1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Battlefield 4 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Games' started by TheMailMan78, Feb 19, 2013.

1. RCoon

RCoon Forum Gypsy Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Welcome to 99% of the world's online game communities.

2. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    Honestly, I don't really notice that many hackers on BF3. Now and then I come across one, and it's usually fresh profiles that are doing it (so it makes it very obvious). But I'd easily say maybe 1 person I run across a month that looks to be hacking (and thats also going off stats not just ingame actions), and thats at max. There is not a ton of people hacking out there, yes they around out there, but it's not that abundant.

3. natr0n

natr0n

Thanks Received:
    I play on metro 24/7 servers on conquest mostly.They're almost always on those servers exclusively it seems from what I have seen. I guess I need to play on new maps.:laugh:

4. Wrigleyvillain

Wrigleyvillain PTFO or GTFO

Thanks Received:
    I find this seriously hard to believe, to say it nicely. Not all the time at best. Again, there are too many factors in the equation, for starters. And reporting on Battlelog maybe won't do anything positive but, as I've said, calling them out on the server most certainly doesn't.

Well if this game is rife with hackers to the degree you claim I guess I have just been lucky that I've been able to play almost daily for almost two years while having a good, fun time and maintaining positive stats.

LOL. Nate, you're a nice guy and all but sometimes you're really not the sharpest crayon in the box. If you want to play with hackers and COD idiots, Metro is your map. It's practically a different game from what I play.

5. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    Weird, thats the one map that it's not even required, sit on a corner with a health box and paddles out, don't even need to shoot your gun and you can be a 600 - 650 spm player if you are good at surviving.

6. Wrigleyvillain

Thanks Received:
    You make a good point but that doesn't seem to matter to them.

7. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    I get accused of hacking all the time when I play. Normally by people with 500+ hours who still suck at the game.

8. brandonwh64

brandonwh64 Addicted to Bacon and StarCrunches!!!

Thanks Received:
    Life hacking is what you do!

Crunching for Team TPU
  9. Wrigleyvillain

Thanks Received:
    This has only happened to me once on a total BS kill I got where I could feel the lag as soon as we encountered one another. Dude unloaded on me without much effect (though I was also trying to dodge) and I did the same with 51 P90 rounds finally killing him when almost empty.

Which was exactly one of my main points originally--people always jump to the hacking conclusion first and foremost.

10. FreedomEclipse

FreedomEclipse ~Technological Technocrat~

Thanks Received:
    Late to the conversation, but i feel sad for the community when everyone see's a blatant hacker or botter on their server but dont vote to kick or bann him and the people who cry and whine about it are the people on the receiving end while the other team dont care because hes helping them win the game and thats the the shitty state this community has driven itself into - tools who care more about stats and K/D ratios then keeping the game free from cheaters.

Unlike CoD which doesnt give you the tools to kick hackers and botters Battlefield has always had it but people no longer use it. when a votekick/bann is initiated to get rid of a hacker who is exploiting the server rules or glitches in the game and people dont care to vote so do nothing. Them people are as bad as the tools that are using the malicious hacks, It might not affect them directly because they are on the same team as the hacker but they are quick to cry foul if the shoe was on the other foot.

Players need to all do their bit to keep the game free from hackers.

11. crazyeyesreaper

crazyeyesreaper Chief Broken Rig

Thanks Received:
    that and votekick ban et c has to be enabled on a server lots of servers it doesnt work,

12. Wrigleyvillain

Thanks Received:
    This is true and all well and good but the problem is, as I've said from the beginning here, we are not really talking about the blatant ones (seen one time in two years personally btw) and everybody thinks they can always spot a hacker and throws that accusation around at the drop of the hat. If Nate was "calling out" some dude who is 70-1 and killing like the whole team with a single click then I am sure other players would not "turn on him" for it. Others players like me have just learned to ignore "the butthurt guy apparently getting owned" which is what I just assume these days when someone cries hacker (which happens in like 80% of games). And so if/when someone is actually hacking no one is gonna believe you most of the time now anyway. And calling them out in-game is not going to make them go away anyway if in fact they are using more subtle cheats.

There have been a few people I suspected but when I look at their profiles their stats look legit and often not far off my own. If not I report (3.5 KDR, 900 SPM etc--not to say some arent that good or good at padding). All I can do.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2013
    1Kurgan1 says thanks.
  13. FreedomEclipse

FreedomEclipse ~Technological Technocrat~

Thanks Received:
    Of course I always tab out and check their profiles to see if their legit. I also send after battle reports to DICE/EA after flagging the offenders profile.

Unfortunately I dont know if they ever get banned as i never have time to follow up. I have very little time to game these days

14. boise49ers

boise49ers

Thanks Received:
    Yep my son runs a 2.45 K/D and approaching 900 ppm so he gets it all the time and he wouldn't know the first thing about how to hack.
    Some people are just good while others in their frustration at getting owned scream hack. Heck I'd have to call everybody
    hacks as they are all better then me. Well 80% any way:roll:As far as getting worked up about it I won't. It is a game and
    I do it for fun. If the idiots need to hack and feel superior by cheating then they have a lot of issues they need to work
    through and I'm not gonna let it fuck up my night.

15. Wrigleyvillain

Thanks Received:
    Nice stats. That's on console though right?

16. boise49ers

boise49ers

Thanks Received:
  17. Wrigleyvillain

Thanks Received:
    Yes that's impressive indeed. Yep some people are just super good at shit like this. Like anything else that not everyone can just naturally do.

18. boise49ers

boise49ers

Thanks Received:
  19. GullyFoyle

GullyFoyle

Thanks Received:
    lookinging forward to the beta now...I really only had a few hours in the alpha due to the hours it was scheduled

20. boise49ers

boise49ers

Thanks Received:
    110 and living in a Mountain State, Ugh ! I'm sure you're cooking over in Montana too aren't you Alex ?
    Sorry I know that isn't on topic, though I had a killer round on Caspian Border last night with the nephew.
    Our squad were the top 3 MVP's and my nephew beat me by 8 points for the 2 spot. Fun round though.
    He has always played Xbox so it was the 1st time he got to see the Tower fall.
    http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/battlereport/show/1/64712275/226296747/

21. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    When the hell is this thread going back to the clubhouse where it belongs?

22. MT Alex

MT Alex

Thanks Received:
    I think the powers that be are waiting for Idaho's post count to reach 1000 before they doom this thread to the clubhouse section - that's where the monkeys will take over.

23. EarthDog

EarthDog

Thanks Received:
    I want to know how he gets such a ppm.. I mean I bust my hump run to flags, know where choke points/action is and still manage 450...Granted, I'm not good (K/D 1:1), but still... to double my point output is tremendous I feel!

24. Castiel

Castiel

Thanks Received:
    Doesn't BF3 premium members get BF4 beta access?

25. GullyFoyle

GullyFoyle

Thanks Received:
    yes