1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 Clubhouse

Discussion in 'techPowerUp! Club Forum' started by 1Kurgan1, Jan 23, 2010.

1. DrPepper

DrPepper The Doctor is in the house

Thanks Received:
    Not as bad as that usually when the person is on the last bit of health and they live because of crappy hitboxes.
  2. boise49ers

boise49ers

Thanks Received:
    Maybe there should be a new thread for that then? The folks that come here are mostly people who enjoy the game as far as I can tell. If you aren't really into FPS games that may have put you on the wrong side of trying it out in the first place. I don't care for RPS games, so you know what ? I don't buy them or play them. Just a Thought !
  3. shevanel

shevanel New Member

Thanks Received:
    i wouldve sold my 5870 for gaming if BC2 hadnt come out. No other reason to own a gaming GPU at the moment.
  4. ShiBDiB

ShiBDiB

Thanks Received:
    can we ban panther from this thread? :D

no but seriously can we
  5. Wrigleyvillain

Wrigleyvillain PTFO or GTFO

Thanks Received:
    Yeah some head-scratching comments but be nice... :p
  6. TheLaughingMan

TheLaughingMan

Thanks Received:
    I just wanted to say a physics based destructible environment should be nearly impossible only. The explosion being generated in game by the physics would have the be the exact same on the 30+ computers connected to it. The only way you can do that is if the server does the physic calculations and bandwidth would be eaten alive by the data stream.

For clarification, only Bad Company has a Single Player story of any kind. Single player mode in all other Battlefields should have just be called practice mod cause that is all it was.

I fell sorry for Panther because Battlefield Bad Company 2 is not really a single player game and $50 to play Single Player only is a waste of $40 and a bad investment.

Panther if you want a game you can play for a long time and not have to deal with people, switch to RPG's. If you prefer shooters go with Mass Effect and Bio-shock. If you want an RPG that is not FPSish and still fast paced, got with Star Ocean 3 and 4.
  7. pantherx12

pantherx12 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Yeah a new thread would be fair enough, this was just the only active BBC thread so thought chatting about it here would be cool.

Thanks for the suggestions TLM, I actually started on RPGs but it feels they're short these days too.

Maybe I was just crap at gaming as a kid lol games felt longer.
  8. TheLaughingMan

TheLaughingMan

Thanks Received:
    Really. Not sure what RPG's you are playing, but

Star Ocean 3 = 70 hours +
    Star Ocean 4 = 50 hours +
    Dragon Age: Origins = I am 15% done at 23 hours in.

Those will last you plenty of time. S.O. is a console game if that matters.

To stay on subject. Why does the dot sight improve accuracy on the Sniper rifles? That is just not plausible.
  9. lemode New Member

Thanks Received:
    EDIT*

need a break from the game for a few hours...don't want to get too burnt out.

had some good games on Kurgan's server with Stak. And apparently I got my k/d up 2 points not even really trying to do well today. lol I have just loaded the SAGIA w/slug rounds and magnum and I have pulled a 11-0 and 15-0 today with that.

If anyone needs the admin to do anything on Kurgan’s server PM me.
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2010
  10. Stak New Member

Thanks Received:
    lol started with 0.97 and ended up at 1.01Kd :D. Yes, we did have some nice games, we won all!!! :toast:
  11. copenhagen69

Thanks Received:
    how long does it take to get slugs with that gun?
  12. lemode New Member

Thanks Received:
    You unlock magnum rounds in your Teens don't really remember what level exactly.
  13. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    Well, this is very cool, last night the Chicago server filled right around this time, and it has been full through the entire night and entire morning, a full 24 hours of being practically full. Still looking for some mods, and if you don't want to mod and want to help out with some reserve slots, I have already had to make room for a few people since the server has been extremely active.

Yep, I've had that happen, usually though I die before I can fire off that much. But I just have to restrain myself from holding down the trigger, yes it should make me more inaccurate by going full auto, but when I have the crosshairs dead on the guy the entire time, compensating for the recoil, he should die, and lots of times, they don['t.

Yeah you been playing like crazy :laugh:
  14. Lionheart

Lionheart

Thanks Received:
    has anyone got any crashes in this game yet, I just got one about 3mins ago playin in multiplayer:mad: I was kickin arse in kurgans server and comin first on Atacama Desert then boom, it froze:cry:
  15. SK-1

SK-1

Thanks Received:
    No crashes, but I cant seem to find any problem free crossfire profiles:confused:
  16. copenhagen69

Thanks Received:
    just crashed about an hour ago for the first time ... game froze up :banghead:
  17. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    We now have 1 more mod for the Chicago server jlewis02/ShadowScorpion, anyones else interested in modding or getting a reserve slot, toss me a pm, a little bit more and the server will be set to stay up for good.
  18. Lionheart

Lionheart

Thanks Received:
    This sux ballz, glad im not the only one though, I thought it would be my overclock on the GPU but its not even hot down under!:eek:
  19. brandonwh64

brandonwh64 Addicted to Bacon and StarCrunches!!!

Thanks Received:
    i can tell the weather is changing and my rig isnt going to take the overclock much longer. even under water the CPU idled today at 45deg cel when it was 80 deg F outside with no AC on :(
    Crunching for Team TPU
  20. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    Why downclock the GPU, your running the processor over 1.3ghz faster than the factory rating. I had to drop my CPU OC 2 times in order for this game to be happy, but honestly it dont matter as I still play with it all on highs.
  21. Lionheart

Lionheart

Thanks Received:
    Yeah I see your point, plus I forgot that this game was multithreaded:ohwell: plus I have high voltage on the CPU but its the only it stays stable at those speeds:eek:
  22. bigtye New Member

Thanks Received:
    Yeah, I get a random crash straight to desk top every now and then. Not often enough for me to try to fix.

As luck would have it, it always seems to be during a good round with a good squad on a good server. Lol, never when i am getting spawn camped against a team stacked bunch of muppets.

Tye
  23. Lionheart

Lionheart

Thanks Received:
    I know your pain:banghead::banghead::banghead:
  24. boise49ers

boise49ers

Thanks Received:
    Us older guys are to nice sometimes. A few more beers and I'll jump on the bandwagon.
    Kurgan was full so I went to a foreign french server. No wonder they got their asses kicked in WW2. It was hardcore and I still kicked butt. Cover doesn't seem to be something they understand, to my benefit of course.:roll:
  25. boise49ers

boise49ers

Thanks Received:
    Man that would piss me off. I really haven't had any crashes or server problems except when it was disconnecting a couple nights ago and that was my ISP. My whole internet was screwed up. It is really stable with a dual core and old school 4870. Driver issues with the new 5000 series maybe ?