1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 Clubhouse

Discussion in 'techPowerUp! Club Forum' started by 1Kurgan1, Jan 23, 2010.

1. boise49ers

boise49ers

Thanks Received:
    I hear that. Have you heard what the date for the ATI fix is scheduled for ?
  2. DrPepper

DrPepper The Doctor is in the house

Thanks Received:
    I haven't heard but I think there may be a leak floating around. I wouldn't use beta drivers anyway.
  3. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    ding!

"within a week"
  4. FreedomEclipse

FreedomEclipse ~Technological Technocrat~

Thanks Received:
    they need to add more splash damage to (& excuse my french here...) cunts, assholes, asshats, Jackasses, wankers, bitches & n*gras to AT weapons. I am sick & fucking tired of one cunt running upto me, letting off a rocket at knifing distance & still survive like i wasnt even there at all.

its not very realistic, its damn fucking annoying & wankers that do that need to be banned from the internet.

AT weapons usually have a short timing fuse before it activates the charge/warhead. why the fuck do you think you can fire a nade from your launcher right at the floor right between your feet & it wont go off?? - the same principle applies here with AT weapons.
  5. boise49ers

boise49ers

Thanks Received:
    I think the beta that is out is the one for the 5000 series. I used it on my entertainment computer. No issues yet , but it didn't fix the flickering screen like it suppose too. I just disabled my Desktop LCD though and now TV pictures Great. Now all I need to do is spring for the $60 upgrade to get Digital Surround thru my Blu-Ray. Got to buy the wife a new grill first though. Promises always have a way of coming back on yuh. We need one though. It's that time of year. Finally.
  6. boise49ers

boise49ers

Thanks Received:
    Cool I hope it is before Friday Night Gaming :D Been on the Beer_Me server lately, but its always hardcore now. I'm getting better, but that doesn't allow me to make gains on my kill death ratio, because I still run about the same on the hardcore servers. I do have to say though last night I was in a crowd of 4 enemies with the M60 and you just have to spray while turning a slow 360 and they all drop. Now that is sweet. Then a UAV chopper blew me to pieces. That wasn't so sweet. :twitch:
  7. warup89

Thanks Received:
    I used "catalyst BETA 10.X" located in this forum thread and it fixed my flickering problems [using 4870 x2]
  8. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    I think splash damage is fine, no one in the right mind would fire off any form of rocket launcher at point blank range, thats a panic tactic that you would use to kill them and you just so you can say "ha you didn't kill me". Moral of the story is, use a gun at close range, thats what they are meant for, if your carrying a rocket launcher around in close quarters, I feel no remorse for your situation.

I've just rounded a corner into a guy with an M2CG too many times, they yank the trigger, I die, and they take like none of their own splash damage. So if you are arguing that those people should take more damage from a point blank explosion, then I agree.
    shevanel says thanks.
  9. SNiiPE_DoGG New Member

Thanks Received:
    personal splash damage range and amount should be doubled, splash damage on enemies should be lowered.

Its so BS that engineers (on port valdez) for example can just launch M2CG's vaguely in the direction of the sniper perch rocks and take out the snipers who are just poking their heads out. (not to say I spend much time in that position, I tend to take the long range perch at the rear left side of the map)
    1Kurgan1 says thanks.
  10. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    This I completely agree with, Engineer doesn't mean you are immune to explosions you cause, but right now it seems that way.

The other big gripe I have is, say a guy is right next to a house. If he was on the inside and you hit the wall he was buy with any explosive, he would be dead. But if he is on the outside and you hit the wall that they are practically touching, the wall blows up and they take 0 damage. I don't think thats a splash damage issue, just seems like a glitch to me, it's repeatable, they will take 0 damage every single time.
    SNiiPE_DoGG says thanks.
  11. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
    this is what im reffering to - I personally dont like anti tank class too much
    1Kurgan1 says thanks.
  12. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    Ah, then I guess we feel the same about people who panic shoot the rockets at close range., it is a pretty lame tactic.
  13. AlienIsGOD

AlienIsGOD

Thanks Received:
    Just bought the game today OoO!!!!! I Friggin love it!! in game name is: AlienIsGOD . Add me if u want. Im playin Recon atm and a bit of assault.
  14. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
    well.. panic shooting is one thing - but doing it deliberately is another. same example goes for noob tubers on assualt class that would rather kill you with a nade to the chest from 3ft away then fire a single bullet.

using their 'speciality' as their main weapon so to speak - its gotten way out of hand. but its they way some idiots like to play so who am i to argue. I'l just join the rest of the angry lynch mob that shouts 'you have no skill - GTFO' its not like in MW1, CoD or steam games where you can disable the use of certain perks or weapons your server.
    1Kurgan1 and warup89 say thanks.
  15. ZenZimZaliben

ZenZimZaliben

Thanks Received:
    It's not always that way. I have shot many people at close range with the GL. Simple fact is it takes to long to switch to the gun vs pulling the trigger on the GL. So you fire-off a quick GL shot and then switch to gun or pistol. If the game allowed the switch to happen like in real life it would be easier to switch. In real life it is just a matter of moving your hands up. WIth some weapons it's just a simple toggle. But, In the game it requires an entire animation sequence.

Also this game was MADE for these types of weapons. How else do you quickly clear a building? Storming in with a shotgun works sometimes, but an explosion to the side of the building is the best way. Whether that is with the GL/CG/Tanks whatever...The game rewards you for using these types of weapons. There are all sorts of pins, insignias that promote using these types of weapons.
  16. copenhagen69

Thanks Received:
    Is steam down for anyone else? I cant play ... stupid steam ...
  17. kid41212003

kid41212003

Thanks Received:
    It's understandable if you look at it this way.

Rockets have damage circumference around ~1.3 feet radius (sure kill with explosive gadget). As long as he is not in that, he will not die, only losing HP.

The only way to fix abusing rocket is make it less accurate and reduce anti-infantry damage. I believe anti-armor rockets don't have much blasting power, but more penetrating power.
  18. Corduroy_Jr

Corduroy_Jr New Member

Thanks Received:
    just purchased it today, installing it now, hope it has better maps then the beta?
  19. niko084

niko084

Thanks Received:
    Well, I think they should fix shotguns *I can dang near snipe with them*, also the machine guns/Rockets on the UAV are just stupid, LMG's are a little stupid as well, especially with improved aim.

I think it might be good to make small arms fire do a bit more damage to Heli's and make nades do a little more damage to tanks.
  20. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    Tell that to this guy!
  21. Corduroy_Jr

Corduroy_Jr New Member

Thanks Received:
    u all would not believe how much i pay for it, this is way i hate canada lol
  22. Corduroy_Jr

Corduroy_Jr New Member

Thanks Received:
    anyone playing tonight if so let me know what server your in?
  23. AlienIsGOD

AlienIsGOD

Thanks Received:
    I WOULD believe you, im in Ontario and paid 59.99 + taxes for it...OOPS cats outta the bag!!!!
  24. copenhagen69

Thanks Received:
    i paid like 49 off steam
  25. boomstik360

boomstik360

Thanks Received:
    everyone check out the urban assault server, it is my good buddies clan. Great stable server IP is 8.6.8.52:19567

Teamspeak 3 server is 8.6.2.2 port 9152