1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Battlefield 3 vs Modern Warfare 3 - Showdown

Discussion in 'Games' started by RuskiSnajper, Jun 10, 2011.

1. Easy Rhino

Easy Rhino Linux Advocate

Thanks Received:
    i dont know who that is so no it does not apply.

TRIPTEX_CAN says thanks.
  2. (FIH) The Don

(FIH) The Don

Thanks Received:
    why is it that ppl cant see that its 2 entirely different games?

MW3 is fast paced action kapow fun

while with Battlefield you have to think

CrackerJack, Fourstaff and erocker say thanks.
  3. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    You better not. He's a man-child saint.

Just wook at him:
    [​IMG]

He's so full of youthful exuberance and joy. He just want's to share it with the world.

xenocide, yogurt_21 and Wrigleyvillain say thanks.
  4. (FIH) The Don

(FIH) The Don

Thanks Received:
    i just had the laugh of the day :roll:

5. kid41212003

kid41212003

Thanks Received:
    TheMailMan78 says thanks.
  6. Wrigleyvillain

Wrigleyvillain PTFO or GTFO

Thanks Received:
    Good man! The fact you don't know who he is is actually makes you look better!

(In all fairness, Kotick is just a good businessman and always has been and frankly has kind of an interesting life story but as a major video game exec he is an infuriating toolbag.)

Actually there's a giant pile of money from MW2 sales next to the photographer.

7. Black Haru

Black Haru

Thanks Received:
    they are compared because they are close competitors from a business standpoint. content is irrelevant nest to sales; EA sees MW as an obstacle to gaining supremacy in the FPS genre.

COD hasn't had a new game in years, just the same game rehashed. that is why it gets bashed.

8. Fourstaff

Fourstaff Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Still no reason to bash them though, if they manage to sell the same game to the same customer repeatedly, then they are marketing it right. Bashing them because they have done something right becomes jealous rage. Sensible people who enjoys BFBC more than COD/MW should not engage in such childish activities.

(FIH) The Don says thanks.
  9. (FIH) The Don

(FIH) The Don

Thanks Received:
    well said^^^^ :toast:

10. inferKNOX

inferKNOX

Thanks Received:
    Rationale doesn't always work. If it did, there'd be no CoDs that have little more purpose than being verbal punching bags, LOL. I'm loving this thread, it's so funny!

Guys, don't be bleeding hearts and cry for these millionaires for a change, I'm sure they got enough $100 bills to wipe the tears of just 1 thread that tells the truth they don't want to hear. ;)

Wrigleyvillain says thanks.
  11. Maelstrom

Thanks Received:
    Erocker made my day with those comments :laugh:. Most likely won't get either game at release, but I'd pick up BF3 before MW3.

cheesy999 says thanks.
  12. RuskiSnajper

RuskiSnajper

Thanks Received:
    Well the publisher's are obviously in a showdown, let's join and spice it up a bit :laugh:

Technically , i saw the whole IW/ATVI clusterfuck , it was actually the devs them selfs that made MW2 a crap game ... in revenge , on the way out ... they knew they'll makes sales just fine ... but pissed off the PC, it just made activision so bad image, IW itself owned by ATVI so it doesn't make difference at what you bash :) ... because , problems at IW started when COD4 was finished, soon after Co-Founder Grant Collier went missing and erased him self from the gaming world, no trace of him. ... so MW2 was developed without grant collier , which was the guy who was promoting the PC version http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMfTR8PBrsE

Last edited: Jun 10, 2011
  13. Wrigleyvillain

Thanks Received:
    Hear, hear! :D

[​IMG]

14. Bjorn_Of_Iceland

Bjorn_Of_Iceland

Thanks Received:
    Lol I remember that

15. Wrigleyvillain

Thanks Received:
    Ok though I am big and fair enough to give credit where credit is due and this was a great, smart and useful idea on the part of the MW3 devs on a couple of levels. Unlike the 4chan post.

Though DICE doesn't need to do anything like this to make a kick ass, very well received PC game. :)

Edit: Ok this guy seems to not only be smart but a pretty class act. Granted, he's not gonna trash DICE in this thread, that's common sense, but he seems sincere and his answer makes sense.

