1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Battlefield 4 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Games' started by TheMailMan78, Feb 19, 2013.

1. MarcusTaz

MarcusTaz

Thanks Received:
    I've been playing CODWAW, that's how bored I am, might just pick up Skyrim as well . BF4 as it is, unbalanced weapons especially the MAA is just not fun period. I can't even keep a chopper in the air for a few minutes without being shot down. The game as it is for me just plain sucks.

2. REAYTH

REAYTH

Thanks Received:
    little bird 2 engineers equals invincible

3. boise49ers

boise49ers

Thanks Received:
    You like shootin puppies ? :laugh:

4. MarcusTaz

MarcusTaz

Thanks Received:
    Well that's just it, unless you have 2 engineers that will to do that its impossible. Again the MAA is retarded overpowered. They are working on a patch now to nerf it thank goodness. Seriously it is not as fun as BF3 IMHO...

5. Hilux SSRG

Hilux SSRG

Thanks Received:
    I like the free month of battlepacks, I'll finally will be able to try out numerous attachments for the guns I've unlocked.

Kinda wish Dice create one good Rush map for BF4; hell, just remake one from BFBC2.

6. Mindweaver

Mindweaver Moderato®™ Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Somebody jump in a game and i'll join in

Crunching for Team TPU
  7. MxPhenom 216

MxPhenom 216 Corsair Fanboy

Thanks Received:
    Ive been replaying through Metro 2033, then going to play Metro Last Light for the first time since i got it a year ago.

Battlefield will be taking the back seat for a while.

8. HammerON

HammerON The Watchful Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Let's watch the cussing folks. I have edited some posts...
    Warnings coming next.

Mindweaver says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  9. Wrigleyvillain

Wrigleyvillain PTFO or GTFO

Thanks Received:
    I could not really get into Metro 2033. Thankfully I got it free. That's a good example of something I did not play until years after release. Both Witchers are another. Waiting to play the second until I have more GPU power and can use the extreme mode or whatever its called. To me it looked kind of grainy without that on.

I am happy to have the Battle Packs too I suppose but it really doesn't make up for anything.

10. FX-GMC

FX-GMC

Thanks Received:
    Teh ubersampling. I didn't/still don't have the horsepower to play the game with that on. Looked good to me without it tho.

11. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    The problem is it is extremely hard to balance anti air and air. Beacuse if Air is too good it becomes impossible to shoot down And if AA is too good it becomes impossible to shoot anything down. And the big issue with that is I don't think there is a middleground, mostly because of the locking system. Either the Cooldown is too long or too short, there really isn't a middleground for it. Removing the capability of the LB to have 2 Engineers would make balancing easier. But as it sits, even with the "OP MAA" as you call it, it's basically impossible to shoot that damn thing down, even with constant fire on it and using lock on missles, unless they flip it, which that also is being nerfed.

12. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    Reayth and I kept a Lil' Bird up in the air an entire round. I was flying and he was an engineer. I got a second engineer and was flying over the enemy cap. Man Ive never heard my mother was such a whore from so many people in all my life. I had no idea she was so loose! Also apparently I hack because what we were doing was impossible. Personally I loved it. Epic lulz.

Had another instance were an admin signed in. Got on my team and killed me via console because no one would take me out in the AA. Erocker, Cadaveca and Reayth were witness to that one. I felt.........pride. The "god" of that server had to personally come in a smite me to stop the carnage I was bringing.

Haters gonna HATE!

13. broken pixel

broken pixel

Thanks Received:

Mantle is being delayed by AMD because BF4 is still being fixed by DICE. EA released BF4 early and was a big mistake.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2014
  14. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    So the new DLC is expected by the end of February. Anyone think there will be a delay?

15. HammerON

HammerON The Watchful Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Thread cleansed of nonesense.

cadaveca says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  16. Octopuss

Octopuss

Thanks Received:
    What, people really do that?? I read a few funny stories over the years, but always thought people either made them up or were exaggerating.

17. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    No sir. Not in this case. I have witnesses. It was truly amazing. OMG did we (Deez Nutz) troll them in the next round too because if I remember correctly even when the Admin killed me I finished in first. Ill see if I can find the battle report.

18. cadaveca

cadaveca My name is Dave

Thanks Received:
    It does happen, and when server admins feel the game is unbalanced with whatever the "offending" player is using, kicks are quite common.

I'm not sure why these balance issues are things people complain about anyway, really. Life's not fair...so to me, games don't need to be either. I like BF4, just as is. I don't have any connection issues, problems with "hackers", or balance complaints. I'm a bit bored of the maps, and would like some new ones, however. There have ALWAYS been certain weapon combos that are "overpowered".

19. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
  20. MxPhenom 216

MxPhenom 216 Corsair Fanboy

Thanks Received:
    Its not being delayed by AMD. They already have drivers coming out soon that have Mantle support. Its EA/DICE that are delaying the Mantle update for their game, because they are still trying to fix it, and are currently working on a big gameplay balancing patch.

21. MT Alex

MT Alex

Thanks Received:
  22. boise49ers

boise49ers

Thanks Received:
    You'd think MM would know better then to get on a Yankee server, he's known all over the North :roll:

23. natr0n

natr0n

Thanks Received:
  24. Eroticus

Eroticus

Thanks Received:
  25. broken pixel

broken pixel

Thanks Received:
    No hope for the CPU spikes for me & it happens with a single GPU and when crossfire is enabled. The spikes happen every 10- 30 sec and most of the time when it happens I get killed if a bad guy is around.
    bf4_cpu_spikes.jpg

Radhika
    I see. And, yes, there is a Tier 2 Support available. And I guess, I should escalate your case to our higher ups only. I'd need some information from your end like DX-diag and MS Info. I'll forward the case to our higher ups and your issue will be looked into. What say?

Last edited: Jan 30, 2014