1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Battlefield 4 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Games' started by TheMailMan78, Feb 19, 2013.

1. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    Is this like watching the Wizard of Oz and playing Dark Side of the Moon?
  2. Black Haru

Black Haru

Thanks Received:
    yes but harder and less rewarding. its so unlikely they couldn't produce it in game. they had to rip the audio files to find it. the dev who hinted it told them there was only around a 1 in 2000 chance even if you get all the criteria right.
  3. DannibusX

DannibusX

Thanks Received:
    I'm gonna be playing some BF3 this weekend. I need to get over my controller complex. I do much better playing with my XB360 gamepad than I do with M/KB. Maybe I've been playing consoles too much lately.
  4. GullyFoyle

GullyFoyle

Thanks Received:
    NeoGaf - New Battlefield 4 Details

5. FreedomEclipse

FreedomEclipse ~Technological Technocrat~

Thanks Received:
    Operation Metro DLC? Oh so they are making us pay for a map we already own?

Nice one EA/DICE
  6. Wrigleyvillain

Wrigleyvillain PTFO or GTFO

Thanks Received:
    Yes, apparently. Is it time for an intervention? :p
  7. cadaveca

cadaveca My name is Dave

Thanks Received:
    Crazyeyesreaper and I tried to "intervene" and help ya out on the EVGA server last night, I ended up taking the top score a couple rounds in a row. Let's do it again!:rockout:
  8. mastrdrver

mastrdrver

Thanks Received:
    Just because Metro is the most played map on servers (see Metro only servers) does not make it the most popular. People play it to unlock attachments on weapons, not because they love playing that stupid map.

Some, like myself, would rather play Metro Conquest then spend one more second playing TDM on Canals.

On another topic, it's encouraging to see that Siege of Shanghai is a medium sized map.
  9. Wrigleyvillain

Thanks Received:
    How do I keep missing you? I do tend to only play one round at a time though and that doesn't help.

Yeah agreed re Metro Conquest vs Canals TDM. I mean I guess I see why some people love TDM but I find the super fast pace and nonstop action gets a little overwhelming and loses the fun factor after a pretty short while.
  10. cadaveca

cadaveca My name is Dave

Thanks Received:
  11. Wrigleyvillain

Thanks Received:
    lol did not even notice. Woulda switched squads...
  12. GullyFoyle

GullyFoyle

Thanks Received:
    Blue's News - Battlefield 4 campaign details

New Battlefield Blog Post - Battlefield 4 – Campaign Details Reveal

[QUOTE]The world is on the brink of chaos, China is the tinderbox and you and your squad are the inadvertent spark that could ignite a global conflict. This is Battlefield 4. As Sergeant Daniel Recker, you play as a member of an elite group of unlikely heroes known as Tombstone squad, navigating the turmoil around you as you fight to save the final hope for peace.

In Battlefield 4, you take on the role of Sergeant Daniel Recker, member of an elite group of soldiers known as Tombstone squad. While on a mission to collect intelligence from a defecting Russian General in Baku, Azerbaijan, your squad is discovered and you must fight your way through waves of Russian troops in order to escape. Upon getting back to the USS Valkyrie, a Wasp class carrier, the intelligence you’ve retrieved confirms previous suspicions. The Chinese Admiral Chang is planning a coup in China, and if this happens, the Russians would back him up.

With this intel secure, the USS Valkyrie sets a course for Shanghai. You and Tombstone squad are sent on a covert mission into the city to extract a group of VIP’s. China is in uproar after the U.S. has been implicated in the assassination of Jin Jié, the future leader and voice for peace in China. Admiral Chang has canceled elections and martial law has been declared. As U.S. and Russian naval forces position themselves off the coast of China, and the situation quickly escalates into a stare down akin to a tinderbox waiting for a spark.

