1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

OFFICIAL Battlefield 4 (Discussion)

Discussion in 'Games' started by TheMailMan78, Feb 19, 2013.

1. MT Alex

MT Alex

Thanks Received:
    I understand what you have been harping on about the destruction, and for the most part agree, but DICE had to strike a balance between strategic gameplay and destruction. Sure, in BC2 you could bring down every building in the town located in the center of Heavy Metal. Fine. But how in the hell would you play on a map such as Seine Crossing with absolutely no buildings left? It's bad enough when playing a large ticket server on Caspian Border, by the end it's a wasteland around C. It is also extremely rare that someone is shooting at me from behind an indestructible piece of cover.

I also wasn't talking about such trivial things as the comma rose, either. Do you really think the new Karkand map has the same feeling as in BF2? Not counting the entire node that is gone, they missed something that is more ubiquitous and hard to put your finger on, and it's not just nostalgic reverie clouding my judgment.

Wrigleyvillain says thanks.
  2. boise49ers

boise49ers

Thanks Received:
    They went all out on their Artwork for your copy too. You scored:nutkick::roll:

Sir B. Fannybottom says thanks.
  3. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    I'd rather not have a map like Seine, problem solved :laugh: There was city maps in BC1 and BC2, long before Seine. I don't think the issue of leveled buildings on those kind of maps was what stopped them from making them destroyable. I think it was more a limit of what the engine was capable of. At most the largest buildings able to be destroyed previously were 3 story buildings, to do something like numerous 10+ story buildings that are actually all built together with over a block in length, just don't think the engine was capable. And even if it was, then what to do with all the space inside of those buildings, right now it's filled with blank space, if you could level them they would have had to create an entire city. So just seems more like engine limitations.

And thats the other chord I been striking for a long time, map design. You say people don't fire at you from behind indestructible cover. Play Grand Bazaar or Metro for real easy examples of low destruction maps. Hallways and very little to actually be blown away. Thats all those maps are, other maps like Caspian you got the Antenna, or Firestorm the huge oil fields with tons of places for people to sit. In BC2 or BC2 there was some non-destroyable buildings, but for the most part, if someone was in the top floor of a house (meaning they had the high ground so I couldn't actually see them to shoot them), I would simply wipe out that bottom floor and bring it all down. You say that flag C gets all wiped out, flag C is a forest, there isn't all that much to get wiped out. Heck theres only 2 buildings on all of Caspian that can be dropped, 1 at B and one in the RU base. Any other building has many indestructible zones (stair wells for instance, they make great spots to hide from tanks).

And I wasn't saying you specifically, I'm just saying, I tired of hearing about BF2 this and BF2 that. I enjoyed 1942 far far more.

As far as whats missing from Karkand, I'm not sure, it doesn't feel all that different to me. Except and here it is again, limited destruction. I get so tired of half destructible buildings that people blow a hole in the wall, then leap from something else and lay down a spawn beacon in a room that can not be further destroyed, just creates so many campers on a map that already had an issue with that before. I just can't see the down side to bringing back some real destruction. I'd rather maps like Seine Crossing be flat out gone, I haven't ever played any previous BF games to be limited to 3 damn bridges just to get to the other side of the map, BF series and funnel points are oxymorons, yet Seine, Grand Bazaar, Metro, and many of the CQ maps, thats the staples of those maps, and thats to cater to the COD crowd, and thats why BF3 has never been as enjoyable to me and what BC2 was. Lots of fun sure, but it just is missing the magic. I put twice the amount of hours in BC2 in half the length of time and I still was far from tired of that game, BF3 I quit playing 1 month in for a good 4 months, finally came back to it out of boredom.

4. LDNL

LDNL

Thanks Received:
    Saw the trailer... same design, same animations and same models. Feels like expansion for Battlefield 3.

5. Animalpak

Animalpak

Thanks Received:
    lucky bastard...

I think that digital deluxe edition si nothing, a premium release with 49 dollars plus is expected for sure... Then you spend 59 for the game plus the premium pass 100 bills costs of the total.

Like BF3 was for me...

6. 1nf3rn0x

1nf3rn0x

Thanks Received:
    They've gotta really innovate if they don't want to go down the COD series pathway.
    Cod 4 really made what a mp fps was and should be. BF3 took that crown, respectively. So hopefully they can keep it that way without running out of ideas, like cod has.

7. Animalpak

Animalpak

Thanks Received:
    Still the god of the military FPS

[​IMG]

8. boise49ers

boise49ers

Thanks Received:
  9. DEFEATEST

DEFEATEST

Thanks Received:
    COD4 was a great fun game, but the god? I call it unreal tournament with miltary weapons. It is so arcade and nothing realistic about it.

10. GullyFoyle

GullyFoyle

Thanks Received:
    Here is your pre-order ""Premium" expansion pack:

[​IMG]

11. GullyFoyle

GullyFoyle

Thanks Received:
    BFGames.net - Battlefield 4 Trailer analysis: single-player campaign

*Google Translated

Last edited: Mar 29, 2013
  12. Wrigleyvillain

Wrigleyvillain PTFO or GTFO

Thanks Received:
    Agreed...except, for me, it's BC2 not BF2 that I'm tired of hearing was so much greater than it really was. Subjective, sure, but still...

"Drone Stike Expansion Pack" eh? Hoo boy. That's likely to ruffle some feathers.

1Kurgan1 says thanks.
  13. brandonwh64

brandonwh64 Addicted to Bacon and StarCrunches!!!

Thanks Received:
    I think BF1942 was the best....

On serious note, I would like to see MP video.

1Kurgan1 says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  14. GullyFoyle

GullyFoyle

Thanks Received:
    GamesRadar.com - 6 Reasons Battlefield 4’s single player should be awesome

15. boise49ers

boise49ers

Thanks Received:
    Yep, about 90% of us are a lot more interested in the MP then the SP.

16. Sir B. Fannybottom

Sir B. Fannybottom

Thanks Received:
    It's at 89% right now.

17. brandonwh64

Thanks Received:
    LOL I am in TS if you want to share this awesome event

Crunching for Team TPU
  18. Sir B. Fannybottom

Sir B. Fannybottom

Thanks Received:
    I'm getting bacon, I shall be on soon.

19. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    I'm really the only one harping on about BC2. And I'm not saying the game was greater than it really was, I'm saying it was better than BF3. I don't play Battlecorridor, I play Battlefield. And it just is disappointing to see such a destructive rich game which is followed by one where destroying buildings on people isn't ever part of a strategy.

I do enjoy BF3, I just hope they bring back some of the stuff that I felt was better in BC2.

Same, well not vanilla 1942, but I played the crap out of the DC mod. And I doubt we will see a MP trailer, even if we did, it's going to be all DICE players and probably have some heavily scripted events.

20. Animalpak

Animalpak

Thanks Received:
    Even Battlefield is not realistic, is authentic...

Want something realistic ? ARMA is your game...

21. brandonwh64

Thanks Received:
    I don't think any game will be realistic to a sense.

Crunching for Team TPU
  22. Easy Rhino

Easy Rhino Linux Advocate

Thanks Received:
    im glad mailman isn't a part of this conversation. bf4 is not going to worth $60 or whatever the crap you have to spend to play it.

caleb says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  23. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    I hear if you say his name 3 times he will appear.

mailman

Easy Rhino says thanks.
  24. Sir B. Fannybottom

Sir B. Fannybottom

Thanks Received:
    Oh Arma, you sexy sexy game you.

25. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    Seen this on Reddit about Colonel 100's, made me laugh.

[​IMG]

Crap Daddy says thanks.