1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 Clubhouse

Discussion in 'techPowerUp! Club Forum' started by 1Kurgan1, Jan 23, 2010.

1. copenhagen69

Thanks Received:
    daaaang ... that sounds like a painful recovery :eek:

2. crazyeyesreaper

crazyeyesreaper Chief Broken Rig

Thanks Received:
    yup for about a month i could only use 1 eye and since im legally blind it made gaming of any kind a bitch. but it was worth it now with my glasses on and walkin in public i dont look like a crack addict so well worth the torture lol

3. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    Well as long as you dont order pizza just to put it in your pants, you fine with me, you can even get it with oreo's if you like.

crazyeyesreaper says thanks.
  4. crazyeyesreaper

Thanks Received:
    lol screw that id rather eat the pizza and drink a beer and then shoot you with my shotgun in badcompany2 lol seems like a far better idea :toast:

i await the day i earn kurgans dog tags

1Kurgan1 says thanks.
  5. Loosenut

Loosenut

Thanks Received:
    :laugh: I like your sig and I did get a good laugh. Thanks reaper :toast:

crazyeyesreaper says thanks.
  6. pantherx12

pantherx12 New Member

Thanks Received:
    I got the game earlier and completed the single player.

The game was enjoyable but had lots of flaws.

Did anyone else play around with the destructible environments, I decided to play around to see how the effects where done.

Seems buildings have around 6-8 blow out points, and a single "B.O.P" completely disappears instantly, at the same time a dust cloud instantly spawns. I thought this was a pretty cheap affect : /

I was expecting a physics based destructible environment : [

AI really got on my nerves as well. May as well of been playing the game myself.

*un installs game*

Guess not everyone can like a game lol

7. btarunr

btarunr Editor & Senior Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I don't think many PC gamers bought BC2 (or any Battlefield game) for its single-player.

8. crazyeyesreaper

Thanks Received:
    lol buying a battlefield game for single player is like buying a console FPS for bot matches lol

no one does that

battlefield is all about the multiplayer

TheLaughingMan, 1Kurgan1 and digibucc say thanks.
  9. digibucc

digibucc

Thanks Received:
    i think i finally got it - steve buscemi from Mr Deeds?

10. crazyeyesreaper

Thanks Received:
    lol yes indeed thats who it is

digibucc says thanks.
  11. pantherx12

pantherx12 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Okay :S

Odd point to make :laugh:

12. digibucc

digibucc

Thanks Received:
    i can see where you're coming from -

but at the same time, the problems you have are a bigger deal in SP. AI doesn't matter in MP. and destruction could be better but you are more worried about the knife in your back or AK in your face to pay that much attention to it. when you don't dwell it actually looks pretty epic...

so i have to agree with bta and crazyeyes - the game is made in multiplayer, like all battlefields. expecting the SP to be great and the effects to be crazy powerful when the game will 90% be you and 30 other people fighting online is not really realistic. amazing physics destruction effects aren't really possible in an online FPS at a large scale. most people wouldn't be able to run something like that.

sucks for you and SP, but for MP your issues don't really affect anything... and since BF is a MP game those issues in turn shouldn't really influence anyones purchase or opinion of the game overall...

13. pantherx12

pantherx12 New Member

Thanks Received:
    The graphics would still be in the same in multi-player and annoy me.

Fair point on AI though.

digibucc says thanks.
  14. digibucc

digibucc

Thanks Received:
    no i understand they would be the same, but my point is in MP you rarely have the time to inspect them.

when it is effectively a warzone, you are dodging rockets and gunfire and tanks, and the tank blows a building in front of you, you are more worried about saving your ass than how accurate the physics are.

MP is hectic and fast, and when you get in that mode you don't notice the specifics as much. you just notice a huge warzone with buildings being destroyed and epic war. it's just TOOO much fun to be thinking about the physics. at least for me. there is so much more going on in multiplayer that your attention is divided, and it works to provide a truly epic experience. i can't even explain some of the amazing MP moments i have had. SP is ok but soo stale compared.

and the other point was performance. they needed a game that a lot of people could play at decent rates online. accurate physics destruction models would have made that impossible.

15. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    I don't completely understand what your saying, simply because there are 2 choices for games when you want destructible buildings, the 1st being Crysis, and if the buildings are made out of cement, it isnt happening. And the 2nd is a console port, Red Faction, which has more detailed construction, but I have seen the entire top half of buildings held up by some pretty flimsy metal poles.

