1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Battlefield 4 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Games' started by TheMailMan78, Feb 19, 2013.

1. Mindweaver

Mindweaver Moderato®™ Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Yea, I'm ready for beta! I just bought another 120gb SSD for my Gaming rig(i7 2600 in my specs). I also, upgraded it to Windows 8 enterprise.. (taking advantage of my Technet sub before it dies.. Damn m$) I like it so far, but I don't see any difference over my Windows 8 pro laptop... It plays BF3 great, and I hope BF4 as well. :toast:

Crunching for Team TPU
  2. boise49ers

boise49ers

Thanks Received:
    I bought my first SSD for this game:laugh: I love the boot time now.

Jetster says thanks.
  3. Jetster

Jetster

Thanks Received:

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2013
  4. Mindweaver

Thanks Received:
    Yea, I had a 60gb SSD for BF3, and I just upgraded it for a little faster and bigger 120gb SSD. :toast: and I agree the boot time is worth the price of the ssd... I just wish I had one for older BF games.. lol I can remember BF2 taking forever to load, and that's when I put it on a RAID0 array and it was worlds better.. and moving from RAID0 to a single SSD is even faster now. I've tried it on my "OCZ RevoDrive 3 X2 240GB" and it's unbelievably fast, but I use that drive for programing and Big Database testing... I'd like to pick up another one for gaming but it cost me $650 bucks and it would be cheaper just to grab another 120gb SSD and RAID0 them... Which I'll probably end up doing soon. :toast:

Crunching for Team TPU
  5. boise49ers

boise49ers

Thanks Received:
    BF2 was the worst game ever for load times. I am not a patient person and it drove me nut's.

6. Mindweaver

Thanks Received:
    :roll: hell yea :roll:

I'm ready for beta.. Does anyone know when it will start? It's got to be soon, right?

Crunching for Team TPU
  7. GullyFoyle

GullyFoyle

Thanks Received:
    Mindweaver says thanks.
  8. Wrigleyvillain

Wrigleyvillain PTFO or GTFO

Thanks Received:
    LOL yeah that shader optimization bs or whatever it was too...we all had slow ass HDDs too but still.

9. GullyFoyle

GullyFoyle

Thanks Received:
    Battlefieldo - News: BF4 Tweaked to the Core

Discussion in 'News & Updates' started by P01NTMAN, Today at 8:01 PM.
    Earlier today DICE finally posted a second thread titled, "Tweaked to the Core," as part of their blog themed "The Road to Battlefield 4." In this weeks blog post, Gameplay Designer Alan Kertz, presents the very first group shot(s) of Battlefield 4’s multiplayer kits, showing the Assault, Recon, Engineer, and Support kits from the Russian, U.S. and Chinese armies as well as the improvements and changes that were made to Battlefield 4's class system.

1)U.S.
    [​IMG]
    2) Chinese
    [​IMG]
    3)Russia
    [​IMG]
    Also, Alan Kertz goes in to more detail on how squad mobility is an absolute priority in the development of Battlefield 4, stating.

"As far as gadgets go, we’re allowing for stronger team play on the move by introducing all-new gadgets like the Portable Laser Designator, and adding new portable First Aid and Ammo Packs. These packs now allow Assault and Support players to top off a single teammate’s health or ammo on the move, while the traditional Ammo Box and Med Kit keep their stationary area heal and resupply roles. In the case of the Portable Laser Designator, it’s designed as a SOFLAM for the Recon on the run – allowing you to quickly laser designate targets without the longer setup time of a SOFLAM (with the tradeoff of not being able to deploy it and have it auto-designate targets for you.)"

Furthermore, Kertz gives players a better understanding on how the Suppression system will work in Battlefield 4, stating.

"We’re increasing the suppression effect of Light Machine Guns, exclusive to the Support kit, while other weapons are less suppressive. Additionally, we’ve decreased suppression at close range to ensure that close quarters battles always focus sharply on player skill. Besides changing the visual effects of suppression, we’re also replacing the accuracy penalty in Battlefield 3 with a scope sway effect – similar to what snipers get in Battlefield 3 while suppressed. A skilled, focused player can keep his aim on target and get hits, even while under the effects of Suppression."

