1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Battlefield 4 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Games' started by TheMailMan78, Feb 19, 2013.

1. skydanny

skydanny New Member

Thanks Received:
    Battlefield 4
    It is life's change agent. I think it's wonderful.

2. THE_EGG

THE_EGG

Thanks Received:
    k

Also does anyone know when the expansion pack will be released?

3. Vario

Vario

Thanks Received:
    I think Raven Shield prevented it, its been a few years since I last played it though so maybe I am thinking of something else.

4. Lopez0101

Thanks Received:
    Did Raven Shield even have prone? Wait, I suppose it did, yeah. I had 56k back then though, not much MP for me, haha.

5. Wrigleyvillain

Wrigleyvillain PTFO or GTFO

Thanks Received:
    Guess I've only noticed the 'foot though wall' on Battlefield games...

6. mastrdrver

mastrdrver

Thanks Received:
    The dog tags come out next Tuesday. I can't remember how earlier the dog tags normally come out before the DLC gets released. We just got the weapons in CTE the other day and they're wanting us to mess with them and give them feedback. The Bulldog is nasty how it is right now. Has the higher damage model for the assault rifles and fires faster then the Scar-H at 700 rpm (according to the in game stats). I think they need to increase the base spread a little because right now with the ergo grip it's a laser beam at distance (50-100m). The new PDW is real nice and easy to handle for how fast it fires. Think of it like a faster firing PDW. Deagle is awesome just because of the sound. Everyone is going to be running around with it, I'm sure of it, when the DLC gets released. Seems easy to aim and hit targets with too.

THE_EGG says thanks.
  7. Champ

Champ

Thanks Received:
    So i just played against my first hacker. Well, that was pointed out to me. He was in my squad and everyone was talking about how easily he was killing people thru wall and over long distances. So I go one youtube to see exact was that hacking looked like and holy crap. I didn't realize it happens all the time. I cant tell you the times I've been killed around corners, across the map and in the face off situations I always mention. I see why now. I constantly spectate matches with players better than me (like 120s if possible) and they are the main ones cheating. Automatically spotting and one man squad killers. I always thought they were just that good. I guess that why I do better in Hardline, it hasn't got there yet

8. mastrdrver

mastrdrver

Thanks Received:
    Watch some of XFactor's newer videos and you'll see why everyone will be using the Deagle initially when this DLC comes out. Pistol only servers will become Deagle only servers.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2014
  9. Animalpak

Animalpak

Thanks Received:
    I ve been playing in a 48 server 1000 TK server and somebody reset the server just after the game finished we are about to see our scores

It was an admin im pretty sure he reset the server.

I had 14 000+ points...

I want to say very bad words but i cant, i cant go wherever is that douchebag and punch him in the face.

10. Spaceman Spiff

Spaceman Spiff

Thanks Received:
    PBbans is on fire right now. The server i was in was banning someone every 20-30 seconds constantly. I think there may have been an update to finally catch some of these @$$holes with the newer hacks.

Ban em all!!

MxPhenom 216 says thanks.
  11. mastrdrver

mastrdrver

Thanks Received:
    Any one got comments on the new CTE initiative: revamping Rush?

They're starting with Zavod and Shanghai. Also they're messing with suppression and I'm actually liking it. I'm not sure if there is a youtube video on it. Instead of the blurred vision that currently happens, they've changed it out with a huge increase in the Vignette effect where you basically go tunnel vision when fully suppressed. I'll just quote the DICE post from the CTE forums:

Do you have a link to the server?

I really doubt an admin restarted the server (at least on PC). Was more likely a server crash. If it was the other night when DICE was taking down Battlelog for a while, that will cause the server to "crash" also. I've had that happen once to me.

When we had our own server, there was only once when I reset the server on purpose. I was by myself trying to get the server going and ended up with 4 stat padders in our server. I was just using them until the server got populated and then I was going to ban them. Well, I started messing with them and trying to mess up their padding efforts. They all turned on me at once, and mainly since the server had not started to take off yet, I restarted the server so all their effort was lost.

Did they update PB today? What you saw was just probably the stream or maybe that's what you were saying.

Animalpak says thanks.
  12. natr0n

natr0n

Thanks Received:
  13. mastrdrver

mastrdrver

Thanks Received:
    For those like me who like flying jets, here's the new stall mechanic (not my video):

14. MxPhenom 216

MxPhenom 216 Corsair Fanboy

Thanks Received:
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2014
  15. broken pixel

broken pixel

Thanks Received:
    That was a bug, it was posted on the BF4 servers page.

