1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

OFFICIAL Battlefield 4 (Discussion)

Discussion in 'Games' started by TheMailMan78, Feb 19, 2013.

1. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    Flash bangs + smoke + incendiary + elevator = WIN!

It will be just like what they kicked Ducky out of the National Guard for........minus the crying.

H82LUZ73, 1Kurgan1 and MxPhenom 216 say thanks.
  2. Hilux SSRG

Hilux SSRG

Thanks Received:
    I'm no great recon sniper with a million headshots, but 14x-20x seems like overkill on smaller maps... unless they plan to expand the size of maps - then I'm all for it :D.

3. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    Expanded maps is a great concept, but it needs to be done right, needs more vehicles than what they made available in Armored Kill. And the flags need to have more substance, each flag should be a small town/military base of sorts, some of the flags on AK were pretty lame 2 - 3 Buildings, a base should have some decent fortifications to fight behind. They need to go back and look at El Alamein if they plan to construct some larger maps.

Now that being said, I'm not against bigger maps, loved huge maps in 1942, just it needs to be done right, most of the AK maps just felt stale, if you didn't have a vehicle for the most part it sucked. So including some area's that vehicles would be utter crap in so that the people who can't find a vehicle can spawn there and be effective would also be nice.

4. MxPhenom 216

MxPhenom 216 Corsair Fanboy

Thanks Received:
    That would be sweet. To have bigger maps, and then each flag is within a base, town, city, etc.

5. Bow

Bow

Thanks Received:
    Something like some of the old Joint Operations maps were like

Crunching for Team TPU
  6. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    Thats how many of the 1942 maps were. I mostly played the DC mod, but most of the flags were small towns and such. And the maps were loaded with vehicles, but many flags were only accessible by tanks by going through canyons or coming down a single road that leads to a base thats basically on a hill (typical castle like location). So there was a ton of vehicles but there was funnels for the vehicles, it worked pretty well. The maps also had open deserts and such as well, but typically that would be the places where you decided which flag you were heading to then picked the correct road on the edge of the open areas, didn't find too many flags out in those flat area's. So it made bases a bit more stronghold like, you could defend them easier.

7. boise49ers

boise49ers

Thanks Received:
    All I know is we are gonna play the shit out of this game and I can't wait. I'm gonna have my son and nephew hooked up on PC
    then and hopefully get them to do the teamspeak thing unless this game is set up where we can do voice chat better. BF3 isn't
    really all that bad, no one uses it though. Me and the kid do and it seems to work for the most part.

8. natr0n

natr0n

Thanks Received:

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2013
    Mindweaver, caleb and EarthDog say thanks.
  9. caleb

Thanks Received:
    Looks like EA went all the way with that engine.

10. mastrdrver

mastrdrver

Thanks Received:
    Why does he mention gen 4 and beyond? That seems like a weird comment when you have not even reached gen 4.

I'd rather then fix the bugs in the game instead of spending all the time working on tree simulation. I was reading about how some alpha player reported that the tank sprint bug is also possibly present in the alpha version.

11. TheLaughingMan

TheLaughingMan

Thanks Received:
    As the video stated, the team that works on the Frostbite engine is a diff. team. There job is to make the engine better. If you want pre-alpha bugs fixed in the next few months, DICE needs to work on them.

And those bugs are normal and nothing game breaking. I noticed in the video that the team color bug is back where the red team shows up as red to teammates. I don't know how many videos I watched of teammates just unloading into friendly soldiers.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2013
  12. MxPhenom 216

MxPhenom 216 Corsair Fanboy

Thanks Received:
    [​IMG]

13. mastrdrver

mastrdrver

Thanks Received:
    The tank sprint bug is not normal and is in BF3 unfixed. The fact that it shows up in the BF4 alpha is just more evidence that BF4 is going to be as bug ridden as BF3.

The silenced mortar bug, that keeps you from showing up on the mini map when mortaring, has been annoying me of late as it seems like everyone and their brother are abusing this particular bug.

14. boise49ers

boise49ers

Thanks Received:
    I can only imagine what games will look like in 5 years.

15. Aviso New Member

Thanks Received:
    look at the 3dmark 2013

16. GullyFoyle

GullyFoyle

Thanks Received:
  17. GullyFoyle

GullyFoyle

Thanks Received:
    E3 Live Stream Highlight: Interview with Patrick Bach

[yt]?feature=player_embedded&v=IRiImoj0z3M#at=32[/yt]

E3 Live Stream Highlight: Spectator Mode in Battlefield 4
    [yt]?feature=player_embedded&v=tGR3llfD9HQ#at=83[/yt]

Last edited: Jun 28, 2013
  18. natr0n

natr0n

Thanks Received:
    In relation to bf3....I'm getting tired of this fucking game. Nothing but hackers you call them out and shit a war starts.Even team mates turn on me cause I want a fair game.

This game brings out the worst in people. I hope some of you guys realize this.

19. GullyFoyle

GullyFoyle

Thanks Received:
    Levelcap - BF4 Vehicle Customizations - Boats Are Amazing!
    [yt]?feature=player_embedded&v=a8Si9hWhGGc#at=01][/yt]

20. Wrigleyvillain

Wrigleyvillain PTFO or GTFO

Thanks Received:
    Uh some people are just better than you dude. Really, I'm not trying to claim there aren't hackers out there but calling them out at the moment where you have no real proof (how do you know it wasn't a sudden network problem or the shitty hit detection or any number of other things) just makes you sound whiny and look butthurt. At least go look at their stats and what not before you make that judgement and if it adds up then leave the server and report them on Battlelog. Even in the (probably rare) cases where you are right calling them out does nothing good at all and just feeds into what the hacker troll wants which is to ruin your good time and get a rise out of you in the process.

As for your last statement, I don't even know what the hell that is supposed to mean. Gamers are generally young men and young men are generally immature, foul-mouthed idiots. Like there weren't cheaters and miserable dickheads calling each other faggot before BF3. Old Valve shooters were so much worse, for one example.

21. natr0n

natr0n

Thanks Received:
    I know there are better players. I can spot aimbots very easily more so than other players.I always play on low ping servers.If you play enough you know every detail and how it happens like second nature.
    Reporting on battlelog does nothing never has from what I have seen.Stats don't mean much they can be fooled. There are hacking clans which been reported many times over and you still see them. Everytime I accuse someone a few guys confirm similar.

When a guy 1 shots you with and snaps in all directions dead give away. If you set network smoothing to max you can spot hackers easily cause they move like if you have no network smoothing while other players move fluidly.You can listen for shots when you get hit. I could spot hacks in BC2 as well.

Another thing if your team mates know a guy is hacking sometimes they wont even help votekick and rather start shit with you as if they promote it. I guess I'm whining , but these shithead get the best/worst of me it seems.

22. H82LUZ73

H82LUZ73

Thanks Received:
    Well it does seem that someone hacked the EA mail servers and why last week 23-26 We Alpha testers had trouble connecting to servers and EA in general,Glad they fixed it.EA gave the invites out for a reason and it was not as random as you guys would think,Gully and Alex-t must have seen the EA/Dice Dev post about the attitudes .........And seeing how the test is up after Monday ,I will say this... Take Bf3 + the 5 expansions=BF4 :respect:.............And you guys are going to love the parachuting from the High apartment on Shanghai..roof top to roof top to get to D/E and B

23. boise49ers

boise49ers

Thanks Received:
    So I got my nephew playing it now. We are going to use skype for now to communicate. Kurg if you want to jump on if you see me and Sizzle
    britches on that would be Great. Ufgy too. My Skype is Idaho49ers.I changed my account. It is amazing how quick Xbox guys pick up PC gaming.
    Provided they have FPS gamed on PC before.
    Nephews Skype: michael.whitt80 / Son: bennettl87
    Skype is so clear, beats the shit out of TS. Free too.
    Nephews Gamer name: myquitIdaho

24. caleb

Thanks Received:
    That is true, if you rape a game for 500h+ you just see bs right away. I never had any high expectations from BF community as it was always full of sh.. but I must say that BF2 had a lot more good players in it not to mention normal admins. You can even tell by saying a simple 'gg' at the end of a round - nowday's its just instant flame.

natr0n says thanks.
  25. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    Waaaaaaaaaaaa