1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Battlefield 4 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Games' started by TheMailMan78, Feb 19, 2013.

1. mastrdrver

mastrdrver

Thanks Received:
    Another CTE patch. Here are the notes for those of you not in it. Also if you want a video of something or have a question, ask away.

Prioritize your revives, Triage system:

2. Hilux SSRG

Hilux SSRG

Thanks Received:
    Thanks for the notes and video of the triage system.

Looks like a good system that a player? recommended and I hope it rolls out in a future patch. Maybe I'm still ticked with the launch and post support of BF4 but it feels like a version of the "triage system" could have been discovered and implemented by Dice either during the design phase or the {non-existent] QA testing phase.
  3. mastrdrver

mastrdrver

Thanks Received:
    BF4's launch has burned me bad on preordering to the point it will probably be a long time before I preorder any game. While I think it's important to remember these things, at the same time, dwelling on the past does not fix the future. Will DICE learn from BF4s mistakes? Only time will tell, but I do know that the LA side of DICE is actually doing something about the problem that still is BF4, and while it's taking a while for the things in CTE to be polished, tiggr who seems to be the head of CTE is doing the one thing right that DICE has not done for almost all of BF4, make sure the patch does not break more things. I think DICE LA wants to fix things and the only way to fix them fast without adding more bugs is exactly why CTE is there. For all DICE has done wrong in BF4's life so far, this is by far one of the best decisions that has been made (in my opinion).

Most all of this stuff is not going to make it in the Dragon Teeth patch. The talk is a patch about 2 weeks after the release of DT. One of the things that I hope makes it in the DT patch or the one that comes about 2 weeks later is a fix for the field upgrades. They just put out another patch for CTE this evening (2nd this week), and the patch notes says that it fixes the field upgrade issues.

CTE should be open again it any one is interested. Only requirements is that you have to have Premium and be on PC.

I'll leave a video Jack Frags released today that goes over some of the bigger changes that have been going on recently in CTE. Just to note, when he is talking about the MCOMs have to be blown up in order in Obliteration, that only applies to the new Obliteration small that's designed for competitive purposes (think 5v5). Just in case you might think he's talking about DICE changing the way Obliteration currently is in the retail BF4.

Again, if any one has questions or wants me to make a video showing something, let me know. I'd be more than happy to oblige.

broken pixel, Hilux SSRG and MT Alex say thanks.
  4. boise49ers

boise49ers

Thanks Received:
    No kidding, after this game I won't. I love BFHL is advertising pre-order today. Yeah right !
  5. Batou1986

Batou1986

Thanks Received:
    My thoughts exactly, all of these things in the CTE should have been in BF4 at launch or soon after not 8 months later
    The sights not accurately reflecting the recoil of the gun has been one of my pet peeves about the game since BF3
  6. mastrdrver

mastrdrver

Thanks Received:
    jjju has already confirmed that UI sizing is coming in the patch tomorrow. It's really the sizing that I think is the problem not so much the transparency. I got to say that I don't know how much retail BF4 I'm going to be playing as long as CTE is around. Any way, here's a video from X showing and talking about the transparency options for the 3P stuff that is currently in CTE.

They're still messing with Rush lay outs and mcom placements. I think it plays much better. I've played a little rush on retail BF4 and every time I'm defending I feel like I get steam rolled. Not so much any more.

edit:
    Really love this guys channel. Probably because he goes in to some detail about things in this game. He just did one today about which BF has the best netcode. Worth the watch.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2014
    Vario, MT Alex, chevy350 and 2 others say thanks.
  7. MT Alex

MT Alex

Thanks Received:
    I share your sentiment, but there is always so few people playing and such a small choice of servers I end up having to play the retail. Most days there are only a handful of people in the US playing, which I have a hard time comprehending.
  8. broken pixel

broken pixel

Thanks Received:
    No hardcore in CTE means retail for me since HC is the only way to play IMO.
    cadaveca and Vario say thanks.
  9. mastrdrver

mastrdrver

Thanks Received:
    Is it the lower ttk that you prefer in Hardcore?

There are Hardcore servers in CTE, it's just very, very few people who are in CTE like Hardcore.

