1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Battlefield 4 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Games' started by TheMailMan78, Feb 19, 2013.

1. boise49ers

boise49ers

Thanks Received:
    S
    Sounds like you may have a few days with out being able to game ? Should have the new one by the time CR is out for us cheapskates :) 670's run this game great too.
  2. Wrigleyvillain

Wrigleyvillain PTFO or GTFO

Thanks Received:
    Indeed I might. First and foremost, though, this guy needs to pay me.

I also have to figure out a new radiator setup; the single 120MM I have cooling my CPU at present is obviously not gonna cut it. When I decided to go back to ATX I didn't also want to dump a bunch of cash on a new case and managed to find a Carbide 200R for $30 after MIR which I am very happy with for that price but it's not very roomy and the top CPU power plug and the VRM heatsink is keeping me from installing a 2x120MM rad up top. I think I might have to remove the drive cage which I don't want to do.
  3. Batou1986

Batou1986

Thanks Received:
    i seen that on /BFG/ my sides are in orbit
    Sir B. Fannybottom says thanks.
  4. stinger608

stinger608 Dedicated TPU Cruncher & Folder

Thanks Received:

Awesome man! I saved it a couple of weeks ago in my favorites in Battlelog. :clap:
    Crunching for Team TPU More than 25k PPD
  5. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    Apparently this patch uses ones and zeros to fix zeros to ones. But, I know zero about programing so I'm no one to judge.
  6. Jetster

Jetster

Thanks Received:
  7. DanishDevil

DanishDevil

Thanks Received:
    If you guys prefer infantry-only style gameplay like me and my buddies do, you're not missing much from China Rising. I would consider 2/4 maps absolute crap for TDM/Domination, and only one of them enjoyable. If you're into vehicles, who knows lol.
  8. Wrigleyvillain

Wrigleyvillain PTFO or GTFO

Thanks Received:
    I just can't fathom playing this game or series "infantry only". Partly because I am not as good at it sure but that's not really the main reason. Aren't other shooters better for that? Hey if BF wins that too then great I guess but I don't get it.

I guess it does probably have the most guns and gear types and customization options and all, especially now. Well short of something crazy like ArmA maybe...
  9. Batou1986

Batou1986

Thanks Received:
    I hate all the TDM maps they are so small, if they where twice the size and not positioned so poorly on the maps it would be much more fun.
  10. boise49ers

boise49ers

Thanks Received:
    I've only played a couple rounds of TDM with BF4. I played the shit out of Canal's in BF3. Which BF4 map is closest to Canal's as far TDM game play? That was such a great map to jump on if you were close to an unlock and just wanted to get the unlock. One match and you were usually there, unless it was loaded with TPU players, then I didn't fair quite as well. Kurgan killed me a lot on that map and dick head Orhan for a couple months trolled the shit out of it. Must of stabbed me 100 fucking times.
    So I set your server as a favorite and it was pretty empty. 3 guys so I tried the TS just to see who was there. Kept getting an error.
    Do you have rules for TS as well ? Like no vulgar talk ? If so that will leave most of the TPU regulars on the sidelines :roll:Including me:fear:
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2013
  11. happita

happita

Thanks Received:
    Just got BF4 installed w/ premium. Played the shit out of the campaign. Now onto multiplayer. Thing is, I can't stay in the game for more than 15 seconds without ctd with no error message. Using 13.9 drivers. Anyone?
  12. boise49ers

boise49ers

Thanks Received:
    Sell the 5850 and get a GTX 660 or 760 :laugh: JK, not sure what the issue is, good luck.
  13. MxPhenom 216

MxPhenom 216 Corsair Fanboy

Thanks Received:
    I guess this is a good thing.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/12/04/d...s-as-it-shifts-focus-to-battlefield-4-issues/

Could mean that Mantle support for BF4 could be delayed.
    erocker says thanks.
  14. happita

happita

Thanks Received:
    Oh theres no question that I'm getting rid of this stinkin' old 5850. I'm just waiting for non-reference R290 cards so I can play BF4 in all its glory. In the meantime, I just want to do some testing to compare how much of an increase I get. Every setting on low w/ no aa or occlusion, I got around 40-60 fps in single-player campaign. It didn't look that great :(
  15. MxPhenom 216