Inconjuction to last weeks blog post on Field Upgrades, Kertz explains how they work. Apperently each class will have four Upgrade paths to choose from, two of them, being universal to all classes. For example, every class will have access to both the Defensive and Offensive upgrade paths. The Offensive path which starts with SPRINT. Will go through AMMO, MORE GRENADES, and REDUCED FALL. Where as the Defensive path starts with ARMOR. It will go through COVER, FLAK, and QUICK REGEN. As for class upgrades, the Assault kit has the unique Combat Medic and Grenadier paths to choose from. While the Engineer can choose between specializing in the roles of either a Mechanic or an Anti-Tank soldier. Furthermore, Kertz sates, that DICE is giving us the opportunity to vote for a special community upgrade path to be included in BF4, and here they are.

"Community Career Path 1: Shockwave
    Specializations: AMMO>ARMOR>GRENADES>SUPPRESSION
    This is the career for players who want to wreak havoc at the frontlines. Built to promote offensive play and gung-ho attitude, you’ll need all the extra AMMO you can get. ARMOR gives you that increased protection that means you could walk away from chance encounters at zero range when rounding a corner, while an added GRENADE lets you clear out enemy camps more freely. Lastly, that extra SUPPRESSION boost comes in handy when you find out you’ve run into a hornet’s nest.

Community Career Path 2: Survivor
    Specializations: REDUCED FALL>AMMO>QUICK REGEN>COVER
    Fortune favors the brave. Or in the case of the “SURVIVOR” career, fortune favors players who have bolstered their survival capabilities by picking the right specializations. REDUCED FALL means you can jump off rooftops when enemies are blasting RPG into your building, while extra AMMO always helps when trying to shoot yourself out of a pinch. QUICK REGEN means you only need a short period of time before your soldier starts to auto heal, while COVER effectively means enemy suppression will not have as much effect on your ability to return fire with accuracy.

Community Career Path 3: Shadow
    Specializations: QUICK UNSPOT>SPRINT>REDUCED FALL>STEALTH
    Inspired by the fabled shadow warriors of the Orient, the “SHADOW” career grants you the mystical powers you need to infiltrate enemy territory without being seen. Okay, not really, but it grants you some perks that accumulated will give you an edge when going behind enemy lines. QUICK UNSPOT means you’ll disappear more quickly from enemy radars when you’ve been spotted, while SPRINT lets you move quickly from cover to cover. REDUCED FALL lets you jump from your favorite hiding places without taking damage, while STEALTH grants you the ability to remain undetected when passing within range of enemy motion sensors.

Community Career Path 4: Hunter
    Specializations: ADVANCED SPOT>SPRINT>AMMO>GRENADES
    So you want to be a big game hunter? ADVANCED SPOT grants you the ability to have targets spotted for extended periods of time – they can run, but they can’t hide. While they’re cowering behind cover thinking that they’ve escaped detection, SPRINT up to them and use your extra AMMO and GRENADE to flush them out! Sometimes, playing Battlefield is almost too easy."

Remember to cast your vote no later than August 22 so DICE can implement the necessary changes in time for launch. You'll also find a full list of squad specializations and their abilities at the end of the article. Which you can find under the "Plan Your Career" header.

Alright thats it for me gamers, and for those of you interested in voting, place your votes HERE!
    [/QUOTE]

New Battlefield Blog Post - Battlefieldo - News: BF4 Tweaked to the Core

Last edited: Aug 16, 2013
    urza26 and Wrigleyvillain say thanks.
  10. mastrdrver

mastrdrver

Thanks Received:
    I'm glad they added C4 to support.

I'm also glad to the humble bundle for giving me free target practice this evening. :laugh:

11. MxPhenom 216

MxPhenom 216 Corsair Fanboy

Thanks Received:
    Well god damn. I like the new looks for the classes. Especially for US Recon and Support. Recon class is BF3 looks stupid, same with support class with all the bullets around their neck. Now they got rid of those, and Recon actually look like legit US Snipers.

12. GullyFoyle

GullyFoyle

Thanks Received:
    the only rumoured date I heard was Sept 24th, and that was a while ago.

