understand your logic. EA releases some of the crappiest DRM possible, in order to "protect" their products. Consumers still buy their crap, and turn to the darker corners of the internet to burn the locks off the stuff they legally purchased. How does this screw EA?

I'm pretty sure that there are programs out there to generate keys for evey single EA game. I know there are programs to remove their DRM from games I have legally purchased, from personal experience (64 bit doesn't like their DRM, surprise surprise). EA is not screwing itself, so much as it is driving development. Unfortunately, development in the software black market.

While this isn't good for EA, it does allow the average consumer to enjoy an EA game without having to sacrifice the DRM that "protects" their IP. Bull, it is; screwing ones self, no. What EA is doing is placating their investors, while only truly screwing consumers for a short period of time.

I do have to agree that not selling stuff on steam is stupid. What is more stupid is assuming that DRM actually works to deter pirates. Hasn't yet, and in its current form it never will...

System Name Quiet Gaming PC v5
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 5600
Motherboard Gigabyte B550 Aorus Elite V2 (rev. 1.2)
Cooling Thermalright TRUE Rev. C
Memory 2x16GB TeamGroup Vulcan Z Red DDR4-3600 CL18
Video Card(s) XFX Speedster SWFT 309 RX 6700 XT
Storage WD Blue SN550 1TB NVMe // TeamGroup MP34 4TB NVMe // Crucial MX100 512GB
Display(s) MSI G27CQ4 E2
Case Fractal Design Define R4
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1200
Power Supply Corsair RM850x
Mouse Logitech G502 Hero
Keyboard MKPlus Slayer M3 RGB Mechanical Keyboard
Software Windows 11 Pro
I don't understand all the hate against Origin (EADM), I really don't.
You only need it running in the background to download and install new games, unlike Steam, which not only needs to be running all the time just to play a game but a constant internet connection to do so (offline mode doesn't really count).

I can also register on Origin and download any [recent] EA game I bought retail. What's not to like? Because it's from EA? Seriously? :shadedshu

More so, Valve doesn't sell their games on any other digital store. EA is doing the exact same thing, where's the outrage over that? Double standards?

"People" want to boycott BF3 because it's not on Steam? Ever heard of ... retail? :rolleyes: Whatever, your loss, I don't really care. I see Origin for what it is, and it's all good. I'll be enjoying BF3 when it comes and you'll be... not playing it.

Last edited:
System Name Thought I'd be done with this by now
Processor i7 11700k 8/16
Motherboard MSI Z590 Pro Wifi
Cooling Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 4, 9x aigo AR12
Memory 32GB GSkill TridentZ Neo DDR4-4000 CL18-22-22-42
Video Card(s) MSI Ventus 2x Geforce RTX 3070
Storage 1TB MX300 M.2 OS + Games, + cloud mostly
Display(s) Samsung 40" 4k (TV)
Case Lian Li PC-011 Dynamic EVO Black
Audio Device(s) onboard HD -> Yamaha 5.1
Power Supply EVGA 850 GQ
Mouse Logitech wireless
Keyboard same
VR HMD nah
Software Windows 10
Benchmark Scores no one cares anymore lols
Ahem*cough*Mass Effect 2*cough*wheeze

Anyone else catch this sudden sense of deja vous? It's like this bull has been passed around for the last several years.

In Mass Effect two there were multiple armors and guns that only came when you preordered a specific version of the game. Gamestop (in the US) had cerberus armor, online had riot suppression armor, and if you ordered it with dragon age you got medieval style armor. $180 for some crappy extra armors is the greatest waste of money since someone decided to create furby.

In this case, I had no problem purchasing the good underlying game. In protest to this crappy policy, I used cracks to make sure my preorder allowed me to get all the dlc that I should have gotten for supporting the game. This is technically piracy, but entirely reasonable to the people I talk with considering that retailer specific dlc is a shitty way to breed customer loyalty.

