1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

OFFICIAL Battlefield 4 (Discussion)

Discussion in 'Games' started by TheMailMan78, Feb 19, 2013.

1. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    The Soldier of Fortune games as far as I know have always been crap, every single one of them. But the older ones pushed some limits, so you could have some fun with them. Me and Marineborn played a ton of the one released for the original Xbox, it had dismemberment and the throwing knifes visually stuck into peoples bodies. Besides that the game sucked, but both of those factors were enough to keep us entertained playing some deathmatch, it's thee simple things in life :p

2. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:

Did you like Quake 3?

3. Mindweaver

Mindweaver Moderato®™ Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    mastrdrver says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  4. Flogger23m

Thanks Received:
    How does everyone like China Rising? I was hoping for more new vehicles/weapons myself.

5. boise49ers

boise49ers

Thanks Received:
    I played the shit out of Quake 3. I played the single player through 5 or 6 times. Didn't care
    for the multiplayer. It was a lot like the Half Life 2 Multiplayer which I didn't care for either.

6. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    Been tinkering around with emblems. I know theres sites out there where you can copy codes and such for some cool ones, but didn't really want to do that. Made another before this but wasn't extremely happy with it, so started on this last night, cut down on masking layers today and perfected it, think this should instill enough hate when I kill people to be remembered :p
    [​IMG]

Never really got into the Quake series, hated the extremely fast movement, bugged with my eyes and made me feel sick playing them. I have issues watching cartoons sometimes and playing some games, if my eyes catch and edge I tend to fixate on it and watch it slide show as movement happens and it just gives me massive headaches.

Eh, I only think one of the maps is decent. Others I'll probably never touch unless a server I'm on happens to rotate into one.

7. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    You didn't like Quake 3? All your arguments about anything have become invalid.

Mindweaver says thanks.
  8. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    I didn't say that. I say I don't like the Quake series. Don't think I ever played 3. I didn't have my own computer till right around when BF 1942 came out. And either way, it's hard to enjoy games that make you sick to your stomach when you play.

9. boise49ers

boise49ers

Thanks Received:
    My Grand Daughter still tries to get me to play Quake 4. She watches like it's a movie. Having played it so many
    times too I can go from start to finish in one sitting. She loves when he gets his legs sawed off and transformed into a Strogg.
    That one is my favorite Quake ! Lost my book with the key code on it though so can't use it anymore.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2013
  10. MxPhenom 216

MxPhenom 216 Corsair Fanboy

Thanks Received:
    What in the hell are you talking about ol' man. All that article talks about is a lawsuit against EA from investors, that were dumb enough to invest in EA to begin with.

11. boise49ers

boise49ers

Thanks Received:
    Guess that would all depend on the outcome of the law suit, though yeah I think EA could
    absorb a big hit. I really don't think EA has our interests in mind is kind of what I was getting at.
    EA could turn around and do the same thing to Dice too if they get to big a hit.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2013
  12. purecain

purecain

Thanks Received:
    yeah I'm using the latest beta and since the bf4 update the other morning things have been great since then,

although I've been getting my teeth into splinter cell... on the last lvl though so I'll be back

raging around my living room like a mad man after being on the noob team for an hour....

I enjoy joining the losing team(no I don't, as soon as I realise I go fuckin noob team again) who've been getting owned and then help them to become the winning side... but one bad game too many and my blood starts boiling, my eyes get blood shot usually when the same thick fuck nicks the heli or plane and does nothing to help with it whilst you left with the ground vehicles get bombed from above by their plane before you've even reached the first flag....

but that's the game until a few months go by and the idiots improve or go back to cod.... imo... :)

13. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    Don't like Quake series? Never played Quake 3, probably the most epic FPS ever made? Add that to the fact I was right about the auction house in Diablo 3 (Blizzard even agreed with me) and you have lot all validation with your gaming opinion......and I mean that with respect.

True Quake fans don't speak of Quake 4. It was not a real Quake but a false profit of the Quake series. Everyone knows the last Quake was Quake 3.

I am TheMailMan also known as the Ranger.....

[​IMG]

14. MT Alex

MT Alex

Thanks Received:
    True that, Quake 2 was the last really good single player experience in that series, I never did dig carrying a flashlight more than a gun.

15. natr0n

natr0n

Thanks Received:
    Been a ton of hackers lately this week.
    The same way you see them snapping to targets in 3rd person is the same in 1st person.

I've been studying a few today in spectate.

16. GLD

GLD

Thanks Received:
    Flashlight? Sounds like Doom, not Quake.

17. Animalpak

Animalpak

Thanks Received:
    not contact with ea online ... Damn EA

18. Flogger23m

Thanks Received:
    I have been experiencing a lot of lag as of late in all BF4 servers I have joined.

19. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    Can't like a game that makes you sick (not sure how much more clear I can be on this), played Quake games, once again, they make me sick so don't think I ever played 3. And I never said the AH was perfect, but it surely wasn't the big problem, the big one is that the loot drops were so poor it caused you to farm the AH. As anyone playing the console version how awesome their loot drops are, there isn't a need for an AH with the upgraded loot drops that will be coming. It's easily to simplify something like this, but many things compounded are the reason for it leaving. And the biggest is it will be unnecessary. I'm not sure who's validating my parking, if it's you I won't be paying for the ticket, lol.

A few days ago I had a few servers I joined that were pretty laggy, last few days been good though.

20. MT Alex

MT Alex

Thanks Received:
    Oh sheesh, you are right. Boy, is my face red.

MxPhenom 216 says thanks.
  21. Flogger23m

Thanks Received:
    For me it can be pretty bad. As in, enter a room, then half a second later appear outside of the room. Lots of skipping movement. Same servers I have been playing on for about a month, my ping shows 60-90 depending on the server, ect. Very annoying. I am not sure what went wrong.

22. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    Just played on one showing 53 for me and I was stuttering all over, but sounds like many others as well. Hopefully the rest of the night goes smoother.

23. Flogger23m

Thanks Received:
    It has been like this for a few days on my end. Maybe a patch will fix it.

24. boise49ers

boise49ers

Thanks Received:
    Now that was a game that could give you shivers up your spine. The liked it for the same reason
    I liked the Fear games. Creeped me out and gave me the Willy's. Any one hear if any one is
    developing a Doom 4 ? I should get to test BF4 out tomorrow night on the Projection screen. Curious
    to see if having a huge screen is more of a hindrance then helpful. I figure some games may be great ,
    but worried about FPS it could be difficult to keep track of everything going on , on that much real estate.

25. Mindweaver

Mindweaver Moderato®™ Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Hey guys the new "BF4 Browser Utility v1.1" is up! Get it here!

• New Features
      1. New Switch to BF3/BF4 button.
      2. New hyper-link to the Home thread in the About window.
    • Improvements.
      1. Code optimization
    • Fixed Issues in previous release
      1. Fixed - If Bf4 was open before the browser and the "Auto Refresh" was enabled the Battlelog page would not load properly.

mastrdrver and natr0n say thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU