1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 Clubhouse

Discussion in 'techPowerUp! Club Forum' started by 1Kurgan1, Jan 23, 2010.

1. boulard83

Thanks Received:
    THX for being a lil more specific about what im trying to say ;)

Ill wait for the real release to play this game again. In hope that the entire game can make me forget about this.
  2. Conflict0s

Conflict0s

Thanks Received:
    Aww we don't get to keep our stats :(
    I guess it wouldn't be fair to others, I wondered why I was upgrading equipment and then suddenly a million points were added on to get the new upgrade, makes sense now.

By the way, I can't seem to get my side mouse buttons to work in the control settings page, it is not recognising that I have pressed them to set it for a certain action. Anyone else having this trouble?

I haven't managed to take anyone's tags from here yet but I thought I would throw up a screen shot of my best round yet.

[​IMG]
  3. digibucc

digibucc

Thanks Received:
    changing any bindings was picky for me, after a restart it normally worked.

just make sure you are choosing it under the middle column for mouse, not the left for KB or right for joystick ... another option is to program them to keystrokes with your mouse software.
    Conflict0s says thanks.
  4. Conflict0s

Conflict0s

Thanks Received:
    Well I feel like a noob lol. Thanks man, worked perfectly. I didn't even look at the different column headers.
  5. Wile E

Wile E Power User

Thanks Received:
    And while it is a weakness, it's not nearly as bad as leaving out lean for christ's sake. If you are ok with not having lean, but not ok with not being able to look around while running, you clearly just want to come in here and claim MW2 is better.
    TheLaughingMan says thanks.
  6. 3volvedcombat

3volvedcombat New Member

Thanks Received:
    I notice, thats the ranking system has gone down the drane after 11.

Whats up on that

now i need 1,000,000,000+ pionts to hit rank 12. lOL!L!OL!O!LO!LO!LO!L

are they going to patch this out or what :).

Kinda scary thought if you ask me :/!
  7. Kursah

Kursah

Thanks Received:
    Probably on purpose like the weapons too, they only want us to get so far in the beta rank/weapon-wise and probably tune lower-end balance. Maybe they'll lower the req's on higher ranks and more weapons/unlocks later to ensure balance there too? Who knows, but I'm not suprised they're keeping things limited like that atm. Either way this game rocks, I'm really enjoying the beta thus far.
  8. SNiiPE_DoGG New Member

Thanks Received:
    its the level limit in the beta alone...
  9. 3volvedcombat

3volvedcombat New Member

Thanks Received:
    :laugh:Good game though, ive got 5 gold stars meaning ive masterd 5 weapons already :).

Just unlocked a shotgun attachment for the assualt and i think its sick rushing in the building throwing buckshot then knifeing people, then mowing them down with a big rifle :).

Good game, really enjoy it even on one map, now just imaginet his game full fledged a month from now :laugh:
  10. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    This game cannot be relesed fast enough. I knifed 6 people in a row last night.
  11. Rapidfire48

Thanks Received:
    I think the knifing in this game is great. It is going to be a hit and without a doubt this will crush MW2.
  12. lemode New Member

Thanks Received:
    anyone have any idea what the end all level cap will be in this game on release? i can't seem to find that info anywhere.
  13. OnBoard

OnBoard New Member

Thanks Received:
    Looking at the scrolling ranks something like 50? Anyhow, if you look at the guns they have rank requirements that go pretty far.
  14. SNiiPE_DoGG New Member

Thanks Received:
    If I know dice, which I do, you wont be able to reach the top rank/level without pouring hundreds or even thousands of hours into the game.
  15. lemode New Member

Thanks Received:
    Most games that require unlocking are time sinks as are all MMOs. I’m used to grinding and investing hours in game so time is not really relevant. Besides this game is taking place of TF2 for me and I have over 2,500 hours invested in that game from release to now.

I just know I will want the later unlocks and was merely wondering how much time I’d have to invest in order to get them.
  16. TheLaughingMan

TheLaughingMan

Thanks Received:
    Considering the backlash the got about the ranks and unlocks in BF2 and the changes made when BF2142 and BC1 were released, I would imagine it will be in the mid 200 hundreds for hours invested to unlock everything. That is not to get gold stars with everything, but just to have access to all the weapons and gear, would be my guess. Not too long or too short. So even if you play for like 4 hours a day, you can still get a good 2 months of game play where you have something to work towards.
  17. lemode New Member

Thanks Received:
    200-300 hours would be consistent with and for the console crowd. I was hoping playing longer than a month would allow me to unlock everything. Guess I will just have to tone down my play time :rolleyes::laugh: (yeah right as if I won't be playing this game every day).
  18. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    It's a stabtacular good time. I'm glad someone else is loving knifing people, its about all I do.

On the PS3 beta to unlock everything as a medic it took me if I remember right a little over a full gameday to accomplish. And this was averaging about 5000 points a game. So with whichever kit your great with, look for it to be about 24 hours of play to unlock everything, but for the kits you aren't the best with. for me Sniper, it could take much longer.
  19. Apocolypse007

Apocolypse007 New Member

Thanks Received:
    I am not sure why they would limit reachable unlocks in the beta. If they want these things balanced they should be included in the beta.
  20. digibucc

digibucc

Thanks Received:
    that's not what the beta is for really. and for the amount that it is, it's more worth it for them to withold something as it's a demo/beta , not full version. they have to make people want more.

and the beta is more about testing server and client optimization, to make sure people can actually run it on release.

I'd like to be able to use some of the other weapons, but I can understand why they wouldn't put them in, also.

edit:Nice Find!
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2010
    TheLaughingMan says thanks.
  21. Apocolypse007

Apocolypse007 New Member

Thanks Received:
    OnBoard, 1Kurgan1, H82LUZ73 and 3 others say thanks.
  22. SNiiPE_DoGG New Member

Thanks Received:
    cool to see that the m14 and g3 are non-class specific!
  23. lemode New Member

Thanks Received:
    that's a sweet guide!
  24. kid41212003

kid41212003

Thanks Received:
    That's website is quite dumb. No offends.

Why Veteran even need guides? It should be open for new players.
  25. TheLaughingMan

TheLaughingMan

Thanks Received:
    I just noticed today there was an update which happened last week I guess. I am not sure, my roommate was playing while I was at work when the update came down. I see all weapons now including the M1 Grand and G3. I love both of those guns and I am glad they are not kit specific.

Two questions and 1 comment:

5 states it "changes the laser sight" or something along those lines. What does 5 actually do cause I am not sure.

The first gun unlock for the Engineer is pointless. It has the exact same stats as the default, so what was the point?

I would also like to know if anyone else will help with with 3 suggestions I submitted by submitting them as well. I think the 40mm Smoke gernade should produce more smoke and last longer. For now it is kinda pointless. I would also like to have people suggest moving the sites/scopes (minus the 12x voom sniper scope) to the same player bonus slot as the Shotgun upgrades. Finally, why does every single non-pistol gun have a 30 round clip. I am sure that is wrong when compared to the real life counterparts, but I think several of the guns like the Thompson Sub are simply not going to get used because they will be handicapped compared to other guns when the final game is released. I think using varied clip sizes can help balance this out some.
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2010