Do I want to boycott a good game, no. Do I feel that the moral high ground is in piracy, yes. Does this topic raise more issues than can be addresses with a simple boycott, definitely. Do I believe EA has jumped the shark, nuked the fridge, and smiled during the whole process, yes. I just don't see the average consume as able to change any of this, because the business model of these companies is basically that the consumer is a thief. Without the smallest modicum of trust developers are going to keep screwing consumers, and driving the call from pirates to stop developers from gouging consumers.

Twenty bucks for a movie may provide ten hours of enjoyment (assuming 5-7 playings before it becomes "old"). Sixty dollars for a ten hour game is inexcusable (I'm looking at you Crysis 2). Developers need to decide that the pretty graphics should take a back seat to good mechanics, gouging the consumer drives long term piracy even if it drives short term profits, DLC run well (HL episode 2 was great, now I'm waiting with bated breath for a third episode) can pad the bottom line better than anything new, and DRM generally protects games well until they are released (at which time it only impedes your paying customer base).

~sigh~

yup why get all hot and bothered over a damned weapon and map pack? When I can't even buy the dlc for mass effect 2 because of where I bought the game. Bunch of friggin bs. Where were the riots then?

System Name i7-PC / HTPC / iMac
Processor i7 3820 / Phenom II 940
Motherboard GIGABYTE G1.ASSASSIN2 / M3A79-T Deluxe
Cooling Corsair Hydro H100i / Scythe II (HS only)
Memory G.SKILL Trident X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 1600mhz / 4GB DDR2 1066 (@800) Corsair Dominator
Video Card(s) GB Radeon HD 7950s 3GB / GB Radeon HD 7950s 3GB
Storage 2x 80GB Intel X-25, 2x600gb SATA, 1x1tb 5400RPM storage /1x600GB, 3x500GB,1x160,1x120 SATA
Display(s) 1x 27" Yamakasi / Vizio 42" HDTV
Case Lian Li Lancool PC-K58 / Antec 900
Audio Device(s) HT Omega Striker 7.1 / Onboard and HDMI from ATi Card
Power Supply PC Power & Cooling 750W / 610W
Software Ubuntu / Windows 8.1 Pro / OS X / PHPStorm / Gaming
why does offline mode not count?
i had issues with it previously, but it works fine now.

inevitably, a publishers DLM sucks compared to steam. i don't want a downloader
for each publisher i buy a game from. Steam works for many pubs, and indie devs.

the only other e-tailer i use often is d2d, and i don't use their dlm at all.

I don't understand all the hate against Origin (EADM), I really don't.
You only need it running in the background to download and install new games, unlike Steam, which not only needs to be running all the time just to play a game but a constant internet connection to do so (offline mode doesn't really count).

I can also register on Origin and download any [recent] EA game I bought retail. What's not to like? Because it's from EA? Seriously? :shadedshu

"People" want to boycott BF3 because it's not on Steam? Ever heard of ... retail? :rolleyes: Whatever, your loss, I don't really care. I see Origin for what it is, and it's all good. I'll be enjoying BF3 when it comes and you'll be... not playing it.

I own Crysis 2 (coughing noises), which I purchased in a retail packaging. I understand EA download manager. It is, on occasion, a decent piece of software. Key word is decent.

My hatred is because, when it does not work, it is a pain beyond reason. Not to mention, the program starts with windows, and runs in the background, unless you manually remove it from start-up and kill the process. Steam does the same thing, but does not hide it. I may not like it, but I realize that it is "necessary" for security. This is not security, it is EA trying to shoe horn itself onto your PC to "protect" its IP because EA believes consumers are all pirates. To sum up my feeling in three words; "Kiss off EA!" The longer version is rife with coarse language...

Now, back to the original topic. This side bar, for which I am partially guilty, does not match with the thread's intention.

