1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 Clubhouse

Discussion in 'techPowerUp! Club Forum' started by 1Kurgan1, Jan 23, 2010.

1. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    Yeah, I mean, if there service isn't good enough, we paid for it, it should be on there end to get that figured out, thats why we paid for it.

A central server would be better overall, for East and West coast, I think I may start looking into one even, we'll see.
  2. epicfail

epicfail New Member

Thanks Received:
    If i remember right there was some good Seattle servers in CSS, and MW
    so should be able to find some for this.
  3. digibucc

digibucc

Thanks Received:
    i'm fine with tpu having one, but i personally will not invest in one that far away. I live in the mountains of NY, and get a bad enough ping to the server in my state! people from the west coast get equivalent pings to me, which is crazy. so for me to even consider a server past central, is also crazy. again i have no problem with a group TPU server on the west coast, I just won't pay for it.

And with the money we have already given/continue to give to MiS, this should be resolved and quickly. I did not realize it was specific to our server - that's what i get for never venturing out.

there's also something to be said for administration. obviously the crashing is the main issue - but there are more people like canin im sure who get upset and rage quit at the drop of a hat. it's simply not possible or feasible (nor would i be willing) to have someone administrate 24/7 ... so until the overall server software is fixed (auto balance, map rotation) that will be another issue to deal with...
  4. TRIPTEX_CAN

TRIPTEX_CAN

Thanks Received:
    With a decent provider I ping really well to Chicago (~15-20ms). I also think anything up to the area of 150ms is still playable in this game which usually would be an absolute disaster in mos online FPSs... I almost broke 60 kills in the UK TPU server last night. So while lattency is always a concern I don't think it's our main concern here but some people are still pinging over 150ms to VA from CA and that's a little retarded imo. If the server itself is stable we should be able to keep it populated.

@ digibucc. about the team balance issue. This isnt server specific and many of the servers I've played in are haivng the same problems with balance. I understand that Canin found it frustrating to see 3v7 and I wasnt there so I can't comment on that but if our server had a better connection and didnt crash I dont think we'd have to deal with these low pop balancing issues.

I think we should put it to an internal vote some time soon to see who feels we're getting our moneys worth because in the end it all comes down to money.
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2010
  5. johnnyfiive

johnnyfiive

Thanks Received:
    I'm sad that whenever I go to play on our server its empty. :(
  6. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    Well I just got bored and bought a server, more info to come later, lol.
    TRIPTEX_CAN says thanks.
  7. TRIPTEX_CAN

TRIPTEX_CAN

Thanks Received:
    I think you should call it Kurgans Krazy Klubhouz.

.. or perhaps something slightly less offensive?
    1Kurgan1 says thanks.
  8. ShiBDiB

ShiBDiB

Thanks Received:
    kurg if u need an admin send me a pm, and i can see about sending a few bucks a month thru paypal if u need to offset the cost
    1Kurgan1 says thanks.
  9. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    Lol, that is a great name, I'm not sure what the plan is with it, I'm not even sure why I bought it yet, it was more of an impulse buy, once I get the email from them verifying that I have it, then I'll start to get things worked out.

**EDIT**
    Got the email, not any time before college to figure anything out though, but that fun will come this afternoon.

Will do, also to let everyone know, it is a Chicago server through Game Servers.
    Black Haru says thanks.
  10. TRIPTEX_CAN

TRIPTEX_CAN

Thanks Received:
    Id be very interested in seeing if we can get MIS to move our VA server to another major location like Chicago or NY. I'll PM Rhino
  11. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    Thats probably a good idea, if the real problem is the VA location, sounds like they are a large company, they should be able to work something out.
  12. digibucc

digibucc

Thanks Received:
    that's what i was thinking. sucks the NY server gets less traffic, as it runs very well.
    1Kurgan1 says thanks.
  13. Black Haru

Black Haru

Thanks Received:
    Excellent. I would be willing to donate a few buck to the Chicago server. (very close to where I live) 10ms ping FTW!

Let us know the info asap, also, Kurg, I will send you $$ info later this week.
    1Kurgan1 says thanks.
  14. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    Yeah I played a few rounds in it and it ran fantastic.

Will do later on tonight :toast:
  15. TRIPTEX_CAN

TRIPTEX_CAN

Thanks Received:
    It does run very well I agree.. put it to 24/7, 24 player Rush Arica Harbor and Isla Inocentes.

Call it "[TPU] New york - 24/7 RUSH Arica/Isla"

It should populate then.
    digibucc says thanks.
  16. boise49ers

boise49ers

Thanks Received:
    Yeah, I just was hoping some one from TPU will start one. So many of the servers are full of idiots or people that take the game way beyond fun. I like the TPU guys even though most totally slaughter my sorry butt. How do find where servers are located ?
    I'd be willing to administer one if I got one close enough to me. Like the same State or Oregon, SLC. One possible problem would be I only game about 4/5 hours a week.
  17. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    That sounds like a really good idea, Arica and Isle are the best maps, that would probably up the player count, Vala usually makes people drop.

It's hard to tell where they are from unless they put it in there name, I usually just search by ping.
  18. boise49ers

boise49ers

Thanks Received:
    Denver :roll: Can't blame a guy for trying. Is Kursah a BFBC2 player ? Maybe I can get
    ahold of him and see what we could figure out. He is right next door in Montana.
  19. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    Kursah plays, but I believe his BeerMe Clan has a server, I played there a few times, maybe see where they are located at.
  20. digibucc

digibucc

Thanks Received:
    done.

I like squad rush/sqdm much more.... but i seem to be in the minority with that ;) plus it massively limits the amount of players so you're right, rush probably is the best option.

I made the recommended changes...
    TRIPTEX_CAN and 1Kurgan1 say thanks.
  21. epicfail

epicfail New Member

Thanks Received:
    by the way id like to blame my innability to drive a helicopter on the old server.

edit:eek: and rhino and soviet spawn camping ;-)
    lemode says thanks.
  22. boise49ers

boise49ers

Thanks Received:
    Oh that'll work. I actually have had good luck on the NY sever
    if it was populated. Never lost connection and no lag. Thanks !
  23. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    Any server within the US should be good Ping on really, Heck I even get like 110 to UK, which isn't bad at all. If you guys want to try and ping the new Chicago server I got, here is the IP 68.232.176.187, see what you get for ping.
    lemode and digibucc say thanks.
  24. digibucc

digibucc

Thanks Received:
    lol I pinged it and got 129ms ... i had steam downloading JC2 though, paused it and get 41 :)
    sry for the half post at first ;) 41 is better than VA

yeah i'm not joking when i say i live in the mountains. i am only about 3 hours from NYC but i get a 30+ms ping... the infrastructure through this whole area is crap...
    1Kurgan1 says thanks.
  25. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    Wow, I only got 8ms... But now tried a few more times, always about 30ms flat, very nice.

Thats good to hear, by the sounds of it, if your getting a good connection, then everyone else in the US and CA should.