1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 Clubhouse

Discussion in 'techPowerUp! Club Forum' started by 1Kurgan1, Jan 23, 2010.

1. warup89

Thanks Received:
    you got the root of the problem :laugh:, i was playing TF2 for a while before playing this game. I guess im used to simple UI menu.
  2. Black Haru

Black Haru

Thanks Received:
    I have to say,explosive spam is very noobish... that's why I love the gustav. I get to be the noobest noob of all. though considering I maintain 100% accuracy (over 500 total rockets fired)I wouldn't call it "spam".
  3. epicfail

epicfail New Member

Thanks Received:
    is it really that hard to keep 100% accuracy considering anythign in the AOE of the rocket which im guessing you have additional explosive dmg, you can do 1 dmg and it counts as your hitting someone. dont no, about rockets really dont use them
  4. Black Haru

Black Haru

Thanks Received:
    yeah, its pretty easy. though really its more you'll miss some, and get multiple hits on others that evens it out. I get at least one triple kill a game and several double kills
  5. TRIPTEX_CAN

TRIPTEX_CAN

Thanks Received:
    I guess it call it spam because it's a constant thing.. not because it's random and inaccurate. I'd call it explosive phishing if it was much less effective.

I think the splash on the CG is just retarded and I cannot wait for it to get nerfed but honestly was bugs me is all the people who use it as primary. There are just too many who use the CG like it's some form if legitimate and skill requiring tactic. It's shouldn't be so efffective against infantry and neither should the GL.

So I beg all of you. Use FUCKING bullets.
    Wrigleyvillain and 1Kurgan1 say thanks.
  6. Loosenut

Loosenut

Thanks Received:
    With my stats, I'll take what I can get :p :laugh:
  7. kid41212003

kid41212003

Thanks Received:
    You shut up! I didn't play Assault in the past 3 weeks or so! :laugh:

Yeah, 1 hit 1 kill for GL will just make people keep spamming them. The damage should be reduce to 50%.
  8. epicfail

epicfail New Member

Thanks Received:
    Ya then everyone can go to the better addon
    Smoke launcher
  9. TRIPTEX_CAN

TRIPTEX_CAN

Thanks Received:
    Or the 40mm SG.

What bugs me the most is how the explosive abuse (IMO) ruins the gameplay on maps like white pass. Where I expect to have some good infantry based gunfights all I see is non stop rockets and GL spam. If the the balance of explosive abuse isn't reviewed and altered I'll probably cut bait on this game.
  10. kid41212003

kid41212003

Thanks Received:
    74 kills for the GL.
    I saw peps that have same lvls as me, but their GL have 8 stars! :eek:

[​IMG]
  11. Loosenut

Loosenut

Thanks Received:
  12. warup89

Thanks Received:
    Thats one serious bug y'all talking about. The splash for the CG is just too much, and I dont know whats wrong with the Grenade launcher, but its just too powerful. I know i real life those two would do the same damage. but how come in Bf2 [and other games] no one uses it like that? this whole explosive Frenzy started in CoD MW IMO.

-even if get owned with those noob cannons, i never use them like that, instead i just get real 1337 with a assault and take down 3 or 4 before some uses a noob cannon on me, using my trusty metal jackets ^_^.
  13. Black Haru

Black Haru

Thanks Received:
    I use gustav as primary, and I do agree that the splash is a bit ridiculous however, a rocket is a one hit kill, in any game period (with few exceptions)

also, the gustav IS an anti bunker/ anti personnel launcher NOT an anti vehicle launcher. I defend my noobness.

one way to reduce explosive spam is to increase the resupply time on it. nerf it that way.

*edit* thinking about it, white pass is a noob spam type of map anyway (I don't like it)
  14. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    Honestly, I feel that the Medic is the best kit for White Pass. It is fun using the noobtubes, but if you keep to the boarders of the map and away from houses, you will absolutely dice people apart. Only reason the GL could be better is because everyone huttles into a house and when a wall blows up it kills them.

I usually always play Medic there and I am very common on the top of the list.
  15. Black Haru

Black Haru

Thanks Received:
    I'm not so sure that you being at the top has to do with playing medic kurgan.
    staying at the edge is smart. I always get knifed on the ledge above B while I'm Gustav sniping.
    1Kurgan1 says thanks.
  16. epicfail

epicfail New Member

Thanks Received:
    because you get 50 a rez and 80 for a squad rez.

