1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 Clubhouse

Discussion in 'techPowerUp! Club Forum' started by 1Kurgan1, Jan 23, 2010.

1. lemode

Thanks Received:
    That camouflage DLC that we can't get yet for the PC.

I’ve seen it on Xbox live. The medic (even in sand/snow maps) is in green camo. I have reconsidered its worth since seeing it with my own eyes.

2. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    Well got to test some this morning, running sound through the 5850's and no crashes, completely disabled onboard sound. So that must have been the issue.

3. Easy Rhino

Easy Rhino Linux Advocate

Thanks Received:
    TS back up

TheMailMan78, 1Kurgan1 and TRIPTEX_CAN say thanks.
  4. SNiiPE_DoGG New Member

Thanks Received:
    Had one of my best sniper rounds ever today so I thought I would share :) I've switched from magnum ammo to body armor on my sniper kit and it is REALLY nice. Takes three body shots to kill from most snipers, that is to say one body shot, take cover for only a few seconds and you can take another body shot without dying!

On Port valdez as attacker
    [​IMG]

5. Animalpak

Animalpak

Thanks Received:
    Lot at my worldwide position im the 10001

6. travva

travva New Member

Thanks Received:
    still the same as of right now?

7. TheLaughingMan

TheLaughingMan

Thanks Received:
    I will not be on for the next few days. Helping with the Chimp Challenge on Folding.

1Kurgan1 says thanks.
  8. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    Yep.

9. Flak

Thanks Received:
    Finally started working on Medic, just got the MG36 and I think I'm in love.

10. EastCoasthandle

EastCoasthandle New Member

Thanks Received:
    MG36? Hmm, haven't tried it since the update. However the XM8 LMG is very nice.

---------------------------------
    Hey guys here's a heads up about the EA forums
    source

If you get banned in their forum all EA related games could also be banned. The developer says this is happening in the US forums but does warn about the UK forums. Just a heads up!

Last edited: May 6, 2010
  11. Flak

Thanks Received:
    To me it's pretty much the XM8 LMG but comes standard with the red dot scope. Stats say it has higher accuracy as well, but in game experience I don't have to "waste" an accessory on the red dot scope. Probably why I'm loving it right now.

12. EastCoasthandle

Thanks Received:
    Yup, your right about the scope. And it's just like the XM8 LMG. I can't tell the difference except the scope is better for me on the MG36.

13. Wrigleyvillain

Wrigleyvillain PTFO or GTFO

Thanks Received:
    Client R8/Server R12 in QA. Some more good fixes including receiving points while you're dead and apparently a zoom/crouch toggle! Sweet.

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/bc2-pc-service-update/1088496-client-r8-server-r12-qa.html

14. El Fiendo

El Fiendo

Thanks Received:
    Excellent about the knifing, I got tired of hacking with no result so I switched to 'execution pistol' for awhile. I much prefer the knife though. Points after you're dead is going to be big for me too, but it may increase the amount of Jihadi quads and copters. Also, chat log and chat improvement is awesome. Now they need a server joining cancel button, if that makes any sense.

15. OnBoard

OnBoard New Member

Thanks Received:
    R8/R12 looks like a winner, didn't even know about a knife change. Just wondered why they don't die when I've already knifed them several times and then sometimes it only takes once.

16. Black Haru

Black Haru

Thanks Received:
    Gameplay - Countermeasures can be fired when driving a helicopter

THANK GOD!!!

I hope I am not the only person tired of dying from ridiculousness tracer-rocket kills.

17. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    They are really rolling out some nice patches now that add a lot and fix things that need to be fixed, this is where it's really going to polish the small things, nice too see.

I have barely ever got air time as pilot or as gunner, I had 7 total kills in choppers till like 2 days ago when Trip flew and I got to be nose gunner and it was great. I know it was nerfed, but feels like it should.

18. EastCoasthandle

Thanks Received:
    HA, I believe more nerfs are coming! Look at how generic that statement is.

Last edited: May 6, 2010
  19. TRIPTEX_CAN

TRIPTEX_CAN

Thanks Received:
    Yeah after the tracer buff it got harder to accomplish anything in the attack choppers but it wasn't really that bad. Now with the counter measures and improved handling I look forward to dominating from the sky. I hope they didn't make the choppers too easy to fly however. I liked when nobody even tried to take my chopper.

You were a pretty lethal gunner... being able to remove tracers is going to make things interesting.

Agreed, DICE appears to be getting some hard work done lately. Good for them. I'm curious what they mean by "Gameplay - Weapon tweaks have been implemented based on PC public feedback". I have the feeling this will be the revival of the 40mm SGN and the G3 back to what they deserve to be and MAYBE optical upgrades for M14 and G3.

I don't think we'll see the gunner's primary get changed again.. DICE knows how PC players fly and shoot. They gave use weaker choppers at first intentionally I'm sure of it.

1Kurgan1 says thanks.
  20. EastCoasthandle

Thanks Received:
    Well look at the last time they made that comment. What they did was nerf the 40nm shotgun, the M16, M95, M60 and the G3. Although they did improve other weapons. So my guess is that they've got something similar planned again. What weapons will be involved? We have to wait and see.

21. SNiiPE_DoGG New Member

Thanks Received:
    :D

:D:D

:D:D

:D:D:D

:D:D:)

I really really like the sound of this patch! so many great things gameplay and client wise!

22. EastCoasthandle

Thanks Received:
    Why don't they allow chat at end of round? That doesn't make much sense. We currently can do that now albeit limited time is given before the next round loads. If they are finally going to allow chat when you are at the respawn screen why not allow chat when the round ends?

23. brandonwh64

brandonwh64 Addicted to Bacon and StarCrunches!!!

Thanks Received:
    Client - Any points you get while being dead will be added to your score

THANK FUCKING GOD! i would blow a tank up with the CG and get like a added up to 400 score but still only have 50 or so since they didnt get them for dying

Crunching for Team TPU
  24. TRIPTEX_CAN

TRIPTEX_CAN

Thanks Received:
    I agree but I have the feeling these changes are actually based on community feedback as opposed to Demize99 just pushing all changes on the PC from console data. From what I gather over there (uk forum) these are what I think the community (over there) is bitching about.

Gustav - still OP and splash is rediculous. (personally I don't think engineers should have rockets designed for infantry... they're engineers repair a vehicle or blown one up. The RPG7 and AT4 are good enough to solve any situation the engineer should encounter)

G3- Did not need a nerf

40 mm SGN - did not need a nerf

An-94 - did not need a buffing

The "reintroduce M14 and G3 optics thread" has over 1000 votes and 80% are in favor of bringing them back. I really have a strong feeling this is possible.

25. EastCoasthandle

Thanks Received:
    I would hope that's the case. But you have to find it odd they simply don't say they are doing that. Which makes me a tad skeptical. Here is what needs to happen IMO:
    -M14 Mod 0, G3 needs a buff along with optical scope
    -M95 needs a faster reload time and better accuracy (since they nerfed it)
    -40nm gl needs a buff
    -M16 needs a buff it was fine before the nerf
    -GOL needs a slight improvement in bullet drop to reflect it's accuracy stats. It drops way to soon IMO.