1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 Clubhouse

Discussion in 'techPowerUp! Club Forum' started by 1Kurgan1, Jan 23, 2010.

1. tigger

tigger I'm the only one

Thanks Received:
    I just installed TS my mic seems to be working fine,my name is of course TIGGER.

My game name is TI66ER-engineer/recon

2. brandonwh64

brandonwh64 Addicted to Bacon and StarCrunches!!!

Thanks Received:
    They have it set were you need permissions to join the BC2 channels. i reformatted yesterday and now i cannot join as well :(

Crunching for Team TPU
  3. tigger

tigger I'm the only one

Thanks Received:
    I just put ts in and i can join but it puts me in the lobby is all.

4. TRIPTEX_CAN

TRIPTEX_CAN

Thanks Received:
    We were in the TS3 server last night when Johnny5 joined. The permissions are being worked out still but if you want to communicate with us just stay in the lobby, if someone is in the channel you should get moved manually within a minute or 2. Without the correct password you might not see anyone in server but I'm not totally sure.

5. digibucc

digibucc

Thanks Received:
    yeah i've even had some bad luck seeing people in the server. i've had to move to the channel once or twice for it to work. i tried to change you to a member, but it just flashes error and won't let me. up to you rhino... :)

6. epicfail

epicfail New Member

Thanks Received:
    ahh k ill try again tonight just stay in ts while i play, were you playing last night digi name seems kind familiar

7. lemode New Member

Thanks Received:
    lol I randomly moved you from the lobby last night to the game chat because i know for a fact that you normally don't hang out in the lobby.

I didn't have my headset on and wasn't really paying attention to TS...just figured like some others, you were stuck there. Plus I remember you telling us that you were going to reformat. Exodus had the same problem too. So you're welcome!

8. tigger

tigger I'm the only one

Thanks Received:
    I'm just sick of all the bloody snipers,sometimes get killed twice on the trot as i spawn,retards

9. boise49ers

boise49ers

Thanks Received:
    Yes it is especially if you have a ton of games that save everything to the hard drive.
    Been there done that a hundred times. :banghead:

10. ZenZimZaliben

ZenZimZaliben

Thanks Received:
    I don't know if any of you have tried out this VOIP solution. It's called Mumble/Murmur. It is a very light weight package, has a very small foot print, and sounds excellent.

http://mumble.sourceforge.net/

I have been running the murmur server for several weeks and it is excellent.

11. TRIPTEX_CAN

TRIPTEX_CAN

Thanks Received:
    I killed OnBoard as he spawned on his squadmate last nigh. One shot from the M95 with Magnumbullets.... I don't think he even had time for his crosshair to appear on screen. :eek:

12. brandonwh64

brandonwh64 Addicted to Bacon and StarCrunches!!!

Thanks Received:
    I dont really install alot of games unless im into them at that moment in time. at the most i might have 3 games installed. the worst part of the format is getting all of my programs back to working condition and making sure the OS is running right and the drivers are perfect.

ALSO! i want to thank the guys for moving me into the proper channels on TS. i didnt realize that a format would loose my permissions in the TS server. i would have backed up that folder if i would have known

Crunching for Team TPU
  13. digibucc

digibucc

Thanks Received:

yeah i install all games onto a separate harddrive, and keep a backup of all current drivers ready. i reinstall about once every month or so, and i can do a full reinstall within about 40 minutes. usb thumbdrive->ssd , 15minutes windows install, the rest for copying stuff back.

as for TS , i think it is more of a unique ID assigned to you and your OS install. i don't think it is something you can just copy out. may be wrong though.

14. FreedomEclipse

FreedomEclipse ~Technological Technocrat~

Thanks Received:
    same here but reinstalling at least once a month is a little bit too much to my standards.

I usually give it at least 2-6 months for it to get completely trashed & slow as hell before I say its time for a good reinstall.

I should probably just create a basic image using Norton Ghost or something, but Id still need to reinstall my games n what not & I dont have enough space to do a complete system back up from scratch Id probably have to dedicated at least 1 TB to back up the whole system with all my games n junk

15. Easy Rhino

Easy Rhino Linux Advocate

Thanks Received:
    on teamspeak server mods can not edit client groups. i fixed the issue.

digibucc says thanks.
  16. Black Haru

Black Haru

Thanks Received:
    If you see me in the lobby move me please (tonight).
    don't know how much I'll be on.

