1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 Clubhouse

Discussion in 'techPowerUp! Club Forum' started by 1Kurgan1, Jan 23, 2010.

1. lemode New Member

Thanks Received:
    there are plenty of full squad deathmatch servers rotating around. I have 4 or 5 favorited. I play that when I am sick of Conquest. I get the most points from SDM over any other game type.

right after you announced it to us in TS I went and found it. I didn’t play on it for another hour or so…then I was there for 1 round of solo rush (lol) then left. That was about 1:45 pm pst. After that I couldn’t get back on till around 11pm pst. It really was grey that whole time. Would make sense if it was full though.
  2. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    Oooo a new TPU server, I'll have to add that to post 2 and to my favorites.
    digibucc says thanks.
  3. copenhagen69

Thanks Received:
    does this have a single player campaign at all? or is it bots and stuff?
  4. digibucc

digibucc

Thanks Received:
    pretty decent singleplayer. I liked it. not bots and stuff. actual missions with a story and everything ;)
  5. TRIPTEX_CAN

TRIPTEX_CAN

Thanks Received:
    Squad Deathmatch is 4v4v4v4 infantry only except a single light tank on the map. First team to 50 kills wins.

hmm.. I was juts going by what I've seen the few times I've been in the VA server waiting for SDM rounds to populate.
  6. lemode New Member

Thanks Received:
    i had our server full yesterday morning with scrizz playing squad dm. when i changed it back to conquest, everyone left :laugh:!
  7. FreedomEclipse

FreedomEclipse ~Technological Technocrat~

Thanks Received:
    Pretty Decent except for the fact that enemies target you, ONLY you & not other member of your 'team' even if they are standing out in the open in a scene which screams "snipe me!! im a noob" - 2x Heavy gunners, 3x dudes with RPG's, 1xMounted MG, 3/4x dudes with shotguns/assualt rifles & 1 sniper will target you & only you even if your hiding out in a house or behind a wall they have some uncanny gaydar that can tell your there & fire at only you & not any of your team mates who seem to have the fucking intelligence & the firing acuracy of a blind water buffalo

that alone REALLY puts me off campaign mode. otherwise is not too bad at all. Predictable but not bad for a round or 2
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2010
  8. TRIPTEX_CAN

TRIPTEX_CAN

Thanks Received:
    Oh ok then... I'd like to eventually see DICE's number on which mode is more popular on specific platforms.

It is a good warm up for playing MP though.
    digibucc says thanks.
  9. Loosenut

Loosenut

Thanks Received:
    Who are you calling gay?? :slap: :laugh:
  10. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
    I have been known to bat for the other team ;)
  11. Loosenut

Loosenut

Thanks Received:
    Sorry for being off topic but... :eek: :twitch:
  12. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
    Im only kidding lol. I find women more entertaining
  13. Loosenut

Loosenut

Thanks Received:
    Lolll :toast:

ok, enough levity. This is a serious thread about gearing up, going out and killing people :roll:
  14. lemode New Member

Thanks Received:
    I swear I need a Bad Company 2 patch to curve my addiction to the game…while I am at work.
  15. TRIPTEX_CAN

TRIPTEX_CAN

Thanks Received:
    I believe 1Kurgan1 made a BC2 addiction patch.. This thread. :rolleyes:
    1Kurgan1 says thanks.
  16. lemode New Member

Thanks Received:
    well it's not helping
  17. TRIPTEX_CAN

TRIPTEX_CAN

Thanks Received:
    I know..FML :shadedshu

So... Anyone want to play Squad Rush on the NY server tonight? 10 EST.
  18. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    Theres always a few people who don't like Conquest, or were happy playing Rush for that time, thing is, they always seem to be on the same team. And since auto balance only works inbetween rounds, when everyone leaves at the beginning of the round, it goes unbalanced and then that causes more people to leave.

Once we have some way to balancing the teams besides kicking people, that will help a lot.

I need a patch to curve it while I'm sitting at my computer. I'm going to college for graphic design and this week was quarter finals, but I really have to concentrate on the work and I can't pull myself away from this thread or the game. :banghead:

I might be up for it, I'm not a big Rush fan, but if anyone wants to play some SDM sometime, I am so up for that. I haven't tried it yet, and I bring the heals, I just wonder what the best pairing would be. I keep thinking 2 Medic (need it incase 1 of them dies), 1 Engineer (M2CG is unreal and I would think it would be insane in this mode), and 1 Assault (to supply rockets and bullets for the LMGs). With maybe switching out the Eng for a VSS, motion sniper.
  19. TRIPTEX_CAN

TRIPTEX_CAN

Thanks Received:
    Medics are good to have mostly for suppression I think since this mode has nothing to do with location capture/defense, so keeping people alive at all costs (2 medics) would be a waste IMO. I think one Recon player (VSS or M95 RDS/4x) is essential at all times purely for the motion mines and motor, one Medic for healing and reviving, and 2 Assault players for 40mm spam and ammo. Obviously if one team gets the light tank almost everyone else with swap to Engineer to kill it.

just my thoughts
  20. Black Haru

Black Haru

Thanks Received:
    , I just wonder what the best pairing would be. I keep thinking 2 Medic (need it incase 1 of them dies), 1 Engineer (M2CG is unreal and I would think it would be insane in this mode), and 1 Assault (to supply rockets and bullets for the LMGs). With maybe switching out the Eng for a VSS, motion sniper.[/QUOTE]

the M2CG is not a good antipersonnel gun, if you die or even get shot while guiding it it'll just retard into the ground. Gustav is a better choice here. (has some anti armor capability, and is better than any sniper at range)
  21. lemode New Member

Thanks Received:
    Well since SDM is all kill based (first squad to 50 kills wins) regardless of revival or not, 2 or 1 good squad medic would be more than enough. Tactics like rotating the medic’s kit no matter what you are will just keep you together and organized.

That same kind of 4 person grouping who can alternate med kits and keep your teams tickets up will win rush/conquest every time. Squad rush…for the attacking side it’s imperative because you are limited to 20 tickets.

1 assault, medic, engi, and recon (with c4) all alternating kits...and organized...would be a good combo. obviously you have to know how to play all kits. our server had a clan on there that beat us consistently just because they were organized and keeping their tickets @ or above 60
  22. DrPepper

DrPepper The Doctor is in the house

Thanks Received:
    What is the name of the tpu server I can't find it :(
  23. digibucc

digibucc

Thanks Received:
    just search "[TPU]" :) , no quotes, in caps
  24. lemode New Member

Thanks Received:
    If you attempt to load every server it will not come up…never has for me.

I had to specifically narrow down the search of specific game types….i did a search for conquest to add the VA server…then sorted alphabetically till I came across the [ then found TPU that way. I did it quickly yesterday that way for the NY rush server.
  25. digibucc

digibucc

Thanks Received:
    i just hit multiplayer->server browser, cancel loading, type in [TPU] and all 3 come up.

that's weird... i think the key is to cancel it from loading

those aren't really filters persay, but actually options. it performs a new search, so waiting for it to load all servers, then filtering is waiting 2x.