System Name RyzenGtEvo/ Asus strix scar II
Processor Amd R5 5900X/ Intel 8750H
Motherboard Crosshair hero8 impact/Asus
Cooling 360EK extreme rad+ 360$EK slim all push, cpu ek suprim Gpu full cover all EK
Memory Corsair Vengeance Rgb pro 3600cas14 16Gb in four sticks./16Gb/16GB
Video Card(s) Powercolour RX7900XT Reference/Rtx 2060
Storage Silicon power 2TB nvme/8Tb external/1Tb samsung Evo nvme 2Tb sata ssd/1Tb nvme
Display(s) Samsung UAE28"850R 4k freesync.dell shiter
Case Lianli 011 dynamic/strix scar2
Audio Device(s) Xfi creative 7.1 on board ,Yamaha dts av setup, corsair void pro headset
Power Supply corsair 1200Hxi/Asus stock
Mouse Roccat Kova/ Logitech G wireless
Keyboard Roccat Aimo 120
VR HMD Oculus rift
Software Win 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores 8726 vega 3dmark timespy/ laptop Timespy 6506
for me they all lose(EA STEAM) as I and imho us are slowly but surely gettin bitten by bollox situations i bought retail bf bc2 and tried to get the vietnam pack on steam, no can do , i found out on release day as it looked to be a goer till then. dicks both companys are dicks whats it matter if the mainstay of the doe in the end,ends up in the right pocket anyway they should all be sellin ALL games and dlc not special this n that bollox

and as for drm lmao waste of everybodys time and life simples and its pissed me off many a time ive never bought a macdonalds and had to wait 6 hours for them to download a burger before attempting to eat it in a plastic box yet buying boxed games with drm can be just like that i bought AVP dx11 1 and the shit downloaded 9 gig, 9 GIG after installin disk and on a mobile dongle too cost me 185quid that game rant over

stop it EA its not good fair or funny you too steam, how the feck their in business with so many loyal yet annoyed and befuddled customers is beyond reason

System Name i7-PC / HTPC / iMac
Processor i7 3820 / Phenom II 940
Motherboard GIGABYTE G1.ASSASSIN2 / M3A79-T Deluxe
Cooling Corsair Hydro H100i / Scythe II (HS only)
Memory G.SKILL Trident X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 1600mhz / 4GB DDR2 1066 (@800) Corsair Dominator
Video Card(s) GB Radeon HD 7950s 3GB / GB Radeon HD 7950s 3GB
Storage 2x 80GB Intel X-25, 2x600gb SATA, 1x1tb 5400RPM storage /1x600GB, 3x500GB,1x160,1x120 SATA
Display(s) 1x 27" Yamakasi / Vizio 42" HDTV
Case Lian Li Lancool PC-K58 / Antec 900
Audio Device(s) HT Omega Striker 7.1 / Onboard and HDMI from ATi Card
Power Supply PC Power & Cooling 750W / 610W
Software Ubuntu / Windows 8.1 Pro / OS X / PHPStorm / Gaming
i bought retail bf bc2 and tried to get the vietnam pack on steam, no can do.

i know that, now you do too. so you won't do that again.

so, unless you simply want a disc, i don't see how steam
is the problem?

TheMailMan78

Big Member
Memory ADATA RGB 16GB DDR4 2666 16-16-16-39 / G.SKILL Sniper Series 16GB DDR3 1866: 9-9-9-24
Video Card(s) MSI 1080 "Duke" with 8Gb of RAM. Boost Clock 1847 MHz / ASUS 780ti
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1220 Audio Codec / SupremeFX X-Fi with Bose Companion 2 speakers.
Power Supply Seasonic FOCUS Plus Series SSR-750PX 750W Platinum / SeaSonic X Series X650 Gold
i know that, now you do too. so you won't do that again.

so, unless you simply want a disc, i don't see how steam
is the problem?

And that problem was from impatiences more then Steam fault.