16. inferKNOX

inferKNOX

Thanks Received:
    LOL, is that 4chan thing really from an activision rep?!
    It's hilarious!! Trolling supreme! XD

17. FreedomEclipse

FreedomEclipse ~Technological Technocrat~

Thanks Received:
    I heard they were removing dedicated server support with MW3 (again) is this true?

18. Wrigleyvillain

Thanks Received:
    It sure is and it thus appears as though that is why the dinosaur appears so prominently at the beginning of the trailer. And it being there doesn't make a whole lot of sense otherwise...

As for dedicated servers, the dude says over at Reddit that he wants them and that they "are in discussions to see how they could and would be supported" (to paraphrase) but that he can't comment officially one way or another at this time.

I wouldn't hold my breath, but it's possible. Especially as the competition so much fiercer this time around.

19. cheesy999

Thanks Received:
    To be fair isn't there a game based on the half life engine where the nazi's have dinosaurs

I have to agree though dinosaurs would be a stupid addition to mw3, now battlefield 3, since it has a destructible environment I would love to smash through buildings on a dino.

If their willing to ask 4 chan do you think they'd listen to us if we made a list of requests for the next one?

20. FreedomEclipse

FreedomEclipse ~Technological Technocrat~

Thanks Received:
    IMO -- they went to ask 4chan on ideas on how to make MW3 'the best'. 4chan+'serious business' dont mix. the fact that the rep even posted on 4chan and not in tech forums similar to TPU and Guru3d says to me she wasnt going to take suggestions seriously anyway or even looking for serious answers. everyone knows 4chan is full of idiots. and the amount of trolling she got goes to prove my point.

got serious questions? want some serious feedback or suggestions? then post on a forum thats more civilized and has some admins or mods in place to keep everything in suitable order.

posting on 4chan was a stupid idea.

21. boise49ers

boise49ers

Thanks Received:
    I wondered when you would tune in :D Could get interesting no doubt.
    They don't even have my age category in there. Discrimination :roll:

22. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    Because the differences between CoD 4 and Black Ops is small, and those games are made years apart. The difference between BC2 and just BF3 are massive. The game is actually making a step forward. Activision got their foot in the door first with the console players, and thats why they are where they are, most people I know that play CoD play it on console and won't even try Battlefield, the ones that have quit playing CoD. So I guess you could say, we hate Activision for what they do to their customers, but the real problem is the customers, but we can't have a thread just making fun of all the idiots who buy the same game year after year, because if we did, then all of you that play would get offended.

Have you played Arica Harbor Conquest? Or Panama Canal? Theres quite a few fast paced BC2 maps. But they have direction, rotating spawns are stupid. And why use MW3 as an example, CoD 4, CoD WaW, CoD MW 2, CoD MW 3, CoD BO, whats the real differences, not much.

He's the devil of the gaming industry. He's responsible for the Tony Hawk series, Guitar Hero series, and now CoD series, notice the similar trait with them all? Also here's a few qoutes from him....

Hopefully you read them all, this guy is the devil of the industry.

23. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    If she would have posted here I would have made it my life long mission to derail that thread to hell and back.

24. Wrigleyvillain

Thanks Received:
    Kurgan is essentially right. He is unabashed in his embrace of profit over all else including, essentially, integrity and as such does a fair amount of harm to the industry and genre in terms of what people expect a quality gaming experience to be.

Um I really can't tell if you're serious or not so I guess that's all I say about this other than that I can't get Dino D-Day to run on my damn machine and I'm pissed. But that's neither here nor there as far as this thread is concerned either.

Well then let's keep up our smack talk and maybe we'll get our shot. This place has like a quarter million unique page views a day! :) (Ok that's no 4chan... :p)

Last edited: Jun 11, 2011
  25. Fourstaff

Fourstaff Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    You do realise that BFBC and COD/MW have different target audiences right? BFBC is primarily targeted at more mature players who value teamwork and realism while COD/MW is targeted at young teens whose parents gave them more money than they can spend sensibly. And from that information, you cannot say that COD/MW harms the industry, but rather train them for the hardships and immense satisfaction they will get when they finally migrate from mindless spraying to educated sniping.

While the game is similar outwardly, we all can see that the two games are completely different animal all together in terms of gameplay - comparable to the difference between driving a Rolls Royce and a Pagani Zonda. There is no right or wrong here, there is just a matter of opinion. Both of the games are good and fun, but one is clearly superior in pretty much all other category.