So yes the destruction zones are a bit large, but who cares, it's destructible, the buildings drop, and it's competition offers nothing like it. Also more appears than just dust, thats the effect for roofs, if you hit anything cement bricks should fly out from where the wall use to be.

I can understand your single player frustrations and I can't really make any excuses there, except that, I don't even remember 1942, vietnam, or bf2 even really having a story driven single player campaign. The BF series is where multiplayer large scale warfare started, and I hope thats where the series stays pointed at.

But all of that brings me to the question... why are you uninstalling the game after just playing the single player and judging it solely on that? I mean me personally, I have only played through 1 SP mission, and if the SP is crap, I honestly don't care, because the games gonna give me the most play time in MP, and thats where the most fun is. I really don't even care if the game had an SP honestly

Wrigleyvillain and digibucc say thanks.
  16. pantherx12

pantherx12 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Stop saying " you" like it applies to all man :p

I do see stuff like that its really annoying :laugh:

Just wanted to share my experience with the game is all : ]

Is there any FPS games that take more then a few hours to complete these days?
    I've been let down more by each game that comes out in terms of gameplay, thinking of packing in the whole PC gaming thing because it it. : [

@at guy above, lots of games have these effects is what I'm saying, they're old this game just has more things that do it then usual.

digibucc says thanks.
  17. digibucc

digibucc

Thanks Received:
    not FPS , but Just Cause 2 is awesome. stole 40 hours form me already. recommended.

18. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    I made a list of the 2 that I can think of, and I really dont even want to count Crysis. I really can't think of any good games besides the Red Faction series that have actually had destruction on this level.

But I still am going to say, play the multiplayer. I really don't think anyone here would have recommended you buy this game for the single player campaign, if you had asked before you bought it. It's just not what BF is about. And lots of games can pull some fancy tricks, but when it comes to multiplayer, things like destruction usually must be simplified, or flat out removed. This game looks amazing and you can flat out level houses with enemys in it, just too much fun.

19. pantherx12

pantherx12 New Member

Thanks Received:
    I don't want to play the multi-player dude thanks.

Not really my thing. I play games to get away from the world so playing online defeats the purpose for me.

In terms of listing though, all the effects are fairly simple, you'll find them in a lot of games : ] for example try shooting the top half of of a fence off, in fact shoot the top of a whole section of fence, look at the pattern repeat itself on the left over bottom half.

Its just a case of remove x and replace with y ( smoke and some spawned debris in most cases with a hole in other cases XD )

They do deserve kudos for implementing just so many things that react though, most devs don't even bother even though its not to hard to do : [

Last edited: Apr 2, 2010
  20. lemode New Member

Thanks Received:
    LOL worthy.

21. pantherx12

pantherx12 New Member

Thanks Received:
    I fail to see how me not enjoying reality and thus escaping to books and games to escape is funny. Many people do the same. : /

Or is it the online part?

Maybe I should explain to you, people ( even ones behind a computer and miles away) are still people, people annoy me.

Sometimes I want a break. :toast:

Sort of highlighted why I don't like online play with your post there :laugh:

22. lemode New Member

Thanks Received:
    I just think your annoyance with online gaming is funny.

If that annoys you, makes me wonder why you belong to a public forum. Too many e-tards on the internet period. Not just in online gaming.

TheLaughingMan says thanks.
  23. pantherx12

pantherx12 New Member

Thanks Received:
    2 things

Reply to first line : you laughed at me merely saying " not really my thing", doesn't really make me out to be annoyed does it?

Also you miss the point of the very piece you quoted.

"I play games to get away from the world"

Thus me being on a forum is irrelevant.
    I go on a forum to interact with people, a game to game.

Your logic sah, tis rather skiwiff.

24. DrPepper

DrPepper The Doctor is in the house

Thanks Received:
    I get tired of FPS' quickly since the majority of people who play them are complete retards. I kind of agree with panther as right now I'm enjoying HOI3 and just cause but I do like BF2 and BFBC2 occaisonally.

25. EastCoasthandle

EastCoasthandle New Member

Thanks Received:
    Ever experience this while gaming. From the discussions I've read it appears that any multi burst weapon (pistol M93R, LMGs, and some ARs) exhibit this problem. If you use a weapon that allows for firing 1 bullet at a time you will more then likely register more hits. Or simply use less rounds.