1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Battlefield 4 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Games' started by TheMailMan78, Feb 19, 2013.

1. MxPhenom 216

MxPhenom 216 Corsair Fanboy

Thanks Received:
    Just found my new favorite server. Low and be hold its supplied by Corsair. :)

I get a ~30 ping to it, and just went 36 and 13 on Zavod 311.

2. FX-GMC

FX-GMC

Thanks Received:
    I'm certainly not getting all of the DLC for buying premium.

You deserve a cookie for getting it all free. That is just absolutely awesome!

1Kurgan1 says thanks.
  3. caleb

Thanks Received:
    For what ? Adding a path into your own registry and downloading client files on your own hard drive ? Its not like you are modifying executable or anything.

Anybody on China Rising getting massive FPS drops on that cave map near D flag ? Whole map works fine but when I get close to that cave its like barely 20 FPS.

4. MxPhenom 216

Thanks Received:
    Never noticed any drops when i played.

5. caleb

Thanks Received:
  6. brandonwh64

brandonwh64 Addicted to Bacon and StarCrunches!!!

Thanks Received:
    Played some with erocker and alex last night! I road killed like 5 people with the SUAV LOL that thing is nice on large maps. I almost have the CAV unlocked as well!

Crunching for Team TPU
  7. Wrigleyvillain

Wrigleyvillain PTFO or GTFO

Thanks Received:
    Yes I saw this mentioned on Reddit.

Hainan is definitely my map. Pretty sure never crashed once on it. And I love hanging out on the small islands and putting Slams in the water and shooting at boats to bait them into coming over.

And I also saw the island mentioned in one those recent news stories about the stupid new Chinese Air Defense Zone that the Japs are thumbing their noses at; love when that happens. Saw Atacama Desert mentioned in something I read once too. DICE teaches me geography!

Cool Pro Tip:

http://imgur.com/a/i1kHv

(Failed to embed dunno if because an album or the new board software)

And there is this too:

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 9, 2013
  8. natr0n

natr0n

Thanks Received:
    http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/forum/threadview/2955065670201033581/

EDIT:
    Inserted mention of the "Shot behind cover when changing stance" fix. This was missing in the original post.

Dec 9 PC Game Update Notes
    Shot behind cover when changing stance

Sometimes the character stance could get into a multiple frame desync and be part of the problem where you got shot even though your character was actually behind cover. This would mostly affect players doing transitions into crouch and prone as well as moving when crouched. The impact was smaller in a standing stance. This bug fix eliminates this particular desync issue.

We have also increased the camera height when crouching and moving to more accurately reflect the actual height of your soldier in that stance (the first person camera was too low when crouching and moving, resulting in that you had a poor representation of how much of your soldier that was actually out of cover.)

-Fixed one of the most frequently occurring client crashes
    -Fixed broken collision on containers with open doors. The bug previously made grenades bounce back even though the doors were open.
    -Fixed a bug in Defuse mode where defenders could win the round by killing all the attackers without disarming the bomb, if the bomb was disarmed in the previous round.
    -Miscellaneous stability fixes further reducing the number of client crashes
    -Fixed side gunner jitter when aiming in attack boats & transport helicopters
    -Fixed some instances of frame rate drops when shooting at large Levolution objects after they have been destroyed (like the radar dish on Rogue Transmission)
    -Fixed broken aiming for passengers on the China Rising dirt bike
    -Fixed a bug where the sound when capturing a flag was not playing correctly
    -Removed a bug that would double save during MP round transition and SP level transition. This fix will reduce the occurrence of corrupted save files.

btw...It's an 888 MB update

1Kurgan1 says thanks.
  9. MT Alex

MT Alex

Thanks Received:
    Nice, I didn't know that this was in the works. Downloading now.

10. GullyFoyle

GullyFoyle

Thanks Received:
    MP1st - Rumor - (New battlefield spin-off in development at Visceral Games (can't see the whole link on my Iphone/twitter. --Gully)

Last edited: Dec 9, 2013
  11. MxPhenom 216

Thanks Received:
    New update seems pretty good. I haven't crashed yet, actually haven't for the past few days.

12. Octopuss

Octopuss

Thanks Received:
    Do you people have any commonly player servers or something?

13. boise49ers

boise49ers

Thanks Received:
    Not sure, but if I find one with a low ping and not loaded with clans and elitist's I put it in my Favorites. I have been on
    some servers where they are clanned and you can tell they are all using TS because of how organized they are and they are just frustrating
    to even play on. That takes the fun out of it. I'm sure people going against a squad of the top TPUers get equally frustrated.
    It is great when you are on the side of one of those squad and even better when you are in one, but not at all if you are on
    the outside looking in. No fun at all:D
    PS: If you want to join a good team though friend Dave, MM, Phenom, MTAlex, Brandon,Gunny. If you get a squad stacked with those guy's you are going to get extra points for sure. Then just join them when you see them on. Just hope you don't get put on the other team or your gonna get sliced and diced. If Gunny is your squad leader it is just like being in the service. He is really good at directing the squad and uses military lingo to boot. I have my best matches when I'm on his squad. Maybe TMI , but it could lead to you having some great rounds. You'll have to search out their battlelog names. I can't remember them all. Maybe they will jump on here and leave them for you.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2013
  14. Wrigleyvillain

Thanks Received:
  15. mastrdrver

mastrdrver

Thanks Received:
    Was there ever a date set for the Second Assault DLC?

I thought I had read it was going to come out 3 days after China Rising, but now I can't find anything that's not about XB1.

16. MxPhenom 216

Thanks Received:
    Pretty sure everything has been pushed back. EA gave the ultimatem, saying DICE has stopped all current projects till Bf4s current state is improved. bugs, crashes, lag, etc.

mastrdrver says thanks.
  17. THE_EGG

THE_EGG

Thanks Received:
    I thought second assault DLC was meant to come out in mid-Dec sometime for premium players. Anyways, I'd prefer the game to be more stable for people. I run it ok with only a few crashes when changes maps but nothing annoying anymore which is nice.

18. natr0n

natr0n

Thanks Received:
    Played a bunch of games today no crashing. knock on wood.
    :D

19. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    Really doubt this. They had said the only reason China Rising landed so soon is because it was basically already wrapped up. And we just got that like a week ago, to see another DLC in the same month, even if everything in the game was working perfectly I would doubt almost completely since the games barely been out over a month in total.

20. Octopuss

Octopuss

Thanks Received:
    Second Assault was apparently finished maybe even before China Rising, considering Xbox owners are already playing it.

21. lyndonguitar

lyndonguitar I play games

Thanks Received:
    I wouldn't be surprised if they already finished every DLC in the game, just not revealing it yet and pretending to be "in development". I suspect they are already working on Battlefront 3 or BF5

22. Batou1986

Batou1986

Thanks Received:
    Yes one of the people I play with has this problem, its an issue with the map on certian nvidia cards

23. Wrigleyvillain

Thanks Received:
    Well different team(s) in a different location make the DLC, so...

24. Castiel

Castiel

Thanks Received:
    Is it possible to have BF4, and basically any game via Origin, installed on a different disk than what your OS is on? Like Steam.

25. MxPhenom 216

Thanks Received:
    Yep, You can even install Origin to a whole other disk other than your OS. Just in origin you set where you want your games to be installed in Options/Settings. Its not as good as Steam where when you go to install the game you choose where ever the hell you want to install, but it works.

Castiel says thanks.