1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Battlefield 3 vs Modern Warfare 3

Discussion in 'Games' started by 3volvedcombat, Oct 26, 2011.

?

Which title are you going to pick up?

Poll closed Nov 25, 2011.
  1. I'm going to pick up Battlefield 3.

11 vote(s)
    73.3%
  2. I'm going to pick up COD:Modern warfare 3.

1 vote(s)
    6.7%
  3. I'm going to pick up both.

3 vote(s)
    20.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 3volvedcombat

3volvedcombat New Member

Thanks Received:
    Well, its one of those threads again (I did search to find some reasonable results but I can add on).

-So now it's close to both big releases, and everyday this thought runs threw my head "Which will prevail and show the other out in the true sales popularity battle? !!!!

MW3- Most Anticipated Game of the Year, following previous Blockbuster titles released in there franchise.
    *Will Have Dedicated Server's
    *More weapons and tweaks for better game-play experience
    *Need Elite website account for stats which requires you to sign up and PAY MORE for ranks and to get stats from ranked servers.
    *Same engine from previous title MW2
    *Capped FPS no matter what, 60 fps v-sync.
    *Lots of DLC in the future, Lots and Lots.

Battlefield 3-
    *Will Have Dedicated Server's
    *More weapons and tweaks for better game-play experience.
    *Normal Ranking on Ranked server's no extra FEE's for BF3.
    *New Engine, and on opinion side a beautiful one that jaw drops the first you see it.
    *No Capped FPS, and it will defiantly be tweak-able.
    *Lots of DLC in the future, Lots and Lots.

Opinion: Mw3 is coming after: Call of Duty: Blackop's, Modernwarfare 2, Call of Duty World at War, and Modern warfare 1, and a slew of Handheld and tweaked titles. Now ranking is going to have to require people to pay out of the wallet, they lost me on that one. Also resemblance from back to back title release from the franchise is almost disgustingly rich with repetition and the same action environment, Run n Gun.

Battlefield 3, personally the crowd is already more favorable to Battlefield 3 then MW3 with some state the repetition the main factor? Battlefield 3 has a complete new engine with supercharged graphics(my opinion), and added game-play tweaks. Free ranking with this title which in my opinion minors will love because there is less hassle and all that's needed is to jump in and pull the trigger(I believe). For the PC gamer market, people are going to get "WET" over this game's graphics, pumping them up at 2560x1600 and multiple monitors. A slew of patches which would be needed for PC's because sometimes there buggy. Also this game is going to drop to 30 bucks in months (Cant say the same for Cod titles)

I have not stated much, just did not want to bombard with wall's of text.

-So which game are you going to open your wallet for, (Hint) One is going to pull more money overall out then the other, at least @ launch.

Both game's are going to be the most anticipated launches of the year, and that's overall true because of the argument and association of "Battlefield3 vs MW3" in everybody's mind.

2. Volkszorn88

Volkszorn88

Thanks Received:
    Battlefield 3, no contest. I say this every year. You play one COD, you've played them all.

3. DannibusX

DannibusX

Thanks Received:
    This thread is going to start some flames.

I really don't like comparing one product to another without one of the products actually being available. A lot can change between now and November.

That said, BF3 is a great game and I'm having a lot of fun playing it. People will play what they like. I have friends that trash BF3 and are CoD junkies. I wish it were different, but they're consolites. Specifically Ihad a friend tell me "Yeah, bro, I played the BF3 Demo on Xbox, it was lame. You can keep your buggy ass game and I'll play MW3."

He really thought it was a demo.

4. Volkszorn88

Volkszorn88

Thanks Received:
    PC community will definitely favor BF3 over MW3 because it's not every day we get to be the leading platform. And it serves us right to be, BF started on PC. So did COD, but...

...COD is a used and dirty whore now. Corrupted by console filth. Lost forever to the dark side.

stuartb04 says thanks.
  5. catnipkiller

catnipkiller

Thanks Received:
    BF3 is the only game you should buy this year.

6. Volkszorn88

Volkszorn88

Thanks Received:
    And Serious Sam:BFE ^^

7. Damn_Smooth

Damn_Smooth

Thanks Received:
    Seriously???

I wonder how this poll will turn out.

8. Batou1986

Batou1986

Thanks Received:
    ....this thread again :shadedshu

9. cadaveca

cadaveca My name is Dave

Thanks Received:
    LuLz. Both games are so differnt fomr one another, anyone's reastion is going to be 100% personal feelings. You like either game type, or you like both.

Personally, I prefer the vehicular combat that DICE brings. I don't think the COD series is bad...it's just not my cup of tea.

10. 3volvedcombat

3volvedcombat New Member

Thanks Received:
    Personally there comparable in some aspect, and that's competing for the top spot in FPS games.

They could be somewhat different, but I believe both games have ranking systems, both game's have DLC content packs being released, both games are probably going to be more multiplayer based, both games your carrying a rifle/nades/traps and creating havoc. Both games are probably going to have a suspenseful story line, were you run n gun in various ways.

That's about as similar as you can get, then you hit copyright infringement charges I would believe.
    There close enough for comparison in my opinion, I could not really understand why they would not be.

Especially sense both game's come to mind if your a COD fan, or a Battlefield fan.

You can flame but keep it reasonably polite and don't attack other post(Just saying for future reference).

We will see the true outcome of which player-base is on what 3-9months from now. I know I could not keep playing ranked matches on any COD game, it ended up being zombies all day and that got boring.

11. tigger

tigger I'm the only one

Thanks Received:
    I'll have a look at both, i'm not fussy, and not some sort of BF fan boy either.

12. Delta6326

Delta6326

Thanks Received:
    Well probably neither as I can't stand all these FPS, Im a racing fan, but if I did choose it would be MW3 as thats what my friends have and I could really care less about graphics just if I'm having fun.

13. 3volvedcombat

3volvedcombat New Member

Thanks Received:
    More or less I have the same attitude.
    Try every kind of icecream flavor you can find.

Same with entertainment, People just don't go and watch one movie but never watch another just because there a fan of one :laugh:.

I would play both 100+ hours if I had the money for both, because entertainment + entertainment = even more entertainment no?!!!!!!

haha :laugh:

14. Jaffakeik

Jaffakeik

Thanks Received:
    Same goes for Battlefield.So no difference for me I dont play Multiplayer anyways,And the most and importatnt call will be, I wont waste money on MW3 or BF3 because its just a waste of money like all games. :rockout::rockout:

15. RuskiSnajper

RuskiSnajper

Thanks Received:
    MW2 wasn't a "blockbuster" title on the PC.

16. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    We have a Battlefield clubhouse and a MW3 clubhouse. I already closed down a BF3 vs. MW3 thread, I see no reason to leave this one open as well. These xxx vs. xxx threads are ridiculous.