MxPhenom 216 Corsair Fanboy

Thanks Received:
    at 1080p id just get a GTX760 or something and call it a day.
  16. boise49ers

boise49ers

Thanks Received:
    Yeah that is what it is set at on my laptop, kind of looks like a game from a decade ago .
    The enviroment reminds me of COD 2. It is amazing how much stuff low setting cuts out of the game.
    The lighting, debris, terrain and just little stuff you don't even think about with the new age games.
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2013
  17. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    *In my best James May voice*

"GOOD NEWS!"

Download and run PBSetup. Since the patch yesterday it seems much more stable. 15 seconds then CTD sounds like punkbuster to me. :)

http://www.evenbalance.com/?page=pbsetup.php
  18. mastrdrver

mastrdrver

Thanks Received:
    Yea as it sits currently, the server only gets populated in the evening. That's usually the first thing I'll do when I get home from work around 6pm cst. I start up the game and let my guy sit idle in the server. Once you get 2 or 3 in, the 4th one follows pretty quick. After that the round will start and keep going as long as it does not drop down to 2. Though once you get 4 in the evening, it takes off pretty quick.

Just a quick note on the server, it is now currently on Ranked. It's full currently and while our guys only want to do China Rising right now, by what their saying, I think we will be back to the 10 original plus the 4 China Rising maps by this weekend.

As for the TS aspect, I'm usually only around after I get home from work. Also I just realized that I put the wrong IP for the TS. :laugh: It should be ts35.gameservers.com:9222 and I'll fix that in my sig. One of our other admins is Bond and sometimes he is around during the day.

As for TS rules, we ask that your mic be push-to-talk. Some of the guys kids do come on from time to time so yes, one of the rules is no vulgar language. This is also why we ask for the mic to be push-to-talk as it's another filter. All of us say things (from time to time) out of just plain reaction to events whether it be playing a game or in life. Though as long as every other word is not some four letter variant, and as long as the kids are not around, I usually let it slide. Racism, personal attacks, and such are absolutely not allowed.
  19. boise49ers

boise49ers

Thanks Received:
    Any one using Chuck's server you can add me to your battlelog if you like. "1eyedIdaho" !
    TS is working fine now, Thanks ! I will hook in Friday night.
  20. stinger608

stinger608 Dedicated TPU Cruncher & Folder

Thanks Received:
    Added ya Boise. :peace:
    Crunching for Team TPU More than 25k PPD
  21. erixx

erixx

Thanks Received:
    The China Desert map would be great fun playing 4 v 4 snipers :)
    No, seriously, China expansion is amazing, pure beauty.
    Air superiority is like CQC but in the air! No too great...

In the woods, tracers and reflexions that reveal the well hidden enemy instantly are an anticlimax to me. I like to listen, observe and search.

All in all, i'm loving it, and I haven't even started to explore the motorcycle possibilities! :)
  22. caleb

Thanks Received:
    I can't really remember a situation like this for as long as i click a mouse. EA somehow managed to get their games bugs and glitches going within 2 months after release. Now we are not talking about plain bugs but the .exe stability itself, hope they sort this shit out before holidays.
  23. brandonwh64

brandonwh64 Addicted to Bacon and StarCrunches!!!

Thanks Received:
    This is what I am going to be doing 24/7!!!

*edit*

The stupid media button says it cant embed youtube videos when it plainly says it can...

*edit 2*

Had to quote a post with YT tags to get it to work
    Crunching for Team TPU
  24. Jetster

Jetster

Thanks Received:
    I think you dont need the yt tags anymore
  25. happita

happita

Thanks Received:
    I'm actually running PB and its up to date. I'm able to play single-player the whole way through, it's just multiplayer. Very frustrating.
    [​IMG]

And then when I log into Origin, it automatically starts the download for China Rising, is stuck at 0% and then always fails. I already have Premium, wtf? Could this be a reason why I can't join servers for more than 15 seconds?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]