1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 Clubhouse

Discussion in 'techPowerUp! Club Forum' started by 1Kurgan1, Jan 23, 2010.

1. Wrigleyvillain

Wrigleyvillain PTFO or GTFO

Thanks Received:
    Yeah it's a great weapon and as I said I am definitely getting more kills than I did at least with earlier medic and assault guns. But it's mainly accuracy more than damage. In fact yesterday I hit two different guys point blank in the chest twice with the M60 as they were swinging to knife me and they ended up with my dog tags :mad:

However I also cleared a rooftop of 3 enemies in less than 5 seconds with it too so it goes both ways I guess :)

2. majestic12

majestic12

Thanks Received:
    point blank = shock paddle death!

3. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    I play in DX10, but I use fraps.

Play with the last Medic unlock to increase accuracy it's a lot better than magnum ammo.

4. gumpty

gumpty

Thanks Received:
    New update

Don't know if this has been posted already, but it updated when I started Steam just now.

~20MB update

1Kurgan1, DannibusX and Wrigleyvillain say thanks.
  5. Wrigleyvillain

Thanks Received:
    ^ Nope, thanks...

Yeah that would've been sweet but not enough time to react.

6. shevanel

shevanel New Member

Thanks Received:
    I noticed the spot button only works when used more precisely and I've noticed that the end of match warning horn only sounds twice instead of a constant wife nagging instigating horn.

Server browser does seem more responsive as well and I really havnt had any issues with disconnecting from server anymore.

Mussels says thanks.
  7. DannibusX

DannibusX

Thanks Received:
    I gotta say that I am really enjoying BC2. I really suck at the game though, but I am improving. I have to say the highlight of my experience on the Virginia server was a spin/panic/trigger pull sniper rifle kill on Kurgan. He was gonna make me his latest knife victim.

He's like Lancelot from Holy Grail, just keeps coming and coming.

From then on he shot me dead :(

1Kurgan1 says thanks.
  8. Wrigleyvillain

Thanks Received:
    [​IMG]

Mussels, Nick89, sike89 and 2 others say thanks.
  9. shevanel

shevanel New Member

Thanks Received:
    the most fun Ive had is squad DM on arica harbour or rush on valapariso/isle of inocentes those 2 maps on rush are so damn fun, especially on defense.. the way the maps are setup you just have to endure a nonstop rush of attackers and the maps are brilliantly laid out.

you can tell alot of experience and dedication went into making this game, everything down to the last detail is right in there. for every one thing I find wrong in the game, and there isn't many, I can find 10 things to make up for it.

I don't know if it's something ive never noticed but the sniper muzzle flashes and bullet trails are intense followed behind that crackle of a distant shot.. on arica harbor you hear it more but that just makes the game so realistic and that's only like .03% of everything else that makes this game so enjoyable. Even when I'm playing bad I'm having fun.

I just wish i didn't have all the guns unlocked (almost all).. I really hope they add some level unlocks or more weapons in the future. (doubtful though since the game already has almost every bad ass weapon known to man)

would be sweet if engi could set up sentry's or to see an AK47, DE or maybe even some flash bangs or explosive ammo. hell while Im at it you might as well throw in green laser sights and night vision but now im just going to far lol

I'd LOVE to see a couple more urban maps though with a city theme or downtown market like cs_italy or de_piranesi ;=)

10. Wrigleyvillain

Thanks Received:
    I hear you and generally agree as far as the design, art and sound direction and overall gameplay is concerned. And my experience has also generally been problem free. However there are definitely a lot of issues (Note this is DICE's present response to the list of "reported issues" at the official forum):

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/...y-2-pc/978641-reported-issues-noted-dice.html

11. TRIPTEX_CAN

TRIPTEX_CAN

Thanks Received:
  12. ShiBDiB

ShiBDiB

Thanks Received:
    just something thats been bugging me.. problly only cause im in the military and noticed it.. but the main guy on the splash screen has his m4 setup as a righty would.. but his drop holster is on his left leg..

bugs me :p

13. Wrigleyvillain

Thanks Received:
    ^ Hmm ok so the art direction isn't perfect :laugh:

My girlfriend asked me why that dude's crotch is on fire.

14. digibucc

digibucc

Thanks Received:
  15. boise49ers

boise49ers

Thanks Received:
    Yep it gets better as you play more. It isn't outrageous
    either where you are getting slaughtered 25 times in a match like MW2.
    I have went from twice as many deaths in a round to about even in a round now.
    If I get 10 kills that is a lot in this game. So much more to do then run around shooting
    each other. Blowing stuff up is the best part of the game :D

16. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    That was quite a disappointing time, was so close then 1 shot. You should put the TPU tag on, I see you don't have a clan tag.

Valapariso is probably the map I hate in this game the most, I love Arica, but specifically because of Vala I pretty much stay away from Rush. It's just a map with no cover for anyone, especially the 3rd part, it's more a game of who can hide way way in the back and not die as much.

And I too hope to see some new maps soon, some more Urban maps would be great.

17. digibucc

digibucc

Thanks Received:
    yeah more maps are a must. I know(think) they have already announced there would be some, and for free for us... but hurry it up :)

I know there are issues to fix and all, but we've been mighty loyal and patient with said issues. I want more than 5 maps to cycle through on a given mode. and I want the damn servers to be able to CYCLE MODES!! how stupid is that?

18. TRIPTEX_CAN

TRIPTEX_CAN

Thanks Received:
    Yeah I like how this one has the options for sound, FOV, and render ahead. Looks decent. I'll have to do some testing with the render ahead as well.

19. ShiBDiB

ShiBDiB

Thanks Received:
    what does render ahead do exactly.. i have everything maxxed on dx10 with bloom off and renderahead set at 2 and for the most part my fps is 40+, would changing it to anything else improve that at all

20. shevanel

shevanel New Member

Thanks Received:
    with everything turned down does it cause a player to spot targets easier?

Im concerned about that.

edit I downloaded that new config and turned every slider to the far left and I'm going to see how much it matters... after the game finishes updating.

edit again.. it doesnt make much of a difference really. some of the brush appears thinner and shadows are still there but just uglier.. not nearly as bad as the mini map hack

Last edited: Mar 22, 2010
  21. TRIPTEX_CAN

TRIPTEX_CAN

Thanks Received:
    I was just reading some threads about it. This sets the number of frames the engine has the CPU calculate in before sending the work to the GPU. In the beta it was hard coded to 5 and that lead to most people experiencing input lag and teh extra load on the CPU cause the game to be almost unplayable for most dual core systems (clocked under 3.3Ghz). From what I understand dual core users should have this set to 1 or 0.

It's essentially the same idea as triple buffering with more options.

22. shevanel

shevanel New Member

Thanks Received:
    does it look like my AA is set too low? sometimes I play and things look sharp and other times things look fuzzy! especially the big boulders on Arica harbor.. I'm using 16xAF and 8xCSaa I dont know the diff between 16xQsaa and 16xCsaa, can anyone explain?

Plus, my FOV is set to 59.. and it just seems like my solider has no peripheral vision :-(

[​IMG]

23. epicfail

epicfail New Member

Thanks Received:
    my fov is set to 70 or 75 so ya that would make sense that it doesnt seem like you do, nice fps though.

24. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    You get CSAA options with a 5870?! I don't get these options with my 5850 as it is Nvidia AA.

25. ShiBDiB

ShiBDiB

Thanks Received:
    59 is really low, i play at 90 but it depends on what res u use