1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 Clubhouse

Discussion in 'techPowerUp! Club Forum' started by 1Kurgan1, Jan 23, 2010.

1. boise49ers

boise49ers

Thanks Received:
    FKNA it is !

2. burtram

burtram

Thanks Received:

I use the horizontal ones to gauge where to aim in order to shoot moving targets; they really help for long range moving targets.

DrPepper says thanks.
  3. caleb

Thanks Received:

Im not sure whether this changed or not but I don't think PB never kept a list of banned players by itself. A gameserver not only needs PB enabled but also needs to stream to a mbl server ( visit punksbusted.com for details) - this needs additional configuration from server admin. Otherwise if a player gets booted for a hax his GUID wont be registered anywhere and submitting it to a mbl forum wont do much as NOT streamed data wont be considered as valid proof of cheating. Having MBL configured properly will also get you fresh ban lists for your server.
    I went google to check if maybe this changed somehow but it appears the situation for BFBC2 is even worse. A quote from their forums :

TheMailMan78 and 1Kurgan1 say thanks.
  4. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    They apply man. As a matter of fact I'm working on come charts now for a thread I'm going to make to help everyone. Ill PM you when I'm done so you can check it out.

Wrigleyvillain and DrPepper say thanks.
  5. DrPepper

DrPepper The Doctor is in the house

Thanks Received:
    LOL at me for forgetting something as basic as a moving target :slap: I never usually shoot at moving targets I wait for them to stop and go for a cheast shot on HC.

Is this for every weapons sight I assume :toast:

6. caleb

Thanks Received:
    I think shooting ahead of moving targers with a sniper is more of a lag/hit box issue rather than an in game feature. Most games have "immidiate fire animation = on" - this means that pressing mouse triggers immidiate fire animation on your screen despite reality :

brain->mouse [0-500ms physical reaction time + depending on your reflex and current brain performance almost a full second]
    mouse->computer[few ms]
    computer->network interface[few ms]
    network->server[ping value here]
    server calculation[few ms]
    server->network[ping value again]
    network interface->your pc[few ms]
    your pc -> screen [few ms]

Usually the whole HARDWARE process takes about 200-300ms with ping around 90.
    This is the main reason of WTFOMFG in online shooter games as shooting on your screen doesnt mean you didnt get shot a few ms before and even more annoying you shot first and you got banged by your ping. Depending on game netcode/hitboxes the feeling is diffrent. CODMW2 is clearly more laggy then it appears to be. Sometimes my game counts a face hit with a shotgun but the person does't die but thats a game that I shouldnt mention here as there is no actual server. In BF2 I always prefired by almost a full cm of my screen in full scope with sniper rifle on running targets. RainbowSix Raven Shield had the ability of turning off immidiate fire animation and a lot of pro players (specially dutch with ultra low pings) played with it OFF but for me it was unplayable with my polish ping 90. Therefore I dont believe dice would add some wind correction or any other crap lag into an already not perfect laggy internet game expierience as the window for any changes closes down to a few ms ,which with all the lag factors I mentioned is hardly noticable.

DrPepper says thanks.
  7. DrPepper

DrPepper The Doctor is in the house

Thanks Received:
    Hmm that's the main reason I take shots when the target is still.

8. Scrizz

Scrizz

Thanks Received:
    BS, streaming does work
    http://www.pbbans.com/forums/streaming-setup-issues-and-console-tool-t112717.html
    http://www.pbbans.com/forums/punkbuster-coming-to-bad-company-2-t109801.html/page__st__180

9. SNiiPE_DoGG New Member

Thanks Received:
    I dont seem to have much trouble hitting moving targets, I dont think that any firing animation has an effect on the snipers such as you say... but that is just a non scientific judgment based on my own play.

Is there a video showing this better or a way I can test it myself?

10. lemode New Member

Thanks Received:
    I spent about 82 hours in beta practicing as recon aiming and tracking moving targets. With sniper rifles I have pretty good accuracy/kills in live. It just takes practice. Accuracy for other classes guns is off…but that tracking practice…anticipating movement….aiming ahead so they run into the bullet path…it’s just going to take practice practice practice! Did I mention practice?

If you’re too lazy to practice, go purchase an aimbot lawlz.

11. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    i just pwnt hard, we had a squad deathmatch, me and another guy hogged the APC for 3 rounds straight while our teammates went assault and prowled around... EVERY last recon tried to run up behind us to C4, and either i pwned em (MG on roof looking behind), or our assault dudes did.

12. Wrigleyvillain

Wrigleyvillain PTFO or GTFO

Thanks Received:
    Yes I linked to it in my first post about this here. See below. This is worthy of a separate thread I feel for a real in-depth discussion (and also as it applies to some other shooters too of course). Perhaps Mailman can start one when his visual aids are done :)

UPDATE: Apparently the image linked below is a real T-90 reticule. Looks more complicated than the one in BC2. Found on the BF2 Project Reality forums via search for "T-90 reticule". Though it's a ref for the devs and there's no discussion there. Im gonna look on the ArmA forums too.

http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/4103/gunnersightt90copycq8.gif

Last edited: Apr 26, 2010
  13. lemode New Member

Thanks Received:
    you know what...that video you posted dated the 5th seems pointless now.

with the release of R7 client updates it makes the tracking dart move at the speed of light and makes it even easier to take down choppers.

that video = null and void. you might 'try' to argue that not everyone carries a tracer dart...well any engi who doesn't and carries a pistol is retarded imo.

14. SNiiPE_DoGG New Member

Thanks Received:
    Maybe I wasn't clear here and it sounded like I was saying I have trouble sniping, I dont.

for instance, I have more kills than you do with the M95 in less than half the time with better accuracy and headshot percentage. So lets try to be a little less condescending, ok?

Yeah I saw that video about the CG wrigley, it was very useful and I am now using the cg on my eng as I find it much more useful :) I was more addressing caleb's post about the snipers tho

15. Wrigleyvillain

Wrigleyvillain PTFO or GTFO

Thanks Received:
    Ok. Yeah like I said the video was a good start for me but I didn't completely understand and need more info.

Settle down, Yakov. In fact it's not pointless because I am looking to learn how to use reticules properly in general. Perhaps this isn't the correct thread or even forum but I thought I'd start here...

16. lemode New Member

Thanks Received:
    I misread your post and I was going to apologize till I read what you wrote.

We can dissect stats and usage…my k/d is higher than you across the board on all classes. Regardless of how many headshots/shots fired/time played you pointed out a difference of 1% accuracy and more headshots…with the M95…congratulations! I did not state I was the best sniper ever anywhere in my original post.

You took umbrage my stating practicing (lord knows why you found that condescending in the first place) I’d consider that just a helpful hint. Anyway I misread your post and that’s all. So you should watch who's being condescending between the two of us.

17. SNiiPE_DoGG New Member

Thanks Received:
    Cheers man, not trying to start drama - but I take pride in my skills at sniper so thats the only reason I was a little miffed.

I wish I had your patience in playing... I tend to get rambo too often and play out of my class and position :D luckily the m1911 sometimes allows me to do that ;)

18. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    No. The tutorial I am going to type up will use tank sights and tanks. However all the principles will apply to all weapons. Including real ones ;)

Its the basics of shooting and how they apply to FPS games. But I am going to use BC2 as the model since its so popular and has some very cool features that haven't been done in gaming ballistics before.

19. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
  20. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
  21. caleb

Thanks Received:
    Ah ok my quote was the 1st result from google as I said but still... No MD5 No screenshots isnt exacly what I would call 100% working streaming...The biggest feature of PB was always the ability to lookup hackers on your server screenshots. Its easy to notice dodgy players and a lot of hackers got owned by this.

22. SNiiPE_DoGG New Member

Thanks Received:
    I'm not sure why the UMP works so well for me, there are other guns with higher power, more amunition per mag and much better accuracy....

Code:
            TIME          Kills      HS    Shots F   Hits    Accuracy
    UMP-45	03h 16m 28s	362	100	19 443	3 408	17.53 %
    Kills per hour is ~~ 111.5

anywho, I highly recommend it - along with the m95 they will be my first 2 plat stars I believe.

23. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    Well anyone looking for a brand spanking new (well basically, been in use like 4 days and havent turned anything but stock voltage) PII 955, just bought a 1055t, lol.

the UMP is nice, I think I will be using it now that the pp2000 sucks...

24. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    i've used the UMP since i got it. works well with dot sight, but still usable without on vehicle heavy maps when you need the extra 4 rockets

25. Scrizz

Scrizz

Thanks Received:
    I love the Ump, that was my engi rape weap