There have been several times that I've played in a server where there never was more than 10 or so players. Maybe it's the testing aspect that draws me to CTE more than retail BF4 as I do not seem to care how few there are in the server. Either that, or having my own server and trying to get it started (by sitting idle for long periods of time) has worn me down on how populated a server is or is not. With all that said, I have noticed since BFH beta stopped that CTE appears to be populated a more than before. I've also noticed that the US servers are usually full on the weekends.

I seem to get a decent connection to Europe (~130 ping) so I'll usually play either there or the US servers. An example being this morning I was playing until about 3PM on the NL server.

For any one interested, I just had a friend sign up for CTE today so the sign ups are still open at the moment.
  10. boise49ers

boise49ers

Thanks Received:
    Shit the regular servers aren't that populated either. Damn shame.
  11. Octopuss

Octopuss

Thanks Received:
    I haven't played since november, but all those news look really promising.
    The only puzzling part is why in the bloody hell didn't they have a test server(s) from the very beginning. Just, WTF? So much shit could have been avoided.
  12. MxPhenom 216

MxPhenom 216 Corsair Fanboy

Thanks Received:
    Getting a 1.03GB update right now. Not sure what it is for. Nothing on Battlelog says anything about an update today, and I know the new DLC isn't out yet.
  13. Hilux SSRG

Hilux SSRG

Thanks Received:
    I truly think they had really, really poor QA work done. And they rushed the product out disregarding the broken game.
  14. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    Cool our beta testing has paid off!
  15. MxPhenom 216

Thanks Received:
    You must be in bed with erocker lately.
    MT Alex says thanks.
  16. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    How that new expansion going for ya?
  17. FreedomEclipse

FreedomEclipse ~Technological Technocrat~

Thanks Received:
    Only can EA make you pay $100 just to beta test the game for them.

I hear that CTE is only open to those who paid for premium which is a little retarded to say the least. Did the players who only bought the base game not pay for a BF4 title??? They're in the same boat as everyone else regardless of premium membership and theres probably a lot more non-premium players then there are premium players, and more players = more feedback = better end result (so long as they listen)

Its not like CTE is an entirely new game expansion like china rising or something. Why lock them out because they didnt stump up $100 for the complete BF4 experience?? Im sure there must be millions of people out there that only bought the base game once it got discounted on a grey market website after hearing how broken the game was at launch and how buggy it still is even 9-10 months after its initial launch
  18. MxPhenom 216

Thanks Received:
    I am not even sure what you are talking about...............

July 8th (Today) patch Notes:

19. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    He keeps me warm. Unlike being in bed with ignorance. That's no fun at all. :(
  20. mastrdrver

mastrdrver

Thanks Received:
    Didn't think that the FUBar fix was going to make it in this patch.
  21. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    Its been so long since the last expansion you forgot they still owe us two more?
  22. Hilux SSRG

Hilux SSRG

Thanks Received:
    It's like a whole new game with the double tap forward to sprint (when on foot) fix!! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I'm thinking that option was already in BFBC2.
  23. MxPhenom 216

Thanks Received:
    I don't give a fuck when an expansion is going to be out. How about that?
  24. mastrdrver

mastrdrver

Thanks Received:
    Does any one know of a good setting for recording with MSI Afterburner? The audio is always fine, but the video either stutters or freezes for a few seconds constantly (like a slide show). I've even tried recording to my SSD but that did not help. I do not have this problem with BF3 so I'm a bit stumped.

Yea BC2, the game where you couldn't strafe while running. Got to play that game this past weekend. I'd much rather play the "mess" that is BF4 then BC2 any day.
  25. THE_EGG

THE_EGG

Thanks Received:
    These are the settings I use; afterburner video capture settings.jpg

I haven't played BF4 with the recent update yet but the previous update killed my afterburner for some reason. I couldn't have it running in the background while playing BF4. Nvidia inspector worked fine in the background though which was odd.

Also I prefer BC2 but that's just me. For me, BFBC2 in hardcore mode is the most fun FPS I have played ever. I could play that for hours and hours without getting bored.
    mastrdrver says thanks.