Easy Rhino

Linux Advocate
Staff member
System Name Desktop
Processor i5 13600KF
Motherboard AsRock B760M Steel Legend Wifi
Cooling Noctua NH-U9S
Memory 4x 16 Gb Gskill S5 DDR5 @6000
Video Card(s) Gigabyte Gaming OC 6750 XT 12GB
Storage WD_BLACK 4TB SN850x
Display(s) Gigabye M32U
Case Corsair Carbide 400C
Audio Device(s) On Board
Power Supply EVGA Supernova 650 P2
Mouse MX Master 3s
Keyboard Logitech G915 Wireless Clicky
Software The Matrix
i find that most problems i read on the internet are the cause of lack of patience.

Processor Intel Core i5-3570K
Motherboard Asus P8Z77-V Pro
Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Memory 8GB Mushkin Blackline DDR3-1600
Video Card(s) Gigabyte GTX 670
Storage Intel 520 60GB, Seagate Barracuda XT 2TB
Display(s) BenQ 24" XL2420T
Case Corsair 550D
Audio Device(s) Sennheiser HD600, Audeze LCD-3F, Mytek Stereo 192 DSD, La Figaro 339, Burson HA-160, Geek Pulse X
Power Supply Corsair AX650
Mouse steelseries Sensei MLG edition
Keyboard Cooler Master QuickFire Pro
Software Windows 7 64-bit Home Premium
Gamestop is getting into digital distribution. what if Activision, Ubisoft, Take Two, Square Enix, Sega, Capcom and THQ launch their own digital distribution stores? where does that leave Valve?

Easy Rhino

Linux Advocate
Staff member
System Name Desktop
Processor i5 13600KF
Motherboard AsRock B760M Steel Legend Wifi
Cooling Noctua NH-U9S
Memory 4x 16 Gb Gskill S5 DDR5 @6000
Video Card(s) Gigabyte Gaming OC 6750 XT 12GB
Storage WD_BLACK 4TB SN850x
Display(s) Gigabye M32U
Case Corsair Carbide 400C
Audio Device(s) On Board
Power Supply EVGA Supernova 650 P2
Mouse MX Master 3s
Keyboard Logitech G915 Wireless Clicky
Software The Matrix
Gamestop is getting into digital distribution. what if Activision, Ubisoft, Take Two, Square Enix, Sega, Capcom and THQ launch their own digital distribution stores? where does that leave Valve?

that would be a terrible idea, IMO. for instance i bought dirt 3 through steam. dirt 3 uses games for windows live. so i have to run steam and have games for windows live up to date and running in the background while i game. now, if codemasters had their own digital distribution portal they would probably use something like their own games for windows live to control piracy, etc. development/production companies DONT want to spend their own resources on distribution so they outsource to steam. now, a retailer like gamestop may be able to pull something similar off but i dont see them charging any less for games bought online than bought in store.

TheMailMan78

Big Member
i find that most problems i read on the internet are the cause of lack of patience.

Yup. We are all guilty of it from time to time.

MxPhenom 216

ASIC Engineer
System Name Ryzen Reflection
Processor AMD Ryzen 9 5900x
Motherboard Gigabyte X570S Aorus Master
Cooling 2x EK PE360 | TechN AM4 AMD Block Black | EK Quantum Vector Trinity GPU Nickel + Plexi
Memory Teamgroup T-Force Xtreem 2x16GB B-Die 3600 @ 14-14-14-28-42-288-2T 1.45v
Video Card(s) Zotac AMP HoloBlack RTX 3080Ti 12G | 950mV 1950Mhz
Storage WD SN850 500GB (OS) | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB (Games_1) | Samsung 970 Evo 1TB (Games_2)
Display(s) Asus XG27AQM 240Hz G-Sync Fast-IPS | Gigabyte M27Q-P 165Hz 1440P IPS | Asus 24" IPS (portrait mode)
Case Lian Li PC-011D XL | Custom cables by Cablemodz
Audio Device(s) FiiO K7 | Sennheiser HD650 + Beyerdynamic FOX Mic
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Ultra Platinum 850
Mouse Razer Viper v2 Pro
Keyboard Razer Huntsman Tournament Edition
Software Windows 11 Pro 64-Bit
what the hell is the point of boycotting this? I dont see anything wrong with it.:shadedshu