20 for heals, 40 for squad heals

add that to 50 per kill plus 10 for a headshot with the overpowered m60

:toast:
  17. kid41212003

kid41212003

Thanks Received:
    I shot a guy straight on the face with the GL. :laugh:
  18. digibucc

digibucc

Thanks Received:
    not that i enjoy getting killed by the CG - and I absolutely hate the 40mm - but we are talking about explosives here. I really don't think the splash radius of the rockets is too high - they are ROCKETS!!

and for whatever everyone says, it's not THAT easy to be a master with either. you have to learn the way it works just like a a gun. and if it were really that unbalanced, many more people than there are would be using it as their main.

yeah it sucks when you die by one - but just because I don't like it isn't reason enough to nerf it.
  19. warup89

Thanks Received:
    oh crap, you earn point by healing?...no wonder a lot of people choose medic...Dooooiiiii ><.

-Also what mode do you guys think its the best to earn a bunch of points? I normally use Conquest.
  20. epicfail

epicfail New Member

Thanks Received:
    depends which class.

Medic is everything i liked using hardcore cuz if they get shot like once or twice you get like 80-120 points just healing them and thats one person,

Engineer go on a map with tanks and repair your squads stuff. rush is good because they dont usualy sneak behind you just hide behind the tank and repair.

Assault is easy just play and kill things and throw ammo packs to people.

Recon throw random motion mines, in conquest, run around and knife shit or go in hardcore and snipe stuff.
    warup89 says thanks.
  21. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    New Assault list is now up!

[​IMG]

I knife people up there all the time, then crouch behind the rocks and always watch my sides.

I don't rez much on that map, I'm not crazy enough to run down into the buildings to get noobtubed trying to save someone else who was noobtubed. I heal the people that stick with me on the edges, which is some points, and I use my M60 with iron sights, so any headshot I get, I damn well earned that. Also, by tops, I also meant kills, my last White Pass was 19/4, all Medic Powah.

How I look at the M60 is, most Assault classes play with noobtubes as primary (thats OP), Engineers get a PP2000 which in the proper hands can drop a guy with an M60 even at range (and they get a freaking Gustav), Medic gets the M60 and is the only class that can't do crap to vehicles (although I have been known to stand on tanks and knife wildly), and Snipers get a slew of great choices. Beyond the M60, the other guns really do suck, every other kit has something amazing, I know the M60 is getting nerfed, but I think everyone will be surprised as I have a feeling it's not going to be that much, unless they remove gustavs, noobtubes, and mortar strikes. Every other kit has a secondary killing ability (some of them use this as their main), medic has 1 choice, is useless against tanks, and if it comes time to reload, you might as well die (and knife a few people doing so).
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2010
    TRIPTEX_CAN says thanks.
  22. ZenZimZaliben

ZenZimZaliben

Thanks Received:
    CG, 40mm Grenades, M60, Hand Grenades...There will always be a better weapon. Or maybe it would be better if every class just had the same weapons....Boring! Then it would be the knife that is OP. Rather then nerf the damage, which I do not think they should do, they should increase load times and decrease ammo carried and make the armor gadget not only increase health by 25% but maybe soak 25% splash damage.
    digibucc says thanks.
  23. Apocolypse007

Apocolypse007 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Anyone else get the UMP for the Engineer class yet? I love this gun.
  24. boise49ers

boise49ers

Thanks Received:
    Maybe not used properly. Lots of them running around with those big ass MGs, but very few reviving people is my experience. TPU servers do revive more then any of the others I have been to. I don't play that class to often , but I have noticed if you are in heavy action it is easily forgot and you end up trying to save yourself first. Can you throw down a med pack and use it yourself ? I assume yes, but I usually can't make that many quick decisions in time to save my own ass. That should come with time too. I watched my son chase down a guy one night while he was bleeding out and actually jump up and down in front of him to give up a med kit then when he did they both got blasted point blank by a tank. The guys was lit up by Q the whole time. I laughed my ass off. He probably covered half the map in Panama Canal getting this guys attention. Noob or a total dick. !
  25. Apocolypse007

Apocolypse007 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hopefully when the m60 is nerfed (and Dice said it would be, along with the 1911), there will be less idiots running around with the medic kit just for the weapon and not for the role.

When I play medic, I always rez people rather than go for kills, the only exception being when an enemy is 10 feet away trying to kill me. Same thing with assault class, I will always provide ammo when I see the icon on the radar with someone who needs some, and I always lay down packs where friendlys congregate.

Also, as a recon I will toss motion mines at enemy flags and popular paths of travel. These are so much more important than most people realize.

What really ticks me off, however, is when I am playing engineer (my favorite class) and trying to repair a tank and the friendly in the tank just keeps running away rather than let me repair him. 9/10 times they always get blown up and I end up getting gunned down when this happens. People when I am repairing you STAND STILL, and we will both have a decent chance at survival.