"WE ARE INVESTIGATING A RECENT UNWARRANTED PUNKBUSTER BAN. WE ARE WORKING TO RESOLVE THE ISSUE AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. THANK YOU FOR YOUR PATIENCE."

Last edited: Jun 21, 2014
  16. mastrdrver

mastrdrver

Thanks Received:
    First, does any one have a recommendations on a good Rush server? I like to switch back and forth when we're testing things on CTE. Right now they're reworking Rush and I'd like to be able to play in on the retail version but can't seem to find any Rush servers (other then the TBG server). Thanks in advance.

Secondly, I'm just going to leave a link because the post is very long and well written that to just report or quote would not do the justice needed for what is written.

Fixing the problem of visual recoil, why DICE did what they did.

Here's a video showing contrasting the two. They're still working on the rendering of the sight ridicule, so this is not the final form:

17. Animalpak

Animalpak

Thanks Received:
    I just downloaded BF3 BF4 because is started to piss me off and im waiting for the next DLC release cuz the maps becomes boring for me right now.

Here Are 3:00 AM and in almost all European BF3 servers there are people who still play and i talk about well-populated servers !!!

Instead BF4 servers are often empty at this hours and only during daylight hours you can play.

To me this thing is shocking and makes me realize how BF4 was a flop !!

Long life to BF3 !!!

18. mastrdrver

mastrdrver

Thanks Received:
    No, that's because BF3 went free to own for about a week. Before that you'd run in to the same situation (I'm sure,) that BF4 is for you. According to BF3 stats, there was less than 10k people playing on PC (at peak, per day) before it went free for a week. I was thinking about getting a sever, but had concerns about how long the hype would last. While the numbers are not back to their previous numbers, they're still pretty low compared to how it was for about two weeks (according to BF3 stats, the peak was over 100k on PC playing, daily).

Last edited: Jun 25, 2014
  19. THE_EGG

THE_EGG

Thanks Received:
    Hey guys have any of you run into the 'white screen while loading' thing? And then the game crashes? I'm not sure how it has happened to me since there was no update to BF4 but I think the culprit for me was MSI Afterburner because when that is closed the game runs great but if I have it open, the game just white screens and then crashes. Afterburner had an update so that is my guess as to why it is happening.

20. Hilux SSRG

Hilux SSRG

Thanks Received:
    It's not just you, it has been happening to me more frequently since the last patch when DICE introduced the high frequency slider.

I must say after playing a bit, I don't like BF4 the "minor uptick/high frequency" rolled out recently. Still don't care for what it was before, anyone else feel that it hasn't made any difference?

21. THE_EGG

THE_EGG

Thanks Received:
    I've gone back to having it turned off. I found I would get more rubber banding with it on low, med or high (high was definitely the worst) than having it turned off but I would get killed less when I'd run into cover so that was the trade-off I guess. Personally I prefer to be killed randomly than having a stuttery gameplay.

22. MxPhenom 216

MxPhenom 216 Corsair Fanboy

Thanks Received:
    Makes a pretty big difference IMO if you are using the right setting. I haven't had a single issue with the game, other than a few crashes but that was during the time I was overclocking my CPU and using BF4 to test it.

23. Hilux SSRG

Hilux SSRG

Thanks Received:
    Trying all three settings is definitely a must, and I have but I don't like it unfortunately.

I can "feel" the game responding faster when I get into the higher uptick "bubble" with another player on the opposing team. Still feels like a jerky transmission that speeds you up then slows you down.

I think I would prefer the uptick consistently applied throughout the match, regardless if I am near an opponent.

24. mastrdrver

mastrdrver

Thanks Received:
    The way they're talking, the next game patch will automate the high frequency setting for you, like it is in BFH.

The other thing that will help with the netcode feel will be the change with respect to visual recoil. I'm hitting a lot more shots now that I don't have to be concerned about whether my red dot is trust worthy or not. Check my previous post for a comparison video showing what it's like in retail BF4 and what we have currently in CTE.

25. THE_EGG

THE_EGG

Thanks Received:
    Had some really good games today and yesterday. Have to admit, I'm actually enjoying it a lot. Could be also attributed from finishing end of semester exams a couple of days ago though.

Had this real close one yesterday.
    [​IMG]