13. Wrigleyvillain

Thanks Received:
    And BF3 US Support looks and sounds like a douchebag too...though that does often fit with how people play it (mainly with C4).

14. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    Umad bro?

15. GullyFoyle

GullyFoyle

Thanks Received:
    New Battlefield Blog Post - Ask DICE: Battlefield 4 – Multiplayer

grunt_408 says thanks.
  16. urza26

urza26

Thanks Received:
    Thanks for the informative posts GullyFoyle!
    I'm a bit disappointed that they kept Assault mostly the same as in BF3, for infantry based maps and Rush it was the go-to class, if you picked anything else you were always coming out short. The Assault has the best weapons and the 2 most important gadgets, anti-vehicle warfare is the only thing missing from their ability spectrum. Only positive rumor with regards to this I heard is that the defibrillator now has a short recharge time to prevent the medic-ball from running rampart as it is now in BF3. Still I firmly believe that splitting the med pack and defibrillator over 2 classes and adding a cast bar to the defibrillator seems like the best way to go.
    Furthermore vehicle warfare could do without all the lockon weapons, it makes it rather boring and repetitive, since it both takes aiming and dodging out of the equation. Luckily they're adding a wire-guided missile launcher to the Engineers arsenal.
    Besides that I could do without all the gimmick features like suppression, tactical lights, bipods, scope glare, regenerating health, regenerating armor and the jump-over mechanic.
    Can't wait for beta so I can check those things out myself.

17. mastrdrver

mastrdrver

Thanks Received:
    It would have been nice to see assault may have the best guns when 1 vs 1, but how often does that happen? Even when it does happen, its usually in close quarters in which most of the assault guns lose their biggest advantage, accuracy at distance.

I'm personally more concerned about getting our communities server going before BF4 launches. It's a hardcore 32 man rush server. I changed the settings the other day so that it's only base maps to try and lure humble bundle traffic, but all for not so far.

18. MT Alex

MT Alex

Thanks Received:
    That isn't very surprising, hardcore maps draw less traffic, and Rush servers even fewer. I play quite a bit of hardcore, but only conquest and usually no smaller than 48 player servers.

19. Boozad

Boozad

Thanks Received:
    I'm all for joining up to the TPU BF community, I just jump into random servers I like the look of since I've had BF3. Mainly Close Quarters because I'm devastatingly shit at large outdoor maps but I'll give anything a go.
    I'd prefer to be part of a team with squads that work together too, I've probably only ever had that happen twice in nearly 110 hours of playing.

20. caleb

Thanks Received:
    Yeah and now BF3 is great with looking at scoreboard for 60seconds before its even begins to load next map. Big improvement there :laugh: It was not games fault, computers were just shit back then.

21. TheLaughingMan

TheLaughingMan

Thanks Received:
    ummm no. That game has shit load times. Even on a modern system loading from an SSD would gradually get worst due to a glitch in the audio hint queue system. After several weeks, load times would become ridiculous and you would need to delete key temp files to correct it. That was never corrected.

22. caleb

Thanks Received:
    never had it and I raped the game pretty badly. Ever since C2D it worked like a charm.

23. Wrigleyvillain

Thanks Received:
    Yes I am quite angry, indeed. So much so that I think I feel an injury in my rectum.

24. Black Haru

Black Haru

Thanks Received:
    arma??

lockon is an excellent mechanic. it prevents a single person from dominating a map. what I do want back is the bc2 mechanic of any flares/smoke shakes a lock. you could save a tank by hitting it with a 40mm smoke.

the other things are "features", and I don't see how any of them break the game.

25. boise49ers

boise49ers

Thanks Received:
    That's just MM , he's a pain in the ass :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Any real Battlefield fan that has over 300 hrs will adjust to any of these things and deal with
    what bothers them. I have to say the Tactical lights are just lame though. Give me a break if I got a light shined in my fucking face I'm shooting directly at it and not missing. That is just plain dumb. Maybe in close quarters at 20 feet, but come on man do they have 1,000,000 candle power lights on a rifle or pistol ? NO

Last edited: Aug 18, 2013