1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Battlefield 4 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Games' started by TheMailMan78, Feb 19, 2013.

1. Wrigleyvillain

Wrigleyvillain PTFO or GTFO

Thanks Received:
    Oh yeah...

2. H82LUZ73

H82LUZ73

Thanks Received:
    I know (I`m one stubborn Canadian) and Bf3 was not too long ago also ,I have to try it and besides its only 4.4 gig download........But Win7 is ready to install after also ......

As for the Closed Alpha testing ...I am not sure why i have an invite to be honest..I think that it has something to do with so many of us with access to the beta from being BF3 Premium players that they decided to split us up into groups on random for the testing,Maybe this 2 weeks will be Alpha test then the pre beta test goes to the others and so on until its beta that all of us get it for 2 weeks before they open it to all non BF3 players.

3. Jetster

Jetster

Thanks Received:

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2013
  4. vawrvawerawe

Thanks Received:
    I just bought BF3 on the $5 deal with origin. When will BF4 come out?

5. Wrigleyvillain

Thanks Received:
    In the Fall.

vawrvawerawe says thanks.
  6. Castiel

Castiel

Thanks Received:
    I know there isn't a lot of information atm about BF4, and not a lot of video's, but is there much of an expansion to the classes that are available? Much like another class or more options to customize the class? I find after a while just the simple camo changes are annoying.

7. boise49ers

boise49ers

Thanks Received:
    The only other class if it can be called that is Commander. They do switch things up little differently then BF3 with kits, but that is about it. There is probably more information out there then you think on it. If you are a Battlelog member they have all the latest or just frequent this thread. Gully puts up all the latest and greatest info:peace:

GullyFoyle says thanks.
  8. GullyFoyle

GullyFoyle

Thanks Received:
    they are using the same 4 classes from BF3. actually, it more of a throw-back to bad company 2. Recon class gets back the C4, and sensor balls make a return. I believe medic class gets the LMG's and gets to choose between medic packs (defensive) and ammo crates(Offensive).

9. Wrigleyvillain

Thanks Received:
    Ah, interesting, did not know those details. Anything to make Recon more "forward" works for me...not to say that the average person played it that way in BC2.

10. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    If they made those changes to the classes I would be so happy. The Recon ball promoted CQ play (using the VSS was my favorite). BF3 Recon kit just lacks CQ capability even with weapon swaps, unless you want to sit in a small area on TDM with the motion sensor down. And I did enjoy the Medic in BC2 a lot more, taking the health pack away from the fastest TTK guns in the game is going to help balance that out a bit.

But seeing mention of that Recon change, I truly hope to see a Spawn Becon change, whoever at DICE had the genius idea of parachuting in needs to be drug out into the street and shot (maybe a bit over zealous here). All that does is promote camping, and it shows since they disable parachute on specific maps. They shouldn't have to tweak something on a per map basis or something is wrong.

11. TheLaughingMan

TheLaughingMan

Thanks Received:
    I don't think that is correct. If you jump to about 13:30 and watch the guy running on the ground you will see he is Assault. He has the med kit and a First Aid Kit. I am not sure about the difference there.
    Support still has the LMGs and ammo. Assault is still the medic. Recon got C4 back. And there is going to be so many new configurations now.

E3 Battlefield 4 pre-alpha multiplayer gameplay HD...

And this guy breaks down three kits.

Battlefield 4 Multiplayer Kit Loadouts! - New Weap...

And after some searching, check on LvlCap's videos. He provides details about everything available in the pre-alpha from accessories, guns they were using, attachments, customization, etc. Lots and lots of info.

Scope glit will be in BF4, Carbines are now universal weapons, PDWs are exclusive to Engi, shotguns stay universal, we will have options for everything including new grenades and different knifes (a shank in addition to normal knife so far).

We get back the bar descriptions from BFBC2 in that when you mod a weapon the chart updates with the changed affect.

We got new scopes such as a 14x and 20x for Recon.

Support gets the rapid fire, multi-shot grenade launchers from the Single player preview.

Oh and camo for everything

Last edited: Jun 19, 2013
  12. boise49ers

boise49ers

Thanks Received:
    Yeah I have 313 hrs in and haven't even got one service star in Recon. Hate the class whether I'm playing it or fighting against it. On Canals last night 3 guys just laid on the Crane and sniped the whole fucking round. I picked them off a few times , but they were good at ducking in coming rounds. Makes for a long round when every time you run in the open at all they lay into you. Oh well I'm sure when I run nothing but Shottie the boys in the crate area hate my ass too:roll::roll::roll: Though I did run the M416 last night, that gun still amazes me when I haven't played with it for awhile. Glad to see they are incorporating some BFBC2 into BF4. I find myself playing it a couple times a week lately.

13. GullyFoyle

GullyFoyle

Thanks Received:
    There is a fix floating around to get the BF4 Alpha running on Windows 8 that esssentially boils down to "Disable punkbuster".

14. GullyFoyle

GullyFoyle

Thanks Received:
    Parachute was not disabled on a per-map basis, if the spawn beacon is under a roof, you spawn on the ground; that was the difference...

15. Wrigleyvillain

Thanks Received:
    See? Kick that tired old shit to the curb already!

Always wondered what this diff was. Still a little surprised they don't have you still parachute in this case as it's not like you usually landed right on the beacon anyway. Obviously, I prefer the ground spawn too.

16. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    Go try the spawn beacon on Aftermath or End Game maps, I wasn't just talking about the Vanilla game. They built the spawn beacon thinking it was fine for those maps, but realized it created too many easy camping scenarios on some of the DLC maps.

17. GullyFoyle

GullyFoyle

Thanks Received:
  18. GullyFoyle

GullyFoyle

Thanks Received:
    I play the end game maps all of the time with my ctf buddies, and I know I have parachuted in when the spawn beacon is planted in a open field. is there one map in particular where you are sure parachuting is disabled?

19. Wrigleyvillain

Thanks Received:
    Yeah people parachute in CTF all the time. Especially noticeable when it's enemies in your spawn which happens a lot in that mode as there are no team-dictated boundaries. Perhaps they had placed the beacons in a shed or under a jump or something like that.

I would like to know the actual answer to this...

20. raptori

raptori

Thanks Received:
    Its as simple as this: parachuting from spawn beacon is disabled in every map that doesn't have air-force (Jets and choppers) in its conquest type ,regardless of the mode being played.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2013
    1Kurgan1 says thanks.
  21. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    I was thinking of Azadi, but thats Aftermath, so misspoke there. But like Raptori said, if there's no flying vehicles available on the map, no parachuting spawn beacon. But like I had originally said, per map type of thing, Azadi/Epicenter/Talah Market spawn beacons only put you on the ground (you can test if you like, but just think back and try to recall anyone parachuting on, you most likely won't be able to think of a time), the Epi/Talah may seem obvious since they are more infantry based maps, but Azadi has a good amount of vehicles. Yet Markaz spawn beacons work "normally", so it's not even uniform just with inside specific DLC packs.

22. boise49ers

boise49ers

Thanks Received:
    You ain't kidding. There are places they get that make it almost impossible to counter because they are located on top of a
    building with no access unless you get a good head shot with a sniper rifle. Aggravating as hell. Especially if you never play recon. :wtf:

23. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    It's because in BF3 bullets come from your soldiers head. So it promotes camping like that sadly.

24. boise49ers

boise49ers

Thanks Received:
    Hey check out Sizzlepants stats now Kurg. He's my offspring , but he pisses me off. Passed me with under 100 hrs. Getting my nephew up here next week he is closer to me in stats I won't feel so weak :laugh:

1Kurgan1 says thanks.
  25. MxPhenom 216

MxPhenom 216 Corsair Fanboy

Thanks Received:
    Yes, Flash bangs are coming! Been waiting for those!