I hate snipers too. even the ones on my team. really its called recon because your supposed to do Reconnaissance... whoever was in my squad last night did a fantastic job of spotting, but most just take potshots (which they mostly miss) at random players.

"Q" mashing. we need more of it. /end.rant

17. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    I do similar, but not with games, since I mod a lot of my games sometimes those get mucky too, so my 2nd drive holds all my movies, music, pictures, or anything else thats random. And when I sweep the OS, I take the games with it and start with a fresh install of everything, takes a bit longer, but probably the way I will keep it.

18. digibucc

digibucc

Thanks Received:
    yeah i wish. i am on it 12 or more hours every single day though. work and play. with that much use it gets trashed and issues arise so often, that a lot of times it could have used a reinstall sooner.

@epic - not last night, but one or two ago i was in a few games with you. I'm regularly on the VA server, but now that we've got another one going for the other modes, i'll be there as well :)

yeah same idea though. I actually have a server running in the back room with 2tbs of storage. separate hdds hold: movies, music/apps, work documents (source files, renders, templates, fonts, etc) and then one for temporary storage. Also some usb drives as I have to hold backups of not just my stuff, but the 6 employees I am the IT guy for. bosses get double redundant, just in case :)

then on my actual machine, i have a 600gb for games, full. i just leave them installed because at any given moment i may want to play that 15gb copy of empire total war, even though it's been two months. storage is so cheap there is nothing to it. I just wish i could set up adobe suite on a separate hardrive, as that's the only thing thing that ever knocks me past the 40 minutes.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2010
  19. Wrigleyvillain

Wrigleyvillain PTFO or GTFO

Thanks Received:
    Some stuff needs to still be reinstalled and re-patched so there are proper registry entries too. Though keeping my games on a second drive still definitely saves some time. Nothing as is as quick and easy as my Steam games though of course.

20. lemode New Member

Thanks Received:
    digi,

the server you got was down for me most of the night...i wasn't able to get on till like 11pm pst. i was on there then left becasue no one was joining...after that it was grey for hours. regardless, i have both the NY and VA servers favorited!

woot for 2 TPU US servers and a UK server!

digibucc says thanks.
  21. FreedomEclipse

FreedomEclipse ~Technological Technocrat~

Thanks Received:
    Unfortunately hardly anyone plays on the UK server (from what ive seen so far) & I usually end up leaving the Virginia server & joining a more packed out server where I know getting up to 5000-7000 points in 1 game is easy as hell.

22. digibucc

digibucc

Thanks Received:
    thanks for letting me know, it was full within an hour of creation, but died down later at night. didn't realize it was actually down, i'll look into that :)

idk maybe it's the time you are playing, i find the VA server totally full, often. 3 times in the last three days i have had to add myself or others to the reserved list just to get in game.

yes

well for the beginning it's going to be screwing around and testing the different modes. i've played 40 hours of conquest and 1 hr of everything else combined... I only care that TPU players want to join, so whatever we want to play is what it will be at... i have no preference other than "not conquest"

there is no way to rotate modes though, so one has to be chosen in the end.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2010
  23. boise49ers

boise49ers

Thanks Received:
    TPU Servers

If I type in [TPU] will they all pop up ? I think I only have the Virginia Server on favorites, or should I say favourites ? Guess they are the same thing. So I think I missed out on the Team Speak part of the forum. Do we need to add something to hook into TPU TS ? Sorry I'm at work so I don't have the game here to monkey with. :confused: Thanks !

24. TRIPTEX_CAN

TRIPTEX_CAN

Thanks Received:
    To keep the NY server populated without [TPU] players in it I think the server should rotate either Rush or Squad Rush. I honestly don't think many people are playing Squad Dethmatch... seems more like a console thing IMO.

25. El Fiendo

El Fiendo

Thanks Received:
    Huh, there's a deathmatch mode?

Crunching for Team TPU