In Shanghai, protestors clash with police as the streets are filled with chaos and turmoil. Tombstone manages to find the VIP’s, among them a CIA field operative known as Laszlo W. Kovic. With him is a mysterious individual that the Chinese military has been franticly searching for. Together with Kovic you fight your way out of Shanghai and back to the Valkyrie as countless civilians flee the city, many of which are brought aboard the Valkyrie as refugees. With communications dead, the Valkyrie sets course for Singapore to rendezvous with the USS Titan and the 7th US carrier group at their last known position. As you reach Singapore you are shocked to find a horrific scene of fire and mayhem. The flagship is sunk and its fleet is eradicated, and from this point on nothing is certain.

Are you Preapred 4 Battle?
    You won’t be going alone. Here are high quality renders of the other members of Tombstone squad who you’ll be fighting alongside.
    [​IMG]
    PAC Name: Clayton Pakowski Nickname: “Pac” Age: 27 Rank: Marine Combat Lifesaver Callsign: Tombstone 4 Last seen: Operations “Fishing in Baku” and “Angry Sea”
    PAC
    Name: Clayton Pakowski
    Nickname: “Pac”
    Callsign: Tombstone 4
    [​IMG]
    IRISH Name: Kimble Graves Nickname: “Irish” Age: 32 Rank: Staff Sergeant Callsign: Tombstone 3 Last seen: Operations “Fishing in Baku” and “Angry Sea”
    IRISH
    Name: Kimble Graves
    Nickname: “Irish”
    Callsign: Tombstone 3
    Last seen: Operations “Fishing in Baku” and “Angry Sea”[/QUOTE]
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2013
  13. boise49ers

boise49ers

Thanks Received:
    1Kurgan1 says thanks.
  14. MxPhenom 216

MxPhenom 216 Corsair Fanboy

Thanks Received:
    fap fap fap fap to all this news! I can't wait for battlefield 4! :respect:
  15. Wrigleyvillain

Thanks Received:
    Ninth bullet?
  16. crazyeyesreaper

crazyeyesreaper Chief Broken Rig

Thanks Received:
    High quality render my ass lol, they forgot sub surface scattering which is possible in game but missing in this image the eyebrows look like magic marker lol. Polygon count wise everything looks good decent objects that need an organic appearance are rounded I can still see nickeling here and there but otherwise fine but. Sub-surface scattering and magic marker eyebrows seem a bit weird for a high quality render its just plain odd that its missing that key feature.
  17. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    He doesn't mean bullets as in used for guns (I thought it was a reference to one in the chamber or something that wasn't working properly in BF3 that will be fixed in BF4). He means the 9th bulleted item down on that list which is.

Wrigleyvillain says thanks.
  18. Wrigleyvillain

Thanks Received:
    Derp thanks
  19. TheLaughingMan

TheLaughingMan

Thanks Received:
    Only 3 sentences of complaints about a game you say you have no intention of playing. You can do better than that Crazy. Talk about the flat mess for the shoes that make the shoelaces look 2D. And their eyebrows are magic marker. If you look closely at Pac you will see the sharpie he used to do it.
  20. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    They look good to me. Maybe you could enjoy them more if they had them planting Christmas trees?
    MxPhenom 216 says thanks.
  21. brandonwh64

brandonwh64 Addicted to Bacon and StarCrunches!!!

Thanks Received:
    Or chili dogs!
    Crunching for Team TPU
  22. MxPhenom 216

MxPhenom 216 Corsair Fanboy

Thanks Received:
    planting chili dogs?

I was about the say the same thing. They look good to me. I am so glad I do not have an education in video game design, it would ruin games for me. Id only look at all the BS rather then actually playing the game.
  23. crazyeyesreaper

crazyeyesreaper Chief Broken Rig

Thanks Received:
    Which is why on day one when you enter into the degree field for Computer Animation they tell you if you love playing games more than you enjoy the idea of working on them, pick a different career. My professors made that abundantly clear on day 1.
  24. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    Is this the same college that has tons of lawsuits against it? Yeah I could have thought of a better person to quote.
  25. cadaveca

cadaveca My name is Dave

Thanks Received:
    Any point you pick is immediately ignored. You